Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 07:39:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Good Article  (Read 59296 times)

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: A Good Article
« Reply #210 on June 04, 2014, 01:15:06 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I find it amazing some of the drivel some posters on here actually believe.
Do any of you really think the opinions of a tiny minority of Rovers fans stopped TB accepting SC's bid last time?
The bid wasn't accepted because TB didn't like how it was to be financed. Nothing to do with what Wing Commander, River Don or anyone else thought.
 :facepalm: :facepalm:

I think it's human nature to overestimate one's impact and place in the world.

The entire membership of the VSC could stage a dirty protest outside the KM and it'd not make one iota of difference to this deal.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on June 04, 2014, 01:35:16 pm by BigColSutherland »
What if JR had a problem with all directors? Should they all go, "for the good of the trust"? It's a shame you don't understand the idea of a supporters trust, and how it has to be 100% independent from the club, something which JR fiercely agreed with when the VSC was formed.
It's more of a shame that you can't read something properly without this standard knee-jerk reaction.

Step-back, not stand down.

Regardless, what purpose does a trust serve if the club won't speak to it and its shareholding is minimal?

But the problem is when you have two people both with massive ego's who simply don't like each other.

I'd expect that the one who owns the club would ultimately call the shots.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #212 on June 04, 2014, 01:37:55 pm by Wellred »
He wouldn't be able to call the shots where the VSC is concerned though.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on June 04, 2014, 01:57:59 pm by BigColSutherland »
No, but why would he need to really?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on June 04, 2014, 02:08:12 pm by bobjimwilly »
why would the VSC stage a protest? Where have the VSC said they are against this potential takeover?
Quotes/links please, if you will...

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on June 04, 2014, 02:10:21 pm by Sad-Rovers »
why would the VSC stage a protest? Where have the VSC said they are against this potential takeover?

Where has anyone said that the VSC IS against the TO?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on June 04, 2014, 02:13:46 pm by wing commander »
It's not the relationship with the vsc that would make the difference...It's the relationship he would have with Gavin that worries me...For me he's been the most important person at our club for a while and the professionalism and running of the club has never been as good as it is now...He's not been short of offers from some big clubs and I wonder if he could work with JR again..Losing him would be a massive blow for us.....

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on June 04, 2014, 02:15:50 pm by pib »

:facepalm:

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #218 on June 04, 2014, 02:18:17 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I'm glad it's not just me...

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on June 04, 2014, 02:23:56 pm by wing commander »
    I'm trying to understand your point of view here gents...Im not sure why you think the vsc are against it...I haven't seen any bad comments from any directors other than the standard we will have to wait and see comments...Obviousley they were anti the last takeover and rightly so but cant see were your getting this assumption from...Seriousley what makes you think that sad/pib????

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on June 04, 2014, 02:24:57 pm by BigColSutherland »

Quite eye-opening who VSC members have voted for to represent them...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #221 on June 04, 2014, 02:26:21 pm by Filo »

Why would it concern a non-member?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on June 04, 2014, 02:26:53 pm by Sad-Rovers »
    I'm trying to understand your point of view here gents...Im not sure why you think the vsc are against it...I haven't seen any bad comments from any directors other than the standard we will have to wait and see comments...Obviousley they were anti the last takeover and rightly so but cant see were your getting this assumption from...Seriousley what makes you think that sad/pib????

Please reread my last post:

Where has anyone said that the VSC IS against the TO?

I'm asking who's said the VSC IS against the TO...

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #223 on June 04, 2014, 02:27:38 pm by pib »

Are you for real?

I don't think the VSC is against it. I don't think Sad thinks the VSC is against it either.

Sad's post said the VSC COULD protest against it, but it wouldn't make a bit of difference. COULD, COULD, COULD, COULD, COULD. Can I spell it out any more? Not they ARE against it, or WILL protest... but if they did, it wouldn't make a difference (in Sad's opinion). That's the point. Not that the VSC is either for or against.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:29:44 pm by pib »

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on June 04, 2014, 02:27:59 pm by Sad-Rovers »

It concerns me, Filo, and I am a member.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #225 on June 04, 2014, 02:29:22 pm by wing commander »
   Sorry Sad..my misinterpretation.....You could make a brilliant stage show of all this for the Civic centre xmas pantomime...lol

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on June 04, 2014, 02:30:29 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Thank you Pib. Sometimes I think people deliberately "misunderstand" posts to generate conflict.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on June 04, 2014, 02:31:45 pm by wing commander »
pib....calm down it was only a misinterpretation don't get hot under the collar...

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #228 on June 04, 2014, 02:32:46 pm by RJHeader »
It's not the relationship with the vsc that would make the difference...It's the relationship he would have with Gavin that worries me...For me he's been the most important person at our club for a while and the professionalism and running of the club has never been as good as it is now...He's not been short of offers from some big clubs and I wonder if he could work with JR again..Losing him would be a massive blow for us.....

Has it been documented anywhere that Gavin had a falling out with JR? Or that he felt he couldnt work with him or anything like that?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on June 04, 2014, 02:34:36 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Has it been documented anywhere that Gavin had a falling out with JR? Or that he felt he couldnt work with him or anything like that?

As far as I'm aware JR and GB had (have?) a good relationship, unless anyone could expand why they think otherwise?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on June 04, 2014, 02:35:04 pm by BigColSutherland »

It doesn't really concern me Filo. More of an observation.

I can however imagine what I would be thinking if I was a member right now. It would be something along the lines of "we voted for this? seriously?"

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #231 on June 04, 2014, 02:35:17 pm by Filo »
Right, I've not contributed much on this TO, I'm neither for or against it, there's not enough, if any info to go on to form an opinion, I've read the various comments on this thread and the other threads concerning this potential TO and some of the insinuations are distinctly anti VSC, you might not say it outright, but they are there. Three or four posters are continually trying to indirectly bait the VSC directors in my opinion, you know who you are! It's time it stopped, the TO will either happen or it won't, there's nothing any of us can do about it bar register our approval or disapproval if it happens, so lets quit the baiting and see what happens eh?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on June 04, 2014, 02:36:26 pm by pib »
pib....calm down it was only a misinterpretation don't get hot under the collar...

I'm calm. I'm sat behind a computer reading a forum. How you draw such conclusions from some text on a screen is a mystery to me.

Excuse the capital letters and bold text, I used those in the hope that they would help to put the message across as clearly as possible to the likes of yourself and BJW, rather than to express any irateness on my part.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on June 04, 2014, 02:39:00 pm by BigColSutherland »
Right, I've not contributed much on this TO, I'm neither for or against it, there's not enough, if any info to go on to form an opinion, I've read the various comments on this thread and the other threads concerning this potential TO and some of the insinuations are distinctly anti VSC, you might not say it outright, but they are there. Three or four posters are continually trying to indirectly bait the VSC directors in my opinion, you know who you are! It's time it stopped, the TO will either happen or it won't, there's nothing any of us can do about it bar register our approval or disapproval if it happens, so lets quit the baiting and see what happens eh?

This is a forum provided by the VSC. It is not a VSC political mouthpiece. There should be no issue whatsoever with anti-VSC posts – real or imagined.

And VSC directors should not be granted special privileges whereby they cannot be questioned or ‘baited’. Other posters are certainly not afforded these privileges.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on June 04, 2014, 02:42:07 pm by RJHeader »

Stop throwing your toys out the pram Filo. Its a discussion

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #235 on June 04, 2014, 02:42:20 pm by wing commander »
   Not publically that i'm aware of RJ,but it stands to reason that Gavin has been given cart blanche on all day to day running of the club,he would also have been a close advisor and handled the previous takeover on behalf of Roversincluding the negotiations and advised the board,he is the main supporter of club Doncaster...JR has stated he doesn't see the benefit of this and would Gavin be prepared to go in the direction JR wants on that and other issues....I

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #236 on June 04, 2014, 02:43:28 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Big Col raises an important point, Viking Chat is supposedly independent of the VSC (dispute the vast majority of the moderators here being directors of the VSC, Filo excepted)

If the decisions or action/inaction of the VSC can't be discussed here then where?

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on June 04, 2014, 02:43:58 pm by RJHeader »
   Not publically that i'm aware of RJ,but it stands to reason that Gavin has been given cart blanche on all day to day running of the club,he would also have been a close advisor and handled the previous takeover on behalf of Roversincluding the negotiations and advised the board,he is the main supporter of club Doncaster...JR has stated he doesn't see the benefit of this and would Gavin be prepared to go in the direction JR wants on that and other issues....I

He wasnt the negotiator* . David Blunt was. Think you're adding 2 and 2 to get 5 personally mate.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #238 on June 04, 2014, 02:48:40 pm by wing commander »
  Lets just say I wouldn't be to sure on that mate...I hope they can though he has done a brilliant job for us that's for sure and has a massive amount of respect both at ours and other clubs....

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on June 04, 2014, 02:50:36 pm by Iberian Red »
Sad and Col/jimbob.  You make a lovely tag team. However wouldn't it be better that John did his own ground work?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012