Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 10:20:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Good Article  (Read 59222 times)

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: A Good Article
« Reply #270 on June 04, 2014, 06:14:25 pm by Sad-Rovers »
admins/mods/moderators.

Delete as applicable.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #271 on June 04, 2014, 06:16:06 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
admins/mods/moderators.

Delete as applicable.

You delete, then I'll know what role you're asking about. As I've said, there are only two forum moderators, neither of whom are VSC board members.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #272 on June 04, 2014, 06:24:37 pm by Filo »
Not bothered about allaying our fears and concerns then SR, Colin?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #273 on June 04, 2014, 06:27:38 pm by BigColSutherland »
I shared my thoughts on this matter yesterday when Nudga asked a similar question.

It's also hard to allay people's' fears when you don't know what they're scared of.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #274 on June 04, 2014, 06:36:24 pm by Filo »
I shared my thoughts on this matter yesterday when Nudga asked a similar question.

It's also hard to allay people's' fears when you don't know what they're scared of.

So what is Colin scared of, as you implied he had fears that needed allaying

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #275 on June 04, 2014, 06:40:23 pm by The Red Baron »
It is a pity that this thread has descended into another anti-VSC one. I think some people don't understand what the VSC exists for and maybe if they joined and got involved they would.

As a supporters' trust, the VSC is always going to be cautious about changes of ownership, largely because, in an extreme case, the VSC may become the vehicle by which the club is able to continue.

At the end of the day, the VSC may well be unable to influence any change of ownership any more than ordinary supporters are able to do. However, they will be keen to see in what direction the new owners intend to take the club. As indeed I will be.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #276 on June 04, 2014, 06:44:06 pm by BigColSutherland »

So what is Colin scared of, as you implied he had fears that needed allaying

Did I?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #277 on June 04, 2014, 07:09:01 pm by Sad-Rovers »
admins/mods/moderators.

Delete as applicable.

You delete, then I'll know what role you're asking about. As I've said, there are only two forum moderators, neither of whom are VSC board members.

Ok then, can we have a list of users who have the ability to delete posts?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #278 on June 04, 2014, 07:20:14 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I'll make it easy for you Glyn, how many of the following accounts belong to serving VSC directors?

big fat yorkshire pudding         Administrator      
NathanDRFC               Administrator      
bobjimwilly               Administrator         
silent majority               Administrator   
RobTheRover               Administrator
DRNaith                  Global Moderator
Jenny                  Global Moderator   
Glyn_Wigley               Global Moderator   
Filo                     Global Moderator
DaveDRFC               Global Moderator   
DearneValleyRover            Global Moderator   
DRNaith                  Global Moderator   

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #279 on June 04, 2014, 07:22:41 pm by BigColSutherland »
I thought there were only two moderators?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #280 on June 04, 2014, 07:23:34 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I thought there were only two moderators?

Confusing, isnt it?

keepmoatfaithful

• Forum Member
« Reply #281 on June 04, 2014, 07:24:18 pm by keepmoatfaithful »
ffs sad give it a rest. what is ur chuffin problem exactly? you trying to bring down this forum cos your crappy one dint take off?

heres a guess - maybe certain users on here need mod access to see hidden sections that are just for directors?

surely everyone on that list have got better things to be doing than answering ur pointless fking questions all the time?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #282 on June 04, 2014, 07:27:08 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Bit rude.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #283 on June 04, 2014, 07:27:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Technically we can all delete posts but leave the moderation to Filo and Naith as we as a Board want to be hands off as much as possible. They're the forum moderators, hence why my forum status is just VSC member, same as yours. However, on occasions where neither Filo or Naith are around one of us may have to take any actions that are warranted immediately, such as removing offensive or illegal posts that contravene the Forum Rules. I can't remember that last time I had to to that. If I see anything untoward I bring it to Filo and Naith's attention and let them decide.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #284 on June 04, 2014, 07:28:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
heres a guess - maybe certain users on here need mod access to see hidden sections that are just for directors?

There is that as well, which I believe is why we had 'global' moderator status, just to enable that for us.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #285 on June 04, 2014, 07:28:44 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Technically we can all delete posts but leave the moderation to Filo and Naith as we as a Board want to be hands off as much as possible. They're the forum moderators, hence why my forum status is just VSC member, same as yours. However, on occasions where neither Filo or Naith are around one of us may have to take any actions that are warranted immediately, such as removing offensive or illegal posts that contravene the Forum Rules. I can't remember that last time I had to to that. If I see anything untoward I bring it to Filo and Naith's attention and let them decide.

Thanks for your post Glyn, very enlightening.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #286 on June 04, 2014, 07:29:42 pm by Wellred »
ffs sad give it a rest. what is ur chuffin problem exactly? you trying to bring down this forum cos your crappy one dint take off?

surely everyone on that list have got better things to be doing than answering ur pointless fking questions all the time?

What a very adult post.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #287 on June 04, 2014, 07:30:21 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Interesting that you only seem to pop up when you see a "threat" to the VSC. If I was being uncharitable I'd suggest you were a sockpuppet account.

keepmoatfaithful

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on June 04, 2014, 07:32:25 pm by keepmoatfaithful »

Interesting that you only seem to pop up when you see a "threat" to the VSC. If I was being uncharitable I'd suggest you were a sockpuppet account.

i prefer to read rather that get involved but this chuff is now 10 pages long and its mostly u shit stirring by the looks of it

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #289 on June 04, 2014, 07:34:13 pm by Sad-Rovers »

i prefer to read rather that get involved but this chuff is now 10 pages long and its mostly u shit stirring by the looks of it

You say shit stirring, I say asking questions of the co-operative that I'm a member of.

keepmoatfaithful

• Forum Member
« Reply #290 on June 04, 2014, 07:36:05 pm by keepmoatfaithful »
seems like your just askin questions about the forum to me like

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #291 on June 04, 2014, 07:36:54 pm by Sad-Rovers »
The forum hosted by the co-op and paid for from members subs.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #292 on June 04, 2014, 07:37:30 pm by wing commander »
Yep thats how it works,when i was a director i was technically a moderater...but never did anything,that wasnt our responsibility and why we gave that as a nominated job..The only times any director moderated that i know off was for legal reasons and action had to be taken quickly if the mods werent about

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #293 on June 04, 2014, 07:39:13 pm by StocktonRover »

Are Saddo and bct a double act - the pair of you are boring the shit out of me and many others.

If you know facts tell them, if you don't give the whole disruptive shitfest a break.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #294 on June 04, 2014, 07:42:01 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Are you two a double act - the pair of you are boring the shit out of me and many others.

If you know facts tell them, if you don't give the whole disruptive shitfest a break.

Thanks for your insight Stockton, I assure you that KMF is nowt to do with me but I'd bet my bottom dollar he's someone sockpuppet.

Far out suggestion but you could always read the threads that interest you?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #295 on June 04, 2014, 07:52:19 pm by BigColSutherland »

Are Saddo and bct a double act - the pair of you are boring the shit out of me and many others.

Don't like it, don't read it. It's not rocket science.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:58:52 pm by BigColSutherland »

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #296 on June 04, 2014, 07:53:06 pm by StocktonRover »
 :blush:
Sorry for the confusion Sad - I unfortunately quoted the wrong post hence the edit as you were typing your response.

Doesn't alter the gist of it though - it was aimed at you and BCS.

As for your suggestion of only reading the threads that interest me - any proposed takeover interests me, as does anything about the club I follow, but the incessant boring slant that you two are pedalling is entwined within it. Particularly if it stays on topic and is balanced.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #297 on June 04, 2014, 07:54:55 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Sorry for the confusion Sad - I unfortunately quoted the wrong post hence the edit as you were typing your response.

As for your suggestion of only reading the threads that interest me - any proposed takeover interests me, as does anything about the club I follow, but the incessant boring slant that you two are pedalling is entwined within the. Particularly if it stays on topic and is balanced.

My apologies that this thread has taken a turn that you don't like but isn't that the beauty of conversation, that it meanders and goes to other topics?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #298 on June 04, 2014, 07:59:51 pm by StocktonRover »

As for your suggestion of only reading the threads that interest me - any proposed takeover interests me, as does anything about the club I follow, but the incessant boring slant that you two are pedalling is entwined within the. Particularly if it stays on topic and is balanced.

My apologies that this thread has taken a turn that you don't like but isn't that the beauty of conversation, that it meanders and goes to other topics?

Apology accepted.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #299 on June 04, 2014, 08:01:35 pm by Sad-Rovers »
See KMF? We call all be friends, no need for you to fly off the handle.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012