Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 04:13:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Good Article  (Read 59200 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: A Good Article
« Reply #300 on June 04, 2014, 08:30:58 pm by wing commander »
    I'm just shocked I haven't had my standard fall out with Wellred yet over this...Still theres time fella eh...;-)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #301 on June 04, 2014, 08:47:33 pm by BigColSutherland »
    I'm just shocked I haven't had my standard fall out with Wellred yet over this...Still theres time fella eh...;-)
He's not been the same since his fourth comeback.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #302 on June 04, 2014, 08:49:14 pm by Wellred »

But unlike some I don't reinvent myself with a new name.
Anyway whats to fall out over? Now that you have eventually come around to my way of thinking and realise I have been correct all this time.  :chair:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:51:58 pm by Wellred »

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #303 on June 04, 2014, 08:55:01 pm by BigColSutherland »
Agreed

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #304 on June 04, 2014, 08:58:30 pm by wing commander »

But unlike some I don't reinvent myself with a new name.
Anyway whats to fall out over? Now that you have eventually come around to my way of thinking and realise I have been correct all this time.  :chair:

haha Strange I was thinking exactly the opposite ;-)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #305 on June 04, 2014, 10:15:24 pm by Not Now Kato »
ffs sad give it a rest. what is ur chuffin problem exactly? you trying to bring down this forum cos your crappy one dint take off?

heres a guess - maybe certain users on here need mod access to see hidden sections that are just for directors?

surely everyone on that list have got better things to be doing than answering ur pointless fking questions all the time?

What a very adult post.

What a very childish response.  ;)

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #306 on June 05, 2014, 09:25:39 am by Wild Rover »
Well, they're obviously not in DRFC to make a profit!

Maybe they (and the other shareholders) sold to Keepmoat when they received an offer that allowed them to go off and do the other things they wanted to do in life...like set up a charitable trust, invest in some worthwhile community projects etc

I am sure offers 1 & 2 did that.

They're business men, they were selling a business and they wanted to get full value for it. I don't see what the problem with that is.

There is no problem Don. Just pointing out that if price is right business can be done.

As can be seen here from the mouth of TB.

Last November, following Ryan’s shock resignation as chairman and negotiations with Sequentia Capital, Bramall said: “Either we are presented with a deal we are prepared to accept or we carry on as we are. I’m quite happy with either option.

“I’m happy with the first option as long as there are reasonable terms that are good for the club and for ourselves.”

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #307 on June 05, 2014, 09:32:56 am by wing commander »
   And just what is your problem with that Wild Rover?? They have put a lot of money in,most of which they are going to lose..Of course they will want to get something back as they should !! I fail to see what your point is..!!!!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #308 on June 05, 2014, 09:36:48 am by Wild Rover »
I don't have a problem with it. It just dispels the myth that TB/DW only had DRFC well being in mind when turning down offers in the recent past.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #309 on June 05, 2014, 09:36:56 am by Sad-Rovers »
The point is that *some* have tried to say that the KM2 will only sell if it's in the best interest of DRFC when that's obviously not the case, their overriding concern is to maximise the price for the club.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #310 on June 05, 2014, 10:00:13 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Sad

You've made a huge leap of logic there. Now, that might be what YOU believe, but it's certainly not "obviously the case".

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #311 on June 05, 2014, 10:07:42 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The point is that *some* have tried to say that the KM2 will only sell if it's in the best interest of DRFC when that's obviously not the case, their overriding concern is to maximise the price for the club.

Why would it be when they don't need the money?

Quite clearly if it was just about money they could have sold to anyone straight away well before now.  That they haven't makes it clear it isn't about money.  If it was just about money would we have seen them sign Billy Sharp, Tamas, Meite etc?  Would we have seen them bother to come and talk to fans?  They wouldn't need to if they just wanted money, they wouldn't need to do that, they'd just sit in a backseet, put no money in and let the place fall apart (plus let players like Wellens simply leave in Jan).

I think it's a big discredit to say it's about money.  They're worth 100s of millions, do you really think that the small amount of money they'd get for Rovers is worth that much?  I just cannot see it at all.

The last takeover was clearly bad news, whether this one is right or not will be clarified in the fullness of time.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #312 on June 05, 2014, 10:10:09 am by River Don »
"their overriding concern is to maximise the price for the club.

If that was the case they would have saved themselves a whole lot of money by selling up last year to SC.

If they accept the offer on the table now, I bet the terms they accept won't be as good as they could have taken last year.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #313 on June 05, 2014, 10:16:39 am by BillyStubbsTears »

If that was the case they would have saved themselves a whole lot of money by selling up last year to SC.

My thoughts exactly RD. TB has been a phenomenally successful businessman. If his aim with the Rovers has been to line his own pockets, I cannot see what was to be gained in spending another year pouring >>£1m of his own money into the club, only to see it end up as a valuable marketable product.

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #314 on June 05, 2014, 10:19:13 am by drfc-steve »
Here's what Terry Bramall and Co. will be thinking when discussing a takeover. It's the same as I would expect any sane person to think, and the same as I would think.

1) Will the club be safe
2) How much are we going to get

That is literally ALL they are thinking about. Not "I wonder what the supporters are thinking" or "I wonder what that group of people are thinking".

The club will be sold for the right reasons for both the club AND for Bramall and Co.

Example: If an AMAZING proposition came up for the club which would see the club competitive in the championship (and beyond) and secure for the next 50 years, but they wanted the club for free/pittance, the deal wouldn't happen.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #315 on June 05, 2014, 10:22:34 am by BigColSutherland »

If they accept the offer on the table now, I bet the terms they accept won't be as good as they could have taken last year.

That's assuming SC had the money in the first place.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #316 on June 05, 2014, 10:23:32 am by River Don »

My thoughts exactly RD. TB has been a phenomenally successful businessman. If his aim with the Rovers has been to line his own pockets, I cannot see what was to be gained in spending another year pouring >>£1m of his own money into the club, only to see it end up as a valuable marketable product.

It's another year spent pouring money into the club, how much has he invested in it now? I can't imagine he'll recoup more by spending another year doing that, can you?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #317 on June 05, 2014, 10:26:30 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Jr said they did didn't he?

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #318 on June 05, 2014, 10:30:48 am by Tokyos Boot »
Yes but last year they had a vested interest in keeping the club because, as little as them businessmen know (and care) about the football, we were a Championship side - a side with a potential to turn around a bigger revenue, and with a larger public identity as a result of this.

We went down, which much have an impact on our share value as a club (and financial projections for the coming year) - a rebuffed offer might trigger their financial interest this time round seen as they are now being asked to foot a much bigger loss with a riskier (and not as golden) reward.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #319 on June 05, 2014, 10:37:14 am by BigColSutherland »

Jr said they did didn't he?

Perhaps he thought they did. Perhaps Bramall did too. Perhaps there was a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

We can all speculate about strangers' motivations for business deals we played no part in.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #320 on June 05, 2014, 10:44:51 am by River Don »
Yes but last year they had a vested interest in keeping the club because, as little as them businessmen know (and care) about the football, we were a Championship side - a side with a potential to turn around a bigger revenue, and with a larger public identity as a result of this.

We went down, which much have an impact on our share value as a club (and financial projections for the coming year) - a rebuffed offer might trigger their financial interest this time round seen as they are now being asked to foot a much bigger loss with a riskier (and not as golden) reward.

As Jenny pointed out elsewhere on this site, the club is technically insolvent. When was the last time the Rovers made a profit? There are no golden rewards where Rovers are concerned.

All that can be done is to try and control the extent of the losses each year. That would be as much a challenge for JR & LT as it is for TB & DW.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #321 on June 05, 2014, 10:56:38 am by Tokyos Boot »
I suppose the question is wether 'Sporting Club Doncaster' stands more chance of making money for us than rolling the dice and having a go at a Prem push at some point...

Both ideas are frankly ridiculous, and i thank my lucky stars that we have people willing to blow their wad on investing in the next few years of fun at DRFC. As long as the football still happens, we treat our managers with respect and leave footballing matters to footballing people, the owners can be anonymous as far as i'm concerned.

You'd hope with a financial interest that things will be shaken up (or personell changed) in our stadium management at the KMS, the decision making, marketing and events put on are such a mark on our professionalism.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #322 on June 05, 2014, 10:57:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »

If they didn't, what the bloody hell was Ryan playing about at?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #323 on June 05, 2014, 11:03:21 am by BigColSutherland »
Any answer to that William would just be more speculation.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #324 on June 05, 2014, 11:05:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Good one BCS. Speculate up to the point that further speculation might undermine your thesis, then stop.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #325 on June 05, 2014, 11:41:53 am by wing commander »

You seem to be taking your opinion and stating it as a fact with any foundation whatsoever...

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #326 on June 05, 2014, 12:03:53 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Wingco, are you seriously suggesting that if a dodgy Russian billionaire rocked up offering whatever the KM2 deem is a fair price that they'd hold off with the "not in the clubs interests" routine that they used last time?

I don't doubt that they'll loose millions on the sale but they obviously want to minimise that loss. They're not idiots. 

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #327 on June 05, 2014, 12:47:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Anyone read todays article in the Free Press? Reading through it, was generally agreeing until it came to the summary of the circumstances leading to his resignation. What!

I'm hoping this was the journos take on his words, because that's not how things happened and we all know it was JR's decision to resign and the way he did it. Not sure how he expected the club to react when he dropped the bomshell minutes before kick off and didn't even clarify the terms of his resignation. No sympathy from me on that point.
Again, shame to say, but another indication it's all about him.

Having said all that, I think he has more chance of pulling this one off if he can convince the current board that there is a long term plan and, there are no skeletons in the cupboard behind this and, of course, proof of the reddies and where the reddies come from.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #328 on June 05, 2014, 12:52:13 pm by wing commander »
    I agree with you on that...What I cant understand is why everyone has a problem with that??? They are going to come out the other side with a lot less than they went into it with...However they stated that the deal has to be right for both the club and them...From the info I have it wasn't on either level....I cant understand why people assume its just because it wasn't enough money...and disregard the option that sc didn't satisfy the clubs requirements for the future...

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #329 on June 05, 2014, 12:58:23 pm by River Don »
Wingco, are you seriously suggesting that if a dodgy Russian billionaire rocked up offering whatever the KM2 deem is a fair price that they'd hold off with the "not in the clubs interests" routine that they used last time?

I don't doubt that they'll loose millions on the sale but they obviously want to minimise that loss. They're not idiots. 

Honestly, I think they'd examine the offer just the same and if they felt there were question marks over the credibility of it, they'd rebuff it. I think they have shown it's not all about the money.

Of course they would want to minimise their losses, even John Ryan has limits, he'll dig deeper for the Rovers but he doesn't have the same resources as the KM2.

Which brings me back to co-operation. It's such a shame they can't all come to some mutual agreement. If TB and DW were to remain involved but insist on limits to their commitment, what would be wrong with that? They could let John and Louis go make whatever investment the liked.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:01:47 pm by River Don »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012