Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 08:15:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Trust  (Read 12352 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: New Trust
« Reply #30 on June 22, 2014, 09:08:29 pm by RedJ »
Yes you can if you pledge money it is buying shares as people in the trust will have a 5% stake in the club

No, you can pledge to the trust, which will then own shares you've put money towards it buying, but you personally don't get the share. The trust just owns it on your behalf.

That's my understanding anyway.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 22, 2014, 10:32:52 pm by bfdoncaster west »
have this vsc put mony in

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 23, 2014, 06:32:41 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No the vsc hasn't put any money in.

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 23, 2014, 09:43:56 am by bfdoncaster west »
 why not

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 23, 2014, 11:09:02 am by RedJ »
Well why should they?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 23, 2014, 11:29:52 am by the vicar »
Why should you? Because believe it or not, you are supposed to be fans, helping to raise money for the club...... Or, you're wanting it to fail miserably so you can thumb your noses and gloat........ Sad really that we have fans wanting or willing, should I say, to see the club we are all supposed to adore, sadly fail.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 23, 2014, 11:33:56 am by bobjimwilly »
Vicar - point me to one post where a VSC Director or Member expresses their wish for JR/LT to fail, and I'll eat my hat.

Sorry, but you're mistaken - the VSC was not formed to help raise money for the club.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 23, 2014, 11:49:36 am by RedJ »
Why should you? Because believe it or not, you are supposed to be fans, helping to raise money for the club...... Or, you're wanting it to fail miserably so you can thumb your noses and gloat........ Sad really that we have fans wanting or willing, should I say, to see the club we are all supposed to adore, sadly fail.

I already put plenty of money into the club thank you very much. Or are you wanting to make this into an "I'm a better fan than you" thing? ah, that old chestnut...

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 23, 2014, 11:56:07 am by Rios »
author=the vicar link=topic=246936.msg456156#msg456156 date=1403519392

You make it sound like a charity.  It's a business, a private club and one which and I'm sure most others on here put an unhealthy and disproportionate amount of their income into on a yearly basis to support.  There's not one Rovers fan on here that wants our club to fail regardless of their viewpoint of the current ownership and fund raising efforts.

BJW is spot on, the VSC is not a fund raising vehicle despite the fact that it does contribute to the club.  Maybe that's part of the problem in that there are so many people who really just don't get what supporters co-ops are and what they're not.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 23, 2014, 12:01:21 pm by hoolahoop »

Dave it isn't like that and I credited you with far more intelligence than that. The VSC has a history of supporting and looking after the interests of our fans.
It is a Supporters Trust and has elected officials to control and decide where it's funds will be donated to.
Why should they donate money to another 'Trust' (Iknow it's different) attempting to take decisions away from loyal fans and give those rights to One Direction fans ?
Are you mad...............why would they do that and why would you expect them to do that when all has NOT been revealed about future plans, funding etc for the club ?
They would like to see what this  'Trust' has to offer (if anything) before throwing money into it. You are no longer a member of the VSC and have no rights concerning where the members money should be allocated to.

Step back and think it through ...........do you want an independent organisation safeguarding the future wellbeing of DRFC or not ?  :mad:
I'm fuming that you would seek to use mine and others money when you have no interest in our money in the first place!!

Please pop round my house and I will gladly empty the contents of your wallet as if the money was mine and walk off into the sunset. This 'glorification' of JR has gone too far with you and quite a few others. Your heart is ruling your head..........THINK !

Before you suggest it , I want this to work as much as you but I am wary of the unknown and don't want to lose the IRWT initiative or the future of DRFC.  :rtid:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:14:40 pm by hoolahoop »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 23, 2014, 12:10:44 pm by hoolahoop »
Vicar - point me to one post where a VSC Director or Member expresses their wish for JR/LT to fail, and I'll eat my hat.

Sorry, but you're mistaken - the VSC was not formed to help raise money for the club.

Correct bjw it's there and has always been there to protect the rights of the supporters and ensure that the 'community' of Doncaster has a team to support in the future.
Vicar you know that. You know the history of the club well enough for me not to spell out what the VSC has done in the past , was doing at present (IRWT) and is charged to do in the future.
It's NOT for 'jumping into beds with owners', indiscriminate fundraising et al.

It's there to work with owners for the good of the club and it's supporters............all that may be at risk now sadly. :(

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 23, 2014, 12:23:57 pm by Yargo »
Uttley reckons millions have gone in the bank from LT&JR,the "fundraiser" is for community and youth projects,missed that one the other day i did
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:38:04 pm by Yargo »

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 23, 2014, 12:43:51 pm by Jenny »
So did the press.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 23, 2014, 12:46:54 pm by Filo »
Uttley reckons millions have gone in the bank from LT&JR,the "fundraiser" is for community and youth projects,missed that one the other day i did

You're not the only one, I must have missed it as well and so must have the people who published the mission statement on the crowdfunder website

To enable the club's supporters to obtain direct ownership of up to 5% of Doncaster Rovers
To achieve Premier League status as a realistic sporting objective by careful promotion, support, finance and investment via its holding company
To prioritise capital spend so that DRFC can build a high quality playing squad
To protect the club against financial failure in the future by excellent financial management
To expand the Doncaster Rovers supporter base in the UK and international markets
To invest capital wisely so that Doncaster Rovers continues for future generations to enjoy
To embrace and support youth development and sports activities generally
To support charitable and schools initiatives locally, nationally and internationally
Grow the Doncaster Rovers brand within a global market.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 23, 2014, 12:53:05 pm by Jenny »
It does specify communities and youth projects but doesn't exactly prioritise them.

Obviously it would be a very welcome move.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 23, 2014, 12:56:08 pm by Yargo »

Steve Uttley
1 hr ·
Come on lets support this. Its not about raising money to run the team as the two of them are putting millions in for that but about raising money for community and youth projects. Lets be part of it and share in the success that will surely come. This is a first for any club.
http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/trust

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 23, 2014, 12:59:08 pm by Filo »

Steve Uttley
1 hr ·
Come on lets support this. Its not about raising money to run the team as the two of them are putting millions in for that but about raising money for community and youth projects. Lets be part of it and share in the success that will surely come. This is a first for any club.

Personally I'd like to hear it from the organ grinder, not his monkey

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 23, 2014, 12:59:35 pm by DRNaith »
Is this using Steve Uttley as a voice rather than an official voice so that anything that falls short can not be claimed on?

I haven't seen anything anywhere else so say that it's "not about raising money to run the team".

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 23, 2014, 01:11:53 pm by Tokyos Boot »

It wasn't formed for plenty of things that it tries its hand at too, such as raising money for charity or the fan engagement schemes. Not knocking them, but surely encouraging money in to the club is a good thing is it not?

It feels like you're being contrary and obtuse for the sake of it sometimes.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 23, 2014, 01:17:44 pm by Filo »

It wasn't formed for plenty of things that it tries its hand at too, such as raising money for charity or the fan engagement schemes. Not knocking them, but surely encouraging money in to the club is a good thing is it not?

It feels like you're being contrary and obtuse for the sake of it sometimes.

Irony is not your strong point is it?

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 23, 2014, 01:20:34 pm by Tokyos Boot »
Aye and administration isn't yours.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 23, 2014, 01:24:28 pm by Filo »
Aye and administration isn't yours.

Time for you to get some new material kid ;)

P.S. Moderation, not administration, there is a difference!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 23, 2014, 01:28:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think TB should remember that the majority of VSC money goes to the club, so I'm not sure why we'd want to stop it given we've done it.

For example last season we bought tickets to distribute to charities, that we paid in full for.  We sponsored players and sponsored the majority of the youth teams.  So I'm not exactly sure why you'd suggest the VSC want to fail!  Equally given I'm a season ticket holder and have been for 11 years now I'm not sure why I'd want to see my club struggle, I want us to win every week you know!

Equally the owners need to clarify the funding position and keep it transparent.  The reason for that is just to stop speculation about what things are actually set out to do and give some confidence to fans (and also actually investors) for the future.  Strategically there is clear benefits in being transparent and setting out how any projects etc will be funded.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 23, 2014, 01:37:37 pm by Filo »
I think TB should remember that the majority of VSC money goes to the club, so I'm not sure why we'd want to stop it given we've done it.

For example last season we bought tickets to distribute to charities, that we paid in full for.  We sponsored players and sponsored the majority of the youth teams.  So I'm not exactly sure why you'd suggest the VSC want to fail!  Equally given I'm a season ticket holder and have been for 11 years now I'm not sure why I'd want to see my club struggle, I want us to win every week you know!

Equally the owners need to clarify the funding position and keep it transparent.  The reason for that is just to stop speculation about what things are actually set out to do and give some confidence to fans (and also actually investors) for the future.  Strategically there is clear benefits in being transparent and setting out how any projects etc will be funded.

Tokyo's Boot does n't come on here to read cold hard facts, you should know that by now, he comes to belittle everything and everyone that is the VSC in order to drum up support for his new little clique of like minded people, now he has a forum of his own to indulge in there's no other need to post on here anymore.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 23, 2014, 01:40:42 pm by Yargo »
The L J Monk

View Profile

Re: Crowd funded football club?
« Reply #7 on: Today at 11:55:15 AM »
 Therefore, anyone who thinks this pledge business is a proxy for our transfer budget must be barking up the wrong tree.

N.B. Yargo - more than happy for you to copy and paste this over pal. #fansunited

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 23, 2014, 02:03:08 pm by IDM »
Had a look at the trust website, and saw this as an example:

PLEDGE £5 OR MORE
18 backers so far
EXCLUSIVE JOHN RYAN THANK YOU VIDEO direct to your inbox which you can share on your social media pages. Tell the world you've got behind his project!

Now I may have interpreted this wrong, but once someone posts his/her "exclusive" video on FB or elsewhere, then their "friends" also share that exclusivity?  Sorry for being a little skeptical here - I am all for fundraising to benefit the club and our community...

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 23, 2014, 03:43:32 pm by Tokyos Boot »

Tokyo's Boot does n't come on here to read cold hard facts, you should know that by now, he comes to belittle everything and everyone that is the VSC in order to drum up support for his new little clique of like minded people, now he has a forum of his own to indulge in there's no other need to post on here anymore.

Irony isn't your strong point is it Filo?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 23, 2014, 03:51:03 pm by River Don »

Steve Uttley
1 hr ·

I'd be more inclined to support this if there was more there for the Rovers fan who isn't interested in 1 Direction. Louis Tomlinson No 28. Wristbands, T-shirts and sweatshirts, etc aren't really for me.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on June 23, 2014, 03:58:53 pm by Alickismyhero »
Filo,

TB is a waffler, a ducker and a diver but at least he takes part in debate which is a damn sight more than Wred who attempts to be provocative, finds it a bit difficult to answer a question, and disappears from the topic.

As far as I am aware neither pay anything towards the fee speech on the VSC forum!

Hypocrites as far as I am concerned, I bet they have't even got  Tommo's tee shirt/wrist band!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 23, 2014, 03:59:41 pm by Filo »

Irony isn't your strong point is it Filo?

If I went on your forum and waged a disruptive campaign against it you perhaps try to use that statement. It says alot about the people that run this forum that your disruptive campaign has been allowed to go on unhindered, despite you and your mates protestations of censorship

TinyPortal © 2005-2012