Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 03:18:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Announcement postponed  (Read 12542 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Announcement postponed
« on June 10, 2014, 03:57:05 pm by RedJ »
According to Andy Giddings anyway.

"I understand that there are still minor issues regarding image rights and Louis Tomlinson. But parties remain "positive" deal can be done."

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Announcement postponed
« Reply #1 on June 10, 2014, 04:03:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Anybody know of a treatment for premature congratulation?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 10, 2014, 04:05:16 pm by GazLaz »
Ask Pele.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 10, 2014, 04:10:01 pm by godlike1 »
If this true it's becoming yet another pre-season ruined. Thanks a bunch to all involved I can see no where in this shambles that anyone is in slightest bit interested in the best for rovers or the fans

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 10, 2014, 04:11:01 pm by drfc-steve »
Just reject it already!

It's clear as day what is happening... The plan is to market the f*ck out of Louis Tomlinson's 'image'! If it wasn't, the image rights issue would have been sorted by now!

Do we really want to be a part of whoring ourselves out to some boy band member? F*ck that for a game of scrabble!!

WE ARE A FOOTBALL CLUB - Remember that people!

Tomlinson OUT!
John Ryan, Terry Bramall & Dick Watson IN!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 10, 2014, 04:12:17 pm by since-1969 »
Now who's been chicken counting again . TB and DW will be pissing them selfs with laughter .

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 10, 2014, 04:17:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
Are you sure that TB And DW and DB still want to run the club. My opinion only. I am not sure they still want to be here, DW health and TB may have had enough, just a thought. Let's wait and see.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 10, 2014, 04:20:03 pm by MrWoodySir »
Are you sure that TB And DW and DB still want to run the club. My opinion only. I am not sure they still want to be here, DW health and TB may have had enough, just a thought. Let's wait and see.
I'm certain they don't, which is worrying if Louis and JR don't buy us.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 10, 2014, 04:21:01 pm by Copps is Magic »
There is an important distinction that needs to be made here (or at least someone at the club needs to reassure us on).

a) Ownership of the club

b) The short-term expenditure/revenue of the club - i.e. is money in the current account ready for Dickov to spend.

B needs to be put in place regardless of what happens and discussed as part of the deal leading to A. Which may be delayed even further.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 10, 2014, 04:25:39 pm by CraigyBoy »
Just reject it already!

It's clear as day what is happening... The plan is to market the f*ck out of Louis Tomlinson's 'image'! If it wasn't, the image rights issue would have been sorted by now!

Do we really want to be a part of whoring ourselves out to some boy band member? F*ck that for a game of scrabble!!

WE ARE A FOOTBALL CLUB - Remember that people!

Tomlinson OUT!
John Ryan, Terry Bramall & Dick Watson IN!

I support your right to an opinion, but have you really thought this through?

On one hand we have the multi-millionaire Rovers fan, and on the other we have a multi-millionaire property investor. Both have more cash than all of the VSC members put together x100 and both are apparently willing to put money in. Now, if you want bums on seats, a higher gate, more revenue, do you have a man who's apparently gone prematurely maroon, or do you have a boy band member who only has to click his fingers (as long as those fingers aren't holding a spliff) and the KM will be full of paying punters.

It's a no-brainer. And for those who think we are better off with the richer man, well, yes he's certainly paid his dues, but I think Louis could afford the same cash easily.

I met Bill Ives the other week, he's not interested in buying Rovers, and he's got no hair, but he said it's not the amount of cash you spend, it's what that cash does and what you can add to it as a person. Louis=increased revenue. Bramhall=?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 10, 2014, 04:27:05 pm by wing commander »
    Oh for Gods sake....Surely not because everybody with supposed inside info was spouting it had been sorted Friday just not in time for the press conference...Louis jets off on the next part of his world tour end of the week doesn't he....
    Soon it wont matter who owns us because there will be jack worth signing by the time it happens...nothing the club can do its up to Louis to sort his own management company out...I wonder who is in charge of who there..!!

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 10, 2014, 04:32:43 pm by drfc-steve »
I'd rather go into liquidation than ever support a football club that's selling itself out as much as we will be with this takeover. Sorry but that's my opinion and it's my right.

I feel strongly about what the meaning of a football club means to me, and what I am willing to accept or not accept.

When/if this deal does go through (please god don't), I will be taking an interesting look at peoples opinions one year down the line.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 10, 2014, 04:42:03 pm by weststander »

"I understand that there are still minor issues regarding image rights and Louis Tomlinson. But parties remain "positive" deal can be done."

RedJ.
Sorry to be pedantic but Andy Giddings is not saying the announcement is postponed. It may be these minor issues are resolved in the next 24 hours. Lets wait and see

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 10, 2014, 04:45:51 pm by DonnyNoel »
I'd rather go into liquidation than ever support a football club that's selling itself out as much as we will be with this takeover. Sorry but that's my opinion and it's my right.

I feel strongly about what the meaning of a football club means to me, and what I am willing to accept or not accept.

When/if this deal does go through (please god don't), I will be taking an interesting look at peoples opinions one year down the line.

How are we selling ourselves out? Will we be changing our name a la Hull? Or shirt colours like Cardiff? Or to a foreign oligarch for us to be his play thing?

I'm fairly on the fence with most of this till we get the full facts but fail to see your point. JR bought the club years ago and was lauded as a local boy done good and willing to plough some of his cash back into the club. How is what LT is doing now any different?

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 10, 2014, 04:47:46 pm by Leebtyler »
not been confirmed as yet, calm down as they say in Liverpool  :suicide:

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 10, 2014, 04:48:11 pm by BigColSutherland »

RedJ.
Sorry to be pedantic but Andy Giddings is not saying the announcement is postponed. It may be these minor issues are resolved in the next 24 hours. Lets wait and see

That's exactly what Giddings is saying..."BBC RS understands that tomorrow's planned #drfc press conference re the takeover has been postponed."

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 10, 2014, 04:48:52 pm by Wild Rover »

RedJ.

This suggests differently:-

Andy Giddings ‏@Gids1980  ยท 1h 
BBC RS understands that tomorrow's planned #drfc press conference re the takeover has been postponed. (1/2) @footballheaven

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 10, 2014, 04:49:43 pm by Wellred »

That has to be the most pathetic post in all this drama (or non drama)

What kind of football supporter would be happy to see his own club go into liquidation?

:facepalm: :facepalm:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 10, 2014, 04:52:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Wellred.

Hypothetical question.
Would you be happy to see your club taken over by someone who had made millions from, say child slavery?

It's an extreme example, but everyone (I hope) has limits. It's not for us to tell other people what theirs should be.

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 10, 2014, 04:54:34 pm by drfc-steve »
Like is said... We'll see people's thoughts 1 year down the line :) possibly even sooner.

It's no wonder fans get mugged off so easily, because they just accept anything and everything out of blind "loyalty".

Football fans truly are pathetic.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 10, 2014, 04:56:22 pm by DonnyNoel »
Like is said... We'll see people's thoughts 1 year down the line :) possibly even sooner.

It's no wonder fans get mugged off so easily, because they just accept anything and everything out of blind "loyalty".

If things were accepted out of blind loyalty then surely everyone would have been behind the original SC deal as JR was in favour of it?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 10, 2014, 04:57:55 pm by Copps is Magic »
As I've posted before the scrutiny always has to be on the people wanting to buy the club. If we're all now waiting on the question of who or who does not own LT's face then it is him who needs to provide the answers. He also needs to tell us why hes investing the club and his plans for the future.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 10, 2014, 05:01:25 pm by Wellred »
Wellred.

Hypothetical question.
Would you be happy to see your club taken over by someone who had made millions from, say child slavery?

It's an extreme example, but everyone (I hope) has limits. It's not for us to tell other people what theirs should be.

Hypothetical answer.

I will be delighted when it is announced that the backer behind JR and LT is Lakshmi Mittal

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 10, 2014, 05:03:53 pm by Wild Rover »
As I've posted before the scrutiny always has to be on the people wanting to buy the club. If we're all now waiting on the question of who or who does not own LT's face then it is him who needs to provide the answers. He also needs to tell us why hes investing the club and his plans for the future.

LT does not have to explain anything,( He may well do so, but its not a requirement ) in the same way as TB/DW didn't. They were introduced as a "Faite Accomply", that's what LT /JR/and whoever else is involved are , should the TO go through.

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 10, 2014, 05:05:26 pm by drfc-steve »

If things were accepted out of blind loyalty then surely everyone would have been behind the original SC deal as JR was in favour of it?

But those same people who were against SC would still accept it if it had have gone through, that's blind loyalty...Football fans show their disappointment/anger at something by having a little moan, and then ultimately continue as they were. Paying and investing time in something they don't like or agree with... That's blind loyalty.

Im not someone who agrees with that. I despise those fans who think they have to carry on investing their hard earned money and time no matter what, just because it's their football club. They are the reason why it's not actually "their" football club, like they think.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 10, 2014, 05:07:08 pm by Copps is Magic »

LT does not have to explain anything,( He may well do so, but its not a requirement ) in the same way as TB/DW didn't. They were introduced as a "Faite Accomply", that's what LT /JR/and whoever else is involved are , should the TO go through.

Err, I might be wrong here because I didn't go to them but weren't TB and DW present at quite a few 'meet the owners' and other such nights to answer questions both pre- and post- John Ryan?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 10, 2014, 05:09:34 pm by Wild Rover »

Err, I might be wrong here because I didn't go to them but weren't TB and DW present at quite a few 'meet the owners' and other such nights to answer questions both pre- and post- John Ryan?
[/quote

Im talking about when they "Came on Board".

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 10, 2014, 05:10:02 pm by Dagenham Rover »

TBH Copps he doesn't have to tell us anything

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 10, 2014, 05:12:31 pm by drfc-steve »
He can probably only speak when his owners tell him he can.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 10, 2014, 05:13:26 pm by Copps is Magic »
It would be nice to hear though. I'm particularly interested to know what his plans are for the concourses and beer prices.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012