Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:41:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Announcement postponed  (Read 12512 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Announcement postponed
« Reply #60 on June 11, 2014, 12:54:37 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I'm not tied to any of the camps,there are pluses and minuses to both,all i want is a quick resolution,yes or no,we can't afford this to drag on for months
I couldn't give a monkeys about image rights,all i want to see is a decent competitive team on the park,and the signings sorted out nice and early,to give us a chance of promotion.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 11, 2014, 09:02:22 am by DonnyNoel »
Like is said... We'll see people's thoughts 1 year down the line :) possibly even sooner.

It's no wonder fans get mugged off so easily, because they just accept anything and everything out of blind "loyalty".

Football fans truly are pathetic.

If things were accepted out of blind loyalty then surely everyone would have been behind the original SC deal as JR was in favour of it?

But those same people who were against SC would still accept it if it had have gone through, that's blind loyalty...Football fans show their disappointment/anger at something by having a little moan, and then ultimately continue as they were. Paying and investing time in something they don't like or agree with... That's blind loyalty.

Im not someone who agrees with that. I despise those fans who think they have to carry on investing their hard earned money and time no matter what, just because it's their football club. They are the reason why it's not actually "their" football club, like they think.

Again - I point you to the example of Hull City and Cardiff to show thats just not the case. I'd also suggest attendances falling to sub-1,000 and people carrying a coffin to BV indicates Rovers fans don't just blindly accept things either.

(Not that I am in any way comparing any TO to that situation, just using the example)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 11, 2014, 04:56:17 pm by PDX_Rover »
So... Friday the 13th it is then. The irony.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on June 13, 2014, 04:14:04 pm by PDX_Rover »
Bueller? Bueller? Anybody?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on June 13, 2014, 05:25:04 pm by The Red Baron »
I'm hearing Monday now, although it will probably be postponed again.

I think they won't call a press conference this time until the ink is dried on the contracts.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on June 13, 2014, 05:34:36 pm by since-1969 »
You think :-)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 13, 2014, 05:35:59 pm by BigColSutherland »
Deadline moved to Monday is what I'd heard as well. Although I don't think deadlines are quite what they used to be.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 13, 2014, 06:09:50 pm by roversdude »
Yeah ...you cross this line you die
You cross this line you die

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 13, 2014, 06:11:31 pm by roversdude »
Sorry

Robin Williams - Colonel Gaddafi - YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_wWCP2HJWs

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 13, 2014, 06:11:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, I'm glad it wasn't to be done on Friday 13th. Just bad karma.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on June 13, 2014, 06:12:14 pm by PDX_Rover »
Is that this Monday?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on June 13, 2014, 06:53:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Where's Sad when we need him? Has his source gone quiet?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on June 13, 2014, 07:07:05 pm by PDX_Rover »
I was getting all excited and it's been postponed/cancelled/whatever three times now.... Seems a bit ridiculous to me.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 13, 2014, 07:16:59 pm by The Red Baron »
I was getting all excited and it's been postponed/cancelled/whatever three times now.... Seems a bit ridiculous to me.

It does to me, but I think it will happen. I don't really understand what the problem can be at LT's end. Maybe the plan is to use him to "sell" the club to the locals.

My big concern is that other clubs are starting to sign players and we need to be doing likewise. If it isn't sorted next week then it is going to start hurting our chances of doing anything this coming season.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on June 13, 2014, 07:36:58 pm by PDX_Rover »
I doubt that us talking to players is on hold, really. But it would be best to get this sorted ASAP. Seems daft to have taken 10 days now to sort out an issue over 'image rights.'

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 13, 2014, 07:40:44 pm by wesisback »
He still reads I belive but has got bored of the one sided deletion of posts by non moderators. 

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on June 13, 2014, 07:43:07 pm by The Red Baron »
I doubt that us talking to players is on hold, really. But it would be best to get this sorted ASAP. Seems daft to have taken 10 days now to sort out an issue over 'image rights.'

Nothing moves quickly once lawyers get involved! I'm sure we are talking to players, but "talking to" is one thing- signing them is another.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on June 13, 2014, 08:02:12 pm by Filo »
He still reads I belive but has got bored of the one sided deletion of posts by non moderators. 

Moderators and admin have had posts removed, including me, so your claim that the moderation is a myth!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on June 13, 2014, 08:10:38 pm by PDX_Rover »
I feel sad that sad got bored. I see he's very active picking away in other sections of the site though. Seems a bit odd that after the crowing of the last two weeks, the silence now is almost deafening...

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on June 13, 2014, 09:06:26 pm by wesisback »
Where would that be then PDX. You'd do well to remember the old saying - he who laughs last laughs loudest.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on June 13, 2014, 09:24:28 pm by since-1969 »
Longest !

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 13, 2014, 09:58:38 pm by wesisback »
That as well!  :whistle:

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on June 13, 2014, 10:06:02 pm by PDX_Rover »
Who's laughing? Legitimate questions to be fair. Anyway, Sad just reached out via PM and let me know of his decision not to post on here anymore.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on June 13, 2014, 11:26:17 pm by bpoolrover »
I think it's a shame he was a good poster

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 13, 2014, 11:27:31 pm by godlike1 »
No offence lads but can we just put the whole take over talk to bed until it actually does happen.

I honestly think that if it does get done on Monday but it happens in such a way that we go

Wow we never new that would happen it was planned for Wednesday

Then i think we'd be do much happier that there were no more false dawns and that it had finally been done

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #85 on June 14, 2014, 12:19:49 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think most of us want it to go through. The thought of it not just puts us in a state of flux. If it doesn't JR will lose more credibility with 2 takeover attempts. The alternative is a safe approach IF TB and DW are generous enough to pick up the slack. But they could turn round and say to JR, your mess, you sort it out.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on June 14, 2014, 12:28:52 am by since-1969 »
Prolonged delay means everyone suffers as well as the prospects of getting any perpetration right for next season. It could only happen at Donny:-)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on June 14, 2014, 01:01:55 am by hoolahoop »
I think most of us want it to go through. The thought of it not just puts us in a state of flux. If it doesn't JR will lose more credibility with 2 takeover attempts. The alternative is a safe approach IF TB and DW are generous enough to pick up the slack. But they could turn round and say to JR, your mess, you sort it out.

DBR, all the polls would suggest otherwise. For the record this is the craziest idea I have ever heard !
Replacing perhaps the strongest financial back-up , the best organisational capabilities and levels of fan engagement for the "past" with a lot less money and security ,.........does not inspire me.
I like what I hear about LT and 1D but can someone remind me what the average lifespan of a boy band is please ? 
I await the usual slagging off for my opinion.. .... :chair:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 14, 2014, 02:17:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »
They have lost the pen again A Tell Thee :coat:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on June 14, 2014, 03:00:04 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
DBR, all the polls would suggest otherwise. For the record this is the craziest idea I have ever heard !
Replacing perhaps the strongest financial back-up , the best organisational capabilities and levels of fan engagement for the "past" with a lot less money and security ,.........does not inspire me.
I like what I hear about LT and 1D but can someone remind me what the average lifespan of a boy band is please ? 

I think we're both from the same camp Hoola. I believe the majority of Rovers fans are concerned about the genuine nature and strength of JR's latest bid. However, I have no reason to believe LT's motives are anything but honourable and if a local lad wants to fund the club then great.

Now, after TB, DW etc have been pilloried, who can blame them for saying OK, it's yours, over to you. If JR and co f*ck up with this latest bid, where does that leave us?

I want JR to have the opportunity to show he was right all along and he can take us further than we've been before. For 3 years now, he's not been the main man but thinks DRFC is nothing without him.  Over to you John.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012