Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 07:17:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Players on holiday  (Read 4593 times)

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
Players on holiday
« on June 10, 2014, 05:46:38 pm by swain_drfc »
So with all the players on holiday at the minute I wondered if any one else has spotted any of our players sunning it up somewhere nice.

I say this because during the summer I work for first choice as a swimming teacher and im based in the new holiday village in ibiza. The exact place where our own Harry Forrester is currently choosing to relax on a short break. Informs me he will be fit for next season which is good news :)

Also is anyone else coming to the first choice holiday village in ibiza this year. Theres been one rovers top spotted so far :) be good to see a few more before the end of season. Especially with my best mate out here being a coventry fan!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Players on holiday
« Reply #1 on June 10, 2014, 05:50:25 pm by GazLaz »
I saw Martin Woods in Dubai last year. Gary O'Neil, Jay Bothroyd, Welbeck and Crouchy were in the same hotel as well.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 10, 2014, 06:09:36 pm by streatham dave »
I saw JJ Price in Ibiza two years ago. Cyprus for me this year.

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 10, 2014, 06:11:06 pm by drfc-steve »
I saw JJ Price in Ibiza two years ago. Cyprus for me this year.

Bloody hell what did he do to you like?!  :ohmy:

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 10, 2014, 06:13:00 pm by adamtherover »
So with all the players on holiday at the minute I wondered if any one else has spotted any of our players sunning it up somewhere nice.

I say this because during the summer I work for first choice as a swimming teacher and im based in the new holiday village in ibiza. The exact place where our own Harry Forrester is currently choosing to relax on a short break. Informs me he will be fit for next season which is good news :)

Also is anyone else coming to the first choice holiday village in ibiza this year. Theres been one rovers top spotted so far :) be good to see a few more before the end of season. Especially with my best mate out here being a coventry fan!!!

Is the hotel any good, we stopped in the HV at Rhodes last yr and it was supurb. Been looking for somewhere decent this yt?..  cheers..

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 10, 2014, 08:09:12 pm by afro goal machine »
I saw Martin Woods in Dubai last year. Gary O'Neil, Jay Bothroyd, Welbeck and Crouchy were in the same hotel as well.

i was on the same plane home as crouchy from Dubai. Was talking to him at baggage collection and got a picture, nice bloke

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 10, 2014, 09:36:31 pm by Filo »

i was on the same plane home as crouchy from Dubai. Was talking to him at baggage collection and got a picture, nice bloke

What was the picture of? :)

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 10, 2014, 11:35:15 pm by afro goal machine »
I saw Martin Woods in Dubai last year. Gary O'Neil, Jay  ;), Welbeck and Crouchy were in the same hotel as well.

What was the picture of? :)

the baggage carousel, what else ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 11, 2014, 12:11:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I was once on a Ryanair flight to Brescia with the entire Dundee FC squad, on their way to some pre-season friendlies in Italy, orgainised by their manager whose name I forget, but he was that Italian player who had a plate of chicken sarnies thrown at him by Brian Laws at Grimsby.

Nothing of any note happened on the flight.

And yes, I KNOW it's not a very interesting story. Well f**k off and write your own then, instead of laughing at me behind my back, you bunch of Kitsons.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 11, 2014, 12:14:48 am by Filo »
I was once on a Ryanair flight to Brescia with the entire Dundee FC squad, on their way to some pre-season friendlies in Italy, orgainised by their manager whose name I forget, but he was that Italian player who had a plate of chicken sarnies thrown at him by Brian Laws at Grimsby.

Nothing of any note happened on the flight.

And yes, I KNOW it's not a very interesting story. Well f**k off and write your own then, instead of laughing at me behind my back, you bunch of Kitsons.

Ivan Bonnetti

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 11, 2014, 12:51:24 am by BillyStubbsTears »
No. Ivan Aplateofchickensarniesinmemush

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 11, 2014, 06:54:15 am by raggytash »
Once had 'cat' from eastenders sat in front of us coming home from Majorca, my mate whined meeeeeooow through the gap in the seat.... She promptly asked if there was any spare seats lmao

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 11, 2014, 08:22:31 am by Bentley Bullet »
I bumped into Christiano Ronaldo in the bar at Butlins in Skegness........he rolled on the floor clutching his leg.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 11, 2014, 08:51:51 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I once had Lionel Messi come through at my work. 100 percent true.  He's not very tall.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 11, 2014, 10:49:59 am by bigbadjack »
I had a beer with mani from the stone roses at Bangkok airport

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 11, 2014, 12:19:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I once bumped into the Manic Street Preachers on Oxford Street in London. Literally bumped into them. I stumbled out of a boozer 3/4s cut and fell into them as they were walking down the pavement with a camera crew interviewing them.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 11, 2014, 12:29:31 pm by RobTheRover »
I had a night out in Gran Canaria with Steve Staunton.  Euro 92 was on.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 11, 2014, 01:12:03 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I saw Neil Sullivan at Centre Parcs when he was playing for us. think he let a howler in on the Saturday before so we had some banter about that really decent bloke

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 11, 2014, 03:21:22 pm by Mike_F »
John Barnes patted me on the arse in Coventry once.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 11, 2014, 03:28:46 pm by BigColSutherland »

Not another one for Operation Yewtree surely?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 11, 2014, 03:47:24 pm by Mike_F »
Ha ha... It was only 4 years ago!

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 11, 2014, 04:01:00 pm by streatham dave »
You've got to hold and give
But do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast
But you must get to the line

They'll always hit you and hurt you
Defend and attack
There's only one way to beat them
Get round the back.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 11, 2014, 04:06:04 pm by BigColSutherland »
You just wait. Twenty years from now he'll be denying he's even heard of Coventry, never mind been there.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 11, 2014, 04:15:15 pm by Al4475 »
Spent a couple of weeks hanging out with dave mulligan and the new zealand national squad in adelaide in 2004 - great laugh mulli! Top bloke!

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 11, 2014, 04:24:46 pm by German Rover »
I tried to bag off with two Dallas cowboys cheerleaders while working with the US army. Might of stood a chance if every English bloke in there wasn't trying the same.  The Americans seemed scared of them. Girls!!

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 11, 2014, 06:53:43 pm by swain_drfc »

Is the hotel any good, we stopped in the HV at Rhodes last yr and it was supurb. Been looking for somewhere decent this yt?..  cheers..

Hotel is lovely!! All based around one pool! Definitely not as big as the rhodes holiday village but has all the extras you get with booking a holiday village (kids club, swim/footy academy,  daytime entertainment) plus a lot to do out of the hotel as well if you are not one for sitting around the pool all holiday :)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 11, 2014, 07:25:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I saw  Michael McIndoe in a pub in Benidorm, wearing a burka. Well I think it was him.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 11, 2014, 09:50:35 pm by Capmeister »
Jimmy Floyd-Wasselcup on the Leeds to Schipol flight. Iron Maiden cruising the windows in Amsterdam on the same trip. Ricky Hatton at the check in at Manchester. Tyrone off Corrie in Ibiza and my personal favourite, a double coup Alan Durban and Brian Little on a flight to Majorca in the late seventies!!!!!!

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 11, 2014, 10:18:23 pm by Draytonian III »
Dean Sheilds sat across the aisle from me on the way back from Belfast to Robin Hood,that's when Flybe still did that route

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 11, 2014, 11:08:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Wasn't that a line from 'Ullo John, Got a New Motor?

"He felt my arse in Coventry.
He felt my arse in Coventry."

Actually, in the week of the passing of Rik, it's worth reflecting on how f**king mad that whole comedy scene felt at the time. Imagine this coming out when the charts were full of Bucks Fizz and Joe-f**king-Dolce. Not to mention that trollop from Rotherham in Rene and Renato.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhHJ4zEKDZY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhHJ4zEKDZY</a>

TinyPortal © 2005-2012