Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 08:28:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If Elton John could help his club why shouldn't Louis Tomlinson?  (Read 4812 times)

SOD

• Forum Member
Watford were in Division 4 when Elton became chairman and within 7 years they finished runners-up to Liverpool in the top division. Louis is also a lifelong supporter so give the lad a chance. Don't be in a hurry to bite the hand that feeds you and STOP THE BICKERING!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:30:35 pm by SOD »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: If Elton John could help his club why shouldn't Louis Tomlinson?
« Reply #1 on June 17, 2014, 06:28:49 pm by RedJ »
But he's a Manchester United fan isn't he?...

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
Firstly - Football has moved on since then.
Secondly - I don't (who does?) have a problem with Louis Tomlinson investing. I have a problem with the business plan. We are a football, a lot of you would do well to remember that.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 17, 2014, 06:31:42 pm by Lipsy »
What's this business plan?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #4 on June 17, 2014, 06:31:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
HOW MANY ARE SAYING THEY DON'T WANT LT INVOLVED!

SOD

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 17, 2014, 06:32:12 pm by SOD »
We don't even know the business plan yet.

Donny_Rover

• Forum Member
I have a problem with the business plan.

When did Louis invite you round for a cup of tea and to look at his business plan?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 17, 2014, 06:32:54 pm by GazLaz »
I can think of about 300 million reasons why.

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
Oh I have a very, very good idea of it. It doesn't take a genius to work it out.

I also trust Newyankee(?) on here too, who has said what part of the plan is.

Donny_Rover

• Forum Member
I don't think you can compare Louis and Elton.

Elton can sing, for a start.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member

When did Louis invite you round for a cup of tea and to look at his business plan?

Was Louis sat at home with a cup of tea writing the business plan?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 17, 2014, 07:06:26 pm by Lipsy »
If he's anything like my daughter, he was probably doing it on PowerPoint. All the kids do their homework on that these days...  :lol:

Donny_Rover

• Forum Member

Was Louis sat at home with a cup of tea writing the business plan?

I don't know, he didn't invite me.  :(

southwestexile

• Forum Member
I don't think you can compare Louis and Elton.

Elton can sing, for a start.

But they are both shite

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 18, 2014, 07:06:01 am by Savvy »
Oh I have a very, very good idea of it. It doesn't take a genius to work it out.

but obviously don't trust JR and LT to do the right thing then?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
add Port Vale major shareholder Robbie Williams to your list of football club owning pop stars.......and ex Brentford director Rick Wakeman for us oldies who prefer proper music.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 18, 2014, 07:29:40 am by hoolahoop »
Sorry this has disaster written all over it IMO. Mark my words and comparing the effect that Elton John / Robbie Williams had on their local teams is ridiculous .
The money those global superstars had/have to put into their respective teams must be far in excess of a member of a boy band.
Let's see the plans for "sustainability" first shall we . Personally I can't quite see how we can market the two together short term never mind long term.
I hope that I have missed something here but I do think the VSC as an organisation now needs to be very vigilant.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 18, 2014, 07:57:49 am by Metalmicky »
Sorry this has disaster written all over it IMO. Mark my words and comparing the effect that Elton John / Robbie Williams had on their local teams is ridiculous .
The money those global superstars had/have to put into their respective teams must be far in excess of a member of a boy band.
Let's see the plans for "sustainability" first shall we . Personally I can't quite see how we can market the two together short term never mind long term.
I hope that I have missed something here but I do think the VSC as an organisation now needs to be very vigilant.

A bit of a contradiction there hoops.......... however, I agree with your second statement.

Also, who said anything about marketing 'the two together?' - I'm assuming you mean LT and Rovers?  :huh:

Loads of sweeping assumptions are being made...................as per usual.   :facepalm:

And as for VSC being vigilant........ for what? and what would the VSC be able to do about it, if there were anything to get 'upset' about?...... A bit like Dad's Army trying to halt the Germans..................... toothless and pointless.

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 18, 2014, 07:59:30 am by drfc-steve »

but obviously don't trust JR and LT to do the right thing then?

Correct.

Don't they me wrong, I trust John Ryan to want success for the club but I know exactly what he is like. He will lap this 1D shit up as he LOVES publicity.

As I have said many times... Louis & JR investing in the club is not a problem to me. The stuff that comes with it and their game plan, is.

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 18, 2014, 08:03:28 am by drfc-steve »
On the VSC, it is now time for them to step up when this takeover is confirmed. They are about the fans, so they need to make sure the fans are put first.

My opinion? They will fail. Why? Because the VSC directors (the main ones) are simply not good enough. They will accept and get behind anything the club feeds them, providing they still have a relations/are "in the loop".

Prove me wrong!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
They will accept and get behind anything the club feeds them, providing they still have a relations/are "in the loop".

Prove me wrong!

You are so wrong it's laughable. We don't need to prove you wrong, and are certainly not responsible to "anonymous" forum users.

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 18, 2014, 09:34:04 am by drfc-steve »
You do need to prove your doubters wrong though. How you going to increase your membership otherwise?  :laugh:

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 18, 2014, 11:21:14 am by since-1969 »
Watford were in Division 4 when Elton became chairman and within 7 years they finished runners-up to Liverpool in the top division. Louis is also a lifelong supporter so give the lad a chance. Don't be in a hurry to bite the hand that feeds you and STOP THE BICKERING!
that was 30 years ago and they still not in the premier league.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 18, 2014, 11:29:27 am by RedJ »
No, but they've been there since...

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 18, 2014, 02:49:32 pm by bobbymax »
On the VSC, it is now time for them to step up when this takeover is confirmed. They are about the fans, so they need to make sure the fans are put first.

My opinion? They will fail. Why? Because the VSC directors (the main ones) are simply not good enough. They will accept and get behind anything the club feeds them, providing they still have a relations/are "in the loop".

Prove me wrong!
There is a democratic process by which you can remove VCS directors if they 'are simply not good enough' - why not stand yourself next time instead of hiding behind your keyboard?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 18, 2014, 03:02:09 pm by wesisback »
Unless it's not in the interest of the trust for them to join and stand or they'd rather co-opt instead.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Unless it's not in the interest of the trust for them to join and stand or they'd rather co-opt instead.

That's complete nonsense. drfc-steve has previously said he wouldn't stand anyway, and the VSC board to-date has never refused membership or voted against a member becoming a director.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 18, 2014, 04:25:48 pm by wesisback »
I wasn't referring to drfc-steve. I was referring to Rob Ghosh.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 18, 2014, 04:26:45 pm by Jenny »
I wasn't referring to drfc-steve. I was referring to Rob Ghosh.

Come on Wes, you know they are both one and the same!

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 18, 2014, 04:28:56 pm by Jenny »

You'd be surprised Hoola.

Whilst LT may not have half a billion quid in the bank now, his balance will onlyy grow and grow. 1D are massive, far bigger than Robbie Williams/Elton John on a worldwide scale and I can't see them disappearing anytime soon.

LT writes their songs/music so will get a reasonable cut. There is no way he'll ever be feeding off scraps.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012