Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 06:04:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This is interesting????  (Read 25605 times)

Muttley

• VSC Member
Re: This is interesting????
« Reply #90 on June 19, 2014, 05:42:02 pm by Muttley »
He's signed the deal off and exchanged contracts. Ryan's said himself they have already pulled millions up.

But yet the deal has not been "completed".

If contracts are signed, then the deal is completed.

So why isn't it?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on June 19, 2014, 05:45:08 pm by Bessie Red »
"The owners of Doncaster Rovers; Terry Bramall, Dick Watson and David Blunt are pleased to announce that contracts have now been exchanged"

Taken from the official club website!!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on June 19, 2014, 05:48:25 pm by GazLaz »
He's signed the deal off and exchanged contracts. Ryan's said himself they have already pulled millions up.

But yet the deal has not been "completed".

If contracts are signed, then the deal is completed.

So why isn't it?

I don't know, how long does it take for a company sale to go through legally? It can't be as soon as the ink dries surely!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on June 19, 2014, 05:50:16 pm by Copps is Magic »
"The owners of Doncaster Rovers; Terry Bramall, Dick Watson and David Blunt are pleased to announce that contracts have now been exchanged"

Taken from the official club website!!

..the next part of that quote is: "with a completion date set for the 18th July 2014". No where does it say signed which is the usual parlance isn't it?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on June 19, 2014, 05:58:32 pm by hoolahoop »
As I said in the other thread, horrific!!

Why should fans have to pay £x to have their opinions heard.

I am all for finding new revenue streams but my god, we've sold out.

EDIT - What an absolute kick in the teeth for fan engagement....

It's a mess Jenny...............I'm not surprised. :(

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on June 19, 2014, 06:07:57 pm by Lipsy »
I'm sure that someone can clarify this for me, but this is doing the rounds at the moment:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on June 19, 2014, 06:09:44 pm by GazLaz »
Crowdfunder is the site they are using, not any of those.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on June 19, 2014, 06:11:31 pm by Muttley »
The website being used is crowdfunder.co.uk - the website states:

Crowdfunder.co.uk is owned by KEO PF.it Limited. Its company number is 07831511

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on June 19, 2014, 06:13:22 pm by Lipsy »
TFFT. I had one of those 'heart-in-mouth' after seeing something on Facebook moments. Which is why I asked on here before I called for the ambulance.  :laugh:

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on June 19, 2014, 06:18:07 pm by not on facebook »
I have no issues tbh ,got yo be better Than the Hedge fund malarky

Beggers Cant be choosers

SOD

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on June 19, 2014, 06:20:59 pm by SOD »
As I said in the other thread, horrific!!

Why should fans have to pay £x to have their opinions heard.

I am all for finding new revenue streams but my god, we've sold out.

EDIT - What an absolute kick in the teeth for fan engagement....

It's a mess Jenny...............I'm not surprised. :(

Most of the people pledging are fans of Louis supporting the idea of him helping his local town. The
money raised is money we as a club would never have seen and I doubt whether they have much interest in having their opinons heard in the running of the club etc. I gather that the money raised is on top of what it has cost them to buy a 90% shareholding.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on June 19, 2014, 06:36:26 pm by PDX_Rover »
Crowdfunding works with River Cottage - that's where one of the celebs mooted came from, likely...

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on June 19, 2014, 06:46:31 pm by wesisback »
I suggest you recheck that post then your sense of humour. Obviously didn't cross the ocean with you.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on June 19, 2014, 06:55:09 pm by wilts rover »
RE: That news article. It wouldn't be the first time that a newspaper had got its 'facts' wrong...

It certainly wouldn't be the first time the Western Daily Press has got it's facts wrong!! They did an article with me and spelt my name wrong twice. And I had written it for them.

The article is not in today's version of the paper btw.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on June 19, 2014, 07:04:52 pm by Lipsy »
I think we all know the standard of local journalism - wherever we may reside. Hence my point.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on June 19, 2014, 07:22:10 pm by PDX_Rover »
I suggest you recheck that post then your sense of humour. Obviously didn't cross the ocean with you.
Crowdfunding works with River Cottage - that's where one of the celebs mooted came from, likely...

What post is that then young Wesley?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on June 19, 2014, 07:23:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Very clever.Give them some credit for the creativity behind the concept. certainly does raise some questions, particularly to the 'what then?' question, once the initial target is reached.

We all might have our opinions on whether it will be reached but you can bet your bottom dollar, if there were a shortfall it will be made up from somewhere. After that, who knows where the funding will come from. I have no doubt LT will be able to justify his 50% partnership. The other 50% brings more questions.

Another question I ask myself, and I may be off the mark, but what would HMRC make of this scheme? Be hard pressed to describe it as a charitable fund?? I dunno.

I think we've just got to see how things develop. I'm all for exploring new income streams as long as we're not breaking any laws or exploiting our fans. 1D fans, on the other hand? If they wanna give, who are we to moralise over it.

It may be 'out of the box' thinking and out of kilter with the norm but I'm not pissing on it, until I or you, or someone spots a flaw in the grand plan. I'm intrigued by the Crowdfunding organisation. I think some further work is required to eliminate my hunch.

Wild Rover. You know where I'm coming from? Wanna save me some time Ha ha.   

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on June 19, 2014, 07:30:58 pm by GazLaz »
According to the FP shares have been bought and DW and TB's loans paid.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on June 19, 2014, 07:47:45 pm by DearneValleyRover »
It is a novel idea you can't knock but funding River Cottage which also has  a TV contract and book deal doesn't cost the same to fund as a football club, I highly doubt Hugh's gardeners are on 5k a week.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on June 19, 2014, 07:50:05 pm by Jenny »
According to the FP shares have been bought and DW and TB's loans paid.

My understanding is the Loans haven't been paid they've been written off.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on June 19, 2014, 07:56:01 pm by Bessie Red »
So you agree the shares have been purchased?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on June 19, 2014, 11:28:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sound like there;s and agreement been signed and a completion date set. Have any funds been exchanged?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on June 19, 2014, 11:51:26 pm by River Don »
Well, John is certainly ingenious in marketing the club but I hate to say it looks like were back to another...

Experiment.

Fingers crossed it turns out better this time.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on June 20, 2014, 12:02:42 am by albie »
So to satisfy the owners and directors test, do you need to show you have the wherewithal to fund the likely operational losses, in addition to the purchase price?

Seems like a conditional deal to buy a loss making company is agreed in principle, but with no indication as to how existing contractual obligations and running costs will be met.

Unless of course, unnamed third parties are waiting in the wings, with a financial masterplan up their sleeve.

The £4m or so needed every year, just to stand still, looks a big loss if TB and DW are not there to mop it up.

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on June 20, 2014, 12:45:11 am by bfdoncaster west »
can fan buy in

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on June 20, 2014, 07:27:56 am by Wild Rover »
Very clever.Give them some credit for the creativity behind the concept. certainly does raise some questions, particularly to the 'what then?' question, once the initial target is reached.

We all might have our opinions on whether it will be reached but you can bet your bottom dollar, if there were a shortfall it will be made up from somewhere. After that, who knows where the funding will come from. I have no doubt LT will be able to justify his 50% partnership. The other 50% brings more questions.

Another question I ask myself, and I may be off the mark, but what would HMRC make of this scheme? Be hard pressed to describe it as a charitable fund?? I dunno.

I think we've just got to see how things develop. I'm all for exploring new income streams as long as we're not breaking any laws or exploiting our fans. 1D fans, on the other hand? If they wanna give, who are we to moralise over it.

It may be 'out of the box' thinking and out of kilter with the norm but I'm not pissing on it, until I or you, or someone spots a flaw in the grand plan. I'm intrigued by the Crowdfunding organisation. I think some further work is required to eliminate my hunch.

Wild Rover. You know where I'm coming from? Wanna save me some time Ha ha.    

I don't know anything about anything anymore.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on June 21, 2014, 12:29:01 am by Bessie Red »
I hope the Crowdfunder idea is being actively marketed to local and regional businesses as the rewards for pledges of £1000 or more would be great for businesses to have a high profile celebrity linked to them!!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on June 21, 2014, 02:28:24 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't know anything about anything anymore.

Me too. I'm waving the white flag!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on June 21, 2014, 06:28:24 am by PDX_Rover »
Do we know that the 500k came from both JR and LT? Maybe that's just JR's money and LT is simply the face of the campaign? I would expect if Simon Cowell is in charge of LT's finances he will have top notch legal counsel and won't want to throw cash around willy nilly...

Just a thought. My take is that TB is giving them until July 18 to raise x amount of funds and meet certain criteria regarding future funding and then the sale will go through or won't.

It will be interesting to see if the additional celeb investors mentioned in the past couple of weeks come on board. I quite fancy some seared steak in a truffle oil and mushroom reduction, served on organic ciabatta on the concourse.

OurAlfsLad

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on June 21, 2014, 07:07:33 am by OurAlfsLad »
Yes, but how many chips will you get?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012