Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 03:43:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This is interesting????  (Read 25674 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: This is interesting????
« Reply #150 on June 26, 2014, 05:28:55 pm by Nudga »
Immoral that we're taking money off impressionable young girls on the other side of the world who have mental health problems?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on June 26, 2014, 05:35:00 pm by GazLaz »
Immoral that we're taking money off impressionable young girls on the other side of the world who have mental health problems?

What she is set to receive might make her feel better!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on June 26, 2014, 05:36:07 pm by Nudga »
A bong with LTs face on it?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on June 26, 2014, 05:38:20 pm by GazLaz »
Ye, the bong with your face on sorted me out when I had my mental issues so I hope it helps her!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on June 26, 2014, 05:45:05 pm by Muttley »
typhoon29 26/Jun/2014
As a member of the Armed Forces i have benefited from the generosity of the Club via free tickets to games from ticketsfortroops & i am pleased i can give something back to say thank you. Good luck John & Louis, loyal fans trying to take our beloved club forward.
From the crowdfunder

Typhoon29 would be making a better contribution if he put his hand in his pocket and bought some match tickets himself so that the money went directly to the club rather than being diluted by the crowdfunder fees & cost of merchandise (& poss VAT)

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on June 26, 2014, 05:53:21 pm by Sad-Rovers »

How do we know that someone going into the club shop to buy a high quality pointing gnome doesn't have mental health issues?

I'll leave that open goal for the masses...

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on June 26, 2014, 06:33:28 pm by the vicar »
We'll sad if anyone buys a gnome they must have mental health problems lol

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on June 26, 2014, 06:45:03 pm by Alickismyhero »
As a family we spend a fortune in that shop and I am sad to say I have a pointing gnome and nobody questioned my mental state on purchase! perhaps there should be a health warning attached.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on June 26, 2014, 06:50:40 pm by Muttley »

How do we know that someone going into the club shop to buy a high quality pointing gnome doesn't have mental health issues?

But somebody walking into the club shop has, I would imagine, already got some sort of affinity for DRFC whereas this scheme is exploiting (or at least, attempting to) the affections of young children who misguidedly believe that pledging their pocket money or parent's wealth actually brings them a little bit closer to their idol and gives them some kudos in the playground that is Twitter and Facebook.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on June 26, 2014, 06:55:09 pm by Wellred »

But somebody walking into the club shop has, I would imagine, already got some sort of affinity for DRFC whereas this scheme is exploiting (or at least, attempting to) the affections of young children who misguidedly believe that pledging their pocket money or parent's wealth actually brings them a little bit closer to their idol and gives them some kudos in the playground that is Twitter and Facebook.

Welcome to the real world Muttley.

Isn't that what the world of show business is all about? Exploiting their fans to make money?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on June 26, 2014, 06:58:06 pm by the vicar »
As a family we spend a fortune in that shop and I am sad to say I have a pointing gnome and nobody questioned my mental state on purchase! perhaps there should be a health warning attached.
i thought they had

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on June 26, 2014, 07:06:39 pm by Alickismyhero »
Perhaps we should have Gerald Ratner on sales in the shop

"You must be mad to buy this junk"

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on June 26, 2014, 07:06:59 pm by The Red Baron »

I bought a gnome too, though not one of the James Harper pointing variety.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on June 26, 2014, 07:13:42 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Then by that token the whole capitalist system is immoral, isn't it?

Our fans have an affinity to DRFC so have been buying the JR and PD thank you vids.

LTs fans have an affinity to our floppy haird leader and have been buying his thank you vid.

Will it work? Hopefully as it's essentially £1.5m worth of nice juicy FFP turnover.

Is it exploitation? No more than anything else in this world.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on June 26, 2014, 07:17:35 pm by The Red Baron »
Just had a look at some of the comments on the crowdfunding website.

This one is rather poignant.
http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/user/littlemixareus/

And this one had me in stitches.
http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/user/lauu.dominico/

As the second one's from Argentina someone should tell him Messi plays for us. He might splash out a bit more.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on June 26, 2014, 08:59:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't know whether to laugh or cry reading some of those.

Look on the bright side. Someone's just pledged £12K for a box. Good job we have 20 portacabins on order!! 

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on June 26, 2014, 09:00:56 pm by Muttley »

Isn't that what the world of show business is all about? Exploiting their fans to make money?

Show business?

And there's me thinking football was a sport.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that this ill-thought out scheme is proving to be a resounding flop so far.

Just goes to show that Louis isn't as popular as he (and JR) thought he was.

Hope they've got a plan B (although I'm dreading finding what it is).

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on June 26, 2014, 10:08:14 pm by vaya »

Show business?

And there's me thinking football was a sport.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that this ill-thought out scheme is proving to be a resounding flop so far.

Just goes to show that Louis isn't as popular as he (and JR) thought he was.

Hope they've got a plan B (although I'm dreading finding what it is).

On current evidence, plan B may actually be Plan B.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on June 26, 2014, 10:48:43 pm by River Don »
To me the scheme isn't a bad idea but it looks hurried and not put into practice as well as it might have been.

For instance, if you're willing to bid £50 for a LT No28 sweatshirt, you probably want to see what it looks like. What colour is it? You might want some idea of what it's made of, how heavy is it? Is there a girls version cut to flatter a feminine shape, or is just a standard baggy sweatshirt? They don't have to have the stuff manufactured and ready to ship but it should be designed and put in the shop window.

There is nothing wrong with merchandising Donny Rovers as Louis Tomlinsons favourite football club but the products have got to look attractive and offer some value for money, to really bring the punters in.

I think there are issues with other offers, like offering mascot packages to parents for £200 a pop but not being able to promise the meeting with LT. It's pot luck, you might meet him and have the photo opportunity or he might not even be there.

It all feels rushed and not properly thought out, which is a shame.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:05:27 pm by River Don »

SOD

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on June 26, 2014, 11:18:03 pm by SOD »
Some very big pledges made today. Almost reached £600,000. There has now been 2 £12,000 and 2 £10,000 and 52 £250.00.

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on June 26, 2014, 11:18:46 pm by RobbieDRFC »
I don't know whether to laugh or cry reading some of those.

Look on the bright side. Someone's just pledged £12K for a box. Good job we have 20 portacabins on order!! 

That person is John Ryan!

I think we're well on the way to £2million tho! £97k! That's all these little kitsons are willing to pay for their hero! If their parents arent giving the cash they need to find other avenues, steal sat navs, iPhones and deal drugs. These directioners are not dedicated enough!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on June 26, 2014, 11:51:35 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes. We wondered whether we'd start to see some more hefty pledges as we near the deadline.   

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on June 26, 2014, 11:52:45 pm by GazLaz »
We are nowhere near the deadline.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on June 27, 2014, 12:06:17 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
We are nearer the deadline than when you posted. We're not getting further away are we?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on June 27, 2014, 05:21:02 am by Sad-Rovers »
We're also nearer to the second coming, death and Christmas. What's your point?

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on June 27, 2014, 08:14:34 am by Rios »
We're also nearer to the second coming, death and Christmas. What's your point?

Depending on your theological standpoint two of those don't exist and the third could be a transferance to a different plane of existence.  None of which could be argued are either real or certain... depending on your standpoint of course!

:P

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on June 27, 2014, 08:56:55 am by Bentley Bullet »
Whether you believe in it or not Christmas certainly does exist, and 'Christmas day' is celebrated annually on the 25th of December, by Christians who follow their faith all year round, and by those who just go along with it for the holiday.

A bit like the second coming of our saviour (JR). some will ridicule, but will be there for the good times, brazen as owt, Rovers till they die!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on June 27, 2014, 09:01:25 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Point of fact. We're actually getting further away from Christmas. It was months ago.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on June 27, 2014, 09:07:13 am by the vicar »
Point of fact we are now getting nearer to Christmas as the mid year point has now passed

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on June 27, 2014, 09:13:14 am by wing commander »
     I don't think even Sad believes that the £2 million target will be reached by the deadline without someone stepping in and topping it up....It wouldn't get anywhere near in truth.....I have no doubts the target WILL be reached though...one way or another....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012