Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 03:06:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This is interesting????  (Read 25641 times)

Rios

• VSC Member
Re: This is interesting????
« Reply #180 on June 27, 2014, 09:20:48 am by Rios »
Whether you believe in it or not Christmas certainly does exist, and 'Christmas day' is celebrated annually on the 25th of December, by Christians who follow their faith all year round, and by those who just go along with it for the holiday.

A bit like the second coming of our saviour (JR). some will ridicule, but will be there for the good times, brazen as owt, Rovers till they die!

Was only joking!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on June 27, 2014, 09:35:28 am by Bentley Bullet »
Whether you believe in it or not Christmas certainly does exist, and 'Christmas day' is celebrated annually on the 25th of December, by Christians who follow their faith all year round, and by those who just go along with it for the holiday.

A bit like the second coming of our saviour (JR). some will ridicule, but will be there for the good times, brazen as owt, Rovers till they die!

Was only joking!

Thought you were mate, I was just being ironic!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on June 27, 2014, 09:45:57 am by River Don »
Christmas definitely does exist, it's Santa Claus' birthday and he definitely exists!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on June 27, 2014, 09:59:07 am by Bentley Bullet »
Jesus was born in a stable, as there was no room at the inn because it was Christmas and very busy.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on June 27, 2014, 10:52:02 am by River Don »
Jesus was born in a stable, as there was no room at the inn because it was Christmas and very busy.

I always enjoyed the Peter Kay story that as a child he played the inn keeper in the school nativity. When they asked if there was any room, he said yes and asked them if they'd be wanting a full English.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on June 27, 2014, 11:31:37 am by hoolahoop »

I always enjoyed the Peter Kay story that as a child he played the inn keeper in the school nativity. When they asked if there was any room, he said yes and asked them if they'd be wanting a full English.

:lol:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on June 27, 2014, 02:31:55 pm by Filo »
Well the pot has gone up another £10k since this morning, it looks like the money men a gradually filtering in their donations, rather than in one lump some so as not to make it look so obvious

South West Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on June 27, 2014, 02:38:15 pm by South West Rover »
Make what obvious? That they are investing in the club?  Surely that's the point regardless of which route they take. 

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on June 27, 2014, 02:41:24 pm by Filo »
Make what obvious? That they are investing in the club?  Surely that's the point regardless of which route they take. 

So if that is what is happening why not just put in what they're going to put in and stop playing games?

I've nothing against investment, just the apparent cloak and dagger stuff!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on June 27, 2014, 02:42:38 pm by dknward2 »
Maybe its TB wants a selfie with louis or to be a mascot

South West Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on June 27, 2014, 02:57:22 pm by South West Rover »

So if that is what is happening why not just put in what they're going to put in and stop playing games?

Why is it cloak and dagger?  It's not that apparent to me.  They are perfectly entitled to invest money as they see fit.  It is after all, their money.  Maybe they feel that if they gradually add to the total, people will get caught up in the push to make the final amount and chuck their few quid in.  I have no idea, but I certainly wouldn't jump to the conclusion that there is anything 'cloak and dagger' going on.  Unless of course it suits you to see things that way.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on June 27, 2014, 03:06:27 pm by GazLaz »
If the fund fails people will slate it. If it succeeds people will say it was all a fiddle, it can't win. The TR2 know plenty of people with fortunes, I'm sure they are getting their friends to support it as well.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on June 27, 2014, 03:06:51 pm by Wild Rover »
Why does it have to be JR/LT who are adding to the pot?. Just maybe it is some other folk.

South West Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on June 27, 2014, 03:10:26 pm by South West Rover »
 :that:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on June 27, 2014, 03:13:00 pm by graingrover »
I put in my £50 to support the cause and would be truly astounded if the £2 million mark were not achieved by a topping up by the founders of the trust if needs be.
  By the way there is a waiver clause for those who see this as just another way of helping the club but do not wish to take one of the 'prizes' on offer . RTID.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on June 27, 2014, 03:33:52 pm by Bessie Red »
I said earlier that the idea should be actively marketed to local/regional businesses to see if they want to throw in £10,000/£12,000 for an event with a world wide celebrity to boost their business and also get tax relief. Maybe it has been filtering through to these businesses and that is why the bigger pledges are coming in now!!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on June 27, 2014, 04:02:51 pm by Wellred »

Maybe they are doing it this way so you don't run out of excuses to have yet another moan about the TO.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on June 27, 2014, 04:05:03 pm by Alickismyhero »
Wred,

Why don't you stop moaning about moaning you are getting a little boring!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on June 27, 2014, 04:14:42 pm by Filo »

Maybe they are doing it this way so you don't run out of excuses to have yet another moan about the TO.

Who's moaning?

Sceptical yes

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on June 27, 2014, 04:21:11 pm by Wellred »

Who's moaning?

Sceptical yes

You seem to be having a lot of sceptical comments of late Dave!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on June 27, 2014, 05:40:36 pm by hoolahoop »

Who's moaning?

Sceptical yes

You seem to be having a lot of sceptical comments of late Dave!

That's because this is the biggest load of bollox that anyone in sound mind will have already realised.
You ......well you just try and defend this nonsense. Some on here are just hedging their bets, biding their time until they jump into a yes or no camp on this T/O.

None of this "carry on" is helping to unify the fan base or equally fill all of us with confidence that this T/O was the best way forward for the club.
Already we have seen the communication between the new owners and the fan base limited to just a few 'soundbites'.

Everyone I'm sure would love to fully embrace the concept, new regime and the aims of that regime. At the moment we are back to square one with the supporters fighting once again amongst themselves.
A proper statement of intent from JR/LT addressed to the supporters is required urgently to dispel all the rumours.

Talk to us John Ryan for we are the customers the supporters that you should want to fully embrace and encourage others to follow the team.
You say you have been a 'lifelong' supporter but then there are many that could claim the same........are they to be ignored ?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #201 on June 27, 2014, 05:50:24 pm by GazLaz »
You are getting boring Mr Hoop. We don't need everything the hierarchy are doing spelling out to us. They want the same things as us, trust them to do the right thing, if not buy some shares yourself.

If they start doing things that seem to be damaging we can jump down their throats then.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on June 27, 2014, 08:01:13 pm by bobjimwilly »
You are getting boring Mr Hoop. We don't need everything the hierarchy are doing spelling out to us. They want the same things as us, trust them to do the right thing, if not buy some shares yourself.
Bit harsh? I'm guessing you know the vast majority of us, even the VSC, can't afford to buy any shares in the club, and that's presuming they were for sale!

If they start doing things that seem to be damaging we can jump down their throats then.
Let's hope it doesn't come to that :)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on June 27, 2014, 11:36:37 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I'm actually smiling due to the fact that those who lambasted our previous owners for how they invested their money are openly defending the way our new owners are, good god ever decreasing circles
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:53:08 pm by DearneValleyRover »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on June 27, 2014, 11:49:55 pm by hoolahoop »

Gaz I do have shares not many I grant you but I have shares.
Yes we do need everything or at the very least most of the vision for our community club spelling out to usl. This club means a lot to many in this town in fact contrary to what some might believe it is there to be a legacy for all the youngsters from Doncaster in the future.
The club has seen many a person try to destroy or make a buck or two from it in the past ;  so I make no apology for wanting to see the total vision for the club going into the future.

So far all I have seen is bluff and bluster, many sound bites and little attention to the playing staff required or the finances needed to secure DRFC for future generations.

We should be all pulling in the One Direction.........!

neil grainger

« Reply #205 on June 28, 2014, 12:11:29 am by neil grainger »
Hoolahoop, if I were wearing a hat I would take it off to you.

You vocalise my own thoughts and I can empathise completely with your observations on this latest twist in the fortunes of the club which you clearly love as much as I do.

The jury is still out on this take-over in my opinion, and although I will continue to support the club with unflinching loyalty, I reserve the right to have reservations until the full facts are known.

Unless I missed it (as I have not been on this site for a while) I await a statement from the VSC.

In them I trust.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #206 on June 28, 2014, 12:16:20 am by silent majority »
Neil,

The VSC statement is on the home page.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #207 on June 28, 2014, 12:21:14 am by jonnydog »
I feel the title of this thread can now be classed as 'ironic'!!

neil grainger

« Reply #208 on June 28, 2014, 12:45:24 am by neil grainger »
Neil,

The VSC statement is on the home page.

Thanks SM, I've located and read it.

Should your day job be threatened, your future as a politician is assured.......lol

Power to the people!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #209 on June 28, 2014, 11:13:45 am by The Red Baron »

Gaz I do have shares not many I grant you but I have shares.
Yes we do need everything or at the very least most of the vision for our community club spelling out to usl. This club means a lot to many in this town in fact contrary to what some might believe it is there to be a legacy for all the youngsters from Doncaster in the future.
The club has seen many a person try to destroy or make a buck or two from it in the past ;  so I make no apology for wanting to see the total vision for the club going into the future.

So far all I have seen is bluff and bluster, many sound bites and little attention to the playing staff required or the finances needed to secure DRFC for future generations.

We should be all pulling in the One Direction.........!

There does seem to have been quite a lot of hostility on here towards the takeover, but maybe that is because some of the same posters who were cheerleading for the Sequentia takeover appear to be rather smug about the situation.

As far as I'm concerned the jury is out and will remain out until I see the sort of players we sign. And I don't mean marquee signings- more the sort of players who can do a decent job in League One.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012