Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:32:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: jesus christ  (Read 10506 times)

aidanstu

• Forum Member
Re: jesus christ
« Reply #30 on June 19, 2014, 07:18:04 pm by aidanstu »
I've nothing against new revenue streams and exploiting LT with club 28 sweatshirts etc. what I object to is for £100 you can vote on the kit, have a say on programme design, web site content, priority to big games and events etc.

Why do you object to it? And instead of simply criticising the idea how would you exploit his celebrity?

They are exploiting it with club 28 sweatshirts, wristbands etc etc as far as I am concerned but as I say I object to programme design web content vote on the kit et

BTW its £6000  as £500,000 is JRs and LTs

It's 9000 now and why do you object to the stuff you do?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 19, 2014, 07:21:26 pm by not on facebook »
At least JR and LT are trying something.

The plan is to Get into the prem is it not.

The above time scale to Get into the prem could Well tie in with
The money raised via the one direction Scheme

If we do Get into the prem then bobs yer uncle for a season or two

One thing for sure  DRFC will not Get i to prem without trying whatever
Money making ideas they come up with

It seems some Of you lot are more worried about Been a laughing Stock
In other fans eyes due to the one direction connection ,Ffs Get a grip
As will them fans laugh at DRFC next tine they Get relegated from championship or will it be just Pitty

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 19, 2014, 07:22:03 pm by aidanstu »
Have the critics of this idea even bothered to check what it is about, basically individuals, groups or companies pay varying amounts for various packages which exploit Lt celebrity status as the new owner and the biggest band in the world. What is wrong with that? The same folk would be going nuts if Lt 16million twitter followers were not identified as a potential income stream.

As one of JR's biggest critics this is a master stroke. Some people need to wake up.

But what funds the club when the 1D fans grow up?

The same that's funding it now? It's just a money making idea, I don't understand people's issues with it and your argument doesn't work. Are you against any revenue stream that isn't sustainable?

Whats funding it now?

The same that funds every other league one club. What is your issue with it. Do you begrudge young LT fans the opportunity of meeting an idol whilst helping the club out? Would you be against the squad signing shirts for a rovers auction on the basis they may one day sign for somebody else? How else would you suggest the club exploit Lt celebrity? I'm sure your not daft enough to suggest we shouldn't.

I have n't got an issue with milking a cash cow for all it's worth, the issue I have is why they need £2M the day before the takeover is completed? Whats the rush? It suggests to me that they either have n't got the funds to buy the club or they are unwilling to commit the funds to buy the club. After that, where do the funds come from to sustain the club? Never mind make a premier league push!

Whose to say the 2mil ain't going straight into the transfer budget which would be reduced otherwise due to financial fair play rules? It's not now a simple case of million chairman buys league title as I am sure you know. So come on FILO what are your alternate suggestions on raising funds?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 19, 2014, 07:25:51 pm by Filo »
Have the critics of this idea even bothered to check what it is about, basically individuals, groups or companies pay varying amounts for various packages which exploit Lt celebrity status as the new owner and the biggest band in the world. What is wrong with that? The same folk would be going nuts if Lt 16million twitter followers were not identified as a potential income stream.

As one of JR's biggest critics this is a master stroke. Some people need to wake up.

The same that's funding it now? It's just a money making idea, I don't understand people's issues with it and your argument doesn't work. Are you against any revenue stream that isn't sustainable?

Whats funding it now?

The same that funds every other league one club. What is your issue with it. Do you begrudge young LT fans the opportunity of meeting an idol whilst helping the club out? Would you be against the squad signing shirts for a rovers auction on the basis they may one day sign for somebody else? How else would you suggest the club exploit Lt celebrity? I'm sure your not daft enough to suggest we shouldn't.

I have n't got an issue with milking a cash cow for all it's worth, the issue I have is why they need £2M the day before the takeover is completed? Whats the rush? It suggests to me that they either have n't got the funds to buy the club or they are unwilling to commit the funds to buy the club. After that, where do the funds come from to sustain the club? Never mind make a premier league push!

Whose to say the 2mil ain't going straight into the transfer budget which would be reduced otherwise due to financial fair play rules? It's not now a simple case of million chairman buys league title as I am sure you know. So come on FILO what are your alternate suggestions on raising funds?

Why is the July 17th date so crucial to the crowdfunding project?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 19, 2014, 07:32:40 pm by Lipsy »
No-one says it's crucial, but - equally - I ain't no great believer in coincidence.

It's very odd, but I do believe that there's nothing untoward in this - we have been told repeatedly that the club's future would be assured if it were sold.

Without any facts, I am at least prepared to take TB by his word.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 19, 2014, 07:37:29 pm by aidanstu »
[/quote]

I don't know do you? Maybe so when they do take over there is no delay in raising funds which will contribute to keeping within the FPR's.

You still havn't said how better you could exploit his celebrity. Why is your first thought negative?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 19, 2014, 07:40:37 pm by Filo »

I don't know do you? Maybe so when they do take over there is no delay in raising funds which will contribute to keeping within the FPR's.

You still havn't said how better you could exploit his celebrity. Why is your first thought negative?
[/quote]

My first thought is cautious, I have no idea how to gain alternative funding, if I had I'd probably have a career in marketing instead of driving pissheads around on a Saturday night :)

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 19, 2014, 07:46:53 pm by aidanstu »

My first thought is cautious, I have no idea how to gain alternative funding, if I had I'd probably have a career in marketing instead of driving pissheads around on a Saturday night :)
[/quote]

Lol Me also. I don't blamed you for being cautious. As I said earlier in the thread I have previously been one of JRs biggest critics but what ever the reason for wanting the 2 million I doubt the two owners are in it for profit . in any event, and whether it earns a penny more than the £509000 it has already, as a marketing idea it's brilliant. Credit where credit is due.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 19, 2014, 07:51:29 pm by Jenny »
It is crucial. Crowd funding doesn't take money upfront, only if the pledge is hit. Don't get to £2m before 17th, all fails.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 19, 2014, 07:53:21 pm by GazLaz »
It is crucial. Crowd funding doesn't take money upfront, only if the pledge is hit. Don't get to £2m before 17th, all fails.

JR and LT will end up making up the shortfall.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 19, 2014, 07:53:49 pm by aidanstu »

I doubt it will fail. My bet I'd jr and lt make up the shortfall, why wouldn't they;it's money for nothing.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 19, 2014, 07:54:22 pm by Jenny »
I imagine so. They are hardly going to let it fail. Bit underhand though in my opinion.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 19, 2014, 08:48:50 pm by aidanstu »
I imagine so. They are hardly going to let it fail. Bit underhand though in my opinion.

Except we don't really know there motives so you are just assuming its underhand. Non of us know really but I am amazed by how quickly people have jumped on their backs based purely on assumption.

Twinkletoes

« Reply #43 on June 19, 2014, 10:02:13 pm by Twinkletoes »

What funds the club when 1D grow up?

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 19, 2014, 10:25:34 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Sky TV payments, when we reach the Premiership! WAKE UP AT THE BACK!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 19, 2014, 11:01:03 pm by RedJ »

Assuming we ever do make it.

Not exactly guaranteed is it?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 19, 2014, 11:11:21 pm by bobjimwilly »

I think Wiltshire was being a tiny bit sarcastic, or at least I hope he was  :huh:

Twinkletoes

« Reply #47 on June 20, 2014, 10:35:49 am by Twinkletoes »

I think Wiltshire was being a tiny bit sarcastic, or at least I hope he was  :huh:
I make a tongue in cheek remark and get shouted at.  Great!!  :P

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 20, 2014, 10:42:20 am by RedJ »
Serves you right for not paying attention. ;)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 20, 2014, 10:57:45 am by Wiltshire Exile »
 :)

Indeed I was! Forgot to add a smiley!  :)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 20, 2014, 11:03:36 am by hoolahoop »

You little tease you ;) lol

Axo

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 20, 2014, 12:17:57 pm by Axo »
I think most are missing the point, this scheme is in fact genius in its conception and idea. Take a look at the bigger picture and the restriction that FFP puts on L1 & L2 clubs and how our budget would increase greatly thanks to this little scheme, not only with the money created from it but by also increasing the cap that the owners can put in because of it.
Or people could carry on saying how embarrassed they are of our ambitious new owners and pour negativity all over it preferring to carry on as we were with maybe the odd promotion to the Championship and being relegated the following season under our previous stewardship.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 20, 2014, 12:58:37 pm by hoolahoop »
I think most are missing the point, this scheme is in fact genius in its conception and idea. Take a look at the bigger picture and the restriction that FFP puts on L1 & L2 clubs and how our budget would increase greatly thanks to this little scheme, not only with the money created from it but by also increasing the cap that the owners can put in because of it.
Or people could carry on saying how embarrassed they are of our ambitious new owners and pour negativity all over it preferring to carry on as we were with maybe the odd promotion to the Championship and being relegated the following season under our previous stewardship.

Rubbish a well funded shirt sponsorship deal could have achieved the same without relieving One Direction fans of their money on such a hair brained scheme.
Have you really thought out the morality behind this scheme. Any short-term enhancement of the club's finances or presumed prestige will be far outdone by the mid and long term adverse effects when it inevitably fails.
We are /were not a football club that was in need of saving  ; we were working already well within FFP rules. In short we are not a basket case to be prostituted to the masses. We HAD good governance, were working to sustainability, were beginning to use the resources at our disposal to optimum use and now we are going round with a begging bowl like a charity...........Jeez.
Don't some of you see this for what it is ..........?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 20, 2014, 01:05:13 pm by GazLaz »
Why is it begging? It's selling something to people that want it.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 20, 2014, 01:19:25 pm by hoolahoop »

Gaz if you can't see the lack of morality and inaneness of all this after reading all the posts on the subject........how the hell can I help you .
''Destination Premiership'' don't msake me laugh , they're struggling for funds to buy and run the club let alone the tens of millions needed to go up two flights of the Football League. Lookat the books of Nottingham Forest and see just how much you might have to put in and NOT get there.
They have a fanbase potentially 4x ours have been European champions, are the main team in one of the largest conurbations in England and ...............still struggle.
Perhaps you might look at Leeds United ...need I go on.  :headbang:

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 20, 2014, 01:21:42 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

You little tease you ;) lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 20, 2014, 02:34:55 pm by BigH »

Gaz if you can't see the lack of morality and inaneness of all this after reading all the posts on the subject........how the hell can I help you .
''Destination Premiership'' don't msake me laugh , they're struggling for funds to buy and run the club let alone the tens of millions needed to go up two flights of the Football League. Lookat the books of Nottingham Forest and see just how much you might have to put in and NOT get there.
They have a fanbase potentially 4x ours have been European champions, are the main team in one of the largest conurbations in England and ...............still struggle.
Perhaps you might look at Leeds United ...need I go on.  :headbang:

Hang on a minute Hoola. While it ain't pretty, I can't fault JR for nouse in trying to drive ancilliary income streams. This is the guy who introduced the Rovers lottery, who got the Council to commit to a new stadium, who then negotiated to take over the running of the stadium, who negotiated with an agent that Rovers could be a shop window for has-been players in return for a cut of any transfer fee - ok, maybe that wasn't the best idea - and who now sees an opportunity in trying to divert some of the 1D spend that would otherwise go on the usual plastic tat, mugs and t-shirts.

In an ideal world, Rovers would be up there with a packed out stadium, fully booked hospitality boxes at top drawer rates and a mindless oligarch/oil baron or some such at the helm. For some bizarre reason none of these have happened (yet) so, in the meantime, we'll have to make do with the innovative ideas that the Board and senior management team dream up. Of course, the club could always try doing an insurance job on the main stand...

Axo

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 20, 2014, 04:20:08 pm by Axo »

Rubbish a well funded shirt sponsorship deal could have achieved the same without relieving One Direction fans of their money on such a hair brained scheme.
Have you really thought out the morality behind this scheme. Any short-term enhancement of the club's finances or presumed prestige will be far outdone by the mid and long term adverse effects when it inevitably fails.
We are /were not a football club that was in need of saving  ; we were working already well within FFP rules. In short we are not a basket case to be prostituted to the masses. We HAD good governance, were working to sustainability, were beginning to use the resources at our disposal to optimum use and now we are going round with a begging bowl like a charity...........Jeez.
Don't some of you see this for what it is ..........?

It's not 'rubbish' at all, and if we could get shirt deals worth £2m then please explain why we have NEVER had a deal for even close to 25% of that figure?
We aren't begging at all, i remember when we did beg in the 90's and this is completely different. It's a masterstroke in marketing to not only bring extra income into the club but to increase the limit that the owners can put in while remaining within the FFP limit.
Our 'good governance' previously were too interested in the club being self sufficient and in the dark ages in terms of schemes like this, content instead in putting as little as possible of their hundreds of millions into the club which resulted once more in relegation last season with the 2nd smallest budget in the division, not bad to say our owners wealth was over half a billion pounds.
The future now at least is a lot more exciting and optimistic in my honest opinion, it feels like i have my rovers back.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on June 20, 2014, 11:09:12 pm by Herman Hessian »
teenage girlies

and the problem with this being the way forward is what, exaclty ?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 21, 2014, 01:45:53 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I Thought Leeds were a joke,this is not how i want our club to get bigger and better,sorry we have had it,we will be seeing Forest Green Rovers etc very soon
We got relegated i can accept that,i can accept that players will have to be sacrificed,i can't believe nobody is worried about this,because i am.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012