Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:42:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: lets find something positive out of all of this  (Read 4845 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member
lets find something positive out of all of this
« on June 19, 2014, 07:12:43 pm by godlike1 »
we still have a club to support :rtid:

erm, nope thats about it :facepalm:

hang on i've just found 50p in my back pocket, dont tell JR or LT as they'll try to find some scheme to take it off me to cover the fact that they dont seem to have any cash  :headbang:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Re: lets find something positive out of all of this
« Reply #1 on June 19, 2014, 07:26:41 pm by not on facebook »
Fcuk me Yet another doom and gloom merchant

With Your outlook we still be bouncing around on squares wheeled horse and Cart

Embarace what is happening as it could Well be the only way forward

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 19, 2014, 08:03:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It's threads like this that frightens me! My god, if I were reading this as owner of the club I'd seriously consider if it was worth investing in trying to give such supporters a better football team.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 19, 2014, 09:01:13 pm by Sprotyrover »
 Does Godlike ever make a positive, constructive post......I think that they are a Troll

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 20, 2014, 08:24:46 am by godlike1 »
Does Godlike ever make a positive, constructive post......I think that they are a Troll

Oy who are you calling a troll????? you Goat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you clearly can't read because I make more than my fair share of constructive posts

I'm more than entitled to post me thoughts on what so far seems an idiotic, half brained, poorly thought out scheme to take over rovers. That view is based on the evidence JR and LT have put before us so far and is not only mine with Radio Sheffield poking fun at it this morning as well as others i have not heard yet.

How can JR need TB & DW to help push us over the line to the championship all those years ago due to not having the financial clout and yet he says he is the one providing the majority of the funds this time to push the club back up the leagues

they have had to buy out TB & DW
they will have to fund the financial loss the club makes next season
they are saying we will have the 2nd biggest budget in the league next season

I dont know any of the ins and outs but that has to be in the region of around 10million for all of that lot. there must be others behined the scene becuase if not and we don't get back up at the 1st time of asking and despite their efforts they don't get the 2million they want others to provide i am seriously worried about the future of my club.

1 last point is:

Will we be having meet the owners events and has IRWT been thrown into the bin now?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 20, 2014, 09:05:57 am by wing commander »
      I'm with Godlike on this...They have come in....explained absolutely sweet fanny adams on the future and come up with a trust plan to fleece teenage girls out of there pocket money to help them raise money to buy the club despite the present owners writeing off their loans....Our official web  pages have turned into something cringeworthy....So I'm sorry if I'm not jumping through hoops at being turned into a laughing stock...
      I post regulary on the official fb page and made a comment (I think it was number 458) about keeping it to the football...Within ten minutes I had a pm from a twelve year old from Minnisota saying I knew nothing about Louis and how bad I was "....Christ on a bike I've had to leave our own page in case I get done for bloody grooming.....

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 20, 2014, 11:18:48 am by since-1969 »
I doubt Rovers was sold for more than the minimum required to see the deal go through. Loans written off , funds set up to attract money into The club suggests the incoming party have agreed to absolve TB and DW of any more responsibility for the club and run the club with the intent  of getting out if the L1 this year and open to attract investors when Championship status has been achieved. Players who can command a fee to go with replacements to follow as and when. It's no difference to 2 seasons ago , clear the decks and build again . IMO

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 20, 2014, 11:24:05 am by hoolahoop »
No because there doesn't seem to be anything positive I can think to say about this mess. :(

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 20, 2014, 11:33:05 am by GazLaz »
Got to give the whole thing a try. People on here are negative to anything out of the norm. The TR2 are putting their money in and they are entitled to take the club forward how they see fit. We've got two fans in charge and they are upping the playing budget, let's be positive and see what happens.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:37:45 am by GazLaz »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 20, 2014, 11:33:55 am by River Don »
Back to the original question, let's find something positive out of this.

Well here here are a couple of positives

Undoubtably the club has a new higher profile. DRFC are being talked about in the British press. There are kids in places as far afield as Minnesota, Guadalajara, Chengdu and Doncaster (Australia) who might now be aware there is a small football club in England called Doncaster Rovers. A few of them might even start following our results.

Americans often talk about 'storied' sports clubs. They mean stories of the sporting history. This whole thing is another chapter in the story of Doncaster Rovers. Rovers might not have the most glittering stories in terms of sporting achievement, although there is some but it certainly has a colourful history off the field. The decline, the firestarter, the fight back, the climb up the leagues and now a kid who used to flip burgers at the old ground, making it big as a pop star and buying his beloved club. it gives people in Doncaster and beyond reasons to like the club.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 20, 2014, 11:41:44 am by bobjimwilly »
All of that true RD, and LT is certainly a great public ambassador for DRFC. I just hope the financials stack up, and the club isn't wholly relying on 1D fans to pay the bills.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 20, 2014, 11:45:53 am by GazLaz »
All of that true RD, and LT is certainly a great public ambassador for DRFC. I just hope the financials stack up, and the club isn't wholly relying on 1D fans to pay the bills.

And till proven otherwise you have to believe they do or TB wouldn't have handed over the reigns.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 20, 2014, 11:54:34 am by bobjimwilly »
Correct GazLaz. I hope you're not suggesting if it goes tits up in the future though we blame the previous owners?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 20, 2014, 11:58:50 am by GazLaz »
Correct GazLaz. I hope you're not suggesting if it goes tits up in the future though we blame the previous owners?

No.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 20, 2014, 12:05:35 pm by the vicar »
No need to blame anyone for trying there best for the club TB a DW included

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 20, 2014, 12:05:52 pm by bobjimwilly »
 :aok:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 20, 2014, 12:07:02 pm by the vicar »
That meaning

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 20, 2014, 10:02:54 pm by Sprotyrover »
Goat!.... I like that and I also like your post,unfortunately we are now stuck with this so I believe we have to look at the positives and hope for the best.
I believe we can get out of Div One again but  JR and LT don't have the financial resources for us to compete in the Championship.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 20, 2014, 10:25:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Undoubtably the club has a new higher profile. DRFC are being talked about in the British press. There are kids in places as far afield as Minnesota, Guadalajara, Chengdu and Doncaster (Australia) who might now be aware there is a small football club in England called Doncaster Rovers. A few of them might even start following our results.

Americans often talk about 'storied' sports clubs. They mean stories of the sporting history. This whole thing is another chapter in the story of Doncaster Rovers. Rovers might not have the most glittering stories in terms of sporting achievement, although there is some but it certainly has a colourful history off the field. The decline, the firestarter, the fight back, the climb up the leagues and now a kid who used to flip burgers at the old ground, making it big as a pop star and buying his beloved club. it gives people in Doncaster and beyond reasons to like the club.

kin 'ell RD, you've got me welling up here. Proper straight-to-video-and-Channel 5-on-a-Wednesday-night film material, that is.

I can see the key scene now where Ryan has his epiphany and decides to construct the Theatre of Teeth and Hair. He comes out with that immortal quote: "I will build it and they will....not believe it until they're sat in it."

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 20, 2014, 10:50:43 pm by dknward2 »
Just been thinking of one positive... Sky sports, just think them sat around a table saying 'oh god we need show a league 1 game wait a min donny are owned by that kid from that boy band Louis Ryan or something that could boost the ratings, lets show one of their games could get thousands of extra people watching

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 20, 2014, 11:12:26 pm by River Don »

kin 'ell RD, you've got me welling up here. Proper straight-to-video-and-Channel 5-on-a-Wednesday-night film material, that is.

I can see the key scene now where Ryan has his epiphany and decides to construct the Theatre of Teeth and Hair. He comes out with that immortal quote: "I will build it and they will....not believe it until they're sat in it."

I've often thought the Rovers story might be film material or maybe mini series. The only problem is, looking back at it all the stories, the switching of racehorses, incompetent ex-SAS men, a classic arsonist insurance scam, a millionaire who made his reputation enlarging the busts of page three girls and now the talent show entrant who became a global star and numerous other subplots like the next door neighbour becoming a pro goal keeper, drug dealing players and the ex player who became mixed up in a pyramid selling scheme. Even on the pitch, an agent using the club to showcase his wears, winning the league after conceding a penalty then running up the other end to score in the last minute...

Well, it's all just not credible enough is it?

epworth red

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 20, 2014, 11:21:01 pm by epworth red »
As a man pack in playing for your country and give someboby who gives a f**k a chance !!!!

epworth red

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 20, 2014, 11:23:29 pm by epworth red »
Ok wrong topic lol

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 20, 2014, 11:26:30 pm by hoolahoop »
Some of you obviously don't remember my wind-up on the old forum then ;) Jeez I wish I knew how to dig that thread up it ran for weeks :(

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 21, 2014, 12:46:01 am by RobTheRover »

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 21, 2014, 02:45:08 am by Mustapha-Dump »
It's threads like this that frightens me! My god, if I were reading this as owner of the club I'd seriously consider if it was worth investing in trying to give such supporters a better football team.

On the other hand if I were a co-owner I'd seriously consider 'is it really worth trying to get the fans and some love struck teenagers to pay for the take over we can't afford' everyone is entitled to their own opinion and would love nothing more than to be proven wrong, but to 'buy' the club and make getting money off the fans your first objective, well for me you're a shite empty bottleless old man looking for one more thing to cling on too.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 21, 2014, 08:30:31 am by RTID75 »
I just don't know what to think, but with the information we have right now I can't help feeling concerned and a little embarrassed.

As has been said above, a take over that immediately turns to 12 year old girls to find money is a major concern. I've nothing against LT personally, but when I looked at thatfunding list I could have cried. Market the shit out of the boy band heart throb in a seemingly desperate attempt to get money in. I definitely cringed. I cringed again reading the comment posted above about the Facebook page.

Where is the long term money coming from? How can two blokes worth a probable tenth of the previous owners hope to fund anything above L1 / L2 level in the long term? Do we suppose they're selling pink, star & glitter covered season tickets to the 12 year olds who have zero interest in football / Rovers and only want a glimpse of their dreamboat? Are we going to have to sit through girly screams at half time as LT takes to the pitch and the away end fall about laughing and  rip the shit out of us?

I sincerely hope my worries are baseless,  but I fear the football is being pushed aside to make way for the circus.

Prove me wrong, JR & LT. For the sake of the fans of what really matters - football & Rovers, prove me wrong.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 21, 2014, 10:10:09 am by Mustapha-Dump »
It just feels too similar to 'the experiment' to me, doesn't feel right

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 21, 2014, 11:06:27 am by mushRTID »
Find something positive? You first because i can't think of anything,i'm not usually a moaner on here,but i'm very worried.

See GazLaz 's post above. 2 positives right there.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 21, 2014, 11:14:02 am by BigH »
I just don't know what to think, but with the information we have right now I can't help feeling concerned and a little embarrassed.

As has been said above, a take over that immediately turns to 12 year old girls to find money is a major concern. I've nothing against LT personally, but when I looked at thatfunding list I could have cried. Market the shit out of the boy band heart throb in a seemingly desperate attempt to get money in. I definitely cringed. I cringed again reading the comment posted above about the Facebook page.

Where is the long term money coming from? How can two blokes worth a probable tenth of the previous owners hope to fund anything above L1 / L2 level in the long term? Do we suppose they're selling pink, star & glitter covered season tickets to the 12 year olds who have zero interest in football / Rovers and only want a glimpse of their dreamboat? Are we going to have to sit through girly screams at half time as LT takes to the pitch and the away end fall about laughing and  rip the shit out of us?

I sincerely hope my worries are baseless,  but I fear the football is being pushed aside to make way for the circus.

Prove me wrong, JR & LT. For the sake of the fans of what really matters - football & Rovers, prove me wrong.

Aye RT, what we need is a good dose of 'retro' to get the ground filled. Try these for ideas: 1. lavatorial facilities (for men only of course) comprising urinals of corrugated metal sheeting draining down on to some left over guttering found round the back of the Rosso End; 2. half time refreshments of tea and bovril (only) 3. rickety wooden seats 4. a matchday programme comprising a team sheet and an advert for the local butchers; 5. piped in stale cigarette odour 6. piped in BO (or maybe that's just me)

Like I say just a few yesteryear ideas to take us back to the good old bad old days. Or we could accept that the world's moved on...not necessarily for the better I grant you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012