Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 11:30:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Your questions to JR  (Read 7345 times)

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
Re: Your questions to JR
« Reply #30 on June 23, 2014, 10:12:05 pm by bfdoncaster west »
wen

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 23, 2014, 10:35:32 pm by bpoolrover »
Has jr got the original pics of before and after Melinda messenger operation

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 23, 2014, 11:05:22 pm by PDX_Rover »
So he can show how he made a right tit (and a left one)?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 24, 2014, 01:14:09 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Have John and Louis got the funds to make us able to compete for promotion?
How long are we going to wait to sign players,is it going to be last minute as always?
Is there a chance of the Company John wanted to takeover with before coming in to the mix later on?

Some good questions. I'dd be more specific about the last one:
"Is there any possibility that SC, Phelan or O'Brien will be involved in any way whatsoever with DRFC in the coming 5 years?"

What exactly are the sources planned for funding the club over the next 5 years? If we are in the Championship is the aim to float around the middle or get to the top - if the latter, how much will be spent over and above the normal revenue streams, and where will that money come from?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 24, 2014, 07:43:01 am by hoolahoop »
Have John and Louis got the funds to make us able to compete for promotion?
How long are we going to wait to sign players,is it going to be last minute as always?
Is there a chance of the Company John wanted to takeover with before coming in to the mix later on?

Some good questions. I'dd be more specific about the last one:
"Is there any possibility that SC, Phelan or O'Brien will be involved in any way whatsoever with DRFC in the coming 5 years?"

What exactly are the sources planned for funding the club over the next 5 years? If we are in the Championship is the aim to float around the middle or get to the top - if the latter, how much will be spent over and above the normal revenue streams, and where will that money come from?

You don't mess about do you BRR, there isn't much wriggle room for JR presupposing of course that he would answer any questions posed ?

As for me , I would ask him why he ( like many targeting this forum ) doesn't believe he has any questions to answer from hometown supporters just like him ?

I would also ask him why he wasn't more supportive of Terry and Dick during their tenure ?

I would ask him where/who he gets all these ideas from ?

Who is really behind the deal in the short and medium term ? ( similar to BRR's question ) ?

Why he has a problem with this forum and the organisation hosting it I.e. the VSC and what is needed to repair that relationship ?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 24, 2014, 09:17:45 am by bobjimwilly »
re: your last question Hoola - I don't care if he has a problem with the forum. But if he does have a problem with the VSC because of the forum, we'll need to point the difference out to him ie the forum IS NOT the VSC!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 24, 2014, 09:39:56 am by hoolahoop »
re: your last question Hoola - I don't care if he has a problem with the forum. But if he does have a problem with the VSC because of the forum, we'll need to point the difference out to him ie the forum IS NOT the VSC!

Absolutely bjw, this should have been done a long time ago. Perhaps it's just an association thing  not unlike some of the daft things said on 'his' forum and on facebook.

I personally DON'T have any problems with JR and like others on here respect what he , TB, DW & others have/did /are doing for the club in the past.
However the fact that I recognise his achievements also means that I also know his weaknesses in respect of OUR club.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 24, 2014, 09:52:43 am by IDM »
we'll need to point the difference out to him ie the forum IS NOT the VSC!

This needs to be taken on board by some of the forum members too!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 24, 2014, 10:33:05 am by hoolahoop »
THIS FORUM IS ONLY ''HOSTED'' BY THE VSC AND DOES NOT REPRESENT THE OPINIONS OF THAT ORGANISATION

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 24, 2014, 10:34:34 am by hoolahoop »
Why can't we put that right at the top of the forum so that we don't have to repeat ourselves ?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 24, 2014, 10:38:48 am by Bentley Bullet »
How many of the VSC organisation are contributors to this forum?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 24, 2014, 10:51:51 am by Bentley Bullet »
My question to John is, 'do you read Rovers forums and do you get disheartened by some of the comments about you, and does it raise doubts as to why you bother trying to improve the team for such an ungrateful bunch?'

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 24, 2014, 11:42:06 am by River Don »
My question to John is, 'do you read Rovers forums and do you get disheartened by some of the comments about you, and does it raise doubts as to why you bother trying to improve the team for such an ungrateful bunch?'

That question could have been asked of Terry Bramall this time last year.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 24, 2014, 11:42:36 am by River Don »
Why can't we put that right at the top of the forum so that we don't have to repeat ourselves ?

Good call.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 24, 2014, 11:54:27 am by Bentley Bullet »

That question could have been asked of Terry Bramall this time last year.

It's very likely it was, and if it wasn't it should have been.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 24, 2014, 12:01:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'd also like to ask JR what his thoughts are of posters who agreed with TB on his views of 'let's not over spend, let's be sustaining, and if that means league one and two, so be it, but who are NOW questioning whether you and LT have got enough money to take us forward!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:09:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 24, 2014, 12:04:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »
How many of the VSC organisation are contributors to this forum?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 24, 2014, 12:08:16 pm by RedJ »
I'd also like to ask JR what his views are of posters who agreed with TB on his views of 'let's not over spend, let's be sustaining, and if that means league one and two, so be it, but who are NOW questioning whether you and LT have got enough money to take us forward!

So because people agreed with running the club sustainably like TB wanted they aren't allowed to question if the new owners have the funds to fulfil their ambitions?...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 24, 2014, 12:23:22 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'd also like to ask JR what his views are of posters who agreed with TB on his views of 'let's not over spend, let's be sustaining, and if that means league one and two, so be it, but who are NOW questioning whether you and LT have got enough money to take us forward!

So because people agreed with running the club sustainably like TB wanted they aren't allowed to question if the new owners have the funds to fulfil their ambitions?...

The point is people who accepted sustainability, and whatever the consequences it would bring,  are questioning (and in some cases rediculing) a proven loyal fan and legend with genuine ambition to progress the club.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 24, 2014, 12:27:40 pm by RedJ »

The point is people who accepted sustainability, and whatever the consequences it would bring,  are questioning (and in some cases rediculing) a proven loyal fan and legend with genuine ambition to progress the club.

But surely it's only natural to question how exactly they're planning to pay for their ambition, especially after the previous owners had such vast proven wealth?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 24, 2014, 12:29:59 pm by bobjimwilly »
You are correct BB - and of course the VSC should always question whoever owns the club, whether it be due to genuine concern, to demand for answers from fans, or simply to reassure fans. And whether the questions are as simple as "can we have a cash only turnstile", or more complicated and serious, such as "what is the long-term financial plan for the next 2+ years", any responsible owner will acknowledge and try and answer these questions. That's what fan engagement is all about!

Btw no-one is denying, or questioning JR is a DRFC legend, or that he has genuine ambition for the club?

But surely it's only natural to question how exactly they're planning to pay for their ambition, especially after the previous owners had such vast proven wealth?
That is a fairly straight-forward question RedJ, and one that we hope will be answered by the co-chairmen.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 24, 2014, 12:41:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It's one thing to ask, another thing to question.

What difference does having vast proven wealth make if you're not prepared to spend any of it above anything other than to sustain the club?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 24, 2014, 12:49:13 pm by bobjimwilly »

What difference does having vast proven wealth make if you're not prepared to spend any of it above anything other than to sustain the club?

If I remember they actually spent more than the minimum need to sustain the club - Tamas, Meite, Wellens, Sharp - all cost money that were over the minimum budget?
I also don't recall many posts following these signings that suggested we needed more players to avoid the drop, which would suggest most people were happy with the team at that time.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 24, 2014, 12:50:17 pm by Muttley »
TB & DW, quite rightly in my opinion, committed to support the club to the extent of the FFP rules - their "vast proven wealth" was irrelevant.

Unless we get a huge slice of luck, until we manage to up our turnover (and a one-off attempted scamming of gullible schoolgirls doesn't count IMO), then we will be a league one/championship club.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 24, 2014, 12:51:50 pm by River Don »

I've read that a couple of times and I'm not sure I understand it BB.

Er, If you're saying what difference does it make if you have wealth but are only prepared to spend a bit of it each season on the club, then the difference is it makes the club more competitive than it would have been without that extra funding.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:59:23 pm by River Don »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #55 on June 24, 2014, 12:53:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You have no more proof that they weren't willing to spend more (even though they did) than you have proof that JR has the funds to match his ambition. Hence the impass of opinions.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 24, 2014, 01:01:03 pm by Bentley Bullet »

If I remember they actually spent more than the minimum need to sustain the club - Tamas, Meite, Wellens, Sharp - all cost money that were over the minimum budget?
I also don't recall many posts following these signings that suggested we needed more players to avoid the drop, which would suggest most people were happy with the team at that time.

So they went against their principles, and everyone was happy when they brought players with the hope of securing Championship status. I didn't hear of any complaints from those who opposed over spending, wnen TB and co did that.

As has been said before, it was obvious that we needed a striker from very early on in the season, and if we'd had got Billy earlier, or somebody of that quality, we'd have stayed up.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 24, 2014, 01:03:48 pm by River Don »

So they went against their principles, and everyone was happy when they brought players with the hope of securing Championship status. I didn't hear of any complaints from those who opposed over spending, wnen TB and co did that.

As has been said before, it was obvious that we needed a striker from very early on in the season, and if we'd had got Billy earlier, or somebody of that quality, we'd have stayed up.

They weren't overspending. They could afford it, it was up to them to decide what level of spend was appropriate each season.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 24, 2014, 01:52:45 pm by godlike1 »
My question is as follows;

When tb & DW initially invested in the club it was to help provide the funding needed to get to the championship. This time you have said/it's reported you are the main funder and as such is the club secure long term or are additional funders required?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 05:20:06 pm by godlike1 »

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 24, 2014, 04:54:04 pm by wesisback »
Absolutely bjw, this should have been done a long time ago. Perhaps it's just an association thing  not unlike some of the daft things said on 'his' forum and on facebook.
What do you mean by 'his' forum?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012