Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:41:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dickov  (Read 4511 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Dickov
« on June 27, 2014, 10:43:39 am by the vicar »
Doncaster Rovers: ‘This is my first chance to build my own team’ - Dickov

This summer will be Paul Dickov’s first opportunity in his managerial career to ‘build his own team’, the Scot says.

Dickov had hoped to prioritise quality over quantity this summer.

However, with Mark Duffy, Chris Brown and David Cotterill opting to pursue their careers away from the Keepmoat, the need to address the depth of the squad is becoming more pressing by the day.

Dickov is not fazed by the task in hand and insists he has spoken to several targets more accustomed to plying their trade at a higher level than League One.

And the former Oldham manager says this summer marks a first in his managerial career - the chance to really put his own stamp on the squad.

Dickov said: “The lads worked their socks off last year but [the club’s takeover] allows me to build my own team now,

“It’s probably the first time in four years of my management career I can afford to do that. I’m excited about that, and so are John [Ryan] and Louis [Tomlinson].

“We’ve had a lot of chats about where we want to go,” he added.

“We’re hopeful we can start giving contracts out fairly soon.”

Harry Forrester, meanwhile, took to Twitter to pledge his immediate future to Rovers. “I don’t know who is saying I’m leaving! I’m not” he tweeted.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:47:26 am by the vicar »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: Rickover
« Reply #1 on June 27, 2014, 10:44:44 am by Dare to dream! »
Who's team got us relegated then?

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Dickov
« Reply #2 on June 27, 2014, 10:49:19 am by the vicar »
That's what I thought

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 27, 2014, 10:54:06 am by DRNaith »
I think he's blaming the players who were here before he started for the relegation.  It's very sad and not needed if that's the case

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 27, 2014, 10:56:30 am by not on facebook »
Bad workman allways blames his tools

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 27, 2014, 10:58:57 am by the vicar »
You are right the buck stops at one man, a good workman never blames his tools and we had a lot of tools in the side

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 27, 2014, 11:04:26 am by eastender »
Looks like Kyle Bennett could be the scapegoat this season.  :)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 27, 2014, 11:24:49 am by RedJ »
A lot of the time it was individual error that cost us though to be fair. Can't really legislate for that.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 27, 2014, 11:31:21 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
I dont think he is blaming his past players, more showing that he is excited to get the chance to prove he can build a team.

I for one have been very positive with his signings.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 27, 2014, 11:32:23 am by DearneValleyRover »
A lot of the time it was individual error that cost us though to be fair. Can't really legislate for that.

Most of the errors you refer to didn't occur in the 90th minute, there was ample time to change things, the fact is Dickov either didn't think he had the players to do so or he doesn't have the ability.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 27, 2014, 11:34:31 am by RedJ »

Most of the errors you refer to didn't occur in the 90th minute, there was ample time to change things, the fact is Dickov either didn't think he had the players to do so or he doesn't have the ability.

And he's supposed to be able to look into the future and see who's going to make these errors is he?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 27, 2014, 11:41:22 am by Alan Southstand »

That's the most worrying statement in that entire piece.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 27, 2014, 11:56:22 am by IDM »

That's the most worrying statement in that entire piece.

Why?

It is a kind of obvious statement to make, of course we'll be looking to contract players soon!  Why is that worrying???

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 27, 2014, 12:03:10 pm by bpoolrover »
What is the problem with saying he is looking forward to building his own team? He inherited a lot of the players and I can't see a issue with it. People are saying how he was backed so well,in my opinion because of the take over saga he was in January but we were short for the 1st half of the season

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 27, 2014, 12:07:54 pm by RobSlingDog »
I for one is quite looking forward to him building his 'own' team. I think he showed he can buy the right player. Forrerster i dont think anyone expected him to join. I think he will look at getting young and hungry lads in like HF wanting to prove a point and with abilty to move up to the championship. I cant see him bringing many players in over the age of 30 just dont think that looks the Dickov way.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 27, 2014, 12:09:17 pm by Alan Southstand »
Try changing the word 'hopeful' for a start!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 27, 2014, 12:13:05 pm by DearneValleyRover »

And he's supposed to be able to look into the future and see who's going to make these errors is he?

No he's supposed to react after the mistake has been made. The one you refer to 'Husband against Brum' was made early in the second half yet Dickov changed nothing, at the time of the mistake it was only 1-1 but we were being over run. There were no tactical changes or subs made until it was too late, you can't blame Husband's mistake for the other 2 goals or the way the team capitulated that's motivation and tactics which is down to the management team.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 27, 2014, 12:25:43 pm by bpoolrover »
Dvr we didn't have a big or good enough squad to change things

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 27, 2014, 12:29:11 pm by RedJ »

No he's supposed to react after the mistake has been made. The one you refer to 'Husband against Brum' was made early in the second half yet Dickov changed nothing, at the time of the mistake it was only 1-1 but we were being over run. There were no tactical changes or subs made until it was too late, you can't blame Husband's mistake for the other 2 goals or the way the team capitulated that's motivation and tactics which is down to the management team.

Well I didn't "refer to" any specific incident, I think you'll find.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 27, 2014, 12:52:56 pm by graingrover »
is this a FANS' forum really?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 27, 2014, 01:02:50 pm by Wellred »

Moan Moan Moan, thats all some people ever do on this forum.
Why have we not signed Messi yet?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 27, 2014, 01:04:17 pm by Filo »

Because he's at the world cup! ;)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 27, 2014, 02:14:41 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Well I didn't "refer to" any specific incident, I think you'll find.

You referred to individual errors and that one has been highlighted more than once and would be one of those you alluded to.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 27, 2014, 02:18:25 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Dvr we didn't have a big or good enough squad to change things

I never said we did, my original comment was that Dickov either didn't think he has the tools required or is tactically inept, not worded like for like but means the same. We will find out with his team now, I'm just not positive that it's the tools to blame, we all have opinions and I hope mine are wrong to be fair.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 27, 2014, 02:19:41 pm by DearneValleyRover »

To be fair Wellred that's a bit pot and kettle

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 27, 2014, 02:44:14 pm by bfdoncaster west »
wot player wot you get

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 27, 2014, 04:05:54 pm by Wellred »

To be fair Wellred that's a bit pot and kettle

Having to trawl quite a way back to find anything then DVR?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 27, 2014, 04:25:06 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Why do I need to trawl? I haven't a need to prove anything.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 27, 2014, 05:31:59 pm by Wellred »
Pot Kettle Black?
Don't feel the need to substantiate your statement then?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 27, 2014, 05:38:17 pm by DearneValleyRover »
No Wellred you've whinged about a few things in the past 12 months, nothing wrong with that we are entitled to especially on a forum, just a bit of a hypocrite to lambast another for doing the same. As for going through posts to prove a point, why, they are there for those so inclined to do so, I have better things to do with my time.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012