Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 07:26:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Quinn  (Read 26220 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: Quinn
« Reply #30 on July 01, 2014, 04:16:30 pm by wing commander »
   I read it that way too....He was on his way to another club and activating his release clause and its gone tits up,I wonder if he activated his release clause first..???? Then we could offer him a 75% reduction for taking the urine....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 01, 2014, 05:02:28 pm by mushRTID »
Maybe he is just moving house and its fallen through. We dont know.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 01, 2014, 05:18:48 pm by Wild Rover »
True we don't, but, footballers tend to move house to change club. Especially at this time of year.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 01, 2014, 05:52:21 pm by jonnydog »
Or he just fancies upsizing from his Highfields mid-terrace.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 01, 2014, 06:16:37 pm by RedJ »
Doesn't he live in Rotherham? Can't blame him for wanting to move house if that's what's going on. :laugh:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 01, 2014, 06:41:30 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Doesn't he live in Rotherham? Can't blame him for wanting to move house if that's what's going on. :laugh:
Perhaps the club was Rotherham :) and Mr E's blown him out

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 02, 2014, 09:20:21 am by roversontheup »
I thought quinnys attitude and work rate was spot on last season.  If he is looking at other clubs I can't say I blame him. Who on here wouldn't if they had taken a 50% pay cut and another employer was offering much more and possibly a promotion with it ( higher division in football terms).

Rovers were right to supply the reduction just as players are right to look at their options.  We look at it as fans, they look it at it as a job and who can blame them for trying to get the best possible deal fir themselves and their families.

Still hope rovers are his best or proffered deal this season though!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 02, 2014, 08:46:33 pm by Alickismyhero »
I thought quinnys attitude and work rate was spot on last season.  If he is looking at other clubs I can't say I blame him. Who on here wouldn't if they had taken a 50% pay cut and another employer was offering much more and possibly a promotion with it ( higher division in football terms).

Rovers were right to supply the reduction just as players are right to look at their options.  We look at it as fans, they look it at it as a job and who can blame them for trying to get the best possible deal fir themselves and their families.

Still hope rovers are his best or proffered deal this season though!

Thats the way I see it roversontheup!

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 04, 2014, 08:10:23 pm by RobbieDRFC »
Looks like Quinn has gone

@quinny_14: looks like the journeys came to an end ... #loyaltypffffffffffffffft

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 04, 2014, 08:25:18 pm by GazLaz »
Is his contract up?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 04, 2014, 08:27:17 pm by RedJ »
No, he's still under contract I believe.

Not sure how he can talk about loyalty mind when he didn't want to come in the first place only signing when nobody else took him and left it late to come back last year...

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 04, 2014, 10:16:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
We should be looking is what is best for the team. As a centre half he better than Clarke, as a right back he is better than Wabarra and Ostemobor. So if the club have decided not to continue with his services because he wanted to use his release clause then they are wrong. He proved I he was better than a relegation team in the last ten games.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 04, 2014, 10:35:22 pm by Wellred »
Yes he probably did want to stay but no doubt on his terms.
He's no great loss if he does go.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 04, 2014, 10:36:30 pm by StocktonRover »
Unless we replace him with someone better, he is a great loss.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 04, 2014, 10:44:33 pm by Wellred »
He is hardly a great loss

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 04, 2014, 10:52:29 pm by StocktonRover »
we'll have to agree to disagree then WR.
He got better as the season went on and offered us options towards the end where I thought he more than held his own in the championship. In L1, he would be so much better.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 04, 2014, 10:56:35 pm by jonnydog »
True, he improved in championship and IMO would easily prove himself in league 1.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 04, 2014, 11:06:37 pm by Wellred »
The point is though. We shouldn't be held to ransom by players like Quinn.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 04, 2014, 11:08:50 pm by IDM »
The point is though. We shouldn't be held to ransom by players like Quinn.

I don't think we are, hence the relegation release clauses.  Take a pay cut, or leave.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 04, 2014, 11:21:52 pm by Donnyrovers »
We will miss him at centre back not at right back though he's shit there.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 04, 2014, 11:43:36 pm by The Red Baron »
A scenario:

Quinn (probably prompted by his agent) decides to activate the release clause in his contract, meaning that he becomes a free agent on 30th June.
This is because he believes that he has interest from another club. Unlike Duffy and Brown he hasn't had the good sense to wait until a club has actually made him an offer.
Said interest does not materialise- hence his twitterings about "lack of respect." So he goes back to Rovers and finds that things have "moved on" and that they are in no hurry to take him back. Hence the anguished comment about "loyalty."

I'm sure he'll find another club- he's too good a defender to be out of work for too long- but perhaps he might learn that sometimes it is better to bide your time. He might also want to consider a change of agent.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 05, 2014, 12:15:04 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Quinn is very limited as a footballer,but the effort he puts in makes up for that to a degree,but you saw at times in the Championship he was a weakness at times,when he played right back.
Put him in at centre half and he is a different player,similar in some ways to George Friend,terrible full back,better centre back,except one's left footed,and one i never rated,but who showed class when leaving the club.

I'm with most on here,if we get somebody better great,but when he's on the pitch Quinn is a team player,it's all about the team not himself,and that sort of attitude and determination is not easily found
You need many differing abilities to make a successful team,and those that Quinn has we are not overloaded with at the minute.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 05, 2014, 12:17:44 am by Dagenham Rover »
A scenario:

Quinn (probably prompted by his agent) decides to activate the release clause in his contract, meaning that he becomes a free agent on 30th June.
This is because he believes that he has interest from another club. Unlike Duffy and Brown he hasn't had the good sense to wait until a club has actually made him an offer.
Said interest does not materialise- hence his twitterings about "lack of respect." So he goes back to Rovers and finds that things have "moved on" and that they are in no hurry to take him back. Hence the anguished comment about "loyalty."

I'm sure he'll find another club- he's too good a defender to be out of work for too long- but perhaps he might learn that sometimes it is better to bide your time. He might also want to consider a change of agent.

Yup

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 05, 2014, 07:32:26 am by GazLaz »
People are guessing again and know f**k all.

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 05, 2014, 08:37:20 am by RobbieDRFC »
A scenario:

I agree this is the most likely. I'd love to see how footballers would act without agents in this day and age!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 05, 2014, 08:41:16 am by mrfrostsdad »
Quinn was our best player in the latter stages of the season, IMO obviously. I think he would be a terrific player in League1 and will be a massive loss. But loyalty? There's no such thing in football, and as such he will probably leave.
Chris Brown, remember him?? Can't wait till next season to help get us straight back up again (or words to that effect) hmmm. Where is he now?
Loyalty my backside

courtney haddock-lately

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 05, 2014, 09:14:32 am by courtney haddock-lately »
I thought he was decent last season after a shaky start. He really did well in the makeshift defense, when everyone else was injured.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 05, 2014, 09:21:29 am by bobjimwilly »
People are guessing again and know f*** all.

But why are people having to guess Gaz?

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 05, 2014, 10:35:34 am by RobbieDRFC »
Quinn was our best player in the latter stages of the season, IMO obviously. I think he would be a terrific player in League1 and will be a massive loss. But loyalty? There's no such thing in football, and as such he will probably leave.
Chris Brown, remember him?? Can't wait till next season to help get us straight back up again (or words to that effect) hmmm. Where is he now?
Loyalty my backside

As Strachan was saying the other day there is no morales in football, everyone looks after themselves.

I also think Quinny is a good solid player always organising and talking, putting his body on the line time and time again. I think people have forgotten his performance at millwall.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on July 05, 2014, 10:49:02 am by The Red Baron »
People are guessing again and know f*** all.

That's why I put "A scenario" at the front. I am guessing, because I'm trying to understand why a player with a year on his contract should not be training, be moaning about being unemployed and let down and then complaining about a lack of loyalty.

As Sherlock Holmes put it: "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012