Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:34:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Quinn  (Read 26206 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Quinn
« Reply #90 on July 06, 2014, 10:23:20 am by DonnyOsmond »
If Quinn and Duffy are both having swipes then may be we are a bit of a joke and things aren't all that rosy?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on July 06, 2014, 10:25:16 am by DannyRovers »
Before we start blaming the new ownership of the club lets not forget Quinn's tweet from the 16th June.

"@quinny_14: By the sounds of it @drfc_official have pulled the signing of the season already in bringing JR back where he belongs.... topman"

:rtid:

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on July 06, 2014, 10:27:03 am by DonnyOsmond »
It is probably Dickov/Baldwin that's causing this.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on July 06, 2014, 10:29:53 am by Filo »

Thats how malicious rumours start, there are two sides to every story, I'd prefer to hear both sides before jumping on anyones back

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on July 06, 2014, 10:33:03 am by Dare to dream! »

Thats how malicious rumours start, there are two sides to every story, I'd prefer to hear both sides before jumping on anyones back

But we won't hear the other side. Just like the Tommy Spurr situation all we will hear is SM come on and say we offered a contract and Spurr/Quinnn aren't telling the whole truth

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on July 06, 2014, 10:36:39 am by DonnyOsmond »

It's called an opinion. I'm not putting ideas in anyone's head you call all decide for yourself but when two players criticise us as a club in the space of a couple of week then you wonder what's going on inside and seeing as Dickov and Baldwin are the main contacts for the players it's easy to make the assumption. If one player said it fair enough they might just have an issue with someone and may be bitter like I wondered was the case with Duffy but now a second player has come out it surely means there's something wrong inside.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on July 06, 2014, 10:43:20 am by Mustapha-Dump »
Personally think he's acted like a child, Yaya Touré and birthday cake spring to mind. He seems to be complaining about no phone call since May, but when I have a holiday from work I don't hold off going back until they ring me. My thinking (and I have no source) he's said he wants to activate the clause, rovers have possibly said 'don't, stay and well sort you some bonuses out' they haven't and now he's got arse on, which I suppose I would be narked off at too, now pre seasons come around, he's still not heard anything so he's activated it and he's offski! .. This is just a simple guess following his tweets over the last few weeks! Either way we need some signings or some clarity on when there will be signings

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on July 06, 2014, 10:48:01 am by Dare to dream! »
Personally think he's acted like a child, Yaya Touré and birthday cake spring to mind. He seems to be complaining about no phone call since May, but when I have a holiday from work I don't hold off going back until they ring me. My thinking (and I have no source) he's said he wants to activate the clause, rovers have possibly said 'don't, stay and well sort you some bonuses out' they haven't and now he's got arse on, which I suppose I would be narked off at too, now pre seasons come around, he's still not heard anything so he's activated it and he's offski! .. This is just a simple guess following his tweets over the last few weeks! Either way we need some signings or some clarity on when there will be signings

Yaya Toure was upset because City didn't allow him to go and see his dying brother.

There are some questions about Quinn's commitments when off the field but onit he's one of the most comitted out there and I think this is the clubs fault because of other players Duffy and Spurr. Somethings clearly not right with contract offers/renewals/player relations

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on July 06, 2014, 10:52:37 am by Filo »

Yaya Toure was upset because City didn't allow him to go and see his dying brother.

There are some questions about Quinn's commitments when off the field but onit he's one of the most comitted out there and I think this is the clubs fault because of other players Duffy and Spurr. Somethings clearly not right with contract offers/renewals/player relations

Toure's brother lived in Manchester, I'm sure Yaya could have nipped to see him after training, also he didn't seem that bothered about seeing him during the World Cup when he did pass away

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on July 06, 2014, 10:59:04 am by Dare to dream! »

Toure's brother lived in Manchester, I'm sure Yaya could have nipped to see him after training, also he didn't seem that bothered about seeing him during the World Cup when he did pass away

Im sure he did but City took them to Dubai straight after the league to play in an exhibition game which is what Toure is upset with because it was pointless.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on July 06, 2014, 11:03:58 am by Donnyrovers »

Im sure he did but City took them to Dubai straight after the league to play in an exhibition game which is what Toure is upset with because it was pointless.

It also come out that Toure didn't request to stay at home when City went to Dubai so he's as much to blame as the club.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on July 06, 2014, 11:07:38 am by The Red Baron »
I think Quinn may have done us some service in that the club will now have to come out and say something.

I'm sorry he's leaving- the squad looks thinner every day.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on July 06, 2014, 11:11:50 am by mushRTID »
Could he possibly be being pushed out to make way for a lower earner who's name cropped up in the black porsche thread?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on July 06, 2014, 11:14:24 am by Filo »
I think Quinn may have done us some service in that the club will now have to come out and say something.

Sadly RB, I think we'll carry on being treated like mushrooms, I just wonder how much they realise how many fans are becoming disillusioned with the club, we're supposed to be encouraging fans to the club, not driving them away!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on July 06, 2014, 11:15:44 am by Dagenham Rover »

Will they though I somehow doubt it

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on July 06, 2014, 11:18:39 am by The Red Baron »

Sadly RB, I think we'll carry on being treated like mushrooms, I just wonder how much they realise how many fans are becoming disillusioned with the club, we're supposed to be encouraging fans to the club, not driving them away!

Agreed, Filo. I have a season ticket but at this rate I'm not going to be using it. Until recently, even though I didn't agree with every decision they made, I did trust the people running the club. Now I don't. They need to say and do things that will win back my trust. Being open about the reasons why they can't sign players would be a start.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on July 06, 2014, 11:20:45 am by The Red Baron »

Well, unless Goodwin is completely sleeping on the job then he has some questions to put to Baldwin and Dickov tomorrow.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on July 06, 2014, 11:27:54 am by Dagenham Rover »
Heres

Well, unless Goodwin is completely sleeping on the job then he has some questions to put to Baldwin and Dickov tomorrow.

Here's hoping he asks the right ones

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on July 06, 2014, 11:28:45 am by Filo »

Thats a good point regarding Goodwin, he seems to be keeping an extremely low profile of late

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on July 06, 2014, 11:32:57 am by The Red Baron »
After the Sequentia affair last year I have a pretty low opinion of the Free Press's "journalists." However, the regional press and Radio Deedar might pick up on some of this.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on July 06, 2014, 01:32:08 pm by The Red Baron »
It's on Vital Football now so even the Free Press can't have failed to notice the story.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on July 06, 2014, 01:48:01 pm by Filo »
It's on Vital Football now so even the Free Press can't have failed to notice the story.

And meanwhile the club let these potentially damaging stories to rumble on

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on July 06, 2014, 02:46:15 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Again..........

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on July 06, 2014, 03:20:28 pm by CrippyCooke »
I'm not too worried about Quinn's comments. He often comes across as volatile and aggressive on Twitter so perhaps we should all take his comments with a pinch of salt.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on July 06, 2014, 03:28:57 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Again..........

It's a difficult one for the club to call though. Do they respond to Quinnys Tweets and potentially get bogged down in a slanging match or just let him have his rants for few days, let him get it out of his system and not dignify it with a response?

Once again I don't envy those that make the decisions at DRFC as no matter what they do someone will take umbridge.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on July 06, 2014, 04:52:44 pm by steve@dcfd »
We have now lost four players, three of which would have been first team regulars and the other a consistent sub at least last year in the Championship. So surely they would have been in our team this year.

Will we get better to replace the four players. We will have to wait and see come 17th July we have been told.

Quinn can be a bit volatile but the passion he showed last year was excellent and Dickov was complementary about him last year so what's changed. I hope the club have not thrown the Dummy out of the cot because he asked for the release clause.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on July 06, 2014, 05:21:22 pm by Wellred »
We have now lost four players, three of which would have been first team regulars and the other a consistent sub at least last year in the Championship. So surely they would have been in our team this year.

Will we get better to replace the four players. We will have to wait and see come 17th July we have been told.

Quinn can be a bit volatile but the passion he showed last year was excellent and Dickov was complementary about him last year so what's changed. I hope the club have not thrown the Dummy out of the cot because he asked for the release clause.

But if he asked for the release clause and he has gone whats to spit his dummy out for?
Sorry but some of these overpaid namby pambies need to grow up.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on July 06, 2014, 09:21:14 pm by The Red Baron »

Again..........

It's a difficult one for the club to call though. Do they respond to Quinnys Tweets and potentially get bogged down in a slanging match or just let him have his rants for few days, let him get it out of his system and not dignify it with a response?

Once again I don't envy those that make the decisions at DRFC as no matter what they do someone will take umbridge.

I'd have thought at the very least they need to confirm that he's left the club.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on July 06, 2014, 10:44:41 pm by wilts rover »
TRB, as Quinn appears unable to pick up the phone to call them about anything, then maybe they dont offically know?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on July 07, 2014, 12:12:25 am by Filo »
This failed to materialise today then

@quinny_14: gonna do a question answer maybe tomorrow clear a few things up regardless of consequences .... and then the haters can have a say...

It's time he packed in the cryptic stuff and put up or shut up!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012