Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 06:55:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Quinn  (Read 26204 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Quinn
« Reply #120 on July 07, 2014, 01:59:56 am by Sammy Chung was King »
TRB, as Quinn appears unable to pick up the phone to call them about anything, then maybe they dont offically know?

The club has probably lost his number,along with the pen to sign players,and the number of the kitmaker to pull their finger out ;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on July 07, 2014, 07:46:24 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Are footballers that sheltered that they can't pick up the phone themselves?  If I wanted to speak to my boss I could text or call them if I wanted to.  I wouldn't wait around for a call - it's bizarre.

I was under the impression he had a contract, be interesting to know what's happened and the terms etc.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on July 07, 2014, 09:01:10 am by Filo »
Are footballers that sheltered that they can't pick up the phone themselves?  If I wanted to speak to my boss I could text or call them if I wanted to.  I wouldn't wait around for a call - it's bizarre.

I was under the impression he had a contract, be interesting to know what's happened and the terms etc.

He failed to pick up the phone last close season as well and didn't turn up for pre season training, so I don't know how he has the cheek to moan about not getting a phone call!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on July 07, 2014, 09:09:30 am by wing commander »
   To me it's immaterial whats happened..The bottom line is we turn up on a Saturday afternoon to watch our team...We expect our players to give us everything they have,full commitment and they can only do that if they are happy,settled and pulling as one...And it isn't a good thing to hear two players describe our club as a bit of a joke..Maybe they weren't the only ones,others who have left may think the same but have the professionalism to offer the standard thanks and move on....It's not a good sign either way...

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on July 07, 2014, 09:26:44 am by Viking Don »
It's obvious PD doesn't fancy him, hence why we got Wabara last season, remember, when everyone suddenly became a Quinn fan (to get Wabara out)?

I just hope that's not who we're replacing him with, unless the lad has improved dramatically.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on July 07, 2014, 09:41:31 am by Dare to dream! »
It's obvious PD doesn't fancy him, hence why we got Wabara last season, remember, when everyone suddenly became a Quinn fan (to get Wabara out)?

I just hope that's not who we're replacing him with, unless the lad has improved dramatically.

I agree with you but I do believe that Quinn changed Dickovs opinion on him with his performers at centre back + Id be happy with Wabara in this league
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:43:48 am by Dare to dream! »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on July 07, 2014, 11:57:02 am by RobTheRover »

But if he asked for the release clause and he has gone whats to spit his dummy out for?
Sorry but some of these overpaid namby pambies need to grow up.

Have you ever thought of going into the motivational speaking game, Barry?

;)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on July 07, 2014, 11:57:42 am by RedJ »
It's obvious PD doesn't fancy him

Well he's not the best looking is he?

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on July 07, 2014, 12:08:58 pm by Donnyrovers »

Quinn isn't good enough at right back for the championship so it is understandable that Dickov looked to bring in another right back. But when Quinn got the chance at centre half he must have impressed Dickov because I think if he didn't Dickov would have probably tried to finish the season with a back four of Neil, Tamas, Meite and Husband.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on July 07, 2014, 12:19:29 pm by RobTheRover »
I think it begs the question of what are we hoping to build.  Under SOD, we were clearly building a squad for the Championship whilst in L1, and Saunders did much the same.

I would hope PD continues to do that.  And if that is the premise, then how many of you would say Quinn would be good enough to play in the Championship next year or the year after that?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on July 07, 2014, 12:25:21 pm by Wellred »

But if he asked for the release clause and he has gone whats to spit his dummy out for?
Sorry but some of these overpaid namby pambies need to grow up.

Have you ever thought of going into the motivational speaking game, Barry?

;)

There are only two words needed to motivate footballers Rob and they are the most used words in Yorkshire.
As far as the players questions are concerned they only know 5 words.
WIIFM

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on July 07, 2014, 12:41:58 pm by Dare to dream! »
I think it begs the question of what are we hoping to build.  Under SOD, we were clearly building a squad for the Championship whilst in L1, and Saunders did much the same.

I would hope PD continues to do that.  And if that is the premise, then how many of you would say Quinn would be good enough to play in the Championship next year or the year after that?

I disagree that Saunders was bulding for the Champ whislt in league one. I think that Saunders was just focused on that season and getting promoted because I doubt we would have entered the champ with the same mindset of having big men and lumping it.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on July 07, 2014, 01:11:49 pm by DRNaith »

I disagree that Saunders was bulding for the Champ whislt in league one. I think that Saunders was just focused on that season and getting promoted because I doubt we would have entered the champ with the same mindset of having big men and lumping it.

I don't remember Cotterill lumping it, but I do remember him running down the wing and providing plenty of assists.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on July 07, 2014, 01:15:46 pm by Dare to dream! »

I don't remember Cotterill lumping it, but I do remember him running down the wing and providing plenty of assists.

Direct Approach then

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on July 07, 2014, 01:17:53 pm by GazLaz »
We scored plenty from set pieces. Cotterill took most of them hence his high assist count. Anything within range went into the box.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on July 07, 2014, 01:23:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I don't believe for a minute that Saunders was building for the Championship with that squad, it was no where near good enough for the Championship and I'm sure it surprised him as much as us that we won the league.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on July 07, 2014, 01:25:34 pm by RedJ »
I remember him using words to the effect of him building a side to suit the division we're in and that he'd do the same in the Championship.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on July 07, 2014, 02:05:02 pm by steve@dcfd »

Let's hope if we are going to sign players for progression into the Championship we start quickly. We appear at the moment to be losing players from pre season training not adding to them. With only 6/7 players who were in the squad of 16 at the end of the season as of this morning.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on July 07, 2014, 11:48:29 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I Wouldn't take too much notice of former employees sticking the boot in,it's only like real life if somebody gets sacked because they are not good enough or whatever,it's always the boss' fault.
Their may be truth in what they say or not,but we won't ever find out,nobodies happy if they are not wanted any more.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on July 09, 2014, 11:47:31 pm by Dare to dream! »

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on July 10, 2014, 12:00:07 am by mushRTID »
Cant see this one ending pretty.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on July 10, 2014, 12:26:21 am by Viking Don »
So basically Quinn activated his release clause, again believing he's too good for DRFC, then starts bleating on twitter when he realises no other club wants him. A bit embarrassing for him.

Get rid, why on earth would we want him back?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on July 10, 2014, 06:38:55 am by jonnydog »
Yeah. Gotta say I totally agree with PD on this. Another player who thinks he's bigger and better, and willing to 'bite the hand that feeds him' to better himself.

Although I thought he did well back end of last season, he clearly doesn't want to be here and has shown a total lack of commitment and disregard to the club, the manager and the fans.

Get shut. Breach of contract, and make HIM buy out of his contract!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 08:49:58 am by jonnydog »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on July 10, 2014, 07:49:32 am by Filo »
That Q&A he promised didn't materialise either, in fact his t**tter account has been unusually silent, I wonder if he thought he would get the fans on his side by tweeting what he did?

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on July 10, 2014, 07:56:44 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Well done to PD for coming out and giving a professional side to the story.  My opinion of Quinn has gone down a lot this pre season

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on July 10, 2014, 08:02:27 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I agree, Dickov said what he said well and Quinn looks a bit silly.  If he wants to go he should go, if he's contracted he should be at training.  Either way, he should not be getting paid anyway.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on July 10, 2014, 08:23:08 am by The Red Baron »
http://footytweets.com/doncaster/news/52117

A scenario:

Quinn (probably prompted by his agent) decides to activate the release clause in his contract, meaning that he becomes a free agent on 30th June.
This is because he believes that he has interest from another club. Unlike Duffy and Brown he hasn't had the good sense to wait until a club has actually made him an offer.
Said interest does not materialise- hence his twitterings about "lack of respect." So he goes back to Rovers and finds that things have "moved on" and that they are in no hurry to take him back. Hence the anguished comment about "loyalty."

I'm sure he'll find another club- he's too good a defender to be out of work for too long- but perhaps he might learn that sometimes it is better to bide your time. He might also want to consider a change of agent.

What was it I said? The only difference seems to be that Dickov is keeping the door open for him. Though personally I think Quinn has burned his boats now.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on July 10, 2014, 08:38:55 am by GazLaz »
He's not they good. That's why he's had no offers.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on July 10, 2014, 08:53:43 am by DRNaith »
Operating a "release clause" doesn't make them a free agent.  They're still contracted to the club, but the club won't make it difficult to leave should another show interest.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on July 10, 2014, 08:57:44 am by Filo »
Operating a "release clause" doesn't make them a free agent.  They're still contracted to the club, but the club won't make it difficult to leave should another show interest.

He should still turn up for work though, until he starts work for another employer, his pay should be suspended and he should be subject to a disciplinary

TinyPortal © 2005-2012