Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 01:00:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It's all gone quiet over where?  (Read 19344 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: It's all gone quiet over where?
« Reply #90 on July 05, 2014, 02:48:22 pm by BobG »
Wesco: you still haven't explianed just what it is that your new lot can do that couldn't be done by the VSC if its elected Board chose. Nor havew you explianed how the influence of either group is maximised by splitting the already tiny support into two parts.

I'm starting to think it's the 'dim' idea rather than the 'agenda' idea that must be in play here.

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on July 05, 2014, 03:04:40 pm by donnybel »
The way it's bloody going there might not be a club in the future. All the points scoring and boring arguments on here will have been a total waste of time. I'm all for a bit of ambition and sucess but look how many clubs have gone t***s up chasing it too hard.  I just want a sustainable club to support. Now doubt some will say I'm negative. Nice to hear your comments Bob and Jonathan.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on July 05, 2014, 03:12:35 pm by hoolahoop »
The way it's bloody going there might not be a club in the future. All the points scoring and boring arguments on here will have been a total waste of time. I'm all for a bit of ambition and sucess but look how many clubs have gone t***s up chasing it too hard.  I just want a sustainable club to support. Now doubt some will say I'm negative. Nice to hear your comments Bob and Jonathan.

I'm "negative" too donnybel seems this club of "negatives" might be somewhat bigger than first thought.
The other lot remind me of the numpties that formed the committees of the Donetsk Independent Republic

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on July 05, 2014, 03:33:17 pm by donnybel »
Well you and me can be negative together then Hoola. I see SC waiting in the wings to help us out with the cash shortage. Just hope I don't see a Coventry happening!! By the way, how are you keeping at the moment?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on July 05, 2014, 03:43:27 pm by Filo »
OK then, we've all indulged in getting things off our chests, me included, I'm as guilty as anyone, but this political infighting is doing more harm than good, the different factions have to come together for the common good of Doncaster Rovers, we can have different opinions, we can disagree but do we have to have all this posturing? Again I include myself when I say that, lets all grow up a bit and behave like the adults what we are, keep threads on topic, have a laugh, use a bit of humour, take the piss a little and get back to what we're supposed to do, support the club. Threads will be locked otherwise, and that is not censorship, it's an attempt to try and bring back some sanity to this place. Agreed?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on July 05, 2014, 03:54:56 pm by Sad-Rovers »
OK then, we've all indulged in getting things off our chests, me included, I'm as guilty as anyone, but this political infighting is doing more harm than good, the different factions have to come together for the common good of Doncaster Rovers, we can have different opinions, we can disagree but do we have to have all this posturing? Again I include myself when I say that, lets all grow up a bit and behave like the adults what we are, keep threads on topic, have a laugh, use a bit of humour, take the piss a little and get back to what we're supposed to do, support the club. Threads will be locked otherwise, and that is not censorship, it's an attempt to try and bring back some sanity to this place. Agreed?

Agreed. Whatever peoples opinions of the DRSG or the VSC they're both ran by fans, for no reward, attempting to improve things for fellow supporters. As I've said before the DRSG not a protest vote for those that dislike the VSC for whatever reason, both Lee and I remain committed members of the VSC in addition to helping to run the DRSG.

Let's TRY to keep things civil. I'm a big believer in not saying things online that I wouldn't be happy to say to peoples face. I'll happily debate anything Donny Rovers with people regardless of which side of the fence they sit without the need to sling about personal insults and I'm more than happy to meet people for a chat face to face as I'm sure Martin can attest.

Hopefully this'll draw a line under matters and we can try to avoid making things quite so personal.

Neil.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on July 05, 2014, 06:57:31 pm by wesisback »
Speaking personally I don't think I have. I actually have respect for the fact you haven't tried to use our forum as it would easily be an easy target in our early weeks. Do you agree Glynn that our input may be a valid source in the coming months as a DRFC supporter?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on July 05, 2014, 07:35:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Speaking personally I don't think I have. I actually have respect for the fact you haven't tried to use our forum as it would easily be an easy target in our early weeks. Do you agree Glynn that our input may be a valid source in the coming months as a DRFC supporter?

Yes, it may be and I've no gripe about you wanting to do it as an organisation that tries to give fans a voice separately to a co-operative trust which may not be everybody's cup of tea.

However, for your committee members to come on here (and other websites) and make personal remarks about VSC members...and then suggest a 'truce' as if we're somehow lowering ourselves to the same level of conduct just staggers me! You don't need a 'truce' - just stop it and the problem solves itself. Maybe even the people doing it will be eventually more respected, and maybe, just maybe, people might not be put off from joining you because of how your committee members are going about things.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 07:39:02 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on July 05, 2014, 07:53:15 pm by Filo »
We're not going to have a stand off as to who has the last word are we?

Lets just agree to get on and respect everyone and have a bit of sanity on here

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on July 05, 2014, 07:56:00 pm by wesisback »
I actually agree Glynn!  There needs to be less of it. I firmly believe there is a purpose of the newly formed DRSG. Just the same as there is a purpose for  the VSC which I'm willing to back up with membership. I'd just like to request that in that it is seen as a true indication of my opinion or of our relationship going forward.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on July 05, 2014, 08:12:35 pm by hoolahoop »
Well you and me can be negative together then Hoola. I see SC waiting in the wings to help us out with the cash shortage. Just hope I don't see a Coventry happening!! By the way, how are you keeping at the moment?

Thanks for asking, in hospital again for op. in Birmingham.
Had the supposed 2/3 he on Monday.........it lasted 7 1/2 hrs ! Now I have contracted something related to MRSA and am trying to sort this fecker out as well as heal from the plastic surgery to my spine.
Last time it was E-COLI to sort out......bloody Birmingham !!!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on July 06, 2014, 10:19:07 am by Jonathan »
Meanwhile, this utter shambles of a close season rolls on, with Quinn the latest departure.

Even those with the most unrelenting faith must surely see that something's not right. No matter who we bring in after 17th July, we're going into next season with a handicap. Fractured spirit (on and off the pitch) and farcical 'preparation.'

For the last two summers now the club has been messed about. The lack of thought for the supporters in all of this is astounding. I don't want to be bullshitted to about how we're going to be bigger than Manchester United, I want to know what's actually planned for the club.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on July 06, 2014, 11:17:27 am by bpoolrover »
Very good post filo,can't see the point in name calling and why not see what the start of the season brings

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
All gone quiet
« Reply #103 on July 06, 2014, 11:29:04 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm sure these are uncertain times for everyone connected with the club. We're all waiting for what will be a defining moment in the club's history. Hard facts are hard to find so anything being put in to the public arena is being scrutinised for clues that might tell us more about the future. Doesn't matter whether you're all for the JR/LT partnership or need further assurances, we'll be relieved to get back to what we do best as fans.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on July 06, 2014, 10:35:04 pm by BobG »
Still haveno idea what this DSCG thing is offering.

How much in fighting is going on inside the club btw?

BobG

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on July 14, 2014, 09:31:40 am by Yargo »
Joncaster still isn't getting any answers,no mention from Thinwhiteduke of any Facebook posts nor any from the one so eager to tell us of his messages from Steve Uttley received on the same site,and the two sycophants have gone very remarkably quiet,i wonder why?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on July 14, 2014, 09:40:07 am by wesisback »
We're still here Yargo. We've just been very busy of late and are focusing on our other venture. Had a number of website issues this weekend that have taken some rectifying. I'll still be posting occasionally here as a member of the trust but there hasn't really been much to add of late.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on July 14, 2014, 10:02:31 am by Yargo »
We're still here Yargo. We've just been very busy of late and are focusing on our other venture. Had a number of website issues this weekend that have taken some rectifying. I'll still be posting occasionally here as a member of the trust but there hasn't really been much to add of late.
Don't these clowns realise,its not what you say it's what you don't say,aren't you just a little worried by the two sycophants silence?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on July 14, 2014, 10:03:54 am by bpoolrover »
I'm not quite sure what is wrong with that reply or am I missing something

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on July 14, 2014, 11:29:40 am by steve@dcfd »
Don't these clowns realise,its not what you say it's what you don't say,aren't you just a little worried by the two sycophants silence?

I with blackpool I cannot see anything wrong with the reply.

The next news should come from the owners after the 18th whether it's new or existing then as fans of DRFC we will all know what the plan is for the future.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on July 14, 2014, 11:53:00 am by Yargo »

The next news should come from the owners after the 18th whether it's new or existing then as fans of DRFC we will all know what the plan is for the future.
The silence is deafening cannot you grasp that?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on July 14, 2014, 12:53:34 pm by bpoolrover »
Take it ur looking to disagree with someone

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on July 14, 2014, 01:02:29 pm by Jonathan »
I'm reluctant to say the silence is 'deafening' before finding out what this date of 18th July is supposed to bring about (the purpose of this post was to try and find out but it's clear that we don't actually know yet).

There are sporadic signs of promise, for example Coppinger agreeing the the principal of a new contract, and the suggestion that we've promised somebody a better contract than Crawley were willing to offer. However at this stage it's difficult to bridge the gap between those snippets, and the stated aim of promotion and ultimately becoming bigger than Manchester United.

The silence is certainly unusual, and not in keeping with the expected wave of One Direction publicity, or John Ryan's previous way of operating. Whether all that changes at the end of the week, we'll see. I'd have rather known and understood what we're waiting for, but if the end justifies the means then hopefully we can all be pleased with the outcome. As long as it's for the good of the club (which I realise we can't make any kind of judgement on yet as we don't know what it is) then we can only be happy.   

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on July 14, 2014, 01:06:28 pm by bpoolrover »
It is quiet yes but is that not what a lot of people on here wanted,jr not to come out saying stuff and others saying having lt on board would be embarrassing,there is still 4 weeks till the season starts and I'm sure we will have a good enough team to compete then

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on July 14, 2014, 01:09:46 pm by Yargo »
Well i would but the two sycophants have vanished from internet land and we don't any longer have Thinwhiteduke informing us of his Facebook postings,so all we are left with are the kiddies and their new toy

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on July 14, 2014, 01:26:44 pm by steve@dcfd »

The silence is deafening cannot you grasp that?

Yes the lack of structured information regarding the club leaves you thinking the worst, but if we have to wait till the 18th then we wait, it's not good. But if contracts have not been exchanged, as I was informed last week on here then its up to the existing owners and CEO to inform of any situation  change until the new owners are officially in charge or not.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on July 14, 2014, 02:51:47 pm by BigH »
Funny to think how the timeline surrounding the future of our club and the implications for driving next season's league campaign revolve around the holiday dates of one or two lawyers!

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on July 14, 2014, 02:56:16 pm by wesisback »
Well i would but the two sycophants have vanished from internet land and we don't any longer have Thinwhiteduke informing us of his Facebook postings,so all we are left with are the kiddies and their new toy
Who are you referring to by 'the two sycophants'?

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on July 14, 2014, 03:02:45 pm by Yargo »
Not you and if you don't know there's no point saying,those that know do and that is enough

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on July 14, 2014, 03:19:00 pm by wesisback »
Well I believe one of them has been silenced on this forum so won't have the right of reply. Neither of them have disappeared from Internet land. Drop me a message and I'll point you in their direction.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:25:59 pm by wesco1986 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012