Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 03:16:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rob Jones  (Read 11435 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Re: Rob Jones
« Reply #30 on August 20, 2014, 09:29:12 am by Donnyjim »
When he got the all clear on the rovers player interview, if you watch he keeps scratching his head. A sure sign someone is hiding something.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 20, 2014, 10:05:34 am by The Red Baron »
Sorry to say it looked like exactly the same problem that he had last season. He'd clearly felt something go in his neck and then lost feeling in his arm. It doesn't look good, I'm afraid.  :(

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 20, 2014, 10:11:20 am by Scooter »

When you bang the neck up like Jones did,most of the time it's never the same,can anybody remember Ian Measham retiring with something similar?

Didn't he break his neck at Torquay?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 20, 2014, 10:18:38 am by The Red Baron »

When you bang the neck up like Jones did,most of the time it's never the same,can anybody remember Ian Measham retiring with something similar?

Didn't he break his neck at Torquay?

He did. He made a brief comeback over 12 months later  but retired soon after.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 20, 2014, 10:27:51 am by elmsallrover »
I seam to remember that 1 of the reasons he had to finish was due to the cost of insurance

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 20, 2014, 11:13:43 am by The Red Baron »
Interesting interview with Ian Measham from a few years back:

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s37/st92814.htm

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 20, 2014, 03:47:30 pm by ravenrover »
Rob was being treated right in front of us, he was telling the doctor about the tingling in his arm and fingers but was insisting he could go back on. The Doc made the decision for him, brave man, it did look pretty bad for Rob. I fear for his future playing career but hope for the best.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 20, 2014, 04:04:05 pm by RedArmy »
If he does call it a day. I'll be the first to thank him for his efforts especially THAT season THEM goals, Stevenage sticks out to me. Just hope it isn't the end and I look forward as will many to seeing him stood in the technical area the manager of Rovers when his time comes as I'm sure it will.  :rtid:

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 20, 2014, 04:45:00 pm by PDX_Rover »
Perhaps getting him involved with the development team was a very shrewd move, knowing that this injury could resurface at any point. What a leader.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 20, 2014, 05:35:19 pm by roversdude »
Really hope he can come back from it but not at the expense of long term health

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 20, 2014, 07:19:50 pm by idler »
The way that he was holding his left arm was exactly how he left the field during the warm up pre- Brighton.  :(

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 20, 2014, 08:05:37 pm by the vicar »
Rob was being treated right in front of us, he was telling the doctor about the tingling in his arm and fingers but was insisting he could go back on. The Doc made the decision for him, brave man, it did look pretty bad for Rob. I fear for his future playing career but hope for the best.
the tingling in hi arm and fingers normally mean a banged nerve or tramped nerve would not usually get that from i break like he had last time

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 21, 2014, 11:45:22 am by ravenrover »
the tingling in hi arm and fingers normally mean a banged nerve or tramped nerve would not usually get that from i break like he had last time
We're talking about the damage to his neck affecting his arm Vicar as it did last time

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 21, 2014, 01:31:08 pm by Wild Rover »
Good News, MUSCLE Injury.

Doncaster Rovers FC ‏@drfc_official  · 23m 
PD "positive news on Rob Jones. its only a muscle injury"

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:40:50 pm by Wild Rover »

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 21, 2014, 01:36:41 pm by DRNaith »

Really??? Flipping heck, great news - well, far better news than was feared!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 21, 2014, 01:46:27 pm by dknward2 »
Good news fingers crossed hes ok for weekend

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 21, 2014, 02:08:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Massive bonus if that's correct.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 21, 2014, 02:11:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I definitely sympathise with him. I've had neck problems for 25 years since some bell end drove into the back of me up by Crookhill Golf Course and gave me whiplash. The joints are a bit unstable and every one in a while, a muscle spasms round them. Have a couple of days of feeling that death would be preferable to the pain, it's so intense.

I'm assuming that his muscle injury is not that severe, or he would have been totally incapacitated, hard f**ker that he may be. Presumably he's just had a little twinge that has tightened up a joint and nagged at the nerve. Hopefully it'll just be a few days to let the muscle loosen off and he should be OK.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 21, 2014, 02:35:23 pm by bedale rover »
Muscle injuries don't cause tingling down your arm
That can only come because your nerve pathway is compromised

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 21, 2014, 02:42:51 pm by the vicar »
that is what i said ages ago

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 21, 2014, 03:39:49 pm by roversam »
A doctor as well as a man of the cloth lol

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 21, 2014, 04:07:04 pm by wing commander »
  It's rare I agree with the Vicar..but on this I do...Having had a disc out my back I've been left with nerve damage and its bloody painfull and it doesn't stem from strained muscles...Also anybody who has suffered trapped nerves in the back and neck know that even when the nerve free's itself it takes a long time to settle down again...I hope to god its just a muscle strain but it looked a lot worse than that to me...

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 21, 2014, 05:29:38 pm by glosterred »

So, still indestructible  - Is he Captain Scarlett in disguise? Or is Rob Jones Captain Scarlett?

COYR

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 21, 2014, 07:49:35 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
A bang on a nerve can cause tingling, and a swollen muscle can cause tingling if it then either presses on the nerve itself or the swelling causes movement of other structures that press on the nerves.

Rob has a problem that wasn't "cured" but patched up in the best way possible, and it's likely that if there was nerve trouble from the previous injury then there will likely be an ongoing, possible lifetime, vulnerability to that nerve not being in the perfect place and being susceptible to the egs I mention above.

Sorry for supporting the welcomed positive news that it is merely a muscle injury  :whistle:

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 21, 2014, 10:21:54 pm by Dutch Uncle »

So, still indestructible  - Is he Captain Scarlett in disguise? Or is Rob Jones Captain Scarlett?

COYR

It's a mysteron to me   :chair:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 21, 2014, 11:24:31 pm by jonnydog »
Thing is, whether it's muscular or nerve related, if he plays on as we all hope he does then yeah, on one hand it's brilliant however 1 or 2 things do concern me. Naturally Rob is going to panic/be cautious at the slightest sensation, and understandably so as neck/back injuries are not to be ignored. He was clearly worried/gutted if he was teary as some reports suggested on Tuesday night. Therefore will this mean that Rob:-

1.) Doesn't head the ball as much - which is his major strength, and a massive asset, especially for corners (at both ends!)
2.) Doesn't go in for every ball with no caution to danger (remember the egged-head, cuts and blood t'other season?)
3.) Naturally worry with every twinge and crick. No one can fault him for this but, if we sub him as a precautionary measure every time it happens, is it going to knacker our tactics/game etc... As well as use 1 sub up. (Which on Tuesday was right at the beginning of the game).

We all love Rob, and his passion, strength, commitment and being a right 'ard bas**rd however, he is not a machine and potential affects of a reoccurrence of this injury could ruin more than his career.

He needs to be sensible, and Rovers need to be realistic.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:26:34 pm by jonnydog »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 21, 2014, 11:28:04 pm by the vicar »
We're talking about the damage to his neck affecting his arm Vicar as it did last time
so what did i say lol

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 21, 2014, 11:32:04 pm by the vicar »
A doctor as well as a man of the cloth lol
i used to be the physio for rovers reserves & juniors Frickley and the Dons and other sports organisations

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 21, 2014, 11:34:52 pm by Mike_F »
I've been to the quack today with tingling little fingers in both hands which I've had for a few weeks after a slight neck injury. His diagnosis was swollen muscles putting pressure on the nerves, nothing more serious and he prescribed some anti inflammatory tablets. Hopefully it's the same issue for RJ.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 22, 2014, 09:19:41 am by DRNaith »
Come on, who hasn't had a tingling sensation when they've had a swollen muscle?  :whistle:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012