Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 12:31:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: taxi for dickov?  (Read 15398 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: taxi for dickov?
« Reply #90 on September 02, 2014, 09:25:19 pm by graingrover »
I am leaving the forum because it spoils my enjoyment of supporting Rovers The negativism on here this last year explains the very reasons for our form in front of our home crowd . How I wish we had all our away supporters in  one part of Keepmoat and on this forum.   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on September 02, 2014, 09:56:00 pm by Donny Viking »
No one ideally. Id like to see Dickov show what a good manager he is. That would mean us being at the right end of the table. But after the Port Vale and Oldham displays, something needs to be addressed and im not sure he has the answer. Were too good for this league but need the tactical edge and guidance to get us firing. People say he has a big task after an uncertain summer, but is this team any worse, and are the competition any better than our last season in league One?

Dowie, Parkinson and McDermott would be viable and suitable alternatives if a change was made.

I disagree, we're consistently inconsistent. We need a prolific goalscorer who is able to play off Forrester and our defence is very weak. We need a solid, young, injury free centre back along with Luke McCullough (who is inconsistent) and a full back who has an end product e.g. a decent cross which can beat the first man.

I'm going to predict a finish between 8th and 12th for us this season and Dickov will still be our manager next year unless he leaves for bigger & better (like Saunders).

My opinion of course.
Everybody needs a prolific goalscorer - you don't just go into Tesco's and buy one, they are quite hard to find on our budget.  I think in Main and Tyson we have the chance of having one.

I think we need to be realistic, if you assume average crowds = income = money for squad = final league position - on this basis we are 8 - 12th in league one.  That doesn't mean I don't hope for more, and I really think with the squad Dickov has pulled together in quite ridiculous circumstance, we should achieve more this year.  We shouldn't then sack him because of 2 home performances and the squad he miraculously pulls together doesn't immediately deliver, its a young squad and he's still a young manager.  Give him and the squad time.   Support them all  season no matter what, and then at the end of the season judge them and pass sentence.  As fans we cant offer more.  It's a marathon not a sprint. 

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on September 03, 2014, 06:28:10 am by GazLaz »
We still have the same centre halves as we had two years ago though

They are both over 30 and coming back from the best part of a season out with career threatening injuries.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on September 03, 2014, 09:32:04 am by Viking Don »
Personally, even though I still don't rate Dickov so far, I think he has to be given ten games before thinking about sacking him. I think he should be given the chance to turn the home form around. If we're still as shite at the end of October then he has to go, it's the home games that keep Rovers ticking over and if we don't perform at home people won't go, and who could blame them at that price?

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on September 03, 2014, 10:13:43 am by bobbymax »
I am leaving the forum because it spoils my enjoyment of supporting Rovers The negativism on here this last year explains the very reasons for our form in front of our home crowd . How I wish we had all our away supporters in  one part of Keepmoat and on this forum.   
Unfortunately, a vocal part of our away 'support' don't seem able to offer the same level of support at the Keepmoat. Strange one that! 

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on September 03, 2014, 10:14:48 am by Donny Viking »
Personally, even though I still don't rate Dickov so far, I think he has to be given ten games before thinking about sacking him. I think he should be given the chance to turn the home form around. If we're still as shite at the end of October then he has to go, it's the home games that keep Rovers ticking over and if we don't perform at home people won't go, and who could blame them at that price?
See BST figures on page 3 - Dickovs figures are no worse/better than SO'd or DS.  We are getting confused between what we believe our home form should be and what we should realistically expect.  A big factor in the Oldham and to some extent the Port Vale game was the early goal conceded, set pieces!.  We then struggled to break teams down and create chances.  We have to sort out defending from set pieces, is this a coaching issue??  Dickov can only take so much blame, the players and coaches have responsibilities to - and getting rid of Dickov may not remove the underlying cause of the problems.  The defense is young, give them time, encourage and have faith - it will come good, :thumbsup: trust me   

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on September 03, 2014, 10:22:25 am by Donny Viking »
graingrover stay with us, we can do this!  don't let the negativity spoil your enjoyment - challenge it or just laugh and let them wind themselves up till they explode.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on September 03, 2014, 03:49:29 pm by les@donr »
All we need is love....love is all you need.

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on September 03, 2014, 10:21:21 pm by bfdoncaster west »
wot manger wood you get

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on September 03, 2014, 10:25:21 pm by colincramb »
We still have the same centre halves as we had two years ago though

They are both over 30 and coming back from the best part of a season out with career threatening injuries.

Exactly Gaz. Some people appear to be neglecting that fact

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on September 03, 2014, 10:27:21 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
wot manger wood you get

Sweet baby Jesus and his little donkey.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on September 04, 2014, 08:52:29 am by BRMC_rover »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on September 04, 2014, 09:30:47 am by The Red Baron »
wot manger wood you get

Mangers are generally made of wood. As we are a better team on the road maybe we should all singg "Away in a Manger."

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on September 04, 2014, 09:32:18 am by BRMC_rover »
wot manger wood you get

Mangers are generally made of wood. As we are a better team on the road maybe we should all singg "Away in a Manger."

Made of wood? So we need Brian Flynn back in the hotseat.

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on September 04, 2014, 09:48:04 am by Derby Viking »
Is the clue in the question? Is it Clive Woodward?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on September 05, 2014, 06:58:16 pm by les@donr »
Sammy, are you now the Donny Disco Dancing Diva :laugh:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on September 06, 2014, 08:50:33 am by roversdude »
See BST figures on page 3 - Dickovs figures are no worse/better than SO'd or DS.  We are getting confused between what we believe our home form should be and what we should realistically expect.  A big factor in the Oldham and to some extent the Port Vale game was the early goal conceded, set pieces!.  We then struggled to break teams down and create chances.  We have to sort out defending from set pieces, is this a coaching issue??  Dickov can only take so much blame, the players and coaches have responsibilities to - and getting rid of Dickov may not remove the underlying cause of the problems.  The defense is young, give them time, encourage and have faith - it will come good, :thumbsup: trust me   

Best post I've read on here

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on September 06, 2014, 08:59:05 pm by Donny Viking »

Best post I've read on here
thank you kind sir!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on September 06, 2014, 09:10:31 pm by PDX_Rover »
Stupid thread, this.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on September 13, 2014, 04:59:58 pm by Donnyjim »
Out of his depth I'm afraid. Not for the first time. Where do you start? Team selection? Formation? Reactive substitions? Bottom half manager. History has dictated this.

As I was saying...

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on September 13, 2014, 05:04:01 pm by nice one rovers »
Tuesday will be better.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on September 13, 2014, 05:04:39 pm by dknward2 »
Would like to say give it ten games but after having a few weeks away to sort out previous result poor game etc nothing has changed the clock is now ticking and the fat lady is doing warm ups

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on September 13, 2014, 05:06:27 pm by TheFunk »
I'm beginning to think that JR had lost his touch in choosing managers.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on September 13, 2014, 05:09:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on September 13, 2014, 05:10:41 pm by nice one rovers »

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on September 13, 2014, 05:10:57 pm by Iberian Red »
With straw and cattle nearby

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on September 13, 2014, 05:11:29 pm by nice one rovers »
What manger wud you get?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on September 13, 2014, 05:11:58 pm by pib »

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on September 13, 2014, 05:19:32 pm by MrWoodySir »
I'm beginning to think that JR had lost his touch in choosing managers.
And yet TB isn't doing anything about it, lets not go down the 'It's Ryan's fault!'

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on September 13, 2014, 05:20:54 pm by Red wizard »
Time to go paul. I've backed you but we are just showing no signs of getting better. DICKOV OUT.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012