Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 09:17:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: food standards again!  (Read 6395 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: food standards again!
« Reply #30 on September 04, 2014, 09:59:28 pm by BobG »
Some decent soup would help. Dead easy to make. Dead easy to keep warm. Dead easy to serve. Ask Kidderminster for their recipe. Stick a slab of bread with it and you could charge 2 or 3 quid a pop.

Where did imagination go?

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 05, 2014, 06:56:17 pm by les@donr »
...or Cambridge's Bacon Butties.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 05, 2014, 08:17:58 pm by River Don »
Some decent soup would help. Dead easy to make. Dead easy to keep warm. Dead easy to serve. Ask Kidderminster for their recipe. Stick a slab of bread with it and you could charge 2 or 3 quid a pop.

BobG

Dead easy... For them. Take plastic cup containing cuppa soup. Tear off foil lid. Add scalding hot water. Serve. Hotter than the sun!

Charge two or three quid.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:21:32 pm by River Don »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 05, 2014, 08:20:49 pm by Dagenham Rover »

BobG

Dead easy... For them. Take plastic cup containing cuppa soup. Tear off foil lid. Add scalding hot water. Serve. Hotter than the sun!

Scolding hot water at the Keepmoat ....give over

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 05, 2014, 08:26:45 pm by River Don »
The last thing I ordered at the keepmoat food counter was a Bovril/oxo/beef tea beverage that skinned the inside of my mouth. I'm not complaining really, better hot than cold and the cups are well insulated so you don't burn your fingers.

But I do accept that on the next counter the same thing might be served tepid.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 05, 2014, 09:29:18 pm by NickDRFC »
I am wondering if the VSC should suggest to the powers that be that the standard is so bloody awful that they, the VSCm, are thinking of organising a boycott of the food outlets.

I know that would run counter to all sorts of things and relationships, but the VSC is, ultimately, here, at least in part, to represent the views of us punters. This shambles has been going on more than long enough. Despite all the 'bringing to the attention', suddenly, nothing has happened. And that is not only pissing off a lot of supporters and costing the club good money it is also clearly on the way to driving customers away. I wouldn't bring my lad to the KM. He likes his grub. He'd never forgive me if I bought him some of that shit. How many more tickets are being lost?

BobG

Unbelievable. You won't take your son to a football match to watch your team because you're scared he won't like the food on offer? Either you or he, or both, have lost the plot.

Twinkletoes

« Reply #36 on September 05, 2014, 09:50:28 pm by Twinkletoes »
     Twinkletoes if I wouldn't already have had conversations with the club and Centreplate I would have come...However it didn't really take long to realise there was little appetite for change..The club are far from happy but realise by the terms of the contract theres little they can do..something I hope they learn from next time..And Centreplate make the right noises and do a bit of firefighting for a week or so but the likely scenario is,it hasn't worked out and they are doing the bare minimum till the end of the contract were they will walk away...Everything else is just noise and bluster...
I totally see where your coming from. It was my second meeting with Centreplate and I went for a few reasons but the main one being that at my first meeting with them they listened to what I had to say and acted on it. So I belived in them and still do to a degree. They are trying to get it right, but as you say they are tied up in a contract (does anyone know when it ends?) and have to stay for the duration. But I still think they should bring back the pie and a pint deal in the BVB and Dot. What happened to her? We could do with a few more Dots if you ask me.  :thumbsup:

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 06, 2014, 03:18:31 pm by CraigyBoy »
Remind me again what irwt did inre the fans experience.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 06, 2014, 03:41:13 pm by Drover »
Blackburn's Food last season was pretty good,Decent burgers and decent sized portion of chips for what I would consider average prices at Footy grounds.If certain clubs can do it the there is no excuse whatsoever for the others(including centreplate) who serve poor,cold,tiny or mega expensive food and drinks in their grounds?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 06, 2014, 05:03:50 pm by Wellred »
It seems to me that the only clubs who serve decent food are the ones that do it themselves.
If a club really cared about its fans it would take some responsibility to give them as best as possible an enjoyable experience whilst at the ground.
Giving a contract out to a company purely on a financial basis seems to be abdicating responsibility.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on September 06, 2014, 06:44:21 pm by The Red Baron »

I don't remember those, but they used to do a great hot-dog at the Abbey Stadium.

Whenever I go to Solihull Moors the burger van does a roaring trade throughout the game. Having sampled one I can see why.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 06, 2014, 11:25:30 pm by BobG »
That's a bloody good point Wellred.  I don't have evidence to say if it's true, but it is something I've wondered for aeons.

BobG

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Food
« Reply #42 on September 07, 2014, 08:35:54 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The pros and cons of catering of contracts are not that difficult to work out folks. Think about the risks of the alternatives. Don't get me wrong I'd love to explore the alternatives as I hate the manopoly of these arrangements. The KM should be a beacon of the best Doncastrians can offer.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 07, 2014, 09:50:35 am by keith79 »
hartlepool do great hotdogs

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 13, 2014, 08:44:59 pm by Leebtyler »
So what we have learned here is the caterers don't care at all, fine, I'll bring my own food and drink from now on. The only people losing are the club in the long run.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012