Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 09:25:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: food standards again!  (Read 6390 times)

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
food standards again!
« on August 31, 2014, 09:33:52 am by Leebtyler »
It seems not long ago we had really good burgers, tasted great, had tomato and real cheese.

What I sampled on Tuesday gone and yesterday was nothing short of appalling.

There was a half effort at a cheese slice, I'm not entirely sure because it looked like it had given up half way through production and  someone had eaten it.

There was no tomato, and  the burger itself had been deep fried, one end was dry and stale and inedible, the rest was also dry, hard and quite frankly disgusting, this is on two occasions now in the east stand, it's not acceptable.

Im not going to complain about the staff who served me, that looked frankly like they couldn't care less.

Can someone raise this with the club and caterers asap, its beyond poor.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Re: food standards again!
« Reply #1 on August 31, 2014, 09:35:04 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Oh no!

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 31, 2014, 09:56:32 am by SLO@DRFC »
It seems not long ago we had really good burgers, tasted great, had tomato and real cheese.

There was a half effort at a cheese slice, I'm not entirely sure because it looked like it had given up half way through production and  someone had eaten it.

There was no tomato, and  the burger itself had been deep fried, one end was dry and stale and inedible, the rest was also dry, hard and quite frankly disgusting, this is on two occasions now in the east stand, it's not acceptable.

Im not going to complain about the staff who served me, that looked frankly like they couldn't care less.

Lee we will pass on your feedback to Centerplate tomorrow and update you as to their response.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 31, 2014, 10:13:35 am by keith79 »
just a thought if it was no good why didn't you take it back instead of moaning about it on here.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 31, 2014, 10:15:06 am by Dagenham Rover »

Lee we will pass on your feedback to Centerplate tomorrow and update you as to their response.

and Centreplates response will be

"Having attended a meeting today with Centerplate today, we can confirm that there will be eight additional till points around the stadium (two in each stand).  They will also increase cook levels.

With regards to the BVB, there will be 10 members of staff serving in the bar and a four queue system will be introduced to help alleviate the issues that occurred on Saturday.

Centerplate will continue to monitor the situation and make changes where applicable to enhance the customer experience."

;) ;)

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 31, 2014, 11:11:13 am by dknward2 »
Nothing will change until people vote with their feet and stop buying the shit they think is acceptable

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 31, 2014, 11:40:45 am by The Red Baron »
Nothing will change until people vote with their feet and stop buying the shit they think is acceptable

Change "buying" to "watching" and you might be talking about the team!  ;)

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 31, 2014, 12:49:45 pm by SLO@DRFC »

Lee

Can you also PM us the details of which kiosk it was that you bought the burger from.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 31, 2014, 01:34:19 pm by keith79 »
if everyone who was not happy with there food or drink purchase took it back they would take notice

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 31, 2014, 10:05:36 pm by Leebtyler »
It was the east stand kiosk first one as you enter.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 01, 2014, 11:12:56 am by Colin C No.3 »
Why do we only have one kiosk selling draught beer?

And don't tell me it's because of falling gates due to relegation. People still not getting served in West Stand before 2nd half kicks off!

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 01, 2014, 01:56:50 pm by LincsRover »
Or south stand unless you go down there on 35 mins!  :headbang:

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 01, 2014, 11:43:20 pm by DaveOfDonny »
At the Port Vale game, we were queuing up for a good 15 mins, got to the front, no food left and was told to go to another bar, when I said to the lad who was serving 'why couldn't you have told us there was no food left?', he ignored me and moved on the the next disappointed customer. I went to another bar, stood for another 5 mins (missed first few mins of second half), got to the front, only thing left was an overpriced burger, so I had that, only to find it was stone cold and disgusting.

So yes, very disappointing, disorganised and horrible food (when they stock it!). I will not be eating there again, I'll just bring a butty from home, at least that way I won't get food poisoning!

On a positive note, we lost, which made it all worth while... 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:52:24 pm by DaveOfDonny »

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 01, 2014, 11:48:44 pm by jonnydog »
w**k, all w**k!

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 02, 2014, 09:02:04 pm by Drover »
if everyone who was not happy with there food or drink purchase took it back they would take notice

Not really,the serving staff might say sorry its not to your liking and give you a refund and thats it.Many will walk away and vow never to buy one there again,that will not bother the serving staff.It needs to be brought to the attention of higher up the staff to have any action taken,hence I recommend fans with poor food service do exactly the same as Lee and bring to SLO's attention here.That what fan engagement is for.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 02, 2014, 10:32:56 pm by BobG »
I am wondering if the VSC should suggest to the powers that be that the standard is so bloody awful that they, the VSCm, are thinking of organising a boycott of the food outlets.

I know that would run counter to all sorts of things and relationships, but the VSC is, ultimately, here, at least in part, to represent the views of us punters. This shambles has been going on more than long enough. Despite all the 'bringing to the attention', suddenly, nothing has happened. And that is not only pissing off a lot of supporters and costing the club good money it is also clearly on the way to driving customers away. I wouldn't bring my lad to the KM. He likes his grub. He'd never forgive me if I bought him some of that shit. How many more tickets are being lost?

BobG

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 02, 2014, 10:43:41 pm by keith79 »
thats what people should do go get a refund if the food is crap.

Twinkletoes

« Reply #17 on September 03, 2014, 09:32:32 pm by Twinkletoes »
I think the VSC met up with the club only last week about catering issues. Thread on here somewhere.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 03, 2014, 10:38:13 pm by BobG »
There was and they did Twinkle. But that don't mean it has to be the end of the story.

BobG

Twinkletoes

« Reply #19 on September 04, 2014, 06:56:30 am by Twinkletoes »
I know and it never ever will be! I think catering at the KM will always be an issue. You can please some of the people  etc etc etc.
Having tried in vain, to help get it sorted, my conclusion is that, people are bothered about it, and moan about it.  They have been given numerous opportunities to have their say. But getting of their bottoms and away from their keyboards proved too much like hard work.
We have what we have. It's a quick snack at the footy on a Saturday afternoon, not an evening dinner. In addition it's better than a lot of away grounds I've been to.
Dean and his team have a huge task feeding the thousands. They are a business and there to make money. So let them get on with it. People will always buy the offerings be them good or bad. They don't always get it right but were not all perfect. They do listen and they do care to a degree, but do they act? No not always, but why should they, the tills are still ringing.
So to Dean and his team, keep up the good work (just bring the pie and a pint for a fiver deal back to the BVB along with Dot) I'm happy.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 04, 2014, 07:32:49 am by Sheepskin Stu »
I know and it never ever will be! I think catering at the KM will always be an issue. You can please some of the people  etc etc etc.
Having tried in vain, to help get it sorted, my conclusion is that, people are bothered about it, and moan about it.  They have been given numerous opportunities to have their say. But getting of their bottoms and away from their keyboards proved too much like hard work.
We have what we have. It's a quick snack at the footy on a Saturday afternoon, not an evening dinner. In addition it's better than a lot of away grounds I've been to.
Dean and his team have a huge task feeding the thousands. They are a business and there to make money. So let them get on with it. People will always buy the offerings be them good or bad. They don't always get it right but were not all perfect. They do listen and they do care to a degree, but do they act? No not always, but why should they, the tills are still ringing.
So to Dean and his team, keep up the good work (just bring the pie and a pint for a fiver deal back to the BVB along with Dot) I'm happy.

That was a party political broadcast by the Centreplate Party.

Twinkletoes

« Reply #21 on September 04, 2014, 07:35:16 am by Twinkletoes »

That was a party political broadcast by the Centreplate Party.
Trust you!! Very good.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 04, 2014, 09:52:57 am by wing commander »
   Twinkletoes you will have a impossible job convincing many on here that Dean gives a monkey's chuff tbh...Talks a good game..delivers nothing...

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 04, 2014, 01:22:26 pm by Jenny »
What a load of rubbish....

I agree, they are a business, and they are there to make money, but it doesn't take a genius to work out if they provided a better service then they would make money money. Common sense. They seem to have none.

As for things proving to be too much hard work and folk are only here to complain from their keyboards.... many people have tried to get through to our caterers that they provide an appauling service and they listen but don't act in a satisfactory manner. So why should people waste even more of their time just to be fobbed off?

We have many communication inroads into the club, the SLO's, the VSC, DRSG - they are all there to act on fans concerns (or so they claim), so surely bringing it to their attention should be sufficient? That is what they are there to do.

I doubt our caterers (or the club) want to meet everyone with a gripe...

Twinkletoes

« Reply #24 on September 04, 2014, 01:51:08 pm by Twinkletoes »
Blah blah!! I'll try not to take the " load of rubbish" bit too personally Jenny.
Strength in numbers! and I was referring to the meeting that was organised in November last year for any member of this forum to attend and put their moans and groans direct to Centreplate. Myself and one other person turned up!!
Yes there are other channels of communication into the club but all the issues with catering cannot be directed by one person. It would have been a perfect opportunity to get some answers to a lot of questions that people seem to have about the food.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:00:25 pm by Twinkletoes »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 04, 2014, 02:06:48 pm by wing commander »
     Twinkletoes if I wouldn't already have had conversations with the club and Centreplate I would have come...However it didn't really take long to realise there was little appetite for change..The club are far from happy but realise by the terms of the contract theres little they can do..something I hope they learn from next time..And Centreplate make the right noises and do a bit of firefighting for a week or so but the likely scenario is,it hasn't worked out and they are doing the bare minimum till the end of the contract were they will walk away...Everything else is just noise and bluster...

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 04, 2014, 02:48:22 pm by Canadian Rover »
Time to boycott in total; centreplate then will either have to improve to break even as they will unlikely be able to walk away from the contract.

Make them suffer...bring along a flask of tea and have some chips before you enter the grund...to help the club buy a programme or something. Better bring along a friend every 4 or 5 games from the money you have saved on shit food.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 04, 2014, 03:08:52 pm by Jenny »
Blah blah!! I'll try not to take the " load of rubbish" bit too personally Jenny.
Strength in numbers! and I was referring to the meeting that was organised in November last year for any member of this forum to attend and put their moans and groans direct to Centreplate. Myself and one other person turned up!!
Yes there are other channels of communication into the club but all the issues with catering cannot be directed by one person. It would have been a perfect opportunity to get some answers to a lot of questions that people seem to have about the food.

Given that most people have the same gripes I would have said that it is the 'perfect' kind of issue that one of the VSC/DRSG/SLOs (or all of them if they wish) should be communicating with the club.

Isn't it what they all claim to be here for?

I don't know what you do for a living but I would guess from your post about why should they care when the tills are ringing that you don't work in retail/catering or customer service!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 04, 2014, 03:50:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think it is time they did listen if I'm honest otherwise people will strike back.

They have to listen to the customer if they want to improve. They're losing out on volume.  I didn't attend the previous meeting as working for a similar company my employer wouldn't have taken to kindly to it. But they must improve there are too many weaknesses that I can't believe their management accept.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 04, 2014, 04:18:37 pm by wing commander »
  That's the whole point to this...They don't care else they would have sacked the guy who runs it,and put someone in place who knows what they are doing..It's a football ground for gods sake how hard can it be to run a few food outlets and bars,its certainly beyond the guy in charge now whatever statements he comes out with...No they have realised moving into smaller stadium is not for them and they are doing the bare minimum until they can cut there losses...It's the only logical answer...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012