Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 10:46:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I Blame JR  (Read 7525 times)

IC1967

• Forum Member
I Blame JR
« on September 14, 2014, 09:55:44 am by IC1967 »
If he hadn't caused so much turmoil last season we would definitely have stayed up. He should take the blame for where we find ourselves now.

Give PD a break. Anyone would struggle to sort out JR's legacy and he so nearly kept us in the Championship. I'd give him at least 3 more years to implement his plan.

What you doubters need to realise is that it takes a long time to work through a strategy. He's the man for the job and he'll do it if only you give him a chance.

In the meantime direct your anger at JR.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Re: I Blame JR
« Reply #1 on September 14, 2014, 10:02:17 am by Colin C No.3 »
What is the weather like on your planet?

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 14, 2014, 10:07:28 am by lee.j09 »
Not being funny I went yesterday only one person to blame for that shambolics on that pitch!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 14, 2014, 10:13:34 am by Bentley Bullet »
If he hadn't caused so much turmoil last season we would definitely have stayed up. He should take the blame for where we find ourselves now.

Give PD a break. Anyone would struggle to sort out JR's legacy and he so nearly kept us in the Championship. I'd give him at least 3 more years to implement his plan.

What you doubters need to realise is that it takes a long time to work through a strategy. He's the man for the job and he'll do it if only you give him a chance.

In the meantime direct your anger at JR.

Well bugger me, you just never know!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 14, 2014, 10:27:17 am by Muttley »
Not being funny I went yesterday only one person to blame for that shambolics on that pitch!

OK, I'll go first...

Do they have a beard?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 14, 2014, 10:29:34 am by mrfrostsdad »
My God!!
I've read some crap on this forum over the years, but this is the biggest load of cobblers I've seen in many a year.
There's one person to blame for where we find ourselves now, and it's nothing to do with John Ryan

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 14, 2014, 10:33:57 am by Muttley »
My God!!
I've read some crap on this forum over the years, but this is the biggest load of cobblers I've seen in many a year.
There's one person to blame for where we find ourselves now, and it's nothing to do with John Ryan

This is great fun...

Do they wear glasses?

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 14, 2014, 10:36:16 am by Sheepskin Stu »
I'm wearing some jeans.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 14, 2014, 10:51:02 am by knockers »
Do they have a bank account?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 14, 2014, 11:00:46 am by Filo »
I'm wearing some jeans.

What about a wig? :)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 14, 2014, 11:01:52 am by roversdude »
Does he wear a hat

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 14, 2014, 11:02:13 am by Sheepskin Stu »
I'm wearing some jeans.

I've never been tempted. I like this streamlined look and my missus does too. :)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 14, 2014, 11:03:54 am by Filo »
I'm wearing some jeans.

I've never been tempted. I like this streamlined look and my missus does too. :)

What about the Bobby Charlton, Ralph Coates comb over?

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 14, 2014, 11:04:48 am by Sheepskin Stu »
I'm wearing some jeans.

What about the Bobby Charlton, Ralph Coates comb over?

If only there was enough to go round...

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 14, 2014, 01:55:57 pm by RobTheRover »
I can post you some of my off-cuts, Stu.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 14, 2014, 02:18:41 pm by DRFCSouth »
So us being well clear of relegation and then cocking it up was as a result of something that happened much earlier in the season? Really?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 14, 2014, 02:27:31 pm by IC1967 »
I can't get my breath. Of course JR was totally to blame for our relegation last year. Given the circumstances PD did a brilliant job in almost keeping us up. All we needed was one more point. If anyone seriously believes all of JR's shenanigans didn't cost us at least one point then they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

So stop the PD bashing and get behind him and the team. If you don't, you'll be doing what most football fans do and you'll be thinking with your heart instead of your head. Use your head for once and realise that it's gonna take more than one season to stabilise the ship after all that went on last season.

It really makes my piss boil that so many fans are so quick to go after the manager just because we're not near the top of the table. Get a grip or you'll get what you don't wish for and that is relegation.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 14, 2014, 02:32:58 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
I can post you some of my off-cuts, Stu.

I wasn't really looking for grey. :-)

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 14, 2014, 02:39:35 pm by DRFCSouth »
He did nearly keep us up, but failed when it really mattered. Amazing how quickly JR's contribution to the club is forgotten. We needed next to no points to stay up and yet failed. PD has been given a fair run. How much blind faith are we expected to have?

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 14, 2014, 02:50:00 pm by RTID75 »
For once I find myself almost agreeing with IC1967.

JR was God for most of his tenure, but (with regards what he was doing to the club) something of an antichrist from 'the experiment' onwards.

The uncertainty and instability he created two seasons running has royally screwed us. This season much more so than last as it left us with half a team and a handful of days to get something resembling a full squad together. Anyone thinking that we'd storm to the top of the league straight away this season is living in cloud cuckoo land. I suspect we will have to write this season off whilst things settle.

I agree that time is what is required, but I fear many fans won't allow that.

Let's also not forget that 7,000 fans per home match is not something that realistically takes you to or keeps you in the Championship. We've been there and done that and it wasn't viable, even with JR at the helm.

Barring a 12,000+ home attendance week in week out miracle (which again, even JR couldn't crack) I think some people might have to reassess their lofty ambitions for the club.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:53:24 pm by RTID75 »

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 14, 2014, 02:55:57 pm by MrWoodySir »
When do we start blaming Dickov then?  When were back in the conference maybe?

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 14, 2014, 03:01:40 pm by RedArmy »
Cant believe what i read on here sometimes, its Dickovs team, its Dickovs selections, its Dickovs fault, not Ryans, not Bramalls, not SOD, not Saunders, not Penny, not Richardson, not the ball boys its Paul f**king Dickovs, he needs to go.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 14, 2014, 03:07:22 pm by MrWoodySir »
Cant believe what i read on here sometimes, its Dickovs team, its Dickovs selections, its Dickovs fault, not Ryans, not Bramalls, not SOD, not Saunders, not Penny, not Richardson, not the ball boys its Paul f***ing Dickovs, he needs to go.
Spot on!  Dickov out!

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 14, 2014, 03:36:51 pm by IC1967 »

You strike me as a typical football fan that is always impatient for success and when he doesn't get it always blames the manager. If only life were that simple. It is simple people like you that make the job of a football manager virtually impossible these days.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 14, 2014, 03:45:19 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
 JR was the one who has to take responsibility for the mess this season and last. Not going to argue the point, it's clear as day. I don't expect him to ever be big enough to admit it.

Meanwhile Dickov has to do his bit. Anything less than playoffs is a fail.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 14, 2014, 04:01:07 pm by MrWoodySir »

You strike me as a typical football fan that is always impatient for success and when he doesn't get it always blames the manager. If only life were that simple. It is simple people like you that make the job of a football manager virtually impossible these days.
I'm not asking for success.  But is not wanting a second successive relegation battle too much to ask?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 14, 2014, 04:02:37 pm by bpoolrover »
The players have to do there bit 2

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 14, 2014, 04:35:15 pm by Wellred »
At what point will some people stop blaming JR for the position we are in?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 14, 2014, 04:38:11 pm by IC1967 »

I'm not asking for success.  But is not wanting a second successive relegation battle too much to ask?

Excuse me but it's a bit early to say we're in a relegation battle. Christmas time might be when you might be able to start worrying. What you have to realise and your friends is that blaming the manager at this stage of the season is not going to help. He needs our support. Get behind him and stop making the situation worse than it needs to be.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 14, 2014, 04:41:04 pm by IC1967 »
At what point will some people stop blaming JR for the position we are in?

Anyone with half a brain can work out that we'd have at least gained one more point than we did last season if it weren't for JR's antics. I'll stop blaming him when we're back in the Championship.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012