Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:47:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keepquiet Stadium  (Read 9524 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Keepquiet Stadium
« on September 16, 2014, 10:50:58 pm by Padge_DRFC »
For now just get a drum in the South stand anything that will improve it. Then for the start of next season make the 2 blocks in the south stand more east side that is practically empty and unreserved section completely. Or even if they cordoned 2 blocks off for the first 10 rows and then say just put some of that meshing over 3 rows behind so if people stand there it won't affect people sat behind. Just anything to bring some life back to the Keepmoat please.
I Was in one of the boxes tonight and none of them support Rovers and they can't believe how poor the atmosphere is. The best quote was - there's just nothing about coming here to make you want to come back.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
Re: Keepquiet Stadium
« Reply #1 on September 16, 2014, 10:53:18 pm by sheriff2971 »
For now just get a drum in the South stand anything that will improve it. Then for the start of next season make the 2 blocks in the south stand more east side that is practically empty and unreserved section completely. Or even if they cordoned 2 blocks off for the first 10 rows and then say just put some of that meshing over 3 rows behind so if people stand there it won't affect people sat behind. Just anything to bring some life back to the Keepmoat please.
I Was in one of the boxes tonight and none of them support Rovers and they can't believe how poor the atmosphere is. The best quote was - there's just nothing about coming here to make you want to come back.

Exactly. I fear the rot has set in now though. Will take a miracle to improve anything.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 16, 2014, 10:53:42 pm by Boomstick »
The keepmoat Is a god awful building, awful.
Trouble is the current owners don't want to make it better

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 16, 2014, 10:55:00 pm by sheriff2971 »

This is true. The drum was banned. Singing section banned.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 16, 2014, 10:56:53 pm by Donnyrovers »
The atmosphere is shite but the it may help if the football been played on the pitch was something to get excited about.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 16, 2014, 10:57:43 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I'm sure I saw somewhere in the match day programme today about some meeting being held to improve the match day experience. Where can ideas be put forward. It's just so simple look at Palace behind their goal and what they are doing. I'd hazard a guess that there is probably no more than 10 season ticket holders in that part of the ground.

We're losing the youthful to middle aged boisterous fans. Loads went at work and don't and if they do it's away games. They don't like being made to sit on their arses in silence for 90 minutes. They want more for £23 every time.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 16, 2014, 10:58:40 pm by Boomstick »

This is true. The drum was banned. Singing section banned.
Not just that, just to look at the exterior it looks like a warehouse.
A good paint job would help, but the current owners are that tight it's just unreal.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 16, 2014, 10:59:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well nobody makes them they choose to.

Some interesting football tends to help though.

But I agree it's all gone backwards. Perhaps the op can get involved in sorting it...

Kez122

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 16, 2014, 11:06:31 pm by Kez122 »
The owners don't care though, do they?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 16, 2014, 11:07:54 pm by Boomstick »
That's the major issue at the moment

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
KM
« Reply #10 on September 16, 2014, 11:12:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Boomstick. Just stop and think for a minute. The bricks and mortar are not to blame. It's all the people who come together each match that make a difference. And how on earth can you point the finger at the board for the colour scheme thats been in place since the artists impression. At the end of the day the show on the pitch will dictate the atmosphere.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 16, 2014, 11:14:09 pm by bobjimwilly »

I went to the meet the owners night, and spoke to them in person as did a lot of people, and I think they genuinely do care. I think they spend cash on players when the time was right last season, and, hopefully, they'll do it again this season.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 16, 2014, 11:19:02 pm by Boomstick »
Boomstick. Just stop and think for a minute. The bricks and mortar are not to blame. It's all the people who come together each match that make a difference. And how on earth can you point the finger at the board for the colour scheme thats been in place since the artists impression. At the end of the day the show on the pitch will dictate the atmosphere.
Because its within their power to change the keepmoat!
In fact it's their responsibility as custodians of the club, to make the match day experience better.

Where the f**k is Rovers identity?
Of you look close you can see a couple of half arsed token gestures, but that's it

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 16, 2014, 11:23:21 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Can a section be put forward and properly planned so that it is fully advertised before STs are released for next year and so that everybody knows in plenty of time. I say next season so that it is carefully planned and works for more than 3 games like last season.
Come on I want people to look forward to home games as much as say when we've got Scunny or Barnsley away.

Kez122

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 16, 2014, 11:24:17 pm by Kez122 »
I think they must have their heads up their backsides if they can't see what's happening around the club. They spent money too late last season and it's not been forthcoming this season. Can't blame Dickov for everything when a week before the season he's scrambling around signing players. We had a full pre season to sort the club out. And yes you can blame John Ryan but the buck has to stop with the owners. How low does the crowd have to go before someone acts? I'm not saying we need a reactionary let's sack the manager move (although I'm not convinced he's the right man) but surely to God it's obvious something needs to change! Rob Jones is an injury away from retirement, McCombe has been out for forever and we've not even looked at the loan market. Any wonder why no one wants to go?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 16, 2014, 11:24:48 pm by River Don »
The Keepmoat is painted as it is because it was designed as a community stadium not a Rovers stadium.

Since the club has taken over they have done a couple of things to make more Rovers, signage, banners, flags and the history wall inside.

It all costs money though and they have better things to do than redecorate a relatively new building.

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 16, 2014, 11:29:09 pm by sheriff2971 »
As a collective whole, we simply don't have enough passionate supporters to realistically change anything.
A lot of people now just attend away games. Some don't even bother at all.
Home games jsut aren't enjoyable and haven't been for a long time.
It's over priced. No one wants to spend £23 to sit in a stadium that's two thirds empty.

I don't know what the answer is, other than dropping ticket prices to the extreme, which won't happen.
We'll average about 5500 this season in my opinion, which will have a knock on effect for next seasons budget.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 16, 2014, 11:32:55 pm by bpoolrover »

I went to the meet the owners night, and spoke to them in person as did a lot of people, and I think they genuinely do care. I think they spend cash on players when the time was right last season, and, hopefully, they'll do it again this season.
bob while I agree with you about them caring I don't about spending money at the right time,the right time was before the transfer window shut not half way through the season to try and stay up

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 16, 2014, 11:33:02 pm by bobjimwilly »
I'm sure I saw somewhere in the match day programme today about some meeting being held to improve the match day experience. Where can ideas be put forward. It's just so simple look at Palace behind their goal and what they are doing. I'd hazard a guess that there is probably no more than 10 season ticket holders in that part of the ground.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/fan-panels-dates-announced-1883372.aspx :aok:

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 16, 2014, 11:33:30 pm by Boomstick »
I
As a collective whole, we simply don't have enough passionate supporters to realistically change anything.
It's over priced. No one wants to spend £23 to sit in a stadium that's two thirds empty.

I don't know what the answer is, other than dropping ticket prices to the extreme, which won't happen.
We'll average about 5500 this season in my opinion, which will have a knock on effect for next seasons budget.
I wish we could have an owner with loads of money, oh wait we have.

I wish we had a passionate owner who loves the club, oh wait we had, he got pushed out by tge current regime.

time for a massive change at Rovers, or the damage will be irreversible

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 16, 2014, 11:38:14 pm by Filo »
I

I wish we had a passionate owner who loves the club, oh wait we had, he got pushed out by tge current regime.

Wrong!

He threw his toys out of the pram when he didn't meet the requirements of the FL in the botched takeover bid, the current regime accepted his bid, tell us how that is being pushed out!

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 17, 2014, 01:58:52 am by mjg »
We have owners who no nothing about football

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 17, 2014, 07:09:02 am by River Don »
I

Wrong!

He threw his toys out of the pram when he didn't meet the requirements of the FL in the botched takeover bid, the current regime accepted his bid, tell us how that is being pushed out!

Not only did the current regime accept his bid, they were prepared to write off all outstanding loans to give the club it's best chance going forward. Our passionate owner still has a quarter share in the club and can comeback and contribute to the club he loves as he used to anytime he likes.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 17, 2014, 07:47:35 am by Donnyrovers »
I'm one of the fans that goes to away games rather than home games, I will probs do about 4 home games a season and do as many away games as I can. The home games are that bad there used to be a group of 5 or 6 that would go the last time when we had a proper stint in league one because a few of them decided the club was doing well they will start watching them. They dont go now they may do 1 or 2 home games a season max because they feel they are wasting their money . It's because how shit it is I would rather spend my Saturday afternoon doing Chinese water torture rather than spending £23 to go and sit in that morgue it has got that bad.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:51:11 am by Donnyrovers »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 17, 2014, 07:53:49 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Again, as has been said there's an opportunity to work for change when the meeting is held, I really hope people take it and as many as they can as it is an issue.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 17, 2014, 07:59:50 am by SLO@DRFC »
As well as the Fan Panels the club are holding they are also launching a Club Ambassador Scheme to develop links between the club and the communities which you may be interested in:

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/become-a-club-ambassador-1893883.aspx

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 17, 2014, 08:47:25 am by Donny Viking »
I'm one of the fans that goes to away games rather than home games, I will probs do about 4 home games a season and do as many away games as I can. The home games are that bad there used to be a group of 5 or 6 that would go the last time when we had a proper stint in league one because a few of them decided the club was doing well they will start watching them. They dont go now they may do 1 or 2 home games a season max because they feel they are wasting their money . It's because how shit it is I would rather spend my Saturday afternoon doing Chinese water torture rather than spending £23 to go and sit in that morgue it has got that bad.
So how are you helping the club move forward, what money you do spend you are giving to other clubs.  I thought fans support their team through thick and thin - not just when things are going well. The players last night desperately needed some support, they looked so nervous.   You could quite easily see their chests puff out, in the last 5 mins when the fans started making some noise - at which point we deserved to score.  It's chicken and egg but there is a clue in our name "supporter". :scarf: Problem today is fans (not supporters) only want the good times and are not prepared dig in when things aren't going so well, I never realised when I bought my season ticket that the club where promising me quality football week in week out.  RTID - or until we are not winning! Stop complaining and do something about it - don't follow the pack.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 17, 2014, 12:44:52 pm by Donnyrovers »
So how are you helping the club move forward, what money you do spend you are giving to other clubs.  I thought fans support their team through thick and thin - not just when things are going well. The players last night desperately needed some support, they looked so nervous.   You could quite easily see their chests puff out, in the last 5 mins when the fans started making some noise - at which point we deserved to score.  It's chicken and egg but there is a clue in our name "supporter". :scarf: Problem today is fans (not supporters) only want the good times and are not prepared dig in when things aren't going so well, I never realised when I bought my season ticket that the club where promising me quality football week in week out.  RTID - or until we are not winning! Stop complaining and do something about it - don't follow the pack.

Shut up you dick head, I can't afford to be spending my money going every game and if its an option between an away game or an home game it's a no brainer. I've been following rovers home and away since I was a kid and if I'm paying £23 then food and drink on top a home game I want the match day experience to be worth it an its not its f***ing shite so I prefer to spend my money on the away days the players are still getting my support every other week and if I'm travelling the country spending £100+ an away day they are getting as much support as I can afford.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:01:01 pm by Donnyrovers »

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 17, 2014, 01:39:40 pm by Donny Viking »
Nice language, that will persuade me:thumbsup: but if we all did what u chose to do then then there would be no rovers. Guess you are in for yourself rather than the club. That's fine, your choice, but it's not going to make things better. For what you are paying for away game you could go to 4 home.  It's not compulsory to buy food and drink. Anyway have a nice day now, won't you!

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 18, 2014, 07:23:32 pm by StocktonRover »
We have owners who no nothing about football

We have some fans who know even less.
More worryingly some of those fans think they know more about business acumen than the owners too

TinyPortal © 2005-2012