Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:42:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keepquiet Stadium  (Read 9522 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: Keepquiet Stadium
« Reply #30 on September 18, 2014, 07:47:31 pm by River Don »
We have owners who no nothing about football

We have some fans who know even less.
More worryingly some of those fans think they know more about business acumen than the owners too

A football manager would surely love dealing with an owner who doesn't know a lot about the game and doesn't want to interfere in the footballing side, as well.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 18, 2014, 07:49:47 pm by Sheepskin Stu »

More worryingly some of those fans think they know more about business acumen than the owners too

A football manager would surely love dealing with an owner who doesn't know a lot about the game and doesn't want to interfere in the footballing side, as well.

Quite. A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 18, 2014, 07:56:17 pm by River Don »

Quite. A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat.

Monty Python?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 18, 2014, 08:23:34 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Can a section be put forward and properly planned so that it is fully Then for the start of next season make the 2 blocks in the south stand more east side that is practically empty and unreserved section completely. Or even if they cordoned 2 blocks off for the first 10 rows and then say just put some of that meshing over 3 rows behind so if people stand there it won't affect people sat behind.

Whilst it's great to be suggesting changes I think that is a weak "half a job". It needs to be central two sections, at the back if not the whole sections, and get the standing option in there too asap. Forward thinking dynamic changes are needed. It may piss some people off but will attract more. And FFS lets not leave this hanging for another season and let people baggsy ST seats in those areas again.

Make the South a pound cheaper on all age groups - small expense and yet another improvement from grouping fans.

I'd also suggest closing down a couple more areas of the ground (available only when demand is there) ie the last three blocks on the west and the last one (near the away fans) in the East. Begin the process now and encourage people to move, no need to be dallying farts and wait for next season.

And pay for the extra perspex roof extensions that will help hold and amplify the sound.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 18, 2014, 10:00:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Can a section be put forward and properly planned so that it is fully Then for the start of next season make the 2 blocks in the south stand more east side that is practically empty and unreserved section completely. Or even if they cordoned 2 blocks off for the first 10 rows and then say just put some of that meshing over 3 rows behind so if people stand there it won't affect people sat behind.

Whilst it's great to be suggesting changes I think that is a weak "half a job". It needs to be central two sections, at the back if not the whole sections, and get the standing option in there too asap. Forward thinking dynamic changes are needed. It may piss some people off but will attract more. And FFS lets not leave this hanging for another season and let people baggsy ST seats in those areas again.

Make the South a pound cheaper on all age groups - small expense and yet another improvement from grouping fans.

I'd also suggest closing down a couple more areas of the ground (available only when demand is there) ie the last three blocks on the west and the last one (near the away fans) in the East. Begin the process now and encourage people to move, no need to be dallying farts and wait for next season.

And pay for the extra perspex roof extensions that will help hold and amplify the sound.

Ideally the middle 2 sections would be perfect and make it unreserved. So people with no intention of standing or willing to get involved know not to go and sit on the back row forcing people who wish to stand sit. However I didn't suggest this as I know for sure it will pee people off who like to sit quietly in the middle of the south stand.

The other issue I have noticed is the blokes in their 30s and 40s who do sing seem to hate the young uns and the fact they don't sing zigga zagga and molly malone over over again.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 18, 2014, 10:02:12 pm by silent majority »
Singing sections (standing areas) do need quite a bit of planning, and it's not simply a case of blocking off a few sections. There has been some good, well documented, strategies carried out at other clubs which has been discussed. Whether it can be implemented at the Keepmoat remains to be seen but it's certainly on the table.

I'm assuming the fan panels will debate the options.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 18, 2014, 10:05:35 pm by Padge_DRFC »
This is why it needs to be planned this season and ready for the beginning of next as the section in the North West ended badly.

It is possible i was sat up in one of the boxes on the halfway line and the one time the roar of come on rovers bellowed from behind the goal it did sound loud and travel.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 19, 2014, 12:34:10 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I agree with a lot your suggesting Padge. See my post on the poll thread.

When we convened a "Match Atmosphere" group a couple of seasons back, we all agreed the area behind the goal is where the seeds need to be planted to grow something from.

We've always maintained the seats behind the goal should be the cheapest seats in the house and, where possible, be unreserved.

If you recall, there was some suggestion, which I was all for, that the club and sponsors lead the way by renaming and re-branding the South Stand, "The Polypipe 'Pop' Stand". That in itself sends a message to what it is about. 

In Germany some clubs organise their seating sections in to 'clubs' and in some cases specific age groups and are priced accordingly to encourage the growth of 'togetherness', being part of a group.  They pay additional membership fees to be part of the 'Ultras' which contribute to flags, banners or whatever ideas they come up with. They organise themselves and plan ahead. 

I'm sure the club and Polypipe, if it's done right, can see the positives  of it and will do what they can to facilitate these things.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 19, 2014, 06:49:43 am by Dagenham Rover »
If you make the south cheaper you can only charge the away fans the same price

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 19, 2014, 08:11:36 am by River Don »
Unreserved seating and a pay on the gate turnstile I think would help greatly. Sure some will still go towards the NW but if it's easier to get in the official signing area and you know you can choose your own position in it and move around it then I think that will prove popular.

I just think the club need to create the area and promote it.

A recognised ultra group is an interesting idea. It could be a role for the SLOs to speak to these lads on a match day and help them organise.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on September 19, 2014, 08:14:29 am by Sheepskin Stu »
You can't create "match atmosphere" through focus groups, committees, or any other wooly methods. It just happens if you give the fans a bit of freedom.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 19, 2014, 08:30:49 am by River Don »
Stu

I agree with that, it has a got to come from the fans.

That's why I think if they provide a space that's easier to get in and allows more freedom to move around inside, it might help.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on September 19, 2014, 09:44:32 am by silent majority »
You can't create "match atmosphere" through focus groups, committees, or any other wooly methods. It just happens if you give the fans a bit of freedom.

I think the Red Faction at Middlesborough would disagree with you on that point Stu, as would the Leicester and Cardiff fans who have all had to reach a compromise somewhere to be able to progress.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on September 19, 2014, 10:50:30 am by bobjimwilly »

It's the freedom bit that needs planning through focus groups and committees ;)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on September 19, 2014, 11:05:55 am by ravenrover »
Without something happening on the pitch to get the crowd going there will never be an atmosphere. You heard the crowd in the last 5-6 mins on Tuesday give them something to shout about and the atmosphere will be there.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 19, 2014, 11:24:53 am by Boomstick »

I think the Red Faction at Middlesborough would disagree with you on that point Stu, as would the Leicester and Cardiff fans who have all had to reach a compromise somewhere to be able to progress.
But those fans HAVE been given the freedom, where as Rovers and the VSC have just dismissed it completely.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on September 19, 2014, 11:30:21 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

But those fans HAVE been given the freedom, where as Rovers and the VSC have just dismissed it completely.

Sorry what?  The VSC certainly haven't dismissed it one bit.  Unfortunately it can't be as everyone wants it to be there has to be some compromise and I hope we can get that and get it in the right place.

Unfortunately pushing for it in say the NW corner would be a little pointless really, it isn't feasible and we have to compromise on that, it should be behind the goal, it's doable and will meet much more criteria there.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 19, 2014, 12:34:11 pm by Boomstick »
It IS feasible! why can 90% of other clubs have their singing sections next to away fans.
The southstand IS NOT A KOP.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on September 19, 2014, 12:45:28 pm by silent majority »

Just a minute! How have the VSC or the club dismissed anything??

We've spent a lot of time and effort talking to the club about these issues. The  next fan panel is specifically about match atmosphere.

But if you must offer your opinion it would help if you got your facts right in the first place, 90% of other clubs don't have their singing section next to the away fans. That's why I specifically mentioned Middlesbrough, Cardiff and Leicester as I had personal knowledge of the troubles those groups went through.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on September 19, 2014, 01:31:49 pm by bobjimwilly »
The southstand technically is a (Spion) Kop, not the west stand which is tiered in places.

And if the police say they'd insist on policing the area, and the club aren't interested because of this, how exactly is it feasible?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 19, 2014, 01:36:51 pm by Boomstick »
The southstand technically is a (Spion) Kop, not the west stand which is tiered in places.

And if the police say they'd insist on policing the area, and the club aren't interested because of this, how exactly is it feasible?
Are you having a laugh? the southstand is most certainly NOT a kop! If the capacity was increased 4 fold then maybe, of we could fill it then maybe. it's just not feasible for the singing section to be in the southstand.
If that's where the club and the VSC want it, then there is no point in bothering.
It's been proven that a singing section in the south doesn't work, and it's time to try something new.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on September 19, 2014, 01:43:35 pm by bobjimwilly »
twisting words again. The VSC don't "want" it there, it is the only feasible place to have it considering the stipulations made by the police and club. I also think you need to look up what feasible means?

you say it's time to try something new; it has been trialled in the west stand twice already.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on September 19, 2014, 01:53:59 pm by Boomstick »
I am aware what feasible means, but YOUR confusing feasible and practicality. Granted it would be more practical for the singing section to be in the southstand, but this will be a great detriment to the potential atmosphere we could achieve, if the singing section were in the west stand north.
It will just be a bodged half arsed effort, instead of doing the job properly.
For those reasons I still think that it is more FEASIBLE for the singing section to be north west area

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 19, 2014, 02:20:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I am aware what feasible means, but YOUR confusing feasible and practicality. Granted it would be more practical for the singing section to be in the southstand, but this will be a great detriment to the potential atmosphere we could achieve, if the singing section were in the west stand north.
For those reasons I still think that it is more FEASIBLE for the singing section to be north west area

And what about the policing/stewarding costs, they wouldn't be feasible!

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on September 19, 2014, 02:22:41 pm by RJHeader »

Just a minute! How have the VSC or the club dismissed anything??

We've spent a lot of time and effort talking to the club about these issues. The  next fan panel is specifically about match atmosphere.

But if you must offer your opinion it would help if you got your facts right in the first place, 90% of other clubs don't have their singing section next to the away fans. That's why I specifically mentioned Middlesbrough, Cardiff and Leicester as I had personal knowledge of the troubles those groups went through.

Leicester had a singing section not next to the away fans? Only ones i heard singing were bang next to us.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on September 19, 2014, 02:41:20 pm by silent majority »
Leicester fans (The Fosse Boys) are located in the opposite corner.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on September 19, 2014, 04:20:36 pm by Boomstick »
Well they never made a peep, all their noise came from right next to us, with NO trouble.
Backing my argument up about having a singing section in north west corner

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on September 19, 2014, 04:25:27 pm by Boomstick »

And what about the policing/stewarding costs, they wouldn't be feasible!

Of course they would be feasible, and it would improve the match day experience, improving the atmosphere, and thus making people want to attend more games.
Are you saying the club only want to engage with the fans and improve the match day experience if it doesn't cost then anything?

The match day experience is more than the football, I would say the atmosphere is the biggest part of the enjoyment of it.

Better atmosphere = more enjoyment = more fans wanting to come back = more money for the club = police/steward more than paid for.

Simple isn't it fella?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on September 19, 2014, 04:26:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I agree that the singing section would be more advantageous in the north west corner, near the away fans. This will produce a good atmosphere like it does at Huddersfield.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 19, 2014, 04:29:53 pm by silent majority »
Well they never made a peep, all their noise came from right next to us, with NO trouble.
Backing my argument up about having a singing section in north west corner

How the heck does that support your argument?

You made a claim that 90% of clubs have their singing section next to the away fans, a claim based on pure guesswork, and I've just given you several examples where this doesn't happen. And what I'm talking about is official singing sections and not where singing may come from.

Maybe you could explain the layout at Elland Road to me?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012