Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 02:49:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: questions you would ask Paul Dickov...  (Read 8862 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: questions you would ask Paul Dickov...
« Reply #60 on September 19, 2014, 07:03:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
RJ

In the Port Vale match, Jones made 14 headed clearances in the first 20 minutes. I counted them out loud and was told to belt up by our kid cos I was getting boring. He didn't lose a single challenge in that period. (I stopped paying attention after the first goal so I don't know what the figures were like after that.

Up until Vale scored, Jones was a towering and dominant presence.

We lost against Port Vale because of shocking marking and goalkeeping at set pieces. None of the mistakes were down to Jones.

But I don't expect any of that to change your mind. You rarely weigh up facts before regaling us with your opinion.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:19:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on September 19, 2014, 11:30:26 pm by River Don »
I Would ask him questions that he wouldn't answer out of loyalty to his employer

1.What do you really think of the reliance on youth as back up?

2.Why did you give Wellens a contract when he has shown that he didn't really want to be here,and do you think you have lost respect after saying nobody would play who wasn't fully committed,and you just allowed him,when nobody else wanted him to sign back up?

3.What do you think of the lack of atmosphere at the ground,and do you think the players get disheartened when they such a lack of passion in the crowd?

4.Why do you think that some of the fans have forgot the pre season we have had?,forgot that you have had your budget trimmed?,and that after beating Watford we had an up and coming manager,then we draw at home to Crawley and suddenly you become Mike Bassett?

5. Why don't you stick to four four two with plenty of movement?,everybody knows their job,you would get consistent performances,4-3-3 is not a good formation you always get one or two who drift out of the game,why do you feel the need to copy the 'Trend Formation',when 4-4-2 would get us promoted?

6.Do you actually rate the young players,because Peterson hasn't had a sniff of a start,Wakefield is ready to start in front of Jones,why don't you play him?

Re point 5) You seem to want to dictate to the manager that he should play 4-4-2? The tactics are up to him.

Not at all Don,i just think as a manager you have to look at things and be confident enough in yourself to change things when they could work better.

I still have confidence in Pauls judgement.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on September 19, 2014, 11:42:21 pm by River Don »
So do i,i think we have a very good manager,but nobody is right all the time,and i do think he sticks with things at times,when sometimes it's better to see it's not working and change it,that for me is a strong manager.
I have seen Mourinho make changes early in the first half i things aren't right.

Mourinho says 4-3-3 will always beat 4-4-2.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on September 20, 2014, 12:24:17 am by River Don »
So do i,i think we have a very good manager,but nobody is right all the time,and i do think he sticks with things at times,when sometimes it's better to see it's not working and change it,that for me is a strong manager.
I have seen Mourinho make changes early in the first half i things aren't right.

Mourinho says 4-3-3 will always beat 4-4-2.

Well that's football all about opinions,i don't necessarily think the formation is the be all and end all,it's the intelligence of what you have in the team,4-4-2 is seen as old fashioned,but for me the best starting point to get your side knowing exactly what they need to do.
Mourinho's teams have always known exactly what their job was in the team,i'm not sure our players do.

As time goes on I see Mourinho as the heir to to Revie. Clough admired Mourinho but mainly because of his outspoken manner I think. Clough would have admired Guardiola much more for his football philosophy.

I'm not sure Dickov has a philosophy. I'm sure o Driscoll did. I think Penney did but maybe didn't know it.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:34:08 am by River Don »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on September 20, 2014, 07:05:44 am by hoolahoop »
God forbid that we could ever have another Revie. Yes Revie's Leeds were effective but so fecking boring.
So whilst I agree that both manager's teams were very effective at grinding out results ; Mourinho's teams are allowed far more freedom to express themselves.

I would love to have seen Clough' s Leeds United in full flow . The silky skills were there, the grit was there only Clough wasn't allowed to stay there.
Why do Leeds Utd. always cock it up ? Incidentally I'm delighted they generally do ;)......bellends the lot of them. lol
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:08:21 am by hoolahoop »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on September 20, 2014, 07:19:16 am by hoolahoop »
God forbid that we could ever have another Review. Yes Revie's Leeds were effective but so decking boring.
So whilst I agree that both their team's were very effective at grinding out results ; Mourinho's teams are allowed far more freedom to express themselves.

I would love to have seen Clough' s Leeds United in full flow . The silky skills were there, the grit was there only Clough wasn't allowed to stay there.
Why do Leeds Utd. always cock it up ? Incidentally I'm delighted they generally do ;)......bellends the lot of them. lol

Incidentally I do believe that PD will get it right and that we are still suffering from the preseason debacle and the "vexed" Wellens hasn't helped team morale. It is the job of our senior Professionals to lead by example . That example should not be the player standing with his hands on his hips blaming others for his mistakes...,..Wellens take careful note. You still have the responsibility to your employer in assisting these young players in their development. You are paid  more than adequately  to fulfil this task.
LEAD by example.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012