Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 10:30:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dickov....  (Read 17132 times)

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
Re: Dickov....
« Reply #30 on October 18, 2014, 11:33:59 pm by sheriff2971 »
There isn't a single stat that indicates Dickov is a good manager.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 18, 2014, 11:34:53 pm by Iberian Red »
Good.
 Can you show stats to the contrary?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 18, 2014, 11:59:00 pm by wilts rover »
There isn't a single stat that indicates Dickov is a good manager.

In the period between 25th January and 29th March we played 14 matches, won 6 drew 4 and lost 4, averaging 1.6 points per game. If we had kept that up all season we may just have sneaked the play-offs.

The final 6 matches of that spell we won 4, drew 1 and lost 1, averaging over 2 points per game, which was top of the form table at the time and if we had kept up would have seen us finish second.

So other than those stats........

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 19, 2014, 12:05:57 am by Donnyjim »
Win percentage is a crap stat,
U could win 1 game and lose 19 or u could draw 15 and lose 5 but your win percentage wouldn't be as good

Sorry dickos1, PD is pants as a football manager. I think deep down you know it pal? ;-) time to de-spectacle my friend.

That's your opinion mate

Yes it is. It's also quite a few others by the looks of it. PD fans are fast becoming collectors items I'm afraid.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 19, 2014, 12:12:09 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Will be kept because he won't moan and will help us to develop in to a Bottom half team on the cheap.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 19, 2014, 07:43:10 am by dickos1 »
Win percentage is a crap stat,
U could win 1 game and lose 19 or u could draw 15 and lose 5 but your win percentage wouldn't be as good

Sorry dickos1, PD is pants as a football manager. I think deep down you know it pal? ;-) time to de-spectacle my friend.

That's your opinion mate

Yes it is. It's also quite a few others by the looks of it. PD fans are fast becoming collectors items I'm afraid.

Why because there's 5 or 6 people on a forum saying so, out of about 5000

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 19, 2014, 07:46:48 am by wilts rover »
Will be kept because he won't moan and will help us to develop in to a Bottom half team on the cheap.

But we have one of the highest budgets in this division? So when you say cheap, do you mean cheaper than Man City?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 19, 2014, 07:46:55 am by coventryrover »
Dickos, what attributes has he got that keeps you fighting his corner?

Have you been happy with his performance this year?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 19, 2014, 07:50:58 am by dickos1 »
What I don't understand is, in July we were all saying he's been given a raw deal, people were saying he'd do well to keep us up and the bet we can hope for is midtable.
Yet, were in midtable and people are saying sack him. I don't know why expectations have changed, there's no reason for it

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 19, 2014, 08:02:24 am by coventryrover »
Thanks for answering my question.

I would say how far we are from relegation/play offs rather than position. 

He has been given the tools to do a job and at the moment hes failing. 

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 19, 2014, 08:19:12 am by Donnyjim »
Thanks for answering my question.

I would say how far we are from relegation/play offs rather than position. 

He has been given the tools to do a job and at the moment hes failing. 

Well said matey.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 19, 2014, 08:20:49 am by dickos1 »
Were 6 points off playoffs with a game in hand. I don't think that's bad.
Just think there's a big overreaction to every defeat, and people are sat there waiting for a defeat so they can get on his back.
When we win they're nowhere to be seen

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 19, 2014, 08:24:52 am by 1879Rovers »
It is like a vicious circle. One weekend a decent win sees everyone loving the guy before the next weekend we lose and everyone wants him out.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on October 19, 2014, 08:31:04 am by dickos1 »
But it shouldn't be, were going to lose many games this season and were going to win some.
I've been accused of being a sod lover a Saunders lover and now a Dickov lover.
Maybe it's just lookin at the bigger picture, changing the manager all the time isn't the answer as was proved with the previous 2 managers.
If we got a new manager we'd still have the poor defence, we'd still have only one decent striker. We'd still be a midtable side

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 19, 2014, 08:31:17 am by coventryrover »
Sorry but that's patronising.  I have formulated my viewpoint over the past year where I have made plenty  of allowances for the off season turmoil.

One example of why I dont rate the manager is when we go a goal down.  Generally we dont get back into matches, the manager cannot change things to do so.

Secondly, he tinkers with a winning team, invariably leading to a poor performance.  What must the players think?  Knowing they can have a good game but not play the next.

Come on Dickos, what's so good about Dickov?  He's a good man but a lousy manager.

My viewpoint doesnt even take into account his performances at Oldham

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 19, 2014, 08:32:49 am by coventryrover »
But it shouldn't be, were going to lose many games this season and were going to win some.
I've been accused of being a sod lover a Saunders lover and now a Dickov lover.
Maybe it's just lookin at the bigger picture, changing the manager all the time isn't the answer as was proved with the previous 2 managers.
If we got a new manager we'd still have the poor defence, we'd still have only one decent striker. We'd still be a midtable side

but we might get someone who has some tactical nous to change a game.  Last time in l1 we were a mid table side

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 19, 2014, 08:35:51 am by mushRTID »
If we have shite like this after every defeat then it's gonna be a long old season.
Get a grip

Bit rich. You were the one starting threads "it's quiet on here tonight" the other week after a win. If your going to egg people on then get used to "shite like this"

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on October 19, 2014, 08:41:12 am by dickos1 »
That's the point though. People wait for us to lose and then come on here saying sack him.
If we win they think I won't bother going on forum tonight

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on October 19, 2014, 08:53:21 am by The Red Baron »
Just think there's a big overreaction to every defeat, and people are sat there waiting for a defeat so they can get on his back.

I take your point on the second part of your argument. The comments on here are just the same as they were after the Walsall defeat and it was quiet after we won at Scunny.

However, the performance I've seen this season are not those of a mid-table team. They are of a team that will struggle to stay up, not just because of inconsistency, but because of fundamental flaws. Some are down to the players, some to the way the manager sets up the team to play.

I think Dickov is a good guy, and therein lies the problem. His bark is considerably worse than his bite and he gives the players a much easier time than, say, Dean Saunders did. He's also loyal to his coaching staff, even though they contribute little. He puts up with players who make the same mistakes week after week. And he is unwilling to put up a fight in the boardroom to secure the resources he needs.

Ultimately it's down to him, but if he wants to avoid either the sack or, even worse, two successive relegations on his CV he needs to stop "taking the positives" and start acting. Like now.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 19, 2014, 08:57:03 am by Jenny »
Off season turmoil doesn't make a manager tactically inept.

We have a squad that is capable of doing so much better but with him at the helm it is going to be a long hard season, not to mention boring too.

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 19, 2014, 09:03:25 am by bfdoncaster west »
who wood you get if he went

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 19, 2014, 09:11:34 am by dickos1 »
The squad is a good squad going forward but that's no good if your defence isn't good enough

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 19, 2014, 09:18:57 am by coventryrover »
That's the point though. People wait for us to lose and then come on here saying sack him.
If we win they think I won't bother going on forum tonight

Are you Wellred?

You tend to avoid every question I point to you.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 19, 2014, 09:21:09 am by Donnyjim »

The reason being, it doesn't happen very often. It never happens consecutively....you've kind of answered your own question pal.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 19, 2014, 10:32:46 am by Donnyrovers »
The squad is a good squad going forward but that's no good if your defence isn't good enough

He's the one that has signed those players because he rates them, he has the funds to go into the loan market to strengthen but he's sticking with what he's got. He's the one to blame for how easy we are to beat the defence is an unorganised joke. After every defeat fans are complaining about the same issues but he's not doing anything to fix them. He's just tactically inept and any other of the 91 clubs would have got shut by now.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 19, 2014, 11:15:29 am by Chris Black come back »
I think the defeat at Fleetwood was definitely a wake up call. Going to have the lads in this week working hard.

Repeat ad infinitum.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:19:04 am by Chris Black come back »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Dickov
« Reply #56 on October 19, 2014, 11:44:23 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Tend to agree. Same pattern won't be going unoticed. Seems Furman was providing that energetic link between midfield and up top. It's been ackowledged how disruptive the international breaks are and based on yesterday you'd think it was a last minute job to re-organise. I would not be surprised to see a good performance on Tuesday. He's been a manager long enough and he should be showing that lessons have been learned.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on October 19, 2014, 12:29:09 pm by timdrfc »
My question to everyone is would you prefer a manager like Steve Evans & all that entails or a nicely spoken guy like Paul Dickov with a 50% loss ratio? Not sure I could go with Evans but he sure has something PD doesnt

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 19, 2014, 12:56:38 pm by bpoolrover »
Coventry what tools has he been given

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 19, 2014, 01:36:36 pm by DRNaith »
My question to everyone is would you prefer a manager like Steve Evans & all that entails or a nicely spoken guy like Paul Dickov with a 50% loss ratio? Not sure I could go with Evans but he sure has something PD doesnt
[/quote.

For me, manager antics are secondary to results and anything else that happens on the pitch.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012