Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:08:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How did we get here...  (Read 5907 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
How did we get here...
« on October 18, 2014, 07:41:21 pm by Donnyjim »
Comprehensively out played and out thought by A TRAM STOP in Blackpool?

I fear for Rovers, I really do. How we have sunk, so quickly to the this piss poor level.

Without some investment and a change of management I fear we are heading back to the conference.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: How did we get here...
« Reply #1 on October 18, 2014, 07:45:54 pm by bobjimwilly »
Without some investment and a change of management I fear we are heading back to the conference.

maybe a bit of an overreation?

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 18, 2014, 07:48:45 pm by sheriff2971 »
Been saying the same for a long time.
The club is on its arse. Attendances are dwindling. Away support the same.We spent 15 years building this club up from a burnt out shell, building a decent sized fan base, success on the pitch. Local people wearing the Rovers shirt with pride, and now it is being pissed away by a silent board in the name of "sustainability".

Tuesday night should be fun. I reckon there will be less there than at the Crawley game. I wonder how long it is before certain areas of the stadium are mothballed in the name of cost cutting. We certainly won't need 15000 seats for a very, very long time.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 18, 2014, 07:50:11 pm by Donnyjim »
No no no no no no no no no NO! Not this this time Bob. Not this #%^*ing time! NO!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 18, 2014, 07:52:39 pm by mrfrostsdad »
In don't totally blame the board Sheriff.
From January onwards last year they invested heavily in the team. Ok, maybe that was a bit late. But any manager worth his salt would have kept us up last season.
We've had the same argument a million times on here, so I guess my comment is superfluous

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 18, 2014, 07:57:16 pm by Copps is Magic »
We're not on our arse - we're just some decent form away from challenging for the promotion positions. What needs to change is pretty obvious but the clubs stance seems to be carry on as we are whereas JR always seemed to be proactive in these situations.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 18, 2014, 08:01:24 pm by DonnyNoel »

I fear for Rovers, I really do. How we have sunk, so quickly to the this piss poor level.

Sunk to a level that we'd have given our right arms (and keep in mind 90% of us use that one for w**king) to play in for most of the 70s, 80s and 90s? The JR era was an incredible one but it's over now and we're on a level playing field with a dozen or so other clubs that want out of this division.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 18, 2014, 08:01:47 pm by dickos1 »
This forum is amusing after a defeat...
Were a midtable side which we all said we were in pre season, so why does everyone get their pants in a twist after every loss

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 18, 2014, 08:02:03 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The side today should be winning these games but we're not. The tactics aren't good enough. That's still a problem.  It's frustrating as we can be good but Dickov can't get it right often enough.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 18, 2014, 08:04:13 pm by idler »
I can stand losing but rolling over like we did today is unacceptable for me.
Our defence was terrible for all three goals and but for Steer we would have been humiliated.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 18, 2014, 08:04:37 pm by dickos1 »
Why should we be winning games like these?

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 18, 2014, 08:06:41 pm by sheriff2971 »

Sunk to a level that we'd have given our right arms (and keep in mind 90% of us use that one for w**king) to play in for most of the 70s, 80s and 90s? The JR era was an incredible one but it's over now and we're on a level playing field with a dozen or so other clubs that want out of this division.

What pisses me off is we have one of the richest boards at this level but they don't have the ambition to succeed. Like I said, look at how Rotherham, Brentford, Bournemouth have all pushed on and invested after being promoted. All similar sized clubs to us, but with ambition and intent far greater than our own.
Why should we accept being forced into the lower leagues and nothing to look forward to, playing our football in a stadium with 10000 empty seats every week?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 18, 2014, 08:08:26 pm by dickos1 »
None of those clubs have spent as much time in the championship as we have over the last 10 years

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 18, 2014, 08:09:30 pm by sheriff2971 »
None of those clubs have spent as much time in the championship as we have over the last 10 years

They've spent more than we did in our entire time there.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 18, 2014, 08:12:19 pm by dickos1 »
What's that got to do with it. Spending money guarantees nothing.
We spent all those years there spending very little,

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 18, 2014, 08:15:56 pm by sheriff2971 »
What's that got to do with it. Spending money guarantees nothing.
We spent all those years there spending very little,

I#ll wager they last a lot longer than we did.
I'm glad people are happy with bottom end League One football in an empty stadium devoid of any atmosphere.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 18, 2014, 08:25:38 pm by dickos1 »
Bottom end league 1 football??
Not sure anybody has said they're happy with that...
Were midtable like we all knew we would be

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 18, 2014, 08:28:03 pm by Iberian Red »
What a clown! If you think supporters are happy with that, you really are a clown. DRFC for me, all the way, not an ex chairman, or grass within the club.

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 18, 2014, 08:31:13 pm by sheriff2971 »
Bottom end league 1 football??
Not sure anybody has said they're happy with that...
Were midtable like we all knew we would be

We're 15th and two points off relegation. That's bottom end enough for me. This season will be a dog fight, all the hallmarks are there. But, when you do things on the cheap, what more can you hope for?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 18, 2014, 08:33:43 pm by dickos1 »
14th and 2 games in hand on every team below us

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 18, 2014, 08:35:25 pm by Donnyjim »

In a couple of years we'll be getting gubbed by Real Bispham! ;-)

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 18, 2014, 08:36:30 pm by sheriff2971 »

Which means nothing. Without points on the board, games in hand are irrelevant.
However, if you believe the clubs spin, we've got a top end budget that should enable us to challenge for promotion which means one of two things:

1. The club are lying
or
2. Dickov clearly isn't up to the job and should be sacked.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 18, 2014, 08:37:06 pm by i_ateallthepies »

What pisses me off is we have one of the richest boards at this level but they don't have the ambition to succeed. Like I said, look at how Rotherham, Brentford, Bournemouth have all pushed on and invested after being promoted. All similar sized clubs to us, but with ambition and intent far greater than our own.
Why should we accept being forced into the lower leagues and nothing to look forward to, playing our football in a stadium with 10000 empty seats every week?

Ok, so they've 'invested' (f**king stupid word to use in a football context).  And how many of them are going to be promoted to the Prem this season?  Don't bother, I'll answer that for you..... NONE of them.
You're just like a spoilt babby, throwing your toys out the pram because you've been told you can't have some sweeties!  Give me f**king strength.

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 18, 2014, 08:40:01 pm by sheriff2971 »

Ok, so they've 'invested' (f***ing stupid word to use in a football context).  And how many of them are going to be promoted to the Prem this season?  Don't bother, I'll answer that for you..... NONE of them.
You're just like a spoilt babby, throwing your toys out the pram because you've been told you can't have some sweeties!  Give me f***ing strength.

They're spending money to ensure they stay in that division and can compete at that level. I never mentioned anything about them getting promoted.
I'm glad you're happy about the position we are in you absolute moron.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 18, 2014, 08:42:08 pm by goalkick »
Be interesting to see if we win these two matches.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 18, 2014, 08:42:55 pm by dickos1 »
Nothing can be ensured... If they go down they're f**ked if they're spending money they can't afford

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 18, 2014, 08:43:37 pm by dickos1 »
Be interesting to see if we win these two matches.

We won't win them both but I'm sure we'll get a few points

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 18, 2014, 08:45:05 pm by besty »
I wouldnt bet against bmouth going up!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 18, 2014, 08:56:39 pm by Donnywolf »
Why should we be winning games like these?

.... because they are against "the likes of Fleetwood" ?  :lol:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 19, 2014, 12:31:35 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The is on the slide back to where we came from,after all that hard work,we are being dismantled,by lack of interest,foresight and no ambition.
It's time to stop toeing the party line and ask,are we happy to drop back down,or are the board going to develop this idea of developing our own youth players,with players purchased for now and the future?

The way it's going the good players we have will leave because they notice the club is not ambitious to go forward,we will lose more of the support,we have started slipping on the ladder,are we going to find a step,or slip even more?,i'm worried there seems no urgency to improve off or on the pitch.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012