Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 05:04:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I've made the call...  (Read 5279 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: I've made the call...
« Reply #30 on October 22, 2014, 10:46:23 am by Copps is Magic »
Phil Neville is the most boring man in existence today and his hair is suspicious.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 22, 2014, 10:53:32 am by Bentley Bullet »
Glynn Snodin could be a wise choice.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 22, 2014, 11:00:22 am by Wild Rover »
I did say when Ian and Glynn came back to club the club had them the wrong way around, Glynn should have managed and Ian Coached.

However time has passed Glynn by now, I think if he had wanted to manage he would have by now.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 22, 2014, 11:01:11 am by Copps is Magic »
Would eyebrows be raised if Saunders came back?

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 22, 2014, 11:05:58 am by roversam »
Any so called fan who goes at half time is not a true fan IMO. You have paid your money and you should stay till the end and suffer like the rest of us. :silly:

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 22, 2014, 11:16:30 am by acko »
When is a board member.chairman or club president going to say something our chairman hasn't said anything since he took the job.like him or not jr was there to tell you and listen to  your view.true supporter not like we've got

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 22, 2014, 07:09:10 pm by StocktonRover »
When is a board member.chairman or club president going to say something our chairman hasn't said anything since he took the job.like him or not jr was there to tell you and listen to  your view.true supporter not like we've got
And how many times did JR speak before he thought - most of the time.

I much prefer important decisions made in private and communicated when the time is right.

For all we know the board may or may not be in discussions behind the scenes to reach a mutually agreed departure?
I'm sure that we will find out any decision at the appropriate time and not before.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 22, 2014, 07:10:34 pm by grayx »
I think the best we can hope for is Rob Jones (+1) as caretaker management team. Then advertise the post and see what candidates come forward. Like has been posted elsewhere, there may be one or two half decent managers jobless in the near future.

But please, no more of the Saunders, Flynn, SOD appeals. Lets look forward,not back. Surprised nobodys mentioned Mark Wilson yet.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Make the call
« Reply #38 on October 22, 2014, 07:28:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Rob Jones caretaker. Then take time to choose someone like Neil Redfearn who seems keen to get a managerial opportunity. He's a coach first and foremost and that's what we need. Perhaps that's where PDs suffered?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 22, 2014, 07:39:20 pm by Dare to dream! »
Tony Mowbray

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 22, 2014, 07:44:11 pm by bobjimwilly »
Would eyebrows be raised if Saunders came back?

apart from Dean's you mean?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 22, 2014, 10:27:02 pm by silent majority »

Yes, we could get somebody to speak out, much like JR did about SOD, and the sacked him 3 days later. That doesn't help anybody.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 22, 2014, 10:36:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
JR sacked SOD?

The line on the terrace (you get the drift) is that Dick and Terry were unhappy at SOD spending lots of their money in a desperate attempt to stay competitive in the Championship. Always had JR down as the reluctant axeman.

Might be wrong, but this is what many folk think.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on October 22, 2014, 10:41:17 pm by bobjimwilly »
the board sacked him, but John was obviously the person who announced it to the media.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 22, 2014, 10:45:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I also thought JR was left to do the dirty work, and did so reluctantly as the voice of the boardroom.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 22, 2014, 10:47:57 pm by Filo »
I also thought JR was left to do the dirty work, and did so reluctantly as the voice of the boardroom.

The trouble is, you can't pick and choose when you want to be spokes person

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on October 22, 2014, 10:50:22 pm by Bentley Bullet »

The trouble is, you can't pick and choose when you want to be spokes person

That's why he did it reluctantly?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on October 22, 2014, 10:52:13 pm by dickos1 »
Rightly or wrongly sod would still be manager now if jr was the only person making decisions back then.
The media obviously needed to be told and as brammals or Watson don't bother speaking to the media, that left Ryan

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on October 22, 2014, 11:09:38 pm by bobjimwilly »
Rightly or wrongly sod would still be manager now if jr was the only person making decisions back then.
The media obviously needed to be told and as brammals or Watson don't bother speaking to the media, that left Ryan

But JR was the Chairman and always spoke to the media? Why would TB and DW at that time take the responsibility of the chairman?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 22, 2014, 11:15:17 pm by silent majority »
JR sacked SOD?

The line on the terrace (you get the drift) is that Dick and Terry were unhappy at SOD spending lots of their money in a desperate attempt to stay competitive in the Championship. Always had JR down as the reluctant axeman.

That's definitely wrong. It was JRs decision, and he consulted with DW. I don't think TB was even in the country at the time.

Just goes to show how 'the terrace' get the wrong end of the stick.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:18:08 pm by silent majority »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 22, 2014, 11:31:55 pm by Chris Black come back »
Don't think I've ever seen a sadder sight than Peterborough away immediately post SOD.

A win but the glory days were gone, potentially for the rest of our footballing lives.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 22, 2014, 11:40:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »
JR sacked SOD?

That's definitely wrong. It was JRs decision, and he consulted with DW. I don't think TB was even in the country at the time.

So wasn't there any consultation with TB prior to the sacking?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on October 23, 2014, 12:15:11 am by silent majority »
JR sacked SOD?

BB,

It's not my place to give out the intimate details of certain issues that happen at board level. However I'm happy to correct general misunderstandings which I have some knowledge of. On this occasion I had a long chat with John shortly after this happened. Not only that but John made several key media interviews in the days that followed. Check them out.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 23, 2014, 12:18:43 am by Viking Don »
I think the board will act if we don't win on Saturday. I was hoping for at least four points from the last two games so now PD really has got his work cut out to save his job I reckon, againsy probably the best side we've faced this month. If we win it's 3 wins out of 5 in October which isn't bad at all and he'll probably be given November to stop the inconsistant performances.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on October 23, 2014, 08:11:53 am by The Red Baron »
JR sacked SOD?

BB,

It's not my place to give out the intimate details of certain issues that happen at board level. However I'm happy to correct general misunderstandings which I have some knowledge of. On this occasion I had a long chat with John shortly after this happened. Not only that but John made several key media interviews in the days that followed. Check them out.

Interesting. As you say, JR gave interviews only just before the sacking where he backed O'Driscoll to the hilt. I suppose that is what gave the impression that the other owners were behind the sacking.

Then again, JR was the one who bought in to The Experiment and I've always believed that SO'D would not have touched that with a barge pole. I guess some time during that fateful week JR must have decided that he was going to go with Willie McKay's "plan" and therefore SO'D had to go.

It does explain why TB and DW subsequently stepped down from the board. They could see that The Experiment was a crock- and a very expensive one at that!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 23, 2014, 09:45:04 am by Bentley Bullet »
But the situation we were in before the 'experiment' was very expensive, and miserably failing. We were crocked, and destined for relegation. JR wanted to avoid it. TB and DW could have used their wealth to bail us out, thus avoiding going down the road of the 'experiment', but alas it wasn't to be like that. As a result the only way to avoid relegation was by radical change.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on October 23, 2014, 09:57:45 am by silent majority »
Wow, that's a nice spin on the situation BB. Its wrong, but still a nice spin.

The experiment led to us having the largest wage bill in our history, yet it was meant to be our salvation, it was meant to deliver us success on the cheap, and JRs ambition was the Premiership. It actually got us relegated before the end of the season. It divided the supporters and led to public ridicule in the game.  Some success that turned out to be.

I think if you take your JR blinkers off you just might see things the way they were rather than how you want them to be.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 23, 2014, 10:13:32 am by Bentley Bullet »
With respect SM, 'the largest wage bill in our history' is exactly what was required, and still is.

Why didn't TB/DW use their wealth to bail us out instead of going down the road of the 'experiment'? Was it a situation that they too thought might be our cheapest way of salvation? If that's the case then they too were just as wrong as JR with the plan.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on October 23, 2014, 10:22:04 am by silent majority »
Sorry BB but the largest wage bill in our history led to us being relegated with 4 games left. Which just proves that throwing money at a situation doesn't always work. Ask QPR!

At that time JR was making the football decisions at the club, nobody else. The failed experiment was his plan, his and Mickey Walkers I think. (I could be wrong on his role) But TB and DW picked up the bill.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 23, 2014, 10:38:27 am by Bentley Bullet »
No SM throwing money at a situation doesn't always work, but it's a popular theory. Ask Bournemouth!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012