Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 08:01:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Weston  (Read 15939 times)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
Re: Weston
« Reply #60 on October 31, 2014, 05:31:46 pm by RedRover45 »
My first experience of seeing us play non-league teams in the cup was the 3-0 home win vs Penrith in 81 or 82...

Was freezing that day and we were one of only 3 cup fixtures that day that survived the weather, thanks to the Belle Vue pitch.

81 I think IDM. The following year was another of the tricky away non league ties at Workington. That was a standard 2-1 win and only memorable due to their hard lads painting their faces red and orange for some bizarre reason.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on October 31, 2014, 06:09:33 pm by les@donr »
I remember us being beaten by Scarborough at their place, we played very poor that day on an awful pitch which was a real leveller. What is the state of Weston's pitch?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 31, 2014, 06:12:39 pm by The Red Baron »
Think that's the game the team flew down from Leeds/Bradford. McIndoe was scared of flying and was driven down.

Made us look like big time charlies. I don't think they did it again.

The other time we flew down was to Bournemouth that same season and we got spanked 5-0.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on October 31, 2014, 06:13:42 pm by The Red Baron »
The following year was another of the tricky away non league ties at Workington. That was a standard 2-1 win and only memorable due to their hard lads painting their faces red and orange for some bizarre reason.

I think you'll find that's the normal mode of appearance in that part of the world. RR.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 31, 2014, 06:24:28 pm by Iberian Red »
My first experience of seeing us play non-league teams in the cup was the 3-0 home win vs Penrith in 81 or 82...

Was freezing that day and we were one of only 3 cup fixtures that day that survived the weather, thanks to the Belle Vue pitch.
Young un!
Seriously tho, Sutton away, Altrincham away and the big punch up that was Whitby  away?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on October 31, 2014, 07:16:26 pm by The Red Baron »
Me too and your memory serves you well. :(

PS When are ticketing details going up ?

A pal was in the TO today and if they receive the tickets in time they will have them on sale on Monday. There may be a brief window for STs before they go on general sale.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on November 01, 2014, 09:10:16 am by ravenrover »
Just hope the headline next day is not Rovers Weston Super Night-mare!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on November 01, 2014, 01:44:52 pm by RobTheRover »
http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/more/tv

Seems to confirm its only highlights for us.    Booo you, FA/BBC/BT Sports!

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 01, 2014, 01:48:06 pm by besty »
I would of thought its a bigger chance of a shock than Warrington V Exeter,maybe it wasnt feasible at their ground to do it live? :unsure:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on November 01, 2014, 02:11:37 pm by The Red Baron »
I would of thought its a bigger chance of a shock than Warrington V Exeter,maybe it wasnt feasible at their ground to do it live? :unsure:

I think it was down to Weston Carnival on Friday night. BBC have the Friday night slot and obviously the two can't happen at the same time.

I'm a bit surprised BT didn't pick it up though.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on November 06, 2014, 12:53:18 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Just watched this game, Weston's win in the last round. Jammy own goal for their second and Witham should have equalised as Weston's player handled it on the line followed by Witham knocking it it the net, but... the ref had blown for a pen! Witham did a Trotta and we're at Weston who have used up ALL their luck.

They have a nifty right winger, and of course Leo FW's nephew Clayton as player coach. Prediction 3-0, and a bit of a suash immediately behind the goal for our fans.

Apparently, the REAL FA Cup is in attendance before and during the game.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhhj854Xu5w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhhj854Xu5w</a>

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on November 06, 2014, 12:57:26 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Just watched this game, Weston's win in the last round. Jammy own goal for their second and Witham should have equalised as Weston's player handled it on the line followed by Witham knocking it it the net, but... the ref had blown for a pen! Witham did a Trotta and we're at Weston who have used up ALL their luck.

They have a nifty right winger, and of course Leo FW's nephew Clayton as player coach. Prediction 3-0, and a bit of a suash immediately behind the goal for our fans.

Apparently, the REAL FA Cup is in attendance before and during the game.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhhj854Xu5w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhhj854Xu5w</a>

Hardly pixelates at all on full screen that one  as opposed to the awful player quality on full screen

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on November 06, 2014, 12:59:36 pm by RoversAlias »
As the days draw in to this game, I get more worried we will be the "giants" to fall this weekend. The BBC have made it a key focus and I just get this nervous feeling.

Anything can happen in the FA Cup after all! Hopefully that "anything" this time will be a resounding, one-sided crushing of the minnows!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on November 06, 2014, 01:11:32 pm by Copps is Magic »
are away fans behind one of the goals?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on November 06, 2014, 01:11:49 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
No need for being negative, they are a poor side, but... there's rain forecast from now and through the game, some it pretty heavy in the next 24 hours. Let's hope their pitch drains nicely.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on November 06, 2014, 01:13:01 pm by dknward2 »
That pitch looks a bit grooved could be the way its been cut

Fingers crossed we don't take it lightly which I don't think PD will as we need to string a few wins together

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on November 06, 2014, 01:15:14 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
are away fans behind one of the goals?

Behind a goal (small shelter there) and a little along one side, maybe up the other side too, and no terracing, just classic non league stand round the pitch stuff. Seats to the side - see football ground guide, or their vids. Home fans get the MASSIVE covered terracing on the other side.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on November 06, 2014, 01:16:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I don't think PD will take the game lightly, if we lose it could be his last.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on November 06, 2014, 01:19:34 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I doubt it's that tight a noose round his neck. He won't take it lightly because losing there would be a tattoo he wouldn't want to carry.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on November 06, 2014, 01:46:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I doubt it's that tight a noose round his neck. He won't take it lightly because losing there would be a tattoo he wouldn't want to carry.

I'm quite sure you're right, I was thinking more of him resigning in disgust should we lose. Mind you if he did he'd still have the unwanted tattoo for life. In the event of failure at Weston maybe some of the players should go too, at least transfers just fade away....

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on November 06, 2014, 11:20:02 pm by silent majority »
By the way, make sure you can access one of those links if you're not going, the game won't be on Rovers Player this weekend.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on November 07, 2014, 01:19:11 am by hoolahoop »
By the way, make sure you can access one of those links if you're not going, the game won't be on Rovers Player this weekend.

Terrific !! :((

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on November 07, 2014, 08:21:32 am by IDM »

Terrific !! :((

I assume this is only because Weston may not have the infrastructure in place to support the player technology? Or a big enough press area, or both?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on November 07, 2014, 08:34:31 am by silent majority »
It's an infrastructure problem.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on November 07, 2014, 10:41:55 am by bobjimwilly »
Weston-super-Mare are having special shirts made for the match tomorrow. Shows how special a match this will be for them; proud that our club is seen as such a giant for once.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152832267032505

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on November 07, 2014, 01:27:27 pm by Katesby »
Are we able to pay on the gate tomorrow? Ps, been pissing it down all down in the South-West. Don't forget your waterproofs!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on November 07, 2014, 01:43:28 pm by bobjimwilly »

The club have now said they will try broadcast to Rovers Player via Mobile Phone. Hopefully will work but if there are any problems I think it can be excused for at least this weekend.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on November 07, 2014, 03:52:01 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Are we able to pay on the gate tomorrow? Ps, been pissing it down all down in the South-West. Don't forget your waterproofs!

I expect you can, phone and ask - the club phone number is 01934 621618, it's a small club, so don't expect someone to be sat by the phone :)

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on November 07, 2014, 04:29:29 pm by Katesby »
cheers mate, will give them a call. Travelling from Bristol tomorrow? Will be on the train myself. Local game for us, perfect!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on November 07, 2014, 04:47:36 pm by Dagenham Rover »

I expect you can, phone and ask - the club phone number is 01934 621618, it's a small club, so don't expect someone to be sat by the phone :)

Bit like getting through to our Ticket Office then  :P  (sometimes)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012