Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 10:53:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: dickov says  (Read 6249 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
dickov says
« on November 15, 2014, 06:11:43 pm by watto-drfc »
Tyson allowed forrester to take penalty and he's not got a problem with that......utter bollox dickov

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: dickov says
« Reply #1 on November 15, 2014, 06:16:17 pm by Wellred »
So why did Tyson have words and try to demolish the dug out after he was substituted?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 15, 2014, 06:19:03 pm by RoversAlias »
Not buying it - Dickov should have a problem with it, he's the manager and penalty takers need to be clearly defined before games by the manager and/or captain. Look what happened with Trotta and Saunders at Brentford!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 15, 2014, 06:19:44 pm by GazLaz »
You'd be happy with Harry or Tyson taking it. Complete non story for me.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 15, 2014, 06:19:57 pm by Ian Nimmo »
Tyson had words with the guy who was sitting at the end of the bench, and pointed across towards forrester, then smacked the dug out before disappearing down the tunnel.
He didn't look very happy to me.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 15, 2014, 06:28:10 pm by stuey »
I was sat in the South Stand, and Tyson tried to take the ball off him but Forrester just pushed past him. After the pen, Tyson mouthed something his way, and it didn't look like "unlucky pal". Dickov is talking total drivel......for a change

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 15, 2014, 06:29:10 pm by DRNaith »

Not me.

As soon as Forrester picked up the ball I said to my Dad that I was uneasy with it.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 15, 2014, 06:33:18 pm by roverstillidie91 »
"@LeonWobYP: Dickov on pen: Harry fancied taking it. Nathan had been struggling with his knee and calf. It was a good strike and great save #drfc"

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 15, 2014, 06:41:22 pm by watto-drfc »
Piss poor pen bring back Ian Nimmo

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 15, 2014, 06:46:34 pm by acko »
dickov getting blame for forrester penalty then we say rosler for manager makes sense

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 15, 2014, 06:47:46 pm by donnievic »
Not a bad pen but a decent height if the keepers goes the right way which he did,from south stand for me Tyson wanted to take it but forrester already had the ball but didn't argue to much about it,for me Tyson should have taken it though and said same thing at Fulham

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 15, 2014, 07:21:58 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

It's not a non story Gaz,it's another example of Dickov not running the team,not having the authority to demand who takes it,people are designated because they are good at taking them.
If the designated players takes and misses fair enough,we of all clubs should know that you can't do these things,we were promoted on the strength of a similar penalty.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 15, 2014, 07:26:22 pm by Donnywolf »
Not buying it - Dickov should have a problem with it, he's the manager and penalty takers need to be clearly defined before games by the manager and/or captain. Look what happened with Trotta and Saunders at Brentford!

H e was boll****g someone ... looked like RW staraight afterwards. 50 years ago in our School Team we knew who the Penalty taker would be if we got one

Its a no brainer ... Tyson 2 for 2 stays in that position ... and yes the Brentford thing sprang to mind straight away

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 15, 2014, 07:28:27 pm by Donnywolf »

I was NOT happy with Forrester taking it ... and neither were the people I heard after he missed and all the way to my Car. The bloke could not even hit an empty net more than twice before the game

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 15, 2014, 07:29:58 pm by Donnywolf »
"@LeonWobYP: Dickov on pen: Harry fancied taking it. Nathan had been struggling with his knee and calf. It was a good strike and great save #drfc"

It was as I am sure we will hear a comfortably height for the Keeper to save ... he struck it ok and it was on target .... but not a great save imo

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 15, 2014, 07:31:06 pm by esdailles left foot »
relax?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 15, 2014, 07:32:19 pm by Donnywolf »
Not a bad pen but a decent height if the keepers goes the right way which he did,from south stand for me Tyson wanted to take it but forrester already had the ball but didn't argue to much about it,for me Tyson should have taken it though and said same thing at Fulham

OR bearing in mind who is CAPTAIN ... Copps should carry out Dickovs wishes / commands and say .. oy Forrester NO !!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 15, 2014, 07:33:04 pm by Donnywolf »

It's not a non story Gaz,it's another example of Dickov not running the team,not having the authority to demand who takes it,people are designated because they are good at taking them.
If the designated players takes and misses fair enough,we of all clubs should know that you can't do these things,we were promoted on the strength of a similar penalty.

:that: :that: :that: :that:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 15, 2014, 07:38:07 pm by Donnywolf »
relax?
NO

It was a pivotal moment in a game we should ... oops sorry CIOULD have won. Take the lead agaist 10 men and their heads may go down or MISS the Penalty and they get more fired up

There was no saying Tyson would have scored but if I had been Dickov I would have made it CLEAR who my Penalty taker was... Its primary school stuff

relax / chill /chillax NO .... we laughed at Brentford and learnt NOTHING

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 15, 2014, 07:41:36 pm by IDM »
Non story?  Changed the game.

We were struggling to get any ball time and couldn't play anywhere near our best.  Won the penalty after some decent football but I and everyone around me was worried seeing HF go to take it.  Yes he could have scored and we would most likely have won the game but it was a risk that failed.

TYSON TAKES THE EFFING PENALTIES!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 15, 2014, 07:43:39 pm by Donnywolf »
 :that: :that: :that: :that: :that: :that:

100% CORRECT sir

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 15, 2014, 07:47:14 pm by glosterred »
The 2 pens we have missed I think I am right in saying Tyson has been on the pitch for both, the 2 he has taken he has scored, therefore, he should be taking them when he is still on the pitch.

COYR

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 15, 2014, 07:47:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This is one of the problems with having a quiet man like Coppinger as captain. It's not the first time this season that we've been crying out for a captain to take control, and  Coppinger has not stepped up. It would not happen with Jones in the team.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 15, 2014, 09:06:55 pm by andysly »
BST.
I said exactly the same, a captain who commands respect, maybe a bit of fear and you don't get squabbles like this.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 15, 2014, 09:10:29 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The team is full of talent,but no warriors,nobody wants to do the hard work needed to win,they are happy to coast along and pick the wage up,we need a Roy Keane type who comes in and sorts the whole place out,it stinks of defeat.
I Am being serious when i say this,there are people among our fans who could do better than this bloke.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 15, 2014, 09:19:17 pm by donnievic »

OR bearing in mind who is CAPTAIN ... Copps should carry out Dickovs wishes / commands and say .. oy Forrester NO !!!
and when Tyson walked away when forrester had ball he looked at copps and copps just looked as though he was thinking its nothing to do with me king of look

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 15, 2014, 09:43:54 pm by Al4475 »
Slightly off the thread so I apologise in advance buit there was one moment of comedy timed to perfection around the 70 minute mark - some bloke not too far away from me shouted out something like, 'do something dickov' at just the moment he headed into the dug out and re-emerged wearing his coat! My mrs says to me -"he was obviouisly listening al and he's thought to himself - 'yeah you're right it's got a bit chillier and I'll do something about that by keeping myself a bit warmer!" I suppose you needed to be sat where we were to appreciate the timing of the comment - coulda been scriptesd by morecambe and wise!

neil grainger

« Reply #27 on November 15, 2014, 11:18:44 pm by neil grainger »
dickov getting blame for forrester penalty then we say rosler for manager makes sense

Yes, actually, I can see some sense in that.

neil grainger

« Reply #28 on November 15, 2014, 11:28:39 pm by neil grainger »
The whole penalty incident screams to me of weakness......in the captaincy and the management and the coaching.
Copps is a legend and by far my favourite Rovers player but he's not a captain. McCombe should have been captain today and whenever Rob Jones is out.

I hate to say this but my patience has run out with regard to Dickov.
I've backed him all the way whilst many have criticised him but I honestly feel he was found out today. He should have been able to engineer a win today and he failed.

And listening to the dreadful, sycophantic interview of PD on Radio Sheffield tonight, when he utterly failed to admit to any shortcomings or recognise that we threw that game away, well.......I honestly feel it's time for a change.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
PD
« Reply #29 on November 16, 2014, 08:38:11 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
You just feel he's very close to being told thanks but. The fact McCullough and Butler were unavailable might provide him with mitigating circumstances. TBH, if we're to pull the trigger now is the time.  Give the new coach/manager a bit of time to assess things before tinkering in January. Plenty of time to make something of this season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012