Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 02:38:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scottish Independence.  (Read 7582 times)

andysly

• VSC Member
Scottish Independence.
« on November 18, 2014, 08:13:34 pm by andysly »
Let them vote again as they leave the match tonight.
They boo the national anthem, yet when given the opportunity they want to be part of the United Kingdom.

Never mind God Save the Queen, let's us have our own National Identity instead of keeping the Celts under our wing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

coventryrover

• Forum Member
Re: Scottish Independence.
« Reply #1 on November 18, 2014, 08:28:17 pm by coventryrover »
Take a chill pill..you expect the scots to chear it?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 18, 2014, 08:29:35 pm by dknward2 »
Dont expect a boo just respect and say nothing its not hard not to be a prick

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 18, 2014, 08:32:38 pm by andysly »
My point being its their anthem when they choose, we should use something else.
We are not Great Britain tonight we are England

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 18, 2014, 08:35:00 pm by coventryrover »
Agreed we should have our own anthem..something abit more rousing than GSTQ

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 18, 2014, 08:48:36 pm by Boomstick »
Jerusalem should be englands anthem

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 18, 2014, 08:58:09 pm by coventryrover »
no no notooo dull.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 18, 2014, 09:00:38 pm by RobTheRover »
World in Motion?

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 18, 2014, 09:07:05 pm by andysly »
Vindaloo.

Seriously Jerusalem needs to be adopted.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 18, 2014, 09:08:53 pm by coventryrover »
Ilkley Moor Bar T'
hat

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 18, 2014, 09:12:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Qualifiers: Victorious by Muse
Tournament finals: Homeward Bound by Simon & Garfunkel

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 18, 2014, 09:18:20 pm by Bentley Bullet »
L.O.H.A.G. every time.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 18, 2014, 09:33:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Let's All Have A Glop?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 18, 2014, 09:36:35 pm by normal rules »
Rebuild hadrians wall

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 18, 2014, 11:44:29 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 18, 2014, 11:46:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
They say, "When in Rome, do as the Romans"

Last time I was there, I crucified a Jew. I was disappointed to find that they weren't impressed.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 18, 2014, 11:48:36 pm by IDM »
Rebuild hadrians wall

Are you a Roman?

Apart from peace, roads, taxes, aqueducts, sanitation etc what have the Romans ever done for us?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 18, 2014, 11:50:57 pm by silent majority »
I'd have been disappointed if they hadn't shown disrespect tonight, it made the third goal even sweeter! but seriously amazed at how quiet they were tonight.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 19, 2014, 01:00:51 am by hoolahoop »
They say, "When in Rome, do as the Romans"

Last time I was there, I crucified a Jew. I was disappointed to find that they weren't impressed.

Are you allowed to say these things today in our multi- cultural society ? Lol

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 19, 2014, 10:35:25 am by Spud »
What a horrible set of morons, booing a national anthem. Agree with ST though, made the win even sweeter, especially the third goal. We even beat them in the tackling/passion stakes imo, although they spent a lot beating Ireland I dare say.

What a great night all round :)

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 19, 2014, 11:49:55 am by Rios »
What a horrible set of morons, booing a national anthem.

Too right, English fans would never lower themselves to boo a national anthem... or start with anti-IRA chants (how long ago now?) in response, despite the majority of Scotland fans not being Celtic fans whom it was aimed at.  All of it is moronic, but football fans who've had a drink don't tend to be the most cerebral anyway!

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 19, 2014, 12:51:40 pm by Spud »
Yeah of course you'll always get the minority of idiots at any game, but I've never heard such dis-respect on that scale. Maybe I've led a sheltered life or it was a clever sound edit on itv's part. Or maybe they've just got a massive chip on their shoulders.
I've always rooted for all the home nations at any sport, the Scots are getting tiresome however.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 19, 2014, 01:06:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
But it's OK when the massed ranks of England fans boo and whistle other nation's national anthems when they're played pre-match? So much for respect. You reap what you sow.

BTW, as an atheist and a republican I don't have any repect for God Save The Queen either - and also why I wouldn't want Jerusalem as a replacement either. It doesn't mean I don't love my country.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 19, 2014, 02:24:52 pm by silent majority »
England fans stopped booing other nations anthems years ago. However because of the disgraceful way they treated ours it was no surprise that the England fans responded the way they did.

Having said that there was a minutes applause for a young Scotland fan last night and every England fan joined in, so maybe their morals aren't completely shot.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 19, 2014, 02:28:23 pm by Rios »
Yeah of course you'll always get the minority of idiots at any game, but I've never heard such dis-respect on that scale. Maybe I've led a sheltered life or it was a clever sound edit on itv's part. Or maybe they've just got a massive chip on their shoulders.
I've always rooted for all the home nations at any sport, the Scots are getting tiresome however.

Maybe you've just hit the nail on the head.  None of the other home nations want England to win... at anything.  The fact that you look down on them and patronisingly want them to win is what they hate.  Everyone wants to matter, nobody wants to be the small brother that nobody takes seriously, they do want that hate to be reciprocated.  Leeds and SheffW fans took the same attitude with us when we were at our lowest ebb but that soon wore off when we were beating them.

Despite the protestations from yourself I think you're in the minority as there are threads on here and all over other English club sides messageboards about last nights game and the recent referendum proving that a lot of English do care about it... even if the Scottish football team is second rate at best and unlikely to get back to the (respective!) glory years of the 70/80s.

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 19, 2014, 02:33:44 pm by DubaiRover »
But it's OK when the massed ranks of England fans boo and whistle other nation's national anthems when they're played pre-match? So much for respect. You reap what you sow.

BTW, as an atheist and a republican I don't have any repect for God Save The Queen either - and also why I wouldn't want Jerusalem as a replacement either. It doesn't mean I don't love my country.

Exactly the same for me, Gracious Queen? My arse. Noble? lol. There is no blood in that vile parasitic family better than my families.
The mess we have created in Jewrusalam, why the feck would we want to sing about that vile dump?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 19, 2014, 03:13:44 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
England fans stopped booing other nations anthems years ago.

I can't remember the last time when England had a home match where the opponent's national anthem wasn't whistled and jeered throughout by England fans. It's always made me cringe when they do it as it is completely disrespectful.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:16:15 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 19, 2014, 03:27:34 pm by bpoolrover »

Exactly the same for me, Gracious Queen? My arse. Noble? lol. There is no blood in that vile parasitic family better than my families.
The mess we have created in Jewrusalam, why the feck would we want to sing about that vile dump?
why is it a parasite family what have they done to you

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 19, 2014, 04:11:39 pm by Spud »

I'd like em competing with us at major finals in the same way I'd love all our local rivals competing with us in the highest tier possible, of course when we play I hope we win.
How is that patronising? Get off yer high horse.

Maybe you've just hit the nail on the head.  None of the other home nations want England to win... at anything.  The fact that you look down on them and patronisingly want them to win is what they hate.  Everyone wants to matter, nobody wants to be the small brother that nobody takes seriously, they do want that hate to be reciprocated.  Leeds and SheffW fans took the same attitude with us when we were at our lowest ebb but that soon wore off when we were beating them.

Despite the protestations from yourself I think you're in the minority as there are threads on here and all over other English club sides messageboards about last nights game and the recent referendum proving that a lot of English do care about it... even if the Scottish football team is second rate at best and unlikely to get back to the (respective!) glory years of the 70/80s.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 19, 2014, 04:16:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SM

Point of order. Since when has GSTQ been "our" national anthem?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012