Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 12:29:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That should shut the moaners up  (Read 11152 times)

IC1967

• Forum Member
Re: That should shut the moaners up
« Reply #30 on December 26, 2014, 10:55:43 pm by IC1967 »
Well said Askern. Some people are never happy. When will these moaning minnies realise what an excellent manager we've got?

Have they forgotten last season? We were virtually safe with several games to go. It takes a manager with real ability to achieve that with the resources he had at his disposal.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 26, 2014, 11:00:11 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Well said Askern. Some people are never happy. When will these moaning minnies realise what an excellent manager we've got?

Have they forgotten last season? We were virtually safe with several games to go. It takes a manager with real ability to achieve that with the resources he had at his disposal.

Hilarious. :lol:

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 26, 2014, 11:02:21 pm by Bessie Red »
We are getting more consistent. We are 6th in the form table over last 6 games & 8th over last 10.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 26, 2014, 11:03:40 pm by IC1967 »
We are getting more consistent. We are 6th in the form table over last 6 games & 8th over last 10.

I'm liking your use of statistics.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 26, 2014, 11:06:18 pm by the vicar »
1st game I've seen this season and was really impressed with all the "A's namely attitude, aptitude and aggression.
Well done to all the lads today for a stunning performance.........it could / should have been quite easily 6-0. Got cold as hell but I loved it  today RTID.
Thought the officials were poor today though.

You was wrong hoola in the end lol

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 26, 2014, 11:11:14 pm by the vicar »
1st game I've seen this season and was really impressed with all the "A's namely attitude, aptitude and aggression.
Well done to all the lads today for a stunning performance.........it could / should have been quite easily 6-0. Got cold as hell but I loved it  today RTID.

Shut the moaners up? I have to laugh. 2 0 up the reds passing the ball all over the pitch. Fans shouting ole. Ole.ole.yet some some fans still shouting come on Donny get at them ? What's that all about ? Great win fantastic display. N yes I'll say it again we will go up. Wether you like my element or not. I don't care.some will still moan if we beat chelsea ffs
if we get 2 they will want 4, if we get 4 they will want 6, and so on they will never stop moaning

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 27, 2014, 12:31:25 am by hoolahoop »

True I was wrong but the 4-0 should have been achieved but for a post and some glaring opportunities when we failed to pull the trigger. PD hopefully had words with the offenders afterwards I hope. All round an excellent performance Dave on my return......its been a long long time (almost 1 1/2 seasons out of the action). Thought the  supporters were noisy today as well - I'm back mate and there was some beautiful footy played out there today at times. :)

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 27, 2014, 07:49:23 am by coventryrover »
Yesterdays was a good performance, we played like the away side.  So congratulations go to Dickov.

Coventry were a poor side.  They reminded me a little of a SOD side; keeping possession but no threat.  They were very fragile at the back.

It would be very interesting to see if Dickov has developed a plan B topay against sides that hang off and couter; as many of the victors at KMS have done.

So for me the judgements out on him

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 27, 2014, 08:13:40 am by Ian Nimmo »

It was a good team performance today, even though Coventry were poor, but is it now 3 back to back wins in 18 months.
My thoughts on PD is based on performance over lengthy period of time, not just one game

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on December 27, 2014, 08:18:12 am by RTID75 »
Good to read you're back Hoola! Be thankful it was yesterday and not the last home game which was like having a tooth pulled! :-D

Much, much better yesterday. Hopefully that was the real Rovers and we continue in that vein. I have never wished a manager out, but even I was having my doubts about Dickov a fortnight ago - it really was that bad!

Keep it going Rovers!

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 27, 2014, 09:58:44 am by IC1967 »
I just hope the moaning minnies will now put their efforts into making some noise in the stadium instead of making noise on the forum. We have an excellent manager who knows what it takes in the Championship. He has gradually worked out what it takes in League 1.

It's a good job we all don't panic at the first sign of trouble. Well done to the directors for keeping the faith.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 27, 2014, 10:29:16 am by DRFCSouth »
Credit where it is due for Dickov. I'm not convinced by him but yesterday and at Swindon he has picked up big results. Still not the manager for us IMO but he may yet prove us doubters wrong.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 27, 2014, 10:31:01 am by the vicar »

True I was wrong but the 4-0 should have been achieved but for a post and some glaring opportunities when we failed to pull the trigger. PD hopefully had words with the offenders afterwards I hope. All round an excellent performance Dave on my return......its been a long long time (almost 1 1/2 seasons out of the action). Thought the  supporters were noisy today as well - I'm back mate and there was some beautiful footy played out there today at times. :)
you are right hoola

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on December 27, 2014, 02:35:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I just hope the moaning minnies will now put their efforts into making some noise in the stadium instead of making noise on the forum. We have an excellent manager who knows what it takes in the Championship. He has gradually worked out what it takes in League 1.

It's a good job we all don't panic at the first sign of trouble. Well done to the directors for keeping the faith.

Since when have you taken your own advice and made any noise at the Keepmoat?

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 28, 2014, 12:35:54 pm by Ian Nimmo »

? we got relegated from the championship under PD

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 28, 2014, 12:38:41 pm by DRFCSouth »
That's lost on him though. We were amazing for 38 games last year though.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 28, 2014, 05:35:37 pm by IC1967 »

? we got relegated from the championship under PD

And your point is? Any manager that can take a team with our limited resources and be virtually safe after 38 games is brilliant in my book. There is such a thing as bad luck you know.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 28, 2014, 05:37:08 pm by IC1967 »
Another fine result today. I expect complete silence from the moaning minnies today. Unless they actually want to praise the manager and team for a change.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 28, 2014, 05:49:15 pm by besty »
Another fine result today. I expect complete silence from the moaning minnies today. Unless they actually want to praise the manager and team for a change.

Over the last 10 games Posh are bottom of the form league,theyve lost their last 4 home games and weve only got a point,fecking krap!!!!

Joking but someone might point this out  :thumbsup:

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 28, 2014, 06:01:59 pm by IC1967 »

Over the last 10 games Posh are bottom of the form league,theyve lost their last 4 home games and weve only got a point,fecking krap!!!!

Joking but someone might point this out  :thumbsup:

Interesting statistics. I like a person that puts weight behind statistics. You make a good point. However I'll take the rough with the smooth over a long period before I start moaning at the team and manager. 7 points out of the last 9 with 2 away games is excellent given the pressure the moaning minnies were heaping on. A bit more support and we'd probably have got 9 from the last 9. I blame the moaning minnies.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on December 28, 2014, 06:04:36 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I blame the moaning minnies.

Well stop f***ing moaning then.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 28, 2014, 06:07:18 pm by IC1967 »

I blame the moaning minnies.

Well stop f***ing moaning then.

I'll have you know I have always been behind Mr Dickov and never moaned once about him. In fact I have done nothing but praise him . Can you say the same?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on December 28, 2014, 06:08:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Yes I can!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 28, 2014, 06:09:37 pm by Chris Black come back »
Can't argue with 7 from 9 especially with two of those games being away.

Context is important though. Apparently if Peterborough had lost today it would have been the worst home run in their history (five straight home defeats) so we are not playing a form team.

The Bristol City game will be a good test. Not sure they will be at 100pc as league is clearly their priority and they are now coming under a bit of pressure at the top.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 28, 2014, 06:11:49 pm by IC1967 »
Yes I can!

Well  done! If only more supporters were loyal and intelligent like what we are.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 28, 2014, 06:17:55 pm by IC1967 »
Can't argue with 7 from 9 especially with two of those games being away.

Context is important though. Apparently if Peterborough had lost today it would have been the worst home run in their history (five straight home defeats) so we are not playing a form team.

The Bristol City game will be a good test. Not sure they will be at 100pc as league is clearly their priority and they are now coming under a bit of pressure at the top.

Context is important. It's been 2 games in quick succession and no doubt there is more than the usual amount of alcohol in the players bloodstream than normal.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on December 28, 2014, 06:22:19 pm by DRFCSouth »
I've moaned about Dickov. I'm not completely silent. Another positive result and well done to the team and Dickov. My stance on him doesn't change.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 28, 2014, 06:24:09 pm by IC1967 »
I've moaned about Dickov. I'm not completely silent. Another positive result and well done to the team and Dickov. My stance on him doesn't change.

If we win the next 10 games and get promoted will you change your mind?

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on December 28, 2014, 06:31:28 pm by DRFCSouth »

I don't think its about promotion. If we finish above mid table to fringes of play offs that would be better than the finish I predicted (mid table). If we were to do better then he would change the mind of a lot of the doubters.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 28, 2014, 08:03:48 pm by dickos1 »

I don't think its about promotion. If we finish above mid table to fringes of play offs that would be better than the finish I predicted (mid table). If we were to do better then he would change the mind of a lot of the doubters.

So at the minute were doing exactly as you expected us to, so why are you unhappy with him?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012