Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 11:06:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The equalising goal  (Read 6689 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
The equalising goal
« on January 03, 2015, 05:40:24 pm by Filo »
I'm a bit pissed off about it, it came i directly from when the ref stopped the game for an injury to a Bristol player when we had just gained possesion in a promising attack, why didn't the ref stop the game when Bristol had the ball and the player was down?

The end result is the ball was given back to us with a kick up to Johnstone, he kicked it back, gave Bristol the ball and the goal resulted from it!

Overall though we were by far the best team until we ran out of steam on 70 mins, and if they are top of the league, it shows what a poor league it is.

Special mentions go to Furman, Robinson and Keegan, who were all outstanding

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: The equalising goal
« Reply #1 on January 03, 2015, 05:41:40 pm by mushRTID »
Stevens motm for me. Good performance by all though.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 03, 2015, 05:41:56 pm by GazLaz »
You can't press for 90mins.

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 03, 2015, 06:11:24 pm by scotlandsbest »
keegan motm for me
robinson doing a job hes not accustomed to
and wabarra needs to get a video of james o connor on how to run the channels overlapping for copps will give us space and create more opening chance
in first half we weren't at the races at all on the right

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 03, 2015, 06:13:33 pm by glosterred »
Thought the sponsors got it right, Furman for me. Going to miss him whilst he is away with SA

COYR

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
FA Cup
« Reply #5 on January 03, 2015, 06:21:30 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Agree with choice of Furman and overall we were strong apart from that one moment. On balance should have won that at a canter but the lack of composure around the box let us down.

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 03, 2015, 06:28:05 pm by leedshayter »
ROBINSON wtf???

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 03, 2015, 06:48:54 pm by stuey »
Sorry, but Theo is stealing a living. Terrible excuse for a footballer. His first touch is terrible, and his attempts to hold up the ball are laughable. Yes he has pace, but hasn't a clue how to use it.

But in all I thought we were excellent today, Furman MOTM for me, but I thought Keegan was excellent and Wellens should a few nice touches, and how the hell did Bennett miss that last minute sitter??

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 03, 2015, 07:09:40 pm by Big MAC »
JET played a better pass with his chest than Theo managed with his feet! He can't jump to win headers, and has no ability to anticipate what could happen and try to get in a dangerous position.

Being quick does not make you a good striker, it makes you a sprinter! If he can catch a ball with his hands he should try American football!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 03, 2015, 07:19:24 pm by RobTheRover »
Harsh comments on Theo, guys.

He worked his socks off today,  and generally did pretty well at linking play and putting pressure on opposition players. He didn't really have any clear scoring opportunities though, but that's not strictly his fault.

Happy with the performance today and the effort and desire displayed. I just thought at times we looked like we wanted to walk it in and against a team as organised as City were you just can't do that.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 03, 2015, 07:20:56 pm by i_ateallthepies »
JET playing in League 1, what a wasted talent.  Looks to be carrying a bit of insulation now too.

Some great performances today, Stevens, Butler and Furman were outstanding but MoM for me has to be Keegan.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 03, 2015, 07:23:10 pm by i_ateallthepies »

He worked his socks off today,  and generally did pretty well at linking play and putting pressure on opposition players. He didn't really have any clear scoring opportunities though, but that's not strictly his fault.

Happy with the performance today and the effort and desire displayed. I just thought at times we looked like we wanted to walk it in and against a team as organised as City were you just can't do that.

I think that was mostly down to a very well organised Brizzle defence Rob.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 03, 2015, 07:45:31 pm by Donnywolf »
I'm a bit pissed off about it, it came i directly from when the ref stopped the game for an injury to a Bristol player when we had just gained possesion in a promising attack, why didn't the ref stop the game when Bristol had the ball and the player was down?

The end result is the ball was given back to us with a kick up to Johnstone, he kicked it back, gave Bristol the ball and the goal resulted from it!

Overall though we were by far the best team until we ran out of steam on 70 mins, and if they are top of the league, it shows what a poor league it is.

Returning to the OP ... I agree it was utterly galling that the Ref stopped the game when we had chance to break. Bloody annoying and the Ref can use his get out of Jail card by indicating "Head injury".

Piss poor decision and all we can expect now is a plum draw (say away Man City) and a defeat at Ashton Gate ! Having said that they looked no better than us as Filo identified

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 03, 2015, 08:01:49 pm by IDM »

How many of our best chances were stopped by City defenders throwing their bodies in line? 

Folks are harsh on Theo, I thought he worked hard and got better as the game went on.  He could do with reading the game a bit quicker and attacking the ball more.

Defence was solid, Keegan broke up (almost) everything, Furman ran his heart out, Coppinger did everything but score and Wellens' organisation was there for all to see if however a few of his attempted special passes didn't work.

MotM was Enda Stevens IMHO.  Great he has signed for the season, let's hope we can secure him for longer.

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 03, 2015, 08:33:32 pm by djoftherovers1 »
Theo should be scoring for fun in this league with his pace but he is a waste of a shirt, the standing ovation when he was taken off was laughable really. What did he actually do apart from run around like a headless chicken.... The sooner his contract is up the better.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 03, 2015, 08:41:37 pm by Filo »
Theo never gave the Bristol defence a minutes peace, hence the reason the Bristol keeper shit his pants everytime the ball went near him. People need to look at the bigger picture with him, as soon as Main came on there was no closing down from him at all!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 03, 2015, 08:45:08 pm by drfc1951 »
How many chances did Theo actually have, plus he never had any support in the box from midfield

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 03, 2015, 09:05:28 pm by bobjimwilly »
Theo should be scoring for fun in this league with his pace but he is a waste of a shirt, the standing ovation when he was taken off was laughable really. What did he actually do apart from run around like a headless chicken.... The sooner his contract is up the better.

I think the standing ovation showed that the majority recognised his effort and positive influence on the game.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 03, 2015, 09:07:18 pm by donnievic »
Scoring for fun in this league ??? It's not as though he had been getting chances left right and centre,he put a good shift in today and if he isn't getting the chances to finish then his work rate today is 2nd best thing

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 03, 2015, 10:09:59 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Theo never gave the Bristol defence a minutes peace, hence the reason the Bristol keeper shit his pants everytime the ball went near him. People need to look at the bigger picture with him, as soon as Main came on there was no closing down from him at all!

Damn right Filo he worked his wotsits off hassling them all the time

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 04, 2015, 12:01:07 am by RobTheRover »

Yes, which is why I used the phrase "against a team as organised as City were".

;)

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 04, 2015, 12:14:35 am by aidanstu »
In fairness to the ref the player wax face down , not moving and could of well had a serious head injury. It wasn't the refs fault hhd player deliberately over reacted to break up play . Should have been a yellow

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 04, 2015, 12:57:05 am by RobTheRover »
Never mind the Ref's failings, what about that oxygen thief with the flag on the West stand touchline?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 04, 2015, 01:01:00 am by Filo »
Never mind the Ref's failings, what about that oxygen thief with the flag on the West stand touchline?

Yes, the one where he flagged Theo offside when he was clearly three yards onside was unbelivable!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 04, 2015, 01:29:40 am by RobTheRover »
It must have been the purple and green of the horrendous Bristol City away kit acting as some sort of camouflage.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 04, 2015, 02:40:41 am by Lesonthewest »
Thought we were excellent, just the type of performance you should expect to see from the home side, we took the game to them, pressed high up the pitch & created chances. Stevens was the mom for me ran close by Keegan. Really unlucky not to win that today but the performance was good to watch & long may it continue.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 04, 2015, 11:24:34 am by roversontheup »
It must have been the purple and green of the horrendous Bristol City away kit acting as some sort of camouflage.

I actually liked their kit yesterday.  It wasn't a traditional looking footie kit but I loved the colours.

And No, this isn't a wind up!

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 04, 2015, 01:16:17 pm by StocktonRover »
They looked like Wimbledon ball boys

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 04, 2015, 03:44:21 pm by ravenrover »

And the fact that Wellens had chested the ball down and had a clear run on their goal, he wasn't best pleased if I lip read him correctly

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 04, 2015, 03:58:29 pm by Filo »
In fairness to the ref the player wax face down , not moving and could of well had a serious head injury. It wasn't the refs fault hhd player deliberately over reacted to break up play . Should have been a yellow

He was face down when Bristol had the ball, but stopped play when we won it

TinyPortal © 2005-2012