Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 02:29:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: CLUB WILL LOOSE ST HOLDERS  (Read 28362 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: CLUB WILL LOOSE ST HOLDERS
« Reply #150 on January 15, 2015, 10:50:32 am by steve@dcfd »
People only usually protest when it concerns them that is the way of the world.

The current situation does n't concern me, but I still made plenty of noises supporting your situation, maybe I should have just not bothered, after all I'm alright Jack ;)

The club and the fans representatives have hung the present SS season ticket holders out to dry. They views in the decision making were never considered. When did we receive a letter, as you say only 290, to inform us that could happen no. So if we want to guarantee a seat or seats together with others in an area you want you have got to wait till June to clarify that.

Also if you decide to stay in the SS you will not guarantee you can sit in a seat you get there early to sit in. Arguments could happen with supporters who want to stand and those who want to sit. Yet supporters on here are being told to move lower to accommodate standers who want to sing.

I think you misunderstand me, I agree that ss season ticket holders have been shit on, but shitting on the rest of the season ticket holders to pacify them is wrong as well

This not an argument with you or season ticket holders elsewhere but the club and fans representatives have not considered the views of SS season ticket holders in their decision making. They have said they will have to accommodate what we want to suit our plans.

What they need to say when publicising the sale of SS tickets now whether season tickets or on the day is you may have limited view when you purchase the ticket due to other supporters wanting to stand. Then supporters can make up their mind whether to purchase.

Season ticket holders who want to sit must move to other stands but cannot be guaranteed a seat of their choice.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on January 15, 2015, 10:51:00 am by Jenny »
I think you misunderstand me, I agree that ss season ticket holders have been shit on, but shitting on the rest of the season ticket holders to pacify them is wrong as well

It is funny how your tune has changed as soon as someone suggests a solution that might affect you... :)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on January 15, 2015, 10:55:34 am by Filo »

It is funny how your tune has changed as soon as someone suggests a solution that might affect you... :)

It's not like you to take things out of context Jenny

My tune has n't changed, I thought yesterday that the SS Season ticket holders have been shit on, I still think that today, I've been consistent all along

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on January 15, 2015, 10:56:14 am by steve@dcfd »

Jenny the situation is not funny if you are being affected the fans representatives should have ensured the season ticket holders in the SS were informed. But looking who was at the meetings they have yet again voiced what they want from the club.

I want the club to make a statement saying to make the atmosphere better they sanction standing in the SS.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on January 15, 2015, 11:02:29 am by RJHeader »

Jenny the situation is not funny if you are being affected the fans representatives should have ensured the season ticket holders in the SS were informed. But looking who was at the meetings they have yet again voiced what they want from the club.

I want the club to make a statement saying to make the atmosphere better they sanction standing in the SS.

The meetings were open to anyone, cant blame the fan panels just because people couldnt be arsed to turn up

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on January 15, 2015, 11:30:39 am by Jenny »

I am affected, I have a seat in the South Stand, I know if I chose to renew in the SS I can't guarantee where I will be sat...

The club are never going to be make a statement saying they sanction standing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on January 15, 2015, 11:38:07 am by Bentley Bullet »
Does that imply that the club and the VSC are not singing from the same hymn sheet?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on January 15, 2015, 11:39:44 am by steve@dcfd »

The meetings were open to anyone, cant blame the fan panels just because people couldnt be arsed to turn up

But I can blame the club and the fans representatives who could not be arsed to communicate with the season ticket holders.

This not an argument with you. You may be a season ticket holder or on the day supporter you may want to pay less for the privilege of standing with a restricted view and pay less for it. You also may be a SS season ticket holder who likes to stand that is your choice and not bothered where you sit stand.

But the club have not communicated with season ticket holders before the announcement, it could have said it is important to SS season ticket holders attend the fan panel meeting because it could affect your seat for next season. If you cannot attend here some questions or could you give your views to discuss at the meeting. That did not happen Why?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on January 15, 2015, 11:43:54 am by Dagenham Rover »

You are missing the point RJ the chances are it was going to happen, fans panel blurb said discussions not decisions, however after the decision was taken the season ticket holders affected should have been contacted its that simple.

Ryan Murrant states in his statement on Dros there were similar concerns at Leicester when they made a stand unreserved so why weren't lessons taken from his experience there and try to alleviate concerns before hand after all as he says they are the same concerns he has experienced doing the same thing somewhere else.

At the end of it the SS and wsn season ticket holders have been shit on with no real thought by the club to the potential individual consequences, the possibility of similar facility seats in the west or east are very limited because people have already had them for years,  so just the leftovers which will tend to be middle of the row etc etc.

Just because its "only" a few being vocal on here doesn't mean its only a few that are affected, lots of people do not use the internet and may well only find out when snail mail letters finally go out!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on January 15, 2015, 12:26:38 pm by bobjimwilly »
But I can blame the club and the fans representatives who could not be arsed to communicate with the season ticket holders.

I take exception to that Steve. I attended the first two fan panels where fans were simply asked to discuss ideas. The club has made all the decisions, and we weren't notified in advance of those decisions being made. And how the heck do you expect anyone outside of the club to communicate directly with season ticket holders? All the representatives in the fan panels have been able to do is spread the statements that have been put out by the club, that is it.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on January 15, 2015, 12:38:19 pm by steve@dcfd »

I take exception to that Steve. I attended the first two fan panels where fans were simply asked to discuss ideas. The club has made all the decisions, and we weren't notified in advance of those decisions being made. And how the heck do you expect anyone outside of the club to communicate directly with season ticket holders? All the representatives in the fan panels have been able to do is spread the statements that have been put out by the club, that is it.

So what you are saying the fans panels only discussed the plans in the SS the representatives and or fans did not have any knowledge of the impending decisions. Also did any of the fans representatives ask the club to send out information and questionnaire to the season ticket holders before the final decision were made.

Surely that what fans representatives should do if any fans are going to be affected even if it's only 10% of the total.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on January 15, 2015, 12:53:37 pm by hoolahoop »
Look you are never going to make everyone happy all the time..........it's a big bloody stadium with unrestricted views everywhere except parts of the central WS.

If consultations with every individual supporter had taken place .......then it wouldn't happen and it's needed before some of you end up sitting in a soulless stadium all by yoursens. You/me/whoever don't own the rights to any seats in the Keepmoat.

Unfortunately this should have been done right from the start then this would never have happened but that wasn't possible. Back off some of you please and bloody be accommodating/compromising for once this is ridiculous.

It's this very mentality which is helping to turn young and old supporters off and affecting atmospheres.

Please stop whingeing

It would NOT be necessary at all if some of you used this venom against every initiative against the opposition supporters. Instead it's moan, moan , moan . If it's not the price of the ale or pies it's summat else

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on January 15, 2015, 01:00:19 pm by Jenny »

So what you are saying the fans panels only discussed the plans in the SS the representatives and or fans did not have any knowledge of the impending decisions. Also did any of the fans representatives ask the club to send out information and questionnaire to the season ticket holders before the final decision were made.

Surely that what fans representatives should do if any fans are going to be affected even if it's only 10% of the total.

Steve, I take it the next time that the fan panel meets you will be attending?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on January 15, 2015, 02:00:22 pm by silent majority »
Does that imply that the club and the VSC are not singing from the same hymn sheet?

I'm not sure what the reference is here?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on January 15, 2015, 02:43:01 pm by Donnywolf »

I'm not sure what the reference is here?

Apologies if I am wrong but I read it as a lol ... with the reference to singing being the active bit !

As I said could be wrong ... I might have dreamt it
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:50:32 pm by Donnywolf »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on January 15, 2015, 03:11:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
quote author=Jenny

Steve, I take it the next time that the fan panel meets you will be attending?

Jenny if I am available I will do my up  most to go to a discussion where the final decisions are made by the club afterwards with no notification to the participants..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:13:26 pm by steve@dcfd »

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on January 15, 2015, 03:13:22 pm by drfc1951 »
Look you are never going to make everyone happy all the time..........it's a big bloody stadium with unrestricted views everywhere except parts of the central WS.

If consultations with every individual supporter had taken place .......then it wouldn't happen and it's needed before some of you end up sitting in a soulless stadium all by yoursens. You/me/whoever don't own the rights to any seats in the Keepmoat.

Unfortunately this should have been done right from the start then this would never have happened but that wasn't possible. Back off some of you please and bloody be accommodating/compromising for once this is ridiculous.

It's this very mentality which is helping to turn young and old supporters off and affecting atmospheres.

Please stop whingeing

It would NOT be necessary at all if some of you used this venom against every initiative against the opposition supporters. Instead it's moan, moan , moan . If it's not the price of the ale or pies it's summat else

I agree time to give it a rest.

db07

« Reply #167 on January 15, 2015, 07:33:12 pm by db07 »
the Club should have contacted to season ticket holders who would be affected by this move, not by a small group. Atmosphere is created by what happens on the pitch, so far this season we have not had a lot to shout about, and like a few others on this site I won't be renewing my 2 season tickets

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on January 15, 2015, 10:06:14 pm by drfc1951 »
Iam a south stand season ticket holder I am not bothered about this.Where I sit is just to the left of big screen,i will still get a seat there every game next season.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on January 15, 2015, 10:40:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
I am a south stand season ticket holder who sits in near the top and middle of the stand. I will in exciting times get up and out of my seat. I will sing and shout and applaud my team.

I have bought season tickets to support the club even when I have not agreed with decisions the club have made. I have supported the players on the pitch with in this period.

I sit in front of supporters I have known for along time Who stand for most of the game their choice and we have good banter throughout the game even when the display on the  pitch has not  been good to watch.

Now if I buy a season ticket in the SS or on the day ticket I will have to move away from these supporters because I know others will come their and want to stand, which I do not want to do all the game.
So avoid arguments I would have to find another seat, however early I arrive at the ground. This I am told by others on this site will provide better atmosphere.

The club should have communicated directly with SS season ticket holders before decisions were made but that did not happen, it was discussed in fan panels yet the decisions were made without notifying said fans first.

So it may benefit the atmosphere in the ground, it may benefit supporters who want cheaper season tickets and want sit/ stand and get together. Some season ticket holders will be happy with the change others like me are not happy that the club made decisions without communicating with us.

You may call it moaning or whinging but I always thought that the club was its supporters and others like me feel our views have been disregarded. Last word on the subject good night one and all.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on January 16, 2015, 03:54:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I'm a west stand-B ST holder so not disadvantaged in any way by this change but it is clear to me that the club have made a bit of a rick of this to say the very least.  Best of intentions doubtlessly but a rick nonetheless.

It surely must have been clear to the club (and the fan representatives that took part) that the intent of the meetings was to discuss a change to the status quo, and given the subject up for discussion, it should have been self evident to those same people that the change being sought would disadvantage a proportion of the existing south stand support.
Irrespective of the obvious issue of showing courtesy to those people the club has an obvious commercial imperative to avoid disenfranchising its customers but has managed to overlook that nonetheless.
Those 'supporter representatives' who were there with the sole purpose of persuading the club to make this change can be forgiven for sticking to their agenda but where was the balance we would hope would be provided by the VSC representatives?   It seems they too have failed to ensure that ALL supporters' views are given due consideration.
Sure, the fact that a meeting was taking place wasn't kept secret but surely if it was the intention that decisions would be made on the basis of these discussions then wouldn't it have been better to make it known to everyone what was at stake so that those who may be disadvantaged would at least get the chance to give their two-pennorth before any decision was made?

It's too late now of course, the genie is out of the bottle.  So if the club is to regain any lost ground with these people they need to find some way to sweeten the pill.
Perhaps they could give SS ST holders first dibs on choosing seats elsewhere before the rest of us get the chance to move seats, and give them the seat at the same price their existing seat would be for a season.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on January 16, 2015, 04:05:13 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm a west stand-B ST holder so not disadvantaged in any way by this change but it is clear to me that the club have made a bit of a rick of this to say the very least.  Best of intentions doubtlessly but a rick nonetheless.

It surely must have been clear to the club (and the fan representatives that took part) that the intent of the meetings was to discuss a change to the status quo, and given the subject up for discussion, it should have been self evident to those same people that the change being sought would disadvantage a proportion of the existing south stand support.
Irrespective of the obvious issue of showing courtesy to those people the club has an obvious commercial imperative to avoid disenfranchising its customers but has managed to overlook that nonetheless.
Those 'supporter representatives' who were there with the sole purpose of persuading the club to make this change can be forgiven for sticking to their agenda but where was the balance we would hope would be provided by the VSC representatives?   It seems they too have failed to ensure that ALL supporters' views are given due consideration.
Sure, the fact that a meeting was taking place wasn't kept secret but surely if it was the intention that decisions would be made on the basis of these discussions then wouldn't it have been better to make it known to everyone what was at stake so that those who may be disadvantaged would at least get the chance to give their two-pennorth before any decision was made?

It's too late now of course, the genie is out of the bottle.  So if the club is to regain any lost ground with these people they need to find some way to sweeten the pill.
Perhaps they could give SS ST holders first dibs on choosing seats elsewhere before the rest of us get the chance to move seats, and give them the seat at the same price their existing seat would be for a season.

I think that's a little bit unfair.  The VSC guys I've spoken to who attended were under the impression and information that actually the fans affected were to be consulted first and that this hasn't happened has been the wrong move.

Hopefully a lesson learnt there by some in jumping ahead without thinking a little first IMO.  I'm directly affected by it and have got a new ST, but it's still the wrong move to have not consulted.

It is done now though and all that can be done is learning lessons for future changes.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on January 16, 2015, 04:22:21 pm by Dagenham Rover »

I think that's a little bit unfair.  The VSC guys I've spoken to who attended were under the impression and information that actually the fans affected were to be consulted first and that this hasn't happened has been the wrong move.

Hopefully a lesson learnt there by some in jumping ahead without thinking a little first IMO.  I'm directly affected by it and have got a new ST, but it's still the wrong move to have not consulted.

It is done now though and all that can be done is learning lessons for future changes.

My views as well but put somewhat more eloquently   :)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on January 16, 2015, 05:05:19 pm by i_ateallthepies »
My comment as regards the VSC input was based on what I've read up to now.  I don't think it has been said before this BFYP that they were under that impression but if it has then I have missed it and I'll apologise now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012