Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 06:20:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lee Fowler  (Read 6857 times)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
Lee Fowler
« on January 30, 2015, 04:00:13 pm by Donnybax »
Saunders signs him for Crawley. LOL

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: Lee Fowler
« Reply #1 on January 30, 2015, 04:03:14 pm by Dare to dream! »
Why? They must be best mates

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 30, 2015, 04:39:32 pm by GazLaz »
His 22nd club. He can play Fowler when he's on it. It's just getting him on it, well getting him off it is the key.

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 30, 2015, 05:26:36 pm by uptonson »
Why? They must be best mates

Shagging his Mrs. :welcome:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 30, 2015, 06:23:21 pm by jonnydog »

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 30, 2015, 07:12:26 pm by uptonson »
Saunders signs him for Crawley. LOL

And Emile Sinclair signs for York.  We have had them all in past. :that:

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 30, 2015, 08:06:38 pm by southwestexile »
Always thought Arthur Fowler was the better player of the twins

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 30, 2015, 09:17:13 pm by Chris Black come back »
When we played at Crawley two years ago the performance by Fowler was really quite something.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 31, 2015, 06:03:14 am by GazLaz »
He played in the centre with Harper didn't he? The game was on Sky.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 31, 2015, 07:34:57 am by The Red Baron »
I watched that on Sky. It was the game where the Corporal did the post-match interview and said the performance was just not good enough. I imagine he said something much stronger to the players!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 31, 2015, 07:47:22 am by GazLaz »
Jones' post match interview was cringe worthy.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 31, 2015, 08:13:09 am by The Red Baron »
Really? I thought it was very honest. None of that "well, we've come away and taken a point" nonsense that you often get when a team has played badly.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 31, 2015, 08:14:47 am by glosterred »
Desperate move from a desperate manager

COYR

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 31, 2015, 08:27:29 am by ss1953 »

COYR

Dean Saunders was so desperate, that he managed to cobble together a team 2 weeks before the season started, that didn't let in many goals and somehow managed to win the league title.

Perhaps a little credit is due.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 31, 2015, 09:27:31 am by Branton Rover »
maybe but we wouldn't have got promoted had he stayed with us. Remember it was Flynny who brought in Lundstram & Furman in on loan. He recognised where our weakness was as a team at that point. Our central midfield was so poor with Harper & co stifling our play with sideways passes & pointing xx the only decent lad we had at the time was Dave Syers   

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 31, 2015, 09:59:35 am by Derby Viking »
Flynn was a crossbar away from not getting us promoted

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 31, 2015, 10:06:27 am by GazLaz »
It was a miracle we won the league that year, we were poor all year. We are playing far better football this campaign.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 31, 2015, 10:25:01 am by IDM »
It was a miracle we won the league that year, we were poor all year. We are playing far better football this campaign.

No it wasn't - we got more points than anyone else!  We were very very hard to beat that season, and ground out points.  We were fortunate in that the 2 sides (Notts Co and Tranmere) who were winning loads and top early doors) couldn't sustain their form unlike Swindon, MK and Bristol now.

The football wasn't entertaining too often I do agree...

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 31, 2015, 10:40:18 am by Cramby10 »
complete b**locks. Ok we played attritional winning football but with a team spirit I have not seen the like of at our club before? As opposed to shipping in goals for fun before before Christmas and barely scoring a goal at home this season. Some people will try defend anything. You in particular.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 31, 2015, 10:43:28 am by Dare to dream! »
complete b**locks. Ok we played attritional winning football but with a team spirit I have not seen the like of at our club before? As opposed to shipping in goals for fun before before Christmas and barely scoring a goal at home this season. Some people will try defend anything. You in particular.

I agree with Cramby. We were playing winning football by keeping clean sheets, much better than this season. That was an unreal season for the defence to win the league when everyone is focused on attacking.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 31, 2015, 10:55:09 am by The Red Baron »
Saunders deserves a good deal of credit for building that team spirit and Flynn does for keeping it going. However the common factor throughout the season was Rob Jones.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 31, 2015, 11:34:03 am by IDM »
Saunders deserves a good deal of credit for building that team spirit and Flynn does for keeping it going. However the common factor throughout the season was Rob Jones.

Agreed.

Two great examples:  Notts Co away - they have about 16 corners and literally all but one get cleared by Jones, in the centre of the 6 yard box.  We won 2-0 relatively easily against the early season form team.

Stevenage away and that winning goal in the 94th minute, right in front of us.

I'm sure there are many more examples but these two typified the season and Rob Jones, for me.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 31, 2015, 11:54:05 am by RedArmy »
Rob Jones stood on the wall at Brentford listening to 2000 reds singing his name summed that season up in a moment

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 31, 2015, 12:28:14 pm by GazLaz »
We had more luck that season than I've ever seen us have. The number of games we won by having one good 10 min spell after being second best for the rest of the game was unbelievable.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 31, 2015, 12:42:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
Flynn was a crossbar away from not getting us promoted

To be fair, we would have gone into the play offs if Trotta had scored.

We've not had a bad record there! Entered twice, promoted twice.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 31, 2015, 12:43:42 pm by Dare to dream! »
We had more luck that season than I've ever seen us have. The number of games we won by having one good 10 min spell after being second best for the rest of the game was unbelievable.

There's no such thing as luck. Hard work and quality got us those last minute winners

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 31, 2015, 12:56:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I knew from the night we ground out a point at Bramall Lane early that season that we had a promotion side.

It's not only Tika-Taka that wins promotion. You can do it by organisation and mental & physical strength. We had that to the nth degree that season. That night at Bramall Lane, Jones, Keegan and Brown were colossi, hammering and being hammered and never giving an inch. And McCombe, Quinn and Spurr weren't far behind. It was far from pretty but f**k me, was it impressive. It was obvious from there that if that team was going to not go up, someone was going to have to be prepared to fight like they'd never fought before to stop them.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 31, 2015, 01:21:39 pm by glosterred »

COYR

Dean Saunders was so desperate, that he managed to cobble together a team 2 weeks before the season started, that didn't let in many goals and somehow managed to win the league title.

Perhaps a little credit is due.

3 defeats and 2 draws in the 5 games in charge and bottom of the league, so credit where credit is due.

COYR

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 31, 2015, 01:34:19 pm by GazLaz »

There's no such thing as luck. Hard work and quality got us those last minute winners

Course there is such thing as luck. That's the most ridiculous comment I've ever read.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 31, 2015, 02:04:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Gaz

You don't win a title in luck alone.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012