Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:52:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I am going to regret doing this but...  (Read 16025 times)

acko

• Forum Member
Re: I am going to regret doing this but...
« Reply #60 on February 13, 2015, 06:56:07 pm by acko »
appologys to you wilts partner only gave me permission to post if I didn't get myself et up.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 13, 2015, 06:58:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I wont forget what ryan did for this club unlike others.i don't beleave the current board have the same desire or love for the club,but as ive said before time will tell.what no one knows is the fact that money to purchase clubs is not necessary the people concerned own fortune it can be raised as long you are the front man.bit like buying a car the seller will sell to you if you have the cash not bothered where you got it from

You might not need money to buy a club, but you still have to prove to the Football League that the club has a business plan and the wherewithal to fulfil the season's fixtures. JR couldn't do that, which is where it all fell down.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 13, 2015, 07:09:39 pm by Filo »
I wont forget what ryan did for this club unlike others.i don't beleave the current board have the same desire or love for the club,but as ive said before time will tell.what no one knows is the fact that money to purchase clubs is not necessary the people concerned own fortune it can be raised as long you are the front man.bit like buying a car the seller will sell to you if you have the cash not bothered where you got it from

You might not need money to buy a club, but you still have to prove to the Football League that the club has a business plan and the wherewithal to fulfil the season's fixtures. JR couldn't do that, which is where it all fell down.

Well that was what we were fed at the time Glynn, but after this article has emerged it seems that an overseas investment company pulling out was the case now, I suppose now that there's that many versions of events going around we'll never know the true reason, don't forget at the time that LT tweeted that he had been misled, by whome?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 13, 2015, 07:56:30 pm by wilts rover »
appologys to you wilts partner only gave me permission to post if I didn't get myself et up.

No apolgies needed for having a point of view Acko, take it easy and all the best for a speedy recovery.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on February 13, 2015, 11:58:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Well that was what we were fed at the time Glynn, but after this article has emerged it seems that an overseas investment company pulling out was the case now, I suppose now that there's that many versions of events going around we'll never know the true reason, don't forget at the time that LT tweeted that he had been misled, by whome?

He didn't provide any evidence to the League, that's the bottom line. Whether that's because Crowdfunder went tits up, or because some mystery backer (that we were told at the time wasn't involved) pulled out, or because of something else is just conjecture. It doesn't help when JR changes his story depending on who he speaks to - it makes me think he was doing just the same at the time of the attempted takeover. LT certainly seems to think so. Some people seem to miss having someone at the club talking to the media all the time but at least the people currently running the club don't appear to be bullshitting the press when they do...

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 14, 2015, 10:29:42 am by Lipsy »
Also, I think some people think that you're either for or against JR. I think it's entirely possible to respect him for what he did for the club but to also think that in his last few years he went a little batshit* crazy. This interview - where he contradicts what he said at the time of the proposed takeover - is another example of this.

*I know he didn't really go batshit crazy; I was being a little flippant. However, he has done some strange things in recent years...

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 14, 2015, 11:38:49 am by Colemans Left Hook »
So, the General Secretary turns out to be Andy Pomfret, who works for the Customer Service team at the FL. Thats not a statement from them at all, its the kind of letter you get from the FL when you complain about the price of a ticket or a change in the kick off time.

And for the umpteenth time its not the 'Fit and proper person test', no matter whether its in Wikipedia or not. Its correct title is the 'Owners and Directors test'.

just goes to show how works of fiction become fact.

now lets all read the terms of the 99 years keepmoat lease regarding the paragraph about directors   

SM knows what it contains   

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 14, 2015, 02:15:01 pm by graingrover »
 This revelation is the  worst bit of PR JR could have staged !!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 14, 2015, 02:25:40 pm by wilts rover »
So, the General Secretary turns out to be Andy Pomfret, who works for the Customer Service team at the FL. Thats not a statement from them at all, its the kind of letter you get from the FL when you complain about the price of a ticket or a change in the kick off time.

And for the umpteenth time its not the 'Fit and proper person test', no matter whether its in Wikipedia or not. Its correct title is the 'Owners and Directors test'.

just goes to show how works of fiction become fact.

now lets all read the terms of the 99 years keepmoat lease regarding the paragraph about directors   

SM knows what it contains   

Is this a personal email to SM as I certainly wouldnt know where to go to read it. As chair of the VSC I can see why SM may very well know what's in the lease but I would be interested to know how you do?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 14, 2015, 03:50:06 pm by PDX_Rover »
Is the lease relevant?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 15, 2015, 01:44:03 pm by BobG »
I've sat here for a while now - thinking about what I should write. Like most others, I believe JR was and is the only reason this club continued to survive beyond 1998. every single one of us owes him a debt of gratitude for that - and, Acko, it is expressed repeatedly throughout the thread. But like many others, I also believe JR would have been far, far better served if he'd left 3 or 4 years ago with his reputation unsullied and his aura secure. I can remember, many years ago now, JR stating, publicly, that he had made arrangements for the well being of the Rovers after he left and that we would all be very pleasantly surprised when we saw them. Would that he had left them in place. But he didn't. So we had to endure a long, long saga of competing versions of truth, of sleight of hand, of hidden agendas, of mismanagement, of petty vendettas and of public revenges. It all means that that once golden halo has been indelibly, irrevocably, tarnished. Surely this latest version of yet another truth just reinforces the fact that we can no longer place any weight on anything at all from that source?

I am grateful John was there in 1998 and there for 15 years afterwards. But I am equally grateful that he is now gone for good. It would have been better for everyone if that had happened 4 years ago.

One last thought: Acko - if you could trouble yourself to read what other people post, you wouldn't end up looking such a complete berk all the time.

BobG

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 16, 2015, 12:27:27 pm by GazLaz »
The statement JR has put out seems strange. Something must be happening behind the scenes.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 16, 2015, 12:29:18 pm by ctay »
Surely sold ...but who to?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on February 16, 2015, 12:30:39 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
What has he said?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 16, 2015, 12:35:20 pm by Copps is Magic »
Just read the Free Press article where it states the 'offshore organisation' were willing to put £12m into the club. I thought it was £20m - £30m? or did I imagine that.

The truth is becoming harder to find out than the fiction. I've given up personally.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 16, 2015, 01:17:21 pm by GazLaz »
Says that his time at the club has come to an end. He's gone.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 16, 2015, 01:24:22 pm by MachoMadness »
So, to summarise:

JR is still gone (he was anyway)
JR is still done with football (he was anyway)
JR still owns his stake in the club and isn't selling (he wasn't anyway)

Make sure to buy the DFP next week when JR will exclusively reveal if the sun will continue to rise in the east every morning.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 16, 2015, 01:25:05 pm by GazLaz »
Are you sure he isn't selling??

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 16, 2015, 01:27:53 pm by Filo »
Are you sure he isn't selling??

Well he's says he is n't in the Free Press!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 16, 2015, 01:31:20 pm by GazLaz »
If he was he wouldn't be allowed to say he was.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 16, 2015, 01:32:30 pm by MachoMadness »
Whether he is or isn't doesn't really matter, he's denied it so putting out a statement full of things that everyone has known for over a year seems incredibly pointless to me. All he's doing is promoting his interview, it does not affect the club in the slightest.

If he was selling surely a "no comment" would be in order rather than a flat denial. Which, if he is intending to sell as you seem to think would be, you know, a lie.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 16, 2015, 01:32:48 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Don't ask me why, but I have a sneaky feeling that one day, in a couple of years maybe, he will be back.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 16, 2015, 01:34:34 pm by albie »
JR has been on Facebook saying his goodbyes, according to this;
Doncaster Rovers: John Ryan bids “fond farewell” to Rovers supporters on Facebook - Thorne and District Gazette

Smoke and mirrors all round!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on February 16, 2015, 01:35:39 pm by Filo »

So if he was, but could n't say, why deny it? Like Macho said, "no comment" would be the appropriate answer

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on February 16, 2015, 01:44:50 pm by Jenny »
It is a couple of months before the clubs annual shareholder return is due, (21st April) although the club filed in March last year.... I expect that it will be announced that he has sold his shares (and/or loan) prior to it being publicly available anyway.

Maybe it is time for him to go and concentrate on MYA, given the state of their latest set of accounts I would imagine that they need a more hands on approach!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on February 16, 2015, 01:45:38 pm by GazLaz »

So if he was, but could n't say, why deny it? Like Macho said, "no comment" would be the appropriate answer

He doesn't deny it, there is no quote.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 16, 2015, 02:05:16 pm by Filo »

He doesn't deny it, there is no quote.

From the Free Press website today:

John Ryan has bid Doncaster Rovers fans “a fond farewell” - fuelling speculation he is about to cut his ties with the club.

Former chairman Ryan posted the message on his Facebook account on Sunday following an interview with Insider magazine in which he broke his silence on his and Louis Tomlinson’s failed takeover attempt last summer.

When the Free Press contacted him this morning, Ryan denied he was about to sell his 24 per cent stake in Rovers.

Asked to clarify his post, he added: “I did an interview with Insider saying I wouldn’t be back in football, and that is the case.

“I won’t be back [at Doncaster Rovers].

“The response I’ve had from people on Facebook has been quite overwhelming.”

On Facebook he wrote: “To the fans of Doncaster Rovers, I want to thank you for an amazing journey and an unforgettable experience.

“I have so many happy memories at Rovers and want to thank the past and present players, managers, all the staff and you the fans.

“It would make my day if we win promotion to the Championship, as we were cruelly relegated.

“I will always support my home team DRFC and wish them all the best! Thanks again, JR.”

His post attracted hundreds of ‘likes’ and comments, to which Ryan responded this morning: “Thank you for your kind messages, I’m overwhelmed. I bid you all a fond farewell.”

Ryan, chairman of cosmetic surgery business MYA, said he was “finished with football” after his and Tomlinson’s takeover attempt was blocked by the Football League last July.

He told Insider last week that the deal fell through when investors pulled out at the last minute.

“I rescued Doncaster Rovers from the junkyard in 1998 and owned it virtually outright until 2006,” Ryan said.

“Then I brought two shareholders in who were directors of Keepmoat which had just sold out for £800m and the three of us beat Leeds at Wembley, got in the Championship and got a £30m stadium built.

“But to be honest, I’d done 15 years as chairman and did all the work in the club because the others were shareholders, so with MYA getting busier and busier I decided to resign.

“That was in 2013, but I still kept my shareholding which was about 30 per cent. Then Louis approached me and an offshore organisation had said they would put £12m into the club.

“Louis and I were ecstatic because we would run the club and we got on very well. But right at the last minute, the investors pulled out. They’d already paid a deposit of £500,000 but right at the death they pulled out.”

Not directly quoted Gaz, but the Free Press are reporting he denied it

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on February 16, 2015, 02:55:07 pm by dknward2 »
It also says about to. that again a very broad statement He could do it at the end of the season or beginning of next if we are in the championship his shares could be worth more

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on February 16, 2015, 02:59:22 pm by Lipsy »
Not wishing to besmirch the man unduly, but I think we can point to instances when he has gone on record and talked out of his hat. What's to say this isn't the case again regarding selling and not selling? In fact, the whole bloody thing.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on February 16, 2015, 03:21:51 pm by acko »
a lot of fuss about J.Rs shares cant see what difference it makes weather he does or doesn't,if I,m not mistaken he is obliged to let the existing shareholders match any offer he receives,dick Watson seems to be offloading his to his sons without fuss

TinyPortal © 2005-2012