Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 10:08:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: PD  (Read 7010 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
PD
« on February 14, 2015, 07:30:50 pm by roversdude »
Think he deserves credit for the way things have turned around

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

robchester

• Forum Member
Re: PD
« Reply #1 on February 14, 2015, 07:48:25 pm by robchester »
I for one am eating humble pie at the moment.  Back in November I was ready for him to go.  Love the turnaround. I should know better after 30+ years to just enjoy the rollercoaster of being a rovers fan.  RTID

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 14, 2015, 07:55:47 pm by RobTheRover »
Agreed.  The lads seem to be super fit at the moment, going at it for 90+ minutes.  Some of the interplay today was a joy to watch.  Reminded me a bit at times of a SOD performance (one of the more attacking ones)

Edit:  And, after the criticism of the last home game, I thought we used the width excellently today.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2015, 08:38:36 pm by albie »
Post match interview now on the BBC;
BBC Sport - Doncaster Rovers 3-0 Yeovil Town

Well done Uche, for putting the team first!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 14, 2015, 08:56:33 pm by RobTheRover »
Skiverton revealed their keeper dislocated a finger making the initial block that led to our opener.  I wondered what was up with him, rolling around on the floor

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 14, 2015, 09:55:53 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Skiverton revealed their keeper dislocated a finger making the initial block that led to our opener.  I wondered what was up with him, rolling around on the floor

Bah dislocated finger bloody wimp  :blink:

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 15, 2015, 02:33:38 am by les@donr »
I questioned PD tactics earlier in the season and didn't think he would turn it around. He has proved myself and others wrong, all credit to him.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 15, 2015, 02:57:25 am by hoolahoop »
Fortunately I'm smug and am not eating humble pie. He's a good manager and now has the players to match.
Yes the interplay was stunning today but hardly worth a comment on the FLshow sadly.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 15, 2015, 03:22:57 am by NickDRFC »
Everyone said when the Dickov out brigade were in force it was important to keep some perspective. The same is true now. We are unquestionably tighter in defence, harder to beat and on a good run, but equally we still aren't in the play offs.

Hopefully it's a question of when not if, and we finish the season strongly regardless of whether we go up or not, but a couple of convincing wins against really poor opposition don't make Dickov the second coming.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 15, 2015, 03:42:23 am by les@donr »
crewe will be a real test on Tuesday, they are on a good run of form.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 15, 2015, 09:31:00 am by jonnydog »
Yeah, fair f**ks to him!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 15, 2015, 09:33:51 am by IDM »
but a couple of convincing wins against really poor opposition don't make Dickov the second coming.

No, but only 1 defeat in the last 10 league games (5 wins, 4 draws) shows the consistency and resilience that PD has now achieved with the team and squad.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 15, 2015, 09:37:14 am by RobTheRover »
crewe will be a real test on Tuesday, they are on a good run of form.

I'm really looking forward to the Crewe game. I think you are right,  it will be a test,  but it's a test I'm sure we agree we can pass with flying colours if we carry our confidence and performance from the last two games into it.

I get it when people say "but we've beaten no one any good" . That doesn't matter to the players and football is all about habits. We've smashed 8 goals in two games and conceded none.  Crewe had better get ready.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 15, 2015, 01:40:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
He has turned around form and is now performing at the level the budget and squad demands.

For this he should be praised.

Let us all not forget though that there are few teams who could have paid to bring in Butler, Uche, Razak etc in January window.

He is doing a good job that is to be expected with the resources available. Plenty of folk have good squads but haven't got performances out of them consistently so last few weeks can't be sniffed at.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 15, 2015, 06:52:55 pm by les@donr »
I think if we can beat Crewe, then we can start to say we are on a decent run, and are play off contenders, or maybe something more if the decent run can hit double figures.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 15, 2015, 07:45:45 pm by dickos1 »
Were already in a decent run. 5th in form table over last 6 games.
With fixtures that look winnable coming up, we could be in very good position come Easter

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 15, 2015, 07:48:16 pm by les@donr »
Crewe are 2nd behind BC, according to their fans.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 15, 2015, 07:51:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I think if we can beat Crewe, then we can start to say we are on a decent run, and are play off contenders, or maybe something more if the decent run can hit double figures.

The run HAS hit double figures. 19 points from the last 10 games is better than we averaged over our title-winning season 2 years ago.

We are in exceptionally good form. Another month of this and we'll be clear favourites for the final play-off place.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 15, 2015, 07:54:31 pm by dickos1 »
Gillingham are top, Bristol 2nd

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 15, 2015, 07:56:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Other notable feature in this recent 10 matches. We've kept 7 clean sheets and have only conceded 6 goals.

More please.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 15, 2015, 08:37:51 pm by les@donr »
BST, I was thinking more of an unbeaten run of 10 plus games. Given we lost to Wallsall recently, we are currently on a 2 game unbeaten run.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 15, 2015, 08:40:29 pm by dickos1 »
1 defeat in how any games though?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 15, 2015, 08:40:57 pm by les@donr »
Gillingham are top, Bristol 2nd

If the Gills are in such good form, why did they recently sack their manager?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 15, 2015, 08:42:54 pm by RoversAlias »
Didn't they sack him at the end of December? Had a caretaker in for ages before appointing Edinburgh.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 15, 2015, 08:46:34 pm by dickos1 »
Gillingham have 16 points from 6 games. I think hessenthaler was in charge for a while before Edinburgh took over and he's won his first 3 games.

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 15, 2015, 10:16:21 pm by bradford exile »
"but a couple of convincing wins against really poor opposition don't make Dickov the second coming."

But the first of those teams just put 5 past Barnsley..if Crawley were bad where does that leave Barnsley????

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 15, 2015, 11:25:10 pm by RobTheRover »
"but a couple of convincing wins against really poor opposition don't make Dickov the second coming."

But the first of those teams just put 5 past Barnsley..if Crawley were bad where does that leave Barnsley????

Sales of these should be good......

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 16, 2015, 12:14:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He is now achieving what the squad he has should be, i am taking nothing for granted this league just as you think you have cracked it you get a poor result.
It is even happening to the teams right up at the top, what has impressed me about him he never moans publicly about shortage of funds i like that in a manager.
In this league i don't think you have to be a tactical genius, put players in their positions where they feel comfortable, have a solid team and three or four quality players.

He has quietly gone about his job, secured the weak links in the side, extra competition is bringing the best from the whole squad now, and as ever his choice of players he signs usually are spot on.
I still have reservations about his ability to get the best from players on a regular basis, but it's kind of thinning out with kind of results he has got, i expect up and downs till the end of he season.
In the end i think the home form will be more wins than losses, the away form will be maintained, i see nobody above us to fear when we are at our best, as long as we don't have an off day we can beat any of them.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 16, 2015, 12:38:48 am by Filo »
If we don't make the play offs, we'll be in a good position during the close season to tweek the squad (takeovers permitting) to give it a real good go next season

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 16, 2015, 01:15:37 am by MachoMadness »
Still not convinced, we have done well recently against some shocking sides but admittedly these are teams we wouldn't have put away earlier on in the season. Let's not get carried away, we need to keep it going but I agree that a win over in-form Crewe will go some way to cementing us as legitimate play-off contenders and not just also-rans that happen to be on their one good run for the season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012