Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 08:58:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JR Messages  (Read 7785 times)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
JR Messages
« on February 16, 2015, 06:02:07 pm by Mike_F »
A couple of messages on JR's Facebook page wishing Rovers well and thanking fans for their support. Perhaps he's selling his share of the club?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
Re: JR Messages
« Reply #1 on February 16, 2015, 06:03:58 pm by Mike_F »
Just noticed the post on same subject in Off Topic. Apologies for the duplication although a significant shareholding in the club is definitely ON topic 😉

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 16, 2015, 06:24:39 pm by GazLaz »
Buyer market-

1/8 Terry Bramall
8/1 Louis Tomlinson
20/1 Dick Watson
66/1 Ken Richardson
150/1 Jeremy Clarkson
150/1 BillyStubbsTears

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 16, 2015, 06:38:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Buyer market-

1/8 Terry Bramall
8/1 Louis Tomlinson
20/1 Dick Watson
66/1 Ken Richardson
150/1 Jeremy Clarkson
150/1 BillyStubbsTears

What odds IC1967?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 16, 2015, 06:40:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I think you meant HOW odd IC1967

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 16, 2015, 06:43:31 pm by acko »
I don't see bramhall or Watson buying JRs shares they would then come under the F.A ruling JR failed I think 30% is the mark do they really want the FA looking into their affairs, As it is they have controlling between them now don't think they need to maybe sequinta should be added to your list,personally I don't think JR will sell

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 16, 2015, 06:51:16 pm by hoolahoop »
I think he has already perhaps in principle ;) Either way I do hope he remains a supporter.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 16, 2015, 06:53:00 pm by Drover »
JR Denied to the Free press this morning that he was selling his shares.If it's true what some people say,it would not be the first time he'd lied if he does though?  :chair:  ;)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 16, 2015, 07:00:35 pm by GazLaz »
There was no quote, he might have already sold them.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 16, 2015, 07:03:07 pm by silent majority »
I don't see bramhall or Watson buying JRs shares they would then come under the F.A ruling JR failed I think 30% is the mark do they really want the FA looking into their affairs, As it is they have controlling between them now don't think they need to maybe sequinta should be added to your list,personally I don't think JR will sell

There is no 30% ruling, nor did JR fail any such test, nor would the club be worried about the FA looking at their affairs.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 16, 2015, 08:10:14 pm by acko »
FIT AND PROPER PERSON TEST--Applys to what are defined as directors of a club,Meaning not only actual club directors but person excercising control of directors or managementof the club.Test applys to any owner of 30%or more of the share capitol or voting power of the club.Hope this answers your post SM.JR did fail the test the reasons we now no,and what I said maybe bramhall doesn't want the FA knowing too much about his buisness

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 16, 2015, 08:16:43 pm by IDM »
Why?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 16, 2015, 08:20:03 pm by Filo »
FIT AND PROPER PERSON TEST--Applys to what are defined as directors of a club,Meaning not only actual club directors but person excercising control of directors or managementof the club.Test applys to any owner of 30%or more of the share capitol or voting power of the club.Hope this answers your post SM.JR did fail the test the reasons we now no,and what I said maybe bramhall doesn't want the FA knowing too much about his buisness

Theres no such thing as the Fit and Proper persons test

Here you go acko, Owners and Directors test, point the 30% out please

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/appendix3.aspx
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 08:27:11 pm by Filo »

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 16, 2015, 08:26:14 pm by acko »
only quoting FAs ruling and wording

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 16, 2015, 08:29:21 pm by Filo »

I think you'll find that the FA has n't any juristriction in these matters in the Football League

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 16, 2015, 08:40:12 pm by acko »
same ruling for football league and conference

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 16, 2015, 08:45:40 pm by Filo »
same ruling for football league and conference

I've done the work for you, provided a link, now point the 30% out please

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 16, 2015, 08:50:17 pm by drfc1951 »
Why wouldn't Bramall want them looking into his affairs can you answer that.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 16, 2015, 08:54:02 pm by silent majority »
acko,

The Owners and Directors test is administered by the FL and PL for their relevant clubs, its not done under the auspices of the FA.

The people who are required to pass the O & D test is detailed in the relevant documents, and as Directors of the club TB and DW will have already had to pass that test, as do all people they class as 'relevant'.

Acquiring extra shares which take them beyond 30% doesn't make the slightest difference in this case. The 30% ruling is a definition the authorities use for people who it classes as having control of a club, either individually or in concert with other parties.

Acquiring more shares doesn't mean they have to pass another test, they've already done that which means your post and explanation is totally irrelevant.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 16, 2015, 09:06:04 pm by Iberian Red »
Did it taste like poo when you quoted it?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 16, 2015, 09:06:18 pm by IDM »
maybe bramhall doesn't want the FA knowing too much about his buisness

What in your opinion does TB have to hide??

Come on, explain....

Put up, or shut up.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 16, 2015, 09:38:11 pm by drfc1951 »
maybe bramhall doesn't want the FA knowing too much about his buisness

What in your opinion does TB have to hide??

Come on, explain....

Put up, or shut up.
You Know you wont get an answer.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 16, 2015, 10:19:00 pm by wilts rover »
I would have thought that the FL whatever it is called test is much less stringent than that which Mr Bramall has to undergo for the Charity Commission each year, which is covered by British Law.

Here's the details if you are interested

http://www.charityperformance.com/charity-details.php?id=17864

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 17, 2015, 02:15:12 am by BobG »
Thank you Wilts. I was just thinking there is an extraordinary amount of scurrilous and utterly unfounded shite spouted on here by 2 or 3 well known clowns and it's all throwing mud at two people who have saved this club from ignominy. What on Earth can possess them? As your link so clearly shows, it's so juvenile it's pathetic. Give over Acko. This is totally ridiculous.

BobG

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 17, 2015, 06:40:48 am by aidanstu »
acko,

The Owners and Directors test is administered by the FL and PL for their relevant clubs, its not done under the auspices of the FA.

The people who are required to pass the O & D test is detailed in the relevant documents, and as Directors of the club TB and DW will have already had to pass that test, as do all people they class as 'relevant'.

Acquiring extra shares which take them beyond 30% doesn't make the slightest difference in this case. The 30% ruling is a definition the authorities use for people who it classes as having control of a club, either individually or in concert with other parties.

Acquiring more shares doesn't mean they have to pass another test, they've already done that which means your post and explanation is totally irrelevant.

I don't claim to have any knowledge of this but in fairness to Acca,  and he does often speak rubbish, was it not JR who spoke about the test? He already had shares, so what test was he on about?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 17, 2015, 08:41:57 am by silent majority »
Yes it was. JR blamed the FL for changing the rules meaning he couldn't pass the test. The test he should have referred to was the FFI requirements.

But that's not acko's point, he's suggesting that TB won't buy JR's shares because an increased shareholding means the FA would want to look at his finances more closely, total hogwash of course.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 17, 2015, 09:10:08 am by DRNaith »
Yes it was. JR blamed the FL for changing the rules meaning he couldn't pass the test. The test he should have referred to was the FFI requirements.

But that's not acko's point, he's suggesting that TB won't buy JR's shares because an increased shareholding means the FA would want to look at his finances more closely, total hogwash of course.

Not just hogwash, it questions a man's character, which is unnecessary to say the least.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 17, 2015, 09:20:34 am by acko »
don't ever try and exadurate a point I make SM the point I made was that bramhall doesn't need ryans share shares along with watsonn they have control,and like any business man the don't want outsiders looking into there affairs.your trying to make out I am suggesting he has something to hide so its you whats talking hogwash again

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 17, 2015, 09:31:05 am by IDM »
don't ever try and exadurate a point I make SM the point I made was that bramhall doesn't need ryans share shares along with watsonn they have control,and like any business man the don't want outsiders looking into there affairs.your trying to make out I am suggesting he has something to hide so its you whats talking hogwash again

Oh come on Acko, you know what you have written, twice!!!

To me, and I expect to many others, you ARE implying that TB doesn't want his business investigated by the football authorities therefore by implication has something to hide?

Look at it the other way round - if they have nothing to hide, then why would there be a problem having checks??
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:34:22 am by IDM »

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 17, 2015, 09:58:32 am by acko »
lets put the record straight I never suggested that bramhall had anything to hide,it was a simple comment about weather he would buy ryans shares and I pointed out he didn't need them,and I also said I didn't think ryan would sell anyway,why should he.people jumped on a comment regarding finishing with football and the rovers and more or less saying his goodbyes to the club,fans,and players and management past and present.i did the same when I retired but I still own shares in the company.and people know full well and you don't have to look far the 30%ruling to come into force.t is called the fit and proper person test also the directors and owners test this was failed byJR on the lack of funding,also by a former rangers man.rotherham man,chester man this is my last post on here I have found,being called names for quoting what I beleave rather childish,not rovers supporters just people you like to overstate their own importance

TinyPortal © 2005-2012