Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:02:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: time to write the season off  (Read 16785 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: time to write the season off
« Reply #60 on February 27, 2015, 02:41:16 pm by BobG »
I wasn't inferring anything actually...Anybody can access the basic information

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/900160089/MR-JOHN-MICHAEL-RYAN

That's a lot of current liabilities.

If you've got some time, it's absolutely fascinating looking through the information at that link. Thank you WC. I could spend a long time looking at it. One thing that jumps out is a £500K+ profit one year from a company who's total turnover for the year was £0. Could be buildings revaluations and so on, but it's not shown as being anything at all.

If you look up Doncaster Rovers football club on the Directors and Secretaries tab there's a few names there you might recongnise! Remember Ken Haran? Mark Darren Weaver?! Julie Ann Richardson? Lisa Mabbett? Even brings back Gordon Gallimore. Good Lord above!

BobG
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:14:43 pm by BobG »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 27, 2015, 03:05:18 pm by The Red Baron »
Doncaster Sport Ltd was the company that was going to take over from Patienceform if the takeover had gone through, wasn't it?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 27, 2015, 03:05:53 pm by Filo »

So, theres nothing that strikes me as unusual to my untrained eye, and contrary to what Wes thinks, I have n't a clue what PDX is inferring, which leads me to the question why was Wes being overly defensive of what appears to be nothing?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 27, 2015, 03:43:25 pm by bpoolrover »
For next year I think Richie is on his last legs, we will need at least 1 forward and a  centre half as cover for Luke and butler
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:02:29 pm by bpoolrover »

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on February 27, 2015, 04:32:34 pm by bobbymax »
For next year I think Richie is on his last legs, we will need at least 1 forward and a  centre half as cover for Luke and butler
Bongani Khumalo?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 27, 2015, 05:21:28 pm by Lesonthewest »

Yes please!!
Bongani Khumalo?
Bongani Khumalo?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 27, 2015, 07:53:11 pm by les@donr »
boomstick, one question. How does your negativity help our cause in securing a play off position. Unless you want Rovers to miss out??????

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 27, 2015, 09:57:14 pm by PDX_Rover »

So, theres nothing that strikes me as unusual to my untrained eye, and contrary to what Wes thinks, I have n't a clue what PDX is inferring, which leads me to the question why was Wes being overly defensive of what appears to be nothing?

In the words of Manuel... I know-a no-thing... Nooooooo-thing.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 28, 2015, 12:01:03 am by Canadian Rover »
No need for the drum in the South Stand....have 25 people standing each side of the boomer and you'll have 50 people banging their heads against the wall (hopefully in tune).

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:  :( :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Cheer up Boomer...Rovers never do anything the easy way...and let's try and lay off the old anti VSC shit...it becomes very boring and yep negative.
 :clapping:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 28, 2015, 01:34:53 am by hoolahoop »
I've tried to stay off here for a few days in case I bumped into this sort of negativity.
Here's my views for what it's worth 1) P/Offs -it's still game on 2) VSC bashing is so passe Boomer t'ald luv 3) Thanks JR  for all your hard work and enthusiasm 4) The obsession with JR's business affairs is bloody weird and intrusive.
Finally roll on Satdi and a good win whereupon this thread will be rendered entirely meaningless.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 28, 2015, 06:58:06 am by Colemans Left Hook »
I've tried to stay off here for a few days in case I bumped into this sort of negativity.
Here's my views for what it's worth 1) P/Offs -it's still game on 2) VSC bashing is so passe Boomer t'ald luv 3) Thanks JR  for all your hard work and enthusiasm 4) The obsession with JR's business affairs is bloody weird and intrusive.
Finally roll on Satdi and a good win whereupon this thread will be rendered entirely meaningless.

usurped by this thread

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=251139.0

should be back and running by 10 to 5 ???

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 28, 2015, 04:46:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Anybody seen Boomstick?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 28, 2015, 05:02:45 pm by Copps is Magic »
He's right, though, isn't he? 3 points clear in the play-offs - if we write it off now it'll be fine.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 05:39:23 pm by Copps is Magic »

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 28, 2015, 05:18:35 pm by les@donr »
I think Boomstick has skunked away into a little hole, to cry over the non demise of Rovers.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 28, 2015, 06:12:52 pm by adamtherover »
I think Boomstick has skunked away into a little hole, to cry over the non demise of Rovers.

Classic..

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on February 28, 2015, 06:32:38 pm by since-1969 »
You stiring ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on February 28, 2015, 09:13:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I was saying earlier in the thread that we don't have to match some arbitrary standard set by Boomstick to get in the play-offs. We need to be better than the seventh placed side.

Interesting to note how poor the competition for the play-offs is. Chesterfield were in 7th place 9 games ago. They have win 10 points in those 9 games. In any normal season, a run like that would be fatal to their play-off chances. It's an extended run of near-relegation form. In fact, after that run, Chesterfield are still in 7th place.

They've managed to stay in contention because all the other sides (bar 2) who were around them back in mid-January have been out of form. Bradford have picked up 9 points in 8 games over the same period. Oldham 13 points in 9 games. Fleetwood 10 points in 8 games. Rochdale 7 in 7. Port Vale 13 in 8. Notts County 7 in 9.

Only 2 of the sides who were close to Chesterfield back in mid-Jan have been in play-off form since then. Sheff Utd have picked up 17 points from 8 games. We have picked up 17 points in 10 games.

Another month of similar form by all the teams and us and the Blades will have sealed the final two places.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 28, 2015, 09:16:38 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I was saying earlier in the thread that we don't have to match some arbitrary standard set by Boomstick to get in the play-offs. We need to be better than the seventh placed side.

Interesting to note how poor the competition for the play-offs is. Chesterfield were in 7th place 9 games ago. They have win 10 points in those 9 games. In any normal season, a run like that would be fatal to their play-off chances. It's an extended run of near-relegation form. In fact, after that run, Chesterfield are still in 7th place.

They've managed to stay in contention because all the other sides (bar 2) who were around them back in mid-January have been out of form. Bradford have picked up 9 points in 8 games over the same period. Oldham 13 points in 9 games. Fleetwood 10 points in 8 games. Rochdale 7 in 7. Port Vale 13 in 8. Notts County 7 in 9.

Only 2 of the sides who were close to Chesterfield back in mid-Jan have been in play-off form since then. Sheff Utd have picked up 17 points from 8 games. We have picked up 17 points in 10 games.

Another month of similar form by all the teams and us and the Blades will have sealed the final two places.

Chesterfield seem to have adapted to Doyle going, have tightened up at the back a bit and look to nick games by the odd goal.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 28, 2015, 09:54:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Eh? They've just lost 4 on the bounce before today.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 28, 2015, 10:07:44 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Yes but they are not playing the same way is what i am trying to say, they have lost to Preston 0-2 no shame in that, Leyton Orient 2-3, Scunthorpe 0-2, Rochdale 0-1.
Then today they beat Fleetwood 3-0 you can see from the results they are trying to tighten things up to not give anything away and over the weeks it has improved to the point today that they win and get a clean sheet.

When Doyle was there they could rely on him scoring one or two a game, now looking at their squad, the goals are going to be chipped in from different positions, they don't have that prolific striker any more, so have adapted by trying to be a tighter team rather than outscoring teams.
I wrote them off for promotion but i see them still being a threat because others have started to contribute the goals.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 28, 2015, 10:29:43 pm by NickDRFC »
I wouldn't say not scoring in 2 then scoring 3 in one game is showing a pattern of "trying to nick the odd goal"!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 28, 2015, 11:42:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sammy

In the previous 4 matches, they'd conceded 8 goals.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on March 01, 2015, 12:15:53 am by Sammy Chung was King »
They have got progressively better apart from the Orient game, letting two in at Scunny, one at Rochdale, then today a clean sheet.
I see them playing much tighter because they can't afford to play open with no Doyle to rely on, very little between most of this league.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 01, 2015, 12:34:38 am by les@donr »
Boomstick have you come out of your hole yet, eh?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on March 01, 2015, 01:50:58 am by PDX_Rover »
Pdx and wing commander making cryptic posts about Companies house. You dont need to work at Bletchley Park to figure it out.
William, on the contrary, I believe if they want to make a statement they should have the balls to do so instead of speaking in riddles and chortling among themselves.

Really? But you are inferring that you know anyway Wes, so why don't you say it then? I'm quite content talking around it thanks. It's got nowt to do with balls or lack thereof.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on March 01, 2015, 09:16:44 am by IDM »
FFS will someone, anyone just explain in plain English what this stuff about Companies House all means, rather than skirting around the issue?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on March 01, 2015, 11:05:30 am by wesisback »
Pdx and wing commander making cryptic posts about Companies house. You dont need to work at Bletchley Park to figure it out.
William, on the contrary, I believe if they want to make a statement they should have the balls to do so instead of speaking in riddles and chortling among themselves.

Really? But you are inferring that you know anyway Wes, so why don't you say it then? I'm quite content talking around it thanks. It's got nowt to do with balls or lack thereof.
I have no interest in discussing it. Why would I? I certainly don't need to slip choice clues to massage my ego that I'm kept in the know.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on March 01, 2015, 11:21:23 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Here we go. Donny's version of Groundhog Day.

If Wesley's arguing about Ryan on the 1st day of March, we'll have another 6 months of it.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on March 01, 2015, 11:52:04 am by i_ateallthepies »
They have got progressively better apart from the Orient game, letting two in at Scunny, one at Rochdale, then today a clean sheet.
I see them playing much tighter because they can't afford to play open with no Doyle to rely on, very little between most of this league.

How anyone can draw conclusions about any team's team strategy simply from looking at a small bunch of results is beyond me, but THAT bunch of results???  Sammy, I guess at half past nine at night after a win I guess like me you'd had a couple of sherbets.

OurAlfsLad

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on March 01, 2015, 12:23:04 pm by OurAlfsLad »
Can we go back to "the secret squirrel club"    This thread is driving me nuts. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012