Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:47:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: time to write the season off  (Read 16780 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
time to write the season off
« on February 26, 2015, 11:11:10 am by Boomstick »
Look forward to next season,
Many positives to look forward to, the black bank ultra section being a great thing to look forward to.

An atmosphere at the moat, unheard of !!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: time to write the season off
« Reply #1 on February 26, 2015, 11:15:26 am by Donnywolf »
I am looking forward to next Season and more so wondering which of 2 League Divisions we will be in

The Championship or Division 1

(Season Ticket a bargain for Div 1 - and MEGA bargain if we go up !)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:26:05 am by Donnywolf »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 26, 2015, 11:23:44 am by IDM »
I am looking forward to next season.

but

I am also looking forward to this Saturday!  Get back to winning ways, see some decent football and a continuation of the effort we put in 2nd half this Tuesday.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 26, 2015, 11:45:36 am by The Red Baron »
Although I have consistently been sceptical about our play off chances, it is surely too early to write the season off now. There are a lot of points still to play for and we are only out of 6th place on goal difference.

If we're off the pace by mid-April that would be a different matter. But this league is so tight I'm not sure we'll be wholly out of contention by then.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 26, 2015, 01:22:03 pm by RobTheRover »
We've had 2 defeats and not lost any ground.  The gods are once again wearing the hoops.  Get a fiver on promotion!!!!!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 26, 2015, 02:21:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Boomstick.

You have a habit of writing shite but you've surpassed yourself this time.

We are averaging less than 0.05 points per game less than Bradford City. Presumably they should be considering giving up the season as well?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 26, 2015, 02:33:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Boomstick.

You have a habit of writing shite but you've surpassed yourself this time.....

He's a bland WUM, more yawn worthy by the day, and that was the poorest attempt at it, must have been off the back of a longer session of yanking his worm than usual.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 26, 2015, 02:33:42 pm by Boomstick »
They didn't lose 0-3 against port vale.
Did you miss that result??

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 26, 2015, 02:39:35 pm by Filo »

But they lost 3-1 and 1-0 to Yeovil, did you miss those results?

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 26, 2015, 02:45:01 pm by drfc1951 »

But they lost 3-1 and 1-0 to Yeovil, did you miss those results?
They also lost 1-2 to us did you miss that as well.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 26, 2015, 02:53:39 pm by Boomstick »
This forum isn't the place for sensible debate, not with no-mark pricks living in the vsc fantasy world.
I started a thread hoping for a reasoned debate.
But instead I get sarcasm from the resident old senile idiot and his minions.
Go and f**k yourselves..

Its this reason why the vsc is so deeply unpopular (as well as their anti JR stance)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 26, 2015, 03:10:59 pm by The Red Baron »
This forum isn't the place for sensible debate, not with no-mark pricks living in the vsc fantasy world.
Go and f*** yourselves..

Its this reason why the vsc is so deeply unpopular (as well as their anti JR stance)

I hope you don't think I'm the resident senile idiot. I disagree with you but I thought I couched my post in reasoned language.

As I said, I doubt we will reach the play-offs but I also think it is far too early to throw the towel in.

To go back to your original post, although I broadly support what the club has done with the South Stand, I don't think it will magically transform the the Keepmoat into a wall of noise. We'll get a decent atmosphere when we get a team that wins consistently at home and entertains the punters. The same was true at Belle Vue, despite all the rose-tinted retrospectives about the atmosphere there.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 26, 2015, 04:09:15 pm by wing commander »
I'm pretty independent Boomstick..The problem is your ALWAYS without fail so bloody NEGATIVE...wether it be with the board,manager or players..and people just don't debate because your so consistent in your negativety...It's all about balance......

On this issue,i cant see why we need to write off this season..We are there and there abouts and like whats been said nobody has gained ground on us..Its just waiting for a team to put a string of wins together and raise the bar and I don't see why that cant be us....

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 26, 2015, 04:09:54 pm by Askern_reds »
Walsall,port vale, oldham, Bristol city, just four teams there that we've lost 22 pts to we still got mk Dons,Swindon, bradford, Preston to play, potentionely we could lose 12 pts here so maybe boomstick got good reason to say what he thinks about the season

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 26, 2015, 04:14:26 pm by bobbymax »
Go and f*** yourselves..

No you didn't start this thread to spark a reasoned debate.
But well done for working the vsc, unpopular and anti JR into the same sentence when the premise has b****r all to do with the subject.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 26, 2015, 04:31:50 pm by Boomstick »
Go and f*** yourselves..

I hope you don't think I'm the resident senile idiot. I disagree with you but I thought I couched my post in reasoned language.

As I said, I doubt we will reach the play-offs but I also think it is far too early to throw the towel in.

To go back to your original post, although I broadly support what the club has done with the South Stand, I don't think it will magically transform the the Keepmoat into a wall of noise. We'll get a decent atmosphere when we get a team that wins consistently at home and entertains the punters. The same was true at Belle Vue, despite all the rose-tinted retrospectives about the atmosphere there.
No issue with what you said

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 26, 2015, 04:34:03 pm by Boomstick »
I'm pretty independent Boomstick..The problem is your ALWAYS without fail so bloody NEGATIVE...wether it be with the board,manager or players..and people just don't debate because your so consistent in your negativety...It's all about balance......

On this issue,i cant see why we need to write off this season..We are there and there abouts and like whats been said nobody has gained ground on us..Its just waiting for a team to put a string of wins together and raise the bar and I don't see why that cant be us....
I put a positive slant on it, in that we have things to look forward to next season.

If you take time to look at the league table, you can see why I'm writing the season off

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 26, 2015, 04:35:55 pm by Boomstick »
Go and f*** yourselves..

But well done for working the vsc, unpopular and anti JR into the same sentence when the premise has b****r all to do with the subject.
Actually I DID want a reasoned debate, I got sarcasm and silly comments.
Which is one reason the vsc is so unpopular

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 26, 2015, 04:40:19 pm by Lipsy »
I don't think that we should write off this season just yet. Equally, I don't think we need to be wetting our panties about the play-offs, either. Tight league, this. And just a few more of those spectacular draws could see us drop down quite a few places... Take each game as it comes and - as ever - try to enjoy the ride.

Also, I have to agree that there's a propensity to leap on folks (WUMs or no) at times. It's a forum ferrchrissakes - a bit of good-natured banter (and even some winding up) is to be expected; the trading of insults is not.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 26, 2015, 04:43:43 pm by Al4475 »
To be fair the vsc aren't anti-jr and never has been!

We politely questioned the motives and uncertainty surrounding a hedge fund/unknown group of people who were linked with taking over the club - nothing more!

I would Imagine if (for example) an unknown fella by the name of fred bloggs was the mouthpiece for the group and had promised the world yet been probably unable to deliver it and it had been questionable whether or not the criteria for the bid would have been met -  The vsc would have been applauded for taking the same stance.

Our actions were the actions you would expect from a group born out of the remnants of an owner hellbent on seeing our club brought to it's knees in the none too distant past!

It wasn't our fault the takeovers didn't happen - but by god over the last 2 years it feels like it was by the flak we've taken from some areas!

Anyhow back on topic now I've got more battery life on my phone...

I'm inclined to agree with boomer! Due to an avoidable set of circumstances I also believe our season is about done - tho I won't give up hope! We've a tough set of fixtures, aren't great at home and probably started to move in the right direction 2 months too late! I'm gonna enjoy the rest of the season but can only see consolidation as our outcome - next season could be very different tho! With the players on our books, a stable boardroom and an infrastructure beginning to take shape, I think we'll be there or thereabouts next season! 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 05:18:05 pm by Al4475 »

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 26, 2015, 04:47:18 pm by DonnyNoel »

I put a positive slant on it, in that we have things to look forward to next season.

If you take time to look at the league table, you can see why I'm writing the season off

Based on that logic everyone below us possibly barring Oldham and Rochdale (who have games in hand on us but we've also beaten) should write their season off too which would mean we are currently second in a 4 horse race for the last play off spot. A positive result for us and a negative for Bradford on Saturday puts us back in the play offs. There's no way a rational football fan can look at a table with 14 games to go, see we're only outside the playoffs on goal difference and write the season off.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 26, 2015, 04:53:36 pm by IDM »

I hope you didn't take issue with my response either?

If you look at the league table, we are outside the play offs on goal difference.  Anyone can beat anyone in this league.  Therefore the argument is the season is far from over. I would agree if we were 8-10 points outside the play offs and a similar amount above relegation, but the points ranges are much smaller.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 26, 2015, 04:56:52 pm by IDM »
Go and f*** yourselves..

I don't get this argument against the VSC?

Some VSC members and some forum users may have reacted in the way you say, but as you well know - and as you could educate others - the forum and its members are NOT the VSC, nor does the forum part of the VSC website speak for the VSC unless the post is specifically made by "VSC Admin" or equivalent. 

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 26, 2015, 04:57:27 pm by Boomstick »
Losing against port vale and Walsall, having a minus goal difference, being 5 points above 18th, won the same amount of games as the dingles (who are only 4 point behind us)
And seeing who we have left to play, has left me looking towards next season

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 26, 2015, 04:59:29 pm by Boomstick »
Go and f*** yourselves..

Some VSC members and some forum users may have reacted in the way you say, but as you well know - and as you could educate others - the forum and its members are NOT the VSC, nor does the forum part of the VSC website speak for the VSC unless the post is specifically made by "VSC Admin" or equivalent. 
Fair comment, but could the vsc discourage its members from posting such things?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 26, 2015, 05:01:09 pm by Boomstick »

I hope you didn't take issue with my response either?

If you look at the league table, we are outside the play offs on goal difference.  Anyone can beat anyone in this league.  Therefore the argument is the season is far from over. I would agree if we were 8-10 points outside the play offs and a similar amount above relegation, but the points ranges are much smaller.
No issue with what you said either

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 26, 2015, 05:20:37 pm by dickos1 »
We're outside the playoffs on goal difference with 13 games to go, and the season is over??
We really do have some strange folk supporting this club

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 26, 2015, 05:21:55 pm by IDM »
Go and f*** yourselves..

Fair comment, but could the vsc discourage its members from posting such things?

Possibly but folks will react when riled?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 26, 2015, 05:22:55 pm by IDM »
Losing against port vale and Walsall, having a minus goal difference, being 5 points above 18th, won the same amount of games as the dingles (who are only 4 point behind us)
And seeing who we have left to play, has left me looking towards next season

Let's look one game at a time?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 26, 2015, 05:23:16 pm by PDX_Rover »
Anyone checked Companies House lately?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012