Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 12:59:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black Bank Flag Fund  (Read 33815 times)

BlackBank

Black Bank Flag Fund
« on February 28, 2015, 10:22:37 pm by BlackBank »
Hi all, as some of you might already be aware we (the Black Bank movement) are currently raising funds towards flags and banners in the South Stand next season. We'll be rattling a bucket under your nose and have a few surprise fundraising ideas up our sleeves already!

If you'd like to donate or know more about what we want to achieve please take a look at our website: http://blackbank.co.uk

Or donate direct to our Crowdfunder page: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/black-bank-doncaster-rovers-flag-fund

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:32:15 pm by BlackBank »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Black Bank Flag Fund
« Reply #1 on March 01, 2015, 07:40:28 am by RobTheRover »
This is a great initiative, Jamie. I'm looking forward to joining in with you next season. The singers in the current SS arrangement are far too dotted around.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 01, 2015, 07:44:43 am by GazLaz »
I agree with Rob. Hopefully the singers from the NW corner relocate and we can get a bit of atmosphere going. It was poor again yesterday.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 01, 2015, 07:53:24 am by Nudga »
Got to say I love this idea. Black Bank certainly gives us more of an identity and I love the logo, similar to my business logo.
I will definitely pledge some dosh later on in march. Can't wait for next season.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 01, 2015, 07:56:42 am by RobTheRover »
Agreed Nudga. The Black Bank name is absolutely spot on,  intimidating and brooding, and I'm sure many fans will know that there was a lot of pressure to call the Keepmoat Stadium that before the Keepmoat sponsorship deal was done.

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 01, 2015, 08:03:09 am by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
Hi all, as some of you might already be aware we (the Black Bank movement) are currently raising funds towards flags and banners in the South Stand next season. We'll be rattling a bucket under your nose and have a few surprise fundraising ideas up our sleeves already!

If you'd like to donate or know more about what we want to achieve please take a look at our website: http://blackbank.co.uk

Or donate direct to our Crowdfunder page: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/black-bank-doncaster-rovers-flag-fund

Thanks,

Jamie.

www.footballflags.co.uk cracking website to use for surfer flags and normal flags and very reasonable priced. Can design online aswell.

BlackBank

« Reply #6 on March 01, 2015, 08:34:14 am by BlackBank »
Thanks for all your kind words and support, hopefully we'll break the £500 barrier and really have some funds to play with for flags / banners etc.

Currently trending at this:

Don't forget to donate HERE or HERE

Thanks!

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 01, 2015, 08:59:11 am by Silkscarf »
Not sure promoting alternative club logos is the way to go. Sounds a bit daft needing some sort of other identity. You're just Rovers fans, no more, no less than anyone else.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 01, 2015, 09:03:09 am by RobTheRover »
Silkscarf, take your point,  but it's what most fans group do. It's just an identity to get behind and doesn't detract from the core point being "we're all Rovers "

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 01, 2015, 09:07:10 am by Nudga »
How about a big banner with a crazed looking Where's Wally holding a flare with the  words " Wally is a Rover".

BlackBank

« Reply #10 on March 01, 2015, 09:09:05 am by BlackBank »
Rob is right Silkscarf, no one is claiming to be "better" than other Rovers fans, far from it. This about getting behind the club, and helping to get a little more atmosphere back in the South stand, this is a tried and tested method of achieving that.

To see what can be done take a quick look at Huddersfield's North Stand Loyal. From a standing start at the beginning of this season they've completely revolutionised their home goal end. Definitely something we're looking to emulate.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 01, 2015, 09:39:29 am by wesisback »
 :lol: Brilliant idea!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 01, 2015, 09:57:59 am by Copps is Magic »
Finally, a crowdfunder we can all get behind.

BlackBank

« Reply #13 on March 01, 2015, 10:04:20 am by BlackBank »
£10 pledged and you can have a selfie with the Drum.....  :chair:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 01, 2015, 12:21:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Great to see the fund edging towards half way to target in such a short time.

It's good to see fans being proactive and trying to build something from scratch. I like the concept and I really hope it catches on.

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 01, 2015, 01:32:05 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
Take a look at crystal palace holmesdale fanatics aswell, amazing displays.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 01, 2015, 01:42:07 pm by Move DRFC »
Like the idea. Crystal Palace's holmesdale should be what we aspire to, always a good atmosphere and looks lively there.

Rovers

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 01, 2015, 02:01:35 pm by coventryrover »
Great idea.. it's nice to see something positive.

You'll always have detractors but buuger em.

10 coming on pay day

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 01, 2015, 02:20:49 pm by Filo »
Great idea, and can only be a positive thing, but no disrespect Jamie, you are a new user on here and having been nearly a victim of online fraud, could you provide a contact name and address? If you're not comfortable with doing that on here then maybe you should provide one on your website. I'm a bit wary of donating money to unknown people.

Capital Steez

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 01, 2015, 02:23:09 pm by Capital Steez »
Great idea. I've donated. Will there be any kind of preview as to what banners/flags go up if the £500 is met?
I'd be happy with a 50ft Fortune west banner personally  :thumbsup:

BlackBank

« Reply #20 on March 01, 2015, 02:53:23 pm by BlackBank »
Filo, like you I'm also weary of splashing my details all over the Internet however I'm sure that Rob Clark or Martin could vouch for the authenticity of this as it was discussed at the last fan panel and we've asked Rovers Jenny to provide oversight of our accounts. We hope this reassures you and any others with concerns and we look forward to your donation.

BlackBank

« Reply #21 on March 01, 2015, 03:11:33 pm by BlackBank »
Oh, and of course you'll have the protection of your details that Crowdfuner and PayPal provides.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 01, 2015, 03:39:56 pm by Filo »
Filo, like you I'm also weary of splashing my details all over the Internet however I'm sure that Rob Clark or Martin could vouch for the authenticity of this as it was discussed at the last fan panel and we've asked Rovers Jenny to provide oversight of our accounts. We hope this reassures you and any others with concerns and we look forward to your donation.

I'd sooner know who I'm donating to, were you at the last fans panel Jamie?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 01, 2015, 03:43:55 pm by RobTheRover »

Sorry guys,  been out and about. Saw my youngsters battle out a cracking 1-1 draw v Thorne Colliery. 

As Jamie says, this has come about as part of the changes that have been discussed at the Fan Panel meetings in recent months. The singers from the North West corner met with the guys from Huddersfield's WSL and it's brilliant that the fuse has been well and truly lit.

Many of us have bemoaned the lack of anything resembling a half decent atmosphere at the KMS, and those who try do seem to be lone voices. The Black Bank will give that a collective place to flourish and a banner for everyone to gather behind. I'm in 100% support of this and it will undoubtedly transform home match days for the better.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 01, 2015, 03:48:57 pm by Mr1Croft »
There are a few of us involved in this Filo. But your not donating to us personally, your donating to your fellows fans for a flag fund.

Capital Steez, I think were probably looking at getting fans to design the flag and then we can vote on what designs we want to manufacture.

There are a lot of ideas and some real enthussiam about next season. If anyone wants to help and get involved then just shout up.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 01, 2015, 03:51:51 pm by Jenny »
Why the negativity Filo? I think people deserve a little more credit than you suggesting that they are going to run off into the sunset with your money.

Pathetic, but I expect no less from you.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 01, 2015, 03:53:11 pm by Copps is Magic »

Maybe put some of this information on the crowd funding page Jamie. I am not saying put personal names up - just a bit more information about who is behind it and on what the money will be spent etc. (i.e. how many banners will £500 get us)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:03:16 pm by Copps is Magic »

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 01, 2015, 04:01:41 pm by Jenny »
Pretty awesome that the fund is almost 50% funded after such a short space of time.

The time for talking and discussing is over, I'm excited that things are finally starting to happen and looking forward to being part of the Black Bank next season.

BlackBank

« Reply #28 on March 01, 2015, 04:03:13 pm by BlackBank »
Copps is Magic - the club laid on a meeting with a number of the West Stand Barmy Army and some of the vocal South Stand lot with a bloke called Dave Schofield from the North Stand Loyal - the Huddersfield Town "singing section" who've gone through a similar move from the side of the pitch to behind the goal. He was so enthusiastic and energetic that we're trying to emulate what they've done at Town.

We're just normal Rovers fans, South and West stand coming together ready for next season. As we've already pointed out Jenny has kindly offered to independently oversee our finances and Crowdfunder acts as an intermediary so we'll never see your bank details, you can even donate anonymously if you like!

We hope this addresses your concerns.

BlackBank

« Reply #29 on March 01, 2015, 04:07:14 pm by BlackBank »
We'll be inviting people to submit designs for flags / banners as soon as we've got a budget. We're looking at other fund-raising methods in addition to the crowd funder appeal so we hope to have much more that the £500 target to spend!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012