Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 10:23:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Forrester  (Read 15909 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Forrester
« Reply #30 on March 14, 2015, 04:05:15 am by BobG »
Really? We got the world record fee for a goalie when we sold Harry Gregg. Lol. It's probably 'usually' rather than 'always' Les.

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 14, 2015, 08:19:48 am by hoolahoop »
Don't go breaking my heart, I hate the thought of losing him.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 14, 2015, 08:42:42 am by IDM »
We need to get promoted and get him a full season in the championship, then if the offers right let him go at the minute we wouldn't get a good fee.
You would be talking about £400,000 at best, get him a full season in the league above with enough time on his contract, and if he puts the work in he has the ability to be talking 1-2 million.

He hasn't done enough consistently for a club to pay big money for him yet, it would be nice if he stays with us long term, i would rather see us build a team at the side of him to do well rather than lose him for a pittance.

Surely the value a buying club puts on any player purchase is more about the potential that player has and will give a return on investment?  Perhaps more that than a reflection of the player's previous form?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 23, 2015, 07:11:12 pm by Lesonthewest »
Really? We got the world record fee for a goalie when we sold Harry Gregg. Lol. It's probably 'usually' rather than 'always' Les.

BobG

OK Bob if we're splitting hairs maybe if we put 'almost' in front of the always? that better  :)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 23, 2015, 11:01:18 pm by drfchound »
I have noticed this season that most of Harry's best performances for us have been when he has come on as a sub.
In most of the games he has started he hasn't had the same impact.

kenrockrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 23, 2015, 11:29:03 pm by kenrockrover »
Im Sorry  :facepalm: ,but one for the money 2 for the show , but we havent seen enough so go,  go,go on holiday in the summerto the holiday rock n remember who sent u , return to the sender lol    :clapping: :clapping:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 24, 2015, 07:02:07 am by dickos1 »
All his best performances this season have come from the bench, he's never reproduced that form when starting a game

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 24, 2015, 08:23:27 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
I'd be more than happy to see him go in the Summer - overrated, thinks he's bigger & better than DRFC and seems more bothered about his appearance than his performance.

Who would we replace him with you ask? Well, Dickov got this job because of 'his contacts' I believe (certainly not for his tactics), so I'm sure the Master of Disaster could easily replace him!

All of the above is my own opinion, of course!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 24, 2015, 09:17:31 am by GazLaz »
What evidence do you have to say he thinks he is better than DRFC?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 24, 2015, 12:03:15 pm by ravenrover »
Guess it might just be his opinion Gaz, a bit like every body else on here  ;)

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 24, 2015, 02:43:49 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Yes, it is that - my opinion.

Just a general impression I get from him. We wouldn't be human if we didn't perceive others.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 24, 2015, 03:13:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Forrester's bound to feel at least a bit pee'd off with the way things have gone since he arrived at Rovers. He left a league one club to join us in the Championship, only to spend almost the whole season injured. On top of that he then saw the club he left get promoted to the Championship, and his new club drop back into league one.

Maybe his body language gives an impression that he's too good for this league, and is particularly wasted at Rovers. In my opinion he is, on both counts.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 26, 2015, 02:20:52 pm by GazLaz »
Forrester reminds me of Mata when it comes to defending. Just not very good at it. Mata looks like he's never played football before when his team don't have the ball.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 27, 2015, 09:49:05 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Forrester's bound to feel at least a bit pee'd off with the way things have gone since he arrived at Rovers. He left a league one club to join us in the Championship, only to spend almost the whole season injured. On top of that he then saw the club he left get promoted to the Championship, and his new club drop back into league one.

Maybe his body language gives an impression that he's too good for this league, and is particularly wasted at Rovers. In my opinion he is, on both counts.

Valid point that Bentley Bullet. He earns thousands of pounds a week, shouldn't he just dig in, give 100% ever week/game and do his best? Who knows, if he did he might become that Championship player he's desperate to be.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 28, 2015, 08:50:40 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
I also think that his set pieces are awful and need a lot of work!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 28, 2015, 09:01:43 am by GazLaz »
Hazard has won Chelsea the title. If he wasn't in it they wouldn't have won it. Take out any other player and they would of.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 28, 2015, 09:36:44 am by The Red Baron »
Hazard has won Chelsea the title. If he wasn't in it they wouldn't have won it. Take out any other player and they would of.

John Terry? I don't particularly like the bloke but he is the cornerstone of their defence. Without him they would have shipped a lot more goals.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 28, 2015, 09:44:23 am by acko »
if hazard wasn't in the team morinho is a clever enough manager to change the team round to make up for the loss,you could argue if it wasn't for a Chelsea player would Middlesboro be were they are

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 28, 2015, 10:08:25 am by GazLaz »

John Terry? I don't particularly like the bloke but he is the cornerstone of their defence. Without him they would have shipped a lot more goals.

Hazard has won them the league. All the others are replaceable.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 04, 2015, 06:58:23 am by GazLaz »
For all the stick he has received this season I believe he has won the VSC player of the season. He's our best player.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 04, 2015, 08:51:35 am by LincsRover »
Absolutely class apart today but gone missing too many times this season. My MOM yesterday by a mile even with Tysons hat trick but was thinking at the time, what if he'd played like this all season?? Don't want to lose him but can't help thinking he'll be off at the first decent opportunity so hope we get a good fee for him.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 04, 2015, 09:11:07 am by mushRTID »
I too just have a feeling he will be off. Shame, he was unplayable yesterday.

It's a shame Dickov hasn't been able to get the best out of him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on May 04, 2015, 09:14:03 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Doesn't surprise me that he should put on a Masterclass in a training game.

Have a think how many times he's turned it on when the muck, bullets and studs have really been flying.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 04, 2015, 09:24:26 am by Bentley Bullet »
He's a flair player! Not every player goes in like animal Little! 11 animal Little's would get you sweet f.a.

I think it's a case of how he is played more than how he plays.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:27:11 am by Bentley Bullet »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 04, 2015, 09:37:23 am by The Red Baron »
Sadly I missed the game yesterday, but the line up suggested he had a free role between midfield and the striker. Was that the case?

If he played in that kind of role regularly I believe we would get more out of him. In order to do that we probably need another midfield grafter as well as Keegan.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 04, 2015, 09:40:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

I'm not expecting him to go into tackles to cripple people. But if we're going to rely on him, I AM expecting him not to vanish when the shit starts flying. Which I've seen happen several times this season.

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 04, 2015, 09:41:32 am by Plumbster »
I for one think he is the only player we have who can beat a man and produce some class in the final third; I had heard he has moved out of his place in Hatfield so assumed he was going.  The fact he played yesterday suggests perhaps he is staying.  Hope so.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 04, 2015, 09:43:49 am by mushRTID »
We need to build a team around him for me.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 04, 2015, 09:45:12 am by grayx »
We need to build a team around him for me.

I agree, and play him in his best position.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on May 04, 2015, 09:48:28 am by dickos1 »
Forrester played on the left yesterday and he regularly destroyed their right back.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012