Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 05:05:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Legends Game: Update  (Read 9846 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Legends Game: Update
« on April 12, 2015, 08:12:04 pm by bobjimwilly »
Just received this email from the James Coppinger Events Team:

Just 7 Days to Kick Off.

And the ticket sales are hotting up!

Doncaster Rovers have been doing an amazing job this week reliving James Coppinger's time with the club.  It makes really interesting reading on how far both James and the club have come in what is arguably the greatest time in the clubs history.

Have a read below by clicking on either of the links below:

Click here for Season 2004/05
Click here for Season 2005/06

INSIDE 72 Magazine Article
In this article, Mind over Matter, James Coppinger talks about football and psychology and the story of how became a professional footballer.

Final Touches for the Legends Game on 19th April
Last week all the James Coppinger Events Team were putting together the final touches for what I can tell you is going to be an amazing day G-U-A-R-A-N-T-E-E-D.

Just once in your lifetime
It is possible that this will be the only opportunity that you will ever have to see all the past and present Doncaster Rovers Legends on one pitch at the same time and with special guest Louis Tomlinson making an a special guest appearance as opposing captain.  This is one event not to be missed.

Ticket update:

Hospitality Boxes - WOW all the available corporate boxes SOLD OUT within hours of going on sale.

Premier Seats - There are still a limited number of these tickets available click here to secure your ticket now

Standard Tickets - If you still want to purchase your tickets you can either click here or call the ticket office on 01302 762576

Doncaster Rovers Legend Home and Away Kit Shirt Sales - These 'One Off' Limited Edition shirts are selling like hotcakes.  To get your hands on your shirt simply click here to order your shirt.

Sunday the 19th April is going to be a truly amazing day and James, Louis, Doncaster Rovers Legends and us, the Events Team, are really looking forward to sharing it with you.

Who will win though #26v28

Kindest Regards

James Coppinger Events Team
events@jamescoppinger.co.uk
http://www.jamescoppinger.co.uk

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Legends Game: Update
« Reply #1 on April 12, 2015, 08:30:06 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I must admit somebody needs a lesson in marketing from JC's events team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 12, 2015, 08:49:44 pm by Copps is Magic »
It is being run very well. Credit to Sean Mcdaid, Copps, and everyone at the club who is helping.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 12, 2015, 09:09:32 pm by Tokyos Boot »
How are ticket sales going by the way?

Hitchin Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 12, 2015, 09:12:27 pm by Hitchin Exile »
Sean Mcdaid called me Saturday morning to say had won to play in the game.
cant wait now

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 12, 2015, 10:33:43 pm by RedRover45 »
How are ticket sales going by the way?

Just under 3000

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 13, 2015, 07:37:17 am by rtid88 »
People get buying your tickets this is a totally one off occasion!! I genuinely cannot understand why any true Rovers fan from the last 10-15 years would not be attending this game!!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 13, 2015, 07:44:53 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
People get buying your tickets this is a totally one off occasion!! I genuinely cannot understand why any true Rovers fan from the last 10-15 years would not be attending this game!!

£££s for me.  I need the cash for other things and it's just overpriced for me despite looking a good event.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 13, 2015, 08:53:37 am by wesisback »
Same for me. Can't justify the price tag.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 13, 2015, 09:00:57 am by GazLaz »
It is a bit more expensive than it should be. If it was £15 it would seem more appropriate. Can't not go over the sake of £8 though.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 13, 2015, 09:10:30 am by rtid88 »
It is expensive but how many times are we going to get this many ex players in the same ground again! As I have said before this should be seen as a celebration not only for Copps but of the success that we gave had over the past 10-15 years and also to thank John Ryan! I just cannot see why any price tag would put any fan off! Just my opinion and I know some people have family etc... to pay for and I am the same but this is a complete one off and will be ruined if there is no atmosphere in the ground!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 13, 2015, 09:31:24 am by idler »
It's a chance to enjoy a game at the Keepmoat.
We haven't done that much this season have we? 😜

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 13, 2015, 09:36:54 am by ctay »
Its price for me as well I am afraid. Tomorrow isnt going to be the cheapest!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 13, 2015, 09:57:01 am by bobjimwilly »
It's a chance to enjoy a game at the Keepmoat.
We haven't done that much this season have we? 😜

Exactly. And no matter who wins on the day, we can't lose!  :laugh:

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 13, 2015, 10:07:40 am by wesisback »
It is a bit more expensive than it should be. If it was £15 it would seem more appropriate. Can't not go over the sake of £8 though.
If ticket sales are at what's quoted then there clearly has been a stumbling block somewhere and to be honest I'd hazard a guess for the majority it would be price. If the testimonial fits is priced more reasonably I'll attend that.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 13, 2015, 10:08:55 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

By the time I've travelled down and all that though it's money I need for other things...

When I'm saving for something I have to draw the line somewhere, it's why I've not been to many away games.  I can understand why many won't go, it's a real shame it wasn't 10 quid or something and aimed at a big crowd.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 13, 2015, 10:28:40 am by RTID75 »
The price is a bit strong, but I can't pass up the chance to see some proper Rovers heroes once last time. The vast majority of them fully deserve our attendance and appreciation.

As long as it isn't spoilt one way or another by the kiddies there for Louis bloody Tomlinson I suspect I'll enjoy it more than I've enjoyed most home games this last few seasons!  :lol:

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 13, 2015, 11:02:51 am by bpoolrover »
Without the kiddies there there would be hardly anyone there by the look of it

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 13, 2015, 11:09:46 am by grayx »
Same for me. Can't justify the price tag.

Yep. Ridiculously priced. Should have been a tenner a ticket.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 13, 2015, 11:41:21 am by Tokyos Boot »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steven-gerrards-liverpool-all-star-charity-5313284

Priced at £20 for adults, £15 for over 65s and just £5 for juniors. All proceeds going to charity. Impressive!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 13, 2015, 12:05:12 pm by bobjimwilly »
You just can't leave it alone can you Lewis? You've posted your feelings on here previously, you wrote a piece in the fanzine, you berate the event on facebook (and in response to Copps joining the VSC suggest he'll be nicking his 12 quid back out of kids pocket money), and now you're comparing Steven Gerrard to Jamie Coppinger? Gerrard made £7 million+ in 2012 alone! And he didn't have to pay to hire Anfield for the event either or help promote the event at all for it to be a sell-out.

Coppinger deserves his day in the sun; DRFC fans deserved this event. The prices may be higher than people want, but that is no excuse for this crusade you've been on in my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:08:41 pm by bobjimwilly »

KnottingleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 13, 2015, 12:21:37 pm by KnottingleyRover »
I can't justify paying out for this game as much as I do think it will be a great occasion.For myself,two sons(we are all STH,s & have just renewed for next season)& my 1D fan daughter I,d be looking at the best part of £70 in match tickets alone.As a true Rovers fan(to quote rtid88)I thought it better to spend a similier amount of money last Tuesday night to go & support the team at Sheff Utd.James has been a great servent to our club & I look forward to attending his testimonial game in pre season against 'Boro.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 13, 2015, 10:13:02 pm by bobjimwilly »
video of the legends that will be playing on sunday:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa7WLpVtl1E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa7WLpVtl1E</a>

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 13, 2015, 10:15:09 pm by bobjimwilly »
and a message from Copps:

This game is not just about me, it's about everybody who has been involved with the club. It's about the players past and present. It's about the managers, the chairman, Louis Tomlinson and most of all the fans.

I want Sunday April 19th to be a day that everyone associated with Doncaster Rovers will remember for a very very long time.  I would love to recreate some of the carnival atmosphere that we have experienced as a club over recent years.

I really can't wait.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 13, 2015, 10:48:33 pm by NickDRFC »
Sounds to me like there is some real concern about the (lack of) ticket sales.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 13, 2015, 11:07:29 pm by Mr1Croft »
Will the VSC/Supporters Club Flag for Copps be there? Apologies if I've missed it but I don't think I've seen much mentioned about it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 13, 2015, 11:12:25 pm by silent majority »
It should be, expecting delivery this week.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 13, 2015, 11:22:39 pm by Mr1Croft »
Great.

Any chance we can have a look at the design?

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 13, 2015, 11:36:26 pm by DaveDRFC »
I agree that it's priced far too high. When it was first announced I thought, great, I'll go to that, and will take my lad for his first game as it won't matter too much if he kicks up a fuss. That was when I assumed it would be about a tenner a ticket, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money on a friendly. Instead I'm now covering at work getting paid double time so another guy can attend, hope he enjoys the game and I would like to be there but I think this is the best solution for all!

I went to the first legends game a few years back, and won Dean Walling's shirt in the auction, but from what I remember that only cost 5-10 pounds to attend and even then there were only about 2000 people there. Lewis Guy scored a worldy that day!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 13, 2015, 11:55:34 pm by bobjimwilly »
Great.

Any chance we can have a look at the design?

No, it's going to be revealed on the day.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012