Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:33:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Has the  (Read 8980 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Has the
« on April 23, 2015, 03:45:41 pm by since-1969 »
Release list been given yet , I think 400 or 500 fans may take there own release next season IMO . I doubt after this poor season and with prospects of more to come next I think it's a strong posibity of even lower crowds .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnybob

• Forum Member
Re: Has the
« Reply #1 on April 23, 2015, 04:17:22 pm by Donnybob »
Boring...

Yet another negative 'I want my own way' thread.

I'm gonna squweam, and I'll squweam and I'll squweam, and I'll stamp my feet and I'll cry and I'll not tidy my bedroom for ever! And then I'm going to run away from home...

Poleeese...! Why don't the mods just start a new section called The Sack Race.

Then make it permanent. Doesn't matter who's in charge it'll be the busiest section on the site.

I mean, FFS, how many 'Sack Dickov' threads does this world need?

I wouldn't mind but all these folk threatening never to watch the club again are just that - all talk. Look, if you're not happy just Feck Off and stop moaning about anything and everything to do with the club.

Go away, get a life, find something you actually enjoy. You're doing a fantastic job of making Leeds and Sheffield fans sound rational so stop all this posturing, stop talking the talk, just walk the walk and be gone.

Oh, and good bloody riddance. Maybe then we can have a little sanity and who knows, perhaps even a rational debate, some INTERESTING thoughts and opinions on here.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 23, 2015, 04:40:33 pm by newyankee »
I think the number of season tickets will drop, just because one end of the ground will not be for ST holders therefore people who want to sit there will pay on the day.  I also think, as with most clubs, the attendance will be based on performance.

If we have a home season like the last two then expect the worst. If, however, we get a decent team with the Keepmoat being a fortress, then I can expect all the fair weather supporters coming and building that said attendance figure.

In the end the attendance is all based on what goes on on the field,you will always have your die hards, but you need to impress the skeptics for them to part with their money.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 23, 2015, 04:46:19 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Making the south stand sit/stand anywhere is a very bold move. It could backfire big style.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 23, 2015, 04:51:29 pm by drfchound »
Donnybob, well said mate, that sums up my thoughts exactly.

Bentley Bullett,  i thought the same at first but having had time to think a bit more about the south stand situation it wont really make a difference to me and the people that i attend matches with because we always get there in good time so should be able to all sit together as usual.
maybe we will be a few seats away from where we sit now but it doesnt really matter.

Yankee - the south stand IS STILL for season ticket holders as well. I have already paid for mine.
The only difference is that buyers cant have a dedicated seat number.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 23, 2015, 04:55:34 pm by nice one rovers »
Can someone help me, what exactly is this thread about?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 23, 2015, 05:00:43 pm by since-1969 »
Has the club released the list of players the don't won't yet ????

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 23, 2015, 05:24:12 pm by drfchound »
I think it is about which players are being released AND ALSO how many fans will attend next season for various reasons.
I came to this conclusion after reading the opening comment.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 23, 2015, 05:41:34 pm by newyankee »
Didn't realise that Hound, but I still stand by my comment that attendance will depend on performance on the pitch, win at home people will come keep losing and they won't. That comes down to the manager and players.

It also means that good players can play on any surface, just look back at the old days of Best, Charlton etc, who played top class games on cow patches and bogs. Pitches in the 60's and 70's were a disgrace compared to today but it didn't stop them.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 23, 2015, 05:45:33 pm by newyankee »
By the way Hound, thanks for the good wishes, in your PM. I was expected to be dead by now, so my expectancy could now be 1, 2, 5 or even 10 years who knows!!! 

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 23, 2015, 09:28:31 pm by since-1969 »

Bentley Bullett,  i thought the same at first but having had time to think a bit more about the south stand situation it wont really make a difference to me and the people that i attend matches with because we always get there in good time so should be able to all sit together as usual.
maybe we will be a few seats away from where we sit now but it doesnt really matter.

Yankee - the south stand IS STILL for season ticket holders as well. I have already paid for mine.
Did you know that by not having "A dedicated seat number" and loose your ticket you will NOT be able to know who may be using it as they can sit any where making impossible to detect the culprit . Doh!!

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 23, 2015, 09:56:49 pm by StocktonRover »
'kin @ell 69er - even if you had a dedicated seat and lost your ticket, whoever found it could sit anywhere - but then again that's not negative enough is it?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 23, 2015, 10:03:15 pm by since-1969 »
It worth pointing out don't you think ! Or is that too nice . xx

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 23, 2015, 10:14:15 pm by drfchound »
Best,Law and Charlton were all special players indeed Yankee but they don't come that good in league one I'm afraid.
Our hardcore fans will always turn up but as you say, some fans only want to see a winning team so perhaps they shouldn't support the Rovers.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 23, 2015, 10:36:39 pm by StocktonRover »
It worth pointing out don't you think ! Or is that too nice . xx

No I don't think it is worth pointing out as its no different to any other ST that's lost and used by someone without morals.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 23, 2015, 10:48:27 pm by silent majority »

Did you know that by not having "A dedicated seat number" and loose your ticket you will NOT be able to know who may be using it as they can sit any where making impossible to detect the culprit . Doh!!

90% of away games are unreserved seating, therefore nobody has any idea who sits in what seat. Has it ever caused a problem? No. Should it cause a problem? No. Therefore why the negative 'what if' when it's done in the south stand?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 23, 2015, 10:54:10 pm by since-1969 »
I doubt any body has paid £300 +or - for anyway ticket that last a full season . But the poor fan who felt his seat was protected by agreeing to sit it for the duration has got to feel succered by what he has paid for now !! It was introduced to save money on staff not to endure more singing in the south stand .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 23, 2015, 10:58:30 pm by silent majority »
since-1969,

I'm having trouble following your argument. You talked about culprits not being identified and now your talking about staff costs. What is your point exactly?

As somebody who attended the fan panels the discussion about unreserved seating never ever mentioned staff costs, but I'm sure you know best!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 23, 2015, 11:29:48 pm by since-1969 »
But it's an obvious benefit , if you can coral supporters closer together when crowds are low and close off the sides , you don't need as many stewards . But I must be the only person who sees this .

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 24, 2015, 01:07:36 am by StocktonRover »
But it's an obvious benefit , if you can coral supporters closer together when crowds are low and close off the sides , you don't need as many stewards . But I must be the only person who sees this .
I think that you are probably the only person who see it that way due to your blinkered outlook.

The football season hasn't even finished yet but silly season is well underway.....

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 24, 2015, 02:55:37 am by RedRover45 »

Well you'd be wrong. If someone who has their season ticket lost or stolen, informs the club, the turnstile staff are given the number of the stolen ticket, and the holder of that ticket would be stopped at the gate and apprehended.

Which is no different to what happens now.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:12:27 am by RedRover45 »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 24, 2015, 07:25:27 am by since-1969 »
When has that EVER happened ?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 24, 2015, 07:33:20 am by dickos1 »
There's no point to this arguement. Like what's already been said, someone could use your season ticket now and go and sit in a different seat.
Therefore it's no different

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 24, 2015, 07:40:11 am by since-1969 »
And that's ok then .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 24, 2015, 08:09:09 am by dickos1 »
What's ok?
Unreserved season tickets makes no difference therefore you ain't making any sense

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 24, 2015, 10:52:01 am by since-1969 »
I don't  g a f any more !

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 24, 2015, 02:43:08 pm by Rovers Return »
 :suicide:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 24, 2015, 08:22:38 pm by i_ateallthepies »
But of course it's all the club's fault (no matter what the subject of his bleating).  You make no mention 1969 that the ST holder's responsibility to look after said ticket.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 24, 2015, 11:21:17 pm by since-1969 »
That's because the club obsolve themselves of any moral obligation to police the ground for fraudulent use of supporters S/Ts . It's ok saying there are ways of not detecting if a person is using a stolen ticket but the issue is , even if you report it NOTHING is done to protect your interests . So why fork out hundreds of pounds if it can just be disregarded and no attempt made to recover or prevent its use. Not a great deal to expect from your own club is it .

Capital Steez

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 25, 2015, 01:02:22 am by Capital Steez »
That's because the club obsolve themselves of any moral obligation to police the ground for fraudulent use of supporters S/Ts . It's ok saying there are ways of not detecting if a person is using a stolen ticket but the issue is , even if you report it NOTHING is done to protect your interests . So why fork out hundreds of pounds if it can just be disregarded and no attempt made to recover or prevent its use. Not a great deal to expect from your own club is it .
If you lose your phone - tough shit
Lose your season ticket - tough shit

Learn to look after your own property and take responsibility of yourself

Put the shandys as well lad. You're coming across a right Kitson

TinyPortal © 2005-2012