Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 07:42:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fan Engagement - Goal Music / Entrance Music  (Read 26206 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Fan Engagement - Goal Music / Entrance Music
« on May 21, 2015, 09:34:30 am by bobjimwilly »
Ideas are being discussed on twitter about if/what goal music should be played next season and possibly changing the entrance music from "Wild Rover".

Ideas so far: Pirates of the Carribean, Black Betty, My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade, Rollin Stones - Paint it black

Of course, suggestions don't have to be centered around the Black Bank theme; what would your choice be? 

FYI similar topics were discussed on Viking Chat a year ago here and back in 2012 here - maybe your opinion has changed? Let us know below

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Fan Engagement - Goal Music / Entrance Music
« Reply #1 on May 21, 2015, 09:38:06 am by GazLaz »
No goal music please. I suggested the Pieates theme tune, if not that, something similar. 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 21, 2015, 09:46:47 am by silent majority »
I hate goal music.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 21, 2015, 09:55:52 am by bobjimwilly »
Goal music should only be played if it's a quiet crowd, which hopefully the black bank will address. I like the current Wild Rover music for players coming out - a bit of history involved and it gives a cue to the South Stand to sing "and it's donny rovers..."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:28:02 am by bobjimwilly »

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 21, 2015, 09:56:08 am by coventryrover »
Paint it black would be awesome

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 21, 2015, 10:01:26 am by BillyStubbsTears »
How disappointingly middle of the road. If we have ANYTHING by My Chemical Romance as our theme song, I am never setting foot in that f**king place again.

Why not "Songs About f**king" by Big Black?

What about Black Grape - England's Irie. "Me wife's lactatin' an' I'm spectatin' - It's a football thing."

Or when Jose Baxter turns up, we could play Termazi Party just to make him feel at home.

Or if you really insist on cheese, you might as well go the whole Gorgonzola and have some 1970s Euro-pap.  "Black is Black" by La Belle Époque.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ7aDyJPn3c

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 21, 2015, 10:05:43 am by The Red Baron »
No goal music please. I've always wanted us to run out to the theme from Thunderbirds but it doesn't fit with the "black" theme.

What about that Pixies tune that BST has mentioned before? Sounds good and Frank Black was in The Pixies, so there is a tenuous link, I suppose.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 21, 2015, 10:11:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Planet of Sound!

Beat me to the punch TRB! I was trying to think of a suitable Frank Black song but all I could think of was Whatever Happened to Pong.

Personally, I'd eschew all this black shite. If we're really trying to make the place intimidating you want a bit of Tanz Mit by Laibach.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Glu9wA4HjE0

If that final chorus and ending doesn't get you going, you're beyond hope.
Ein Zwei Drei Vier.
Bang! Welcome to f**king Doncaster.

My Chemical f***ing Romance...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:20:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »

bally1950

« Reply #8 on May 21, 2015, 10:56:14 am by bally1950 »
Black Betty for Goals - Just a personal choice and reason

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 21, 2015, 11:05:04 am by acacia94 »
Just bought a Rega RP3 turntable. First time have had something good to play the vinyl on. Planet of Sound 12" sounds devastating.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 21, 2015, 11:52:53 am by Jenny »
I am with the no goal music brigade but don't really care about entrance music.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 21, 2015, 11:54:47 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Why does everything have to be done on bloody Sh*tter these days? As a means of 'engaging with fans' why restrict yourself to one small platform?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 21, 2015, 12:01:27 pm by IDM »
I don't like "wild rover" at all. Just my opinion.

I am not that keen on goal music either, but I think there are several energetic parts we could extract from "the official colourbox world cup theme" by colour box, circa 1986 (BST may know this one) ?

As for entry music, I quite like - and I guess it is not unique - the music that used to be on the "old spice" aftershave ads in the 70s...

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 21, 2015, 12:03:24 pm by bobjimwilly »
Why does everything have to be done on bloody Sh*tter these days? As a means of 'engaging with fans' why restrict yourself to one small platform?

There are a lot of fans use twitter, Glyn, and it's very good for capturing instant opinion and discussion. That is sometimes also the downside howver; things can be lost and forgotten to time as quick as they appear, which is wear other forms of social media and forums like this can step in; to keep the discussion on-topic and at the top of the agenda, if needed.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 21, 2015, 12:07:06 pm by bobjimwilly »
As for entry music, I quite like - and I guess it is not unique - the music that used to be on the "old spice" aftershave ads in the 70s...

O Fortuna?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4</a>

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 21, 2015, 12:15:49 pm by nightporter »
Would love Rovers to come out to this.  1st 40ish seconds, before the real lyrics start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdNdjF-htY

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 21, 2015, 12:31:29 pm by RobTheRover »
Just bought a Rega RP3 turntable. First time have had something good to play the vinyl on. Planet of Sound 12" sounds devastating.

Just looked up the RP3, Acacia, as I'm after a turntable (Holly from the Lovely Eggs sent me a signed copy of Cob Dominos last year and I've never played it).  Looks lovely.  I was thinking of getting a second hand Linn Axis, but you are still looking at spending as much as they were brand new back in the 90s.

Anyway, back on topic.  Not a huge fan of goal music, but I do like us lining up to Wild Rover.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 21, 2015, 12:33:22 pm by Al4475 »
The bit from the end of last of the mohicans.
Charlatans 'one to another' both would get pulses going I think! I'll find youtube links later!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 21, 2015, 12:37:06 pm by RobTheRover »

O Fortuna?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4</a>

We used to come out to that at OBV

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 21, 2015, 12:41:55 pm by Copps is Magic »
Are your ready, are you ready (yes, I'm ready)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr857W82ySE

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 21, 2015, 12:59:31 pm by Draytonian III »
"Time for action " by Secret Affair. It used to be  played a couple of years ago during the warm up. Can anyone on hear put a link up as I can't, also the lyrics are suitable for a football club

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 21, 2015, 01:18:13 pm by The Red Baron »
"Time for action " by Secret Affair. It used to be  played a couple of years ago during the warm up. Can anyone on hear put a link up as I can't, also the lyrics are suitable for a football club

Are they? Only if you're a latter-day mod.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 21, 2015, 01:29:39 pm by GazLaz »
Isn't there anyone at the club that can make good decisions on these things?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 21, 2015, 01:30:31 pm by IDM »
Intro music - Heroes, by Bowie?

Goal music - Papa's got a brand new pigbag, by pig bag.  We all know this one anyway!!  For those who don't know the original, this is the music that gives the "tune" to the Duh duh duh-duh, f**king useless" chant.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:47:25 pm by IDM »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 21, 2015, 01:40:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
IDM

I had a 12 inch of The Official Courbox World Cup a Theme many moons ago.

I wonder what happened to them after Pump Up The Volume. I thought they were going to be massive.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 21, 2015, 01:46:13 pm by IDM »
BST I think I still have that 12 inch version, in my box of vinyl in the attic - in fact, I'd better have or I'll be 'kin angry!

How about the "OOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooh" bit from the Toy Dolls punk version of Nellie the Elephant for a goal celebration? 

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 21, 2015, 01:47:20 pm by glosterred »
Not to bothered what tune is played when the teams come out or we score, what I would like to see is the name of the scorer put up on the big screen. There is a sizeable deaf community that follow the Rovers and it would help them no end.

COYR

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 21, 2015, 01:52:08 pm by IDM »

O Fortuna?

We used to come out to that at OBV

I thought it was familiar, but why not?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 21, 2015, 01:57:11 pm by VivaRovers »
In any of these things, it would be nice to see some originality and individuality rather than just playing Tom f****ing Hark or something else because it works at another club.

How about coming out to the closing theme tune from Open All Hours? Doncaster specific, unique, individual.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 21, 2015, 01:58:40 pm by RoversAlias »
First and foremost - absolutely no goal music. Get rid of that (if we even still have it? Don't think I've been in attendance for us scoring a goal at home since February), it is poor and it's always better without.

Please do not have us coming out to a bloody My Chemical Romance song. Not exactly the tone you want to set at the start of a game. You want positivity, and/or a sense of going into battle. Pirates theme might not be too bad. I don't mind Wild Rover at all though personally.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012