Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 07:11:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fan Engagement - Goal Music / Entrance Music  (Read 26204 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Fan Engagement - Goal Music / Entrance Music
« Reply #90 on June 17, 2015, 12:55:14 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

The last five minutes before the game should be free of tannoyed music to allow the fans to get into the mood.

:that:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on June 17, 2015, 12:56:21 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The whole goal music thing is excruciatingly American. It is so alien to our sporting culture.

Having been to an mls game this week, their fans are just as mental if not more so than ours if I'm honest.  Yes it's hyped up a lot but their passion is certainly no less.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on June 17, 2015, 01:24:25 pm by Scooter »
I think in terms of long term sustainability we need to get fans through the gates and think of future generations. I dare say a good amount of posters on here have supported Rovers forever and a day and are set in their ways and like how things were and should still be (I have my own preferences and routines as well).
However kids love a bit of goal music, particularly when they are at an age where they don't understand the intricacies of analytical football or the high level comments made by individual fans which are pure genius.
They sit through often dull uneventful football eating sweets and playing on phones. They sometimes ask insightful questions only to be dismissed by the appropriate adult who is currently absorbed in their personal time warp comparing today's players to their heroes of days gone by.
All of a sudden a one yard toepoke goes in, and music fills the developing mind of the future doherty/bremner/chung/penney/o'driscoll (please delete the ones irrelevant to your age group) and the brain tells them its exciting.
The game ends and they tell their parents they want to go again as it's "exciting". After 7 trips they are then set for life (someone once told me if you do something 7 times it is embedded in your memory)

As for entrance music, again your ages show (no offence intended) with calls for Led Zep and others, but rightly or wrongly many kids of this time will have no idea what you are on about let alone relate to their music.
Personally I think Kasabian's underdog is a great call as it fits with TLO Doncaster.
Make it entertaining for kids and they will come - look at cricket. Without the music and razzamatazz one day or T20 cricket is a bit shit

Just a thought
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:45:23 pm by Scooter »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on June 17, 2015, 01:38:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP

I was thinking of ice hockey to be honest. An old girlfriend of mine was a Sheffield Steelers fan. I went to a couple of games with her. Christ what an artificial experience. Tannoy music telling you when and how to celebrate.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on June 17, 2015, 02:00:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Scooter, good points well made  :thumbsup: However, I recall the elation, as described by BST v Burnley, being more than anything else experienced and is what hooked me. Being directed by a tannoy takes away from this... for me.

I see tannoy direction as an insidious plastic form of social control/depowerment. It's pure 1984 (Orwell). But... maybe I need to accept that yongsters are, sadly, simply plugged into and need such ways to feel excitement.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on June 23, 2015, 09:23:03 am by bobjimwilly »
Rovers are looking for people to submit song ideas to improve match day music: http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/win-when-ya-singing-2502220.aspx

Songs must be "energetic and up beat". Wild Rover will still be played prior to kick-off.

Closing date for submissions is 5pm on July 10th.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on June 27, 2015, 08:35:42 am by coventryrover »
Firstly, I think it would be great if the music was turned off a couple of minutes before KO.  Give the fans a chance to get the atmosphere going; it’s what we used to do.

Songs I’d like to hear.

Painted Black (Rolling Stones) for the new Blackbank initiative
One to Another (Charlatans)
Back in Black (ACDC)  I go to WASPS matches at the Ricoh and sounds awesome

Something modern;
Kathleen by Catfish and the Bottlemen
Marks to prove it by The MAccabees

No goal music.  Lets hear the fan noise!!

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on June 27, 2015, 08:40:06 am by roversontheup »
I agree with previous poster. By all means let's have some lively music played but not at key moments when it should be the crowd making the noise.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on June 27, 2015, 02:39:12 pm by jonnydog »
I've gotta say, aside from RedJ's Sunshine and lollipops suggestion over the last decade, I do think that The Stones' Paint It Black would be brilliant to come on to.

Whereas I don't give a shite about goal music, the only one where I MAY sing to is that one they use in the Darts after a leg. Is it called 'Chasing The Sun'?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:21:09 pm by jonnydog »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on June 27, 2015, 02:48:24 pm by idler »
How about happy heart by Andy Williams every time Andy scored?
I'd love to get sick of that being played repeatedly. 

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on June 27, 2015, 06:21:03 pm by PDX_Rover »
Too Giod to be true - the build up to the " I live you baby" bit would be good.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on June 28, 2015, 12:16:50 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Part of the lack of atmosphere is the crowd being drowned out by the overbearing music, i do think our country doesn't have ideas of it's own, everything is from america ten years after it was popular over there.
Music is here to stay, nothing wrong with music in the right places, and younger fans as said probably do like it, but how about, filling this time in with the older generation of fans learning the younger one's club related songs?.
There are clubs that fans are in the ground an hour before and that's the majority, to some it's meeting up with mates and all singing about the club they love.

Instead some of our fans bicker and moan about where they are sitting, unless you are disabled it shouldn't be a problem.
It would be nice if the opposition fans have a surprise at the brilliant atmosphere this season, instead of the embarrassment that it is.
Even if you don't want to sing, surely clapping your hands when chants are going is not too much to ask, at times there's been more atmosphere in a monastery.
We have plenty of bald heads but no singers!!.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on June 28, 2015, 09:38:46 pm by drfchound »
It would also be good to get someone on the drum who gets the crowd going rather than one would hardly bangs the thing.
The lad who used to do it was great but this Peter Kay lookalike is really rubbish.

Also does anyone remember a couple of seasons ago when a couple of blokes turned up to two or three games with trumpets?
They really lifted the atmosphere and got the songs going.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on June 28, 2015, 11:51:29 pm by Filo »
It would also be good to get someone on the drum who gets the crowd going rather than one would hardly bangs the thing.
The lad who used to do it was great but this Peter Kay lookalike is really rubbish.

Also does anyone remember a couple of seasons ago when a couple of blokes turned up to two or three games with trumpets?

I'm sure I've got a recorder in the loft somewhere, has anyone got a tambourine or a triangle? We could blast some right sounds out :)

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on June 29, 2015, 12:38:57 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
I'd like to see the Hogwarts' March for entrance music.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on June 30, 2015, 08:36:17 am by drfchound »

I'm sure I've got a recorder in the loft somewhere, has anyone got a tambourine or a triangle? We could blast some right sounds out :)

If enough of us brought recorders we could do a Clangers Tribute day.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on June 30, 2015, 08:52:45 am by bobjimwilly »
It would be nice if the opposition fans have a surprise at the brilliant atmosphere this season, instead of the embarrassment that it is.

I don't give a crap what opposition fans think tbh mate

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on July 01, 2015, 11:31:13 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

I don't give a crap what opposition fans think tbh mate

Well i'll word it differently Bob, pride in ourselves in knowing we make sure our team is supported as vocally as possible, and make it slightly intimidating to come and get a result at our ground.
If you face a real top team, nothing the crowd does will matter, but against certain teams it can create a little doubt in the oppositions players minds.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on July 10, 2015, 01:59:51 pm by bobjimwilly »
today is your last chance to submit the three songs you would like to hear on a match-day:

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/win-when-ya-singing-2502220.aspx

submissions accepted up until 5pm

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on July 10, 2015, 04:11:58 pm by the vicar »
As for entry music, I quite like - and I guess it is not unique - the music that used to be on the "old spice" aftershave ads in the 70s...

been there done that got the t shirt

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4</a>

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on July 10, 2015, 04:38:31 pm by Yargo »
Comming out to that would be called premature ejaculation

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on July 10, 2015, 04:41:15 pm by LincsRover »
Thanks for the reminder BJW - forgot about this until now but just entered with the winning songs (in my dreams anyway!!).

Ace of spades - Motörhead
Get the funk out - Extreme
The boys are back in town - Thin Lizzie

:rtid:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on July 10, 2015, 10:16:49 pm by RobTheRover »
If you want black http://www.chrisrand.com/hmhb/achtung-bono-2005/depressed-beyond-tablets/

Love that.

If we are going a touch leftfield (and to link it in to my earlier post) can I propose.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDM-kCQkarw

Cant see that winning, to be fair.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on July 11, 2015, 12:58:41 pm by Bentley Bullet »
'Woo Hoo'  from Song 2 by Blur, played full blast when we score.

I'm not a great Blur admirer and am certainly not a cereal Damon Allbran fan, but Song 2 would be absolutely fantastic to celebrate to.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on July 11, 2015, 01:34:39 pm by knockers »
Bit generic that BB. We should go for reign in blood by slayer! YouTube it, you'll love it😁

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on July 11, 2015, 02:52:57 pm by idler »
'Woo Hoo'  from Song 2 by Blur, played full blast when we score.

I'm not a great Blur admirer and am certainly not a cereal Damon Allbran fan, but Song 2 would be absolutely fantastic to celebrate to.
I take it from previous posts cereal was firmly tongue in cheek. 😃

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on July 11, 2015, 02:57:09 pm by bobjimwilly »
song 2 always reminds me of FIFA RTWC 98

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on July 11, 2015, 05:44:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I've just been listening to reign in blood by Slayer on YouTube. That would sound absolutely fantastic if it were played full blast when we score.

Try it https://youtu.be/EHkxPilDpSY  You'll love it, and thank me for suggesting it!  :whistle:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on July 11, 2015, 06:10:09 pm by drfchound »
There was a bloke sat near me at the last couple of games last season who was wearing a neck brace.
I think he would struggle with the headbanging to be fair BB.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on July 11, 2015, 06:20:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
There was a bloke sat near me at the last couple of games last season who was wearing a neck brace.
I think he would struggle with the headbanging to be fair BB.

He'd be alright if he braced himself.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012