Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 06:18:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fan Engagement - Goal Music / Entrance Music  (Read 26215 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Fan Engagement - Goal Music / Entrance Music
« Reply #30 on May 21, 2015, 02:56:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Why does everything have to be done on bloody Sh*tter these days? As a means of 'engaging with fans' why restrict yourself to one small platform?

There are a lot of fans use twitter, Glyn, and it's very good for capturing instant opinion and discussion. That is sometimes also the downside howver; things can be lost and forgotten to time as quick as they appear, which is wear other forms of social media and forums like this can step in; to keep the discussion on-topic and at the top of the agenda, if needed.

What discussion? This is the first I've heard of it, and I imagine it's the same as anyone else who doesn't use twitter. I've still no real idea what's already been said/suggested/rejected/decided regarding any theme/what will happen to any suggestions...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:59:02 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 21, 2015, 03:01:14 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Why do we need to have a vote EVERY season to establish a traditional entrance anthem? If that's not  a contradiction in terms I don't know what is!

Personally I like the Wild Rover theme, but unfortunately its 3 or so years of use is about as far as tradition goes for some of our fans.

Thank goodness were not West Ham fans. I'm sure we'd be forever blowing Bubbles about as much as Michael Jackson by now.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 21, 2015, 03:05:11 pm by drfchound »
The music before games and at half time goes on for far too long.
The ref has to look to the sidelines to indicate that he is ready to blow the whistle and it stops one second before kick off.
The fans are unable to do any songs before the game because they can't be heard and it prevents any build up of atmosphere.
It prevents fans being able to sing individual players names like we used to be able to do.

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 21, 2015, 03:28:26 pm by craigdrfc »
Unless someone is prepared to spend money improving the PA system then I just wouldn't bother!!! The music is either that loud it's distorted or that quiet that you can't hear it properly. Either way, defo cut the goal music ... It sums up everything I hate about the modern game. If we can't make a scene ourselves when we score then it's a bloody poor show all round.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 21, 2015, 03:30:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It very often IS a poor show all round!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 21, 2015, 03:38:56 pm by Wild Rover »
Entrance .......Send in the clowns.

Goals ............ only the lonely.

Only joking of course. Could do away with all that crap. entertainment value 1. Spectacle value 0.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 21, 2015, 03:45:43 pm by The Red Baron »
Going back many years, I recall being at a night match at Filbert Street, Leicester, when they played  "Without You" by Harry Nilsson just before the teams ran out. That really lifted the atmosphere - not!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 21, 2015, 04:15:35 pm by bobjimwilly »
what I would like to see is the name of the scorer put up on the big screen. There is a sizeable deaf community that follow the Rovers and it would help them no end.

great point gloster!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 21, 2015, 04:21:33 pm by Copps is Magic »
Got to agree with Bentley. What is the point of changing it? Wild Rover is fine.

If this is fan engagement then it is a token gesture at the very best.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 21, 2015, 04:31:27 pm by bobjimwilly »
It's all part of it. We'd of course hope the club aren't just making decisions based purely on a few comments on twitter; that would be a bit daft.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 21, 2015, 04:32:53 pm by Bessie Red »
Entrance music - Back in Black or Hell Ain't a bad Place to be -AC/DC or Immigrant Song - Led Zep. 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 21, 2015, 04:36:49 pm by silent majority »
Got to agree with Bentley. What is the point of changing it? Wild Rover is fine.

If this is fan engagement then it is a token gesture at the very best.

No doubt the fan panel will be turning their attention to it. It was mentioned briefly at the last panel meeting so I expect it to raise its head again. But realistically I can't see the point, we've been down this road so many times that I thought we'd settled on something at last. Obviously not.

We'd also had goal music dropped, which I thought was a success, but JR insisted on bringing it back.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 21, 2015, 04:41:21 pm by IDM »
I'm on the fence about goal music - I would rather we didn't have it, but it doesn't offend me.

Either way, I'd rather we just scored a few more goals!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 21, 2015, 04:46:01 pm by Al4475 »
We were getting there the other year with a final five of song 2, one step beyond, gold, chorus of hey jude then into wild rover! We then preceded all that with two tribes, clubbed to death was for the initial team read through and the rest was filled with whatever rob fancied! A good point been made earlier in the thread about the tannoy system - it's not great so songs and music had to be between certain frequencies to be heard ok!

Pip and I spent ages before games that season checking balances and equipment and we nearly got there I think! We altered bits of equipment to make small adjustments but all the stuff (including fire alarms and safety announcements were all on he same loop system which then meant volume in the bowl and concourses could never be isolated! Woulda been nice to have continued making the small improvements! But hey-ho it wasn't to be!

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 21, 2015, 04:53:39 pm by Rovers Return »
How does it become traditional if we keep bloomin' changing it? It's fine, it does the job!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 21, 2015, 05:03:24 pm by bobjimwilly »
How does it become traditional if we keep bloomin' changing it? It's fine, it does the job!

good point.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 21, 2015, 05:08:35 pm by roversontheup »
Definitely no goal music is my choice. All want to hear is the roar of our own fans when we score. Don't understand this need for anything else.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on May 21, 2015, 05:49:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

But if you don't change it every time the twitterati get their knickers in a twist, you get accused of not listening to them. You can't win either way.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 21, 2015, 06:08:28 pm by LincsRover »
I don't mind 'wild rover' to come out to but my choice would be 'Ace of Spades' by the legendary Lemmy & Motörhead! Now that would definitely get me rocking!!!

Agree with no goal music though!!

:evil:

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 21, 2015, 06:13:24 pm by Move DRFC »
This should be our goal music from 3 minutes 13 seconds in. No doubt about it  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_JLi2s4oyU

U reds

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 21, 2015, 06:15:38 pm by acacia94 »
.......Just looked up the RP3, Acacia, as I'm after a turntable (Holly from the Lovely Eggs sent me a signed copy of Cob Dominos last year and I've never played it).  Looks lovely.  I was thinking of getting a second hand Linn Axis, but you are still looking at spending as much as they were brand new back in the 90s.

In response RobtheRover.....offtopic and back on the HiFi nerd stuff. The Linns a cracker but to be honest the vinyl sounds stunning on any of the decent turntables. Trouble is you can't listen again to anything digitally compressed without feeling short changed.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 21, 2015, 06:27:29 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

This basically.  No to goal music too, the crowd should be the goal music....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 21, 2015, 06:29:40 pm by Filo »
If we have our entrance music to match our recent home form it has to be the theme from Last of the Summer Wine :)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 21, 2015, 06:33:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If we have our entrance music to match our recent home form it has to be the theme from Last of the Summer Wine :)

We deserve compo, definitely.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 06:36:48 pm by Bentley Bullet »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 21, 2015, 08:26:21 pm by bobjimwilly »
the lack of goals this season did drive me a bit batty

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 21, 2015, 08:31:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Hopefully we'll Seymour next season.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 21, 2015, 10:12:29 pm by southwestexile »
What we need is a properly good footy song sung by the squad over the tannoy system.  At the Tattersfield ground the Dons used to walk out to 'We're the Dons, we're the Dons and we keep on marching on, we're the boys in the blue and gold'. Cheesy but traditional, unique and not controversial. Also, everyone could sing along

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 21, 2015, 10:55:55 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I vote for NO goal music and Wild Rover played over an improved tannoy system.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 21, 2015, 11:34:18 pm by Retdon1 »
Fat boy slim - right here right now
Darude - sandstorm
Tiesto - adagio for strings

We need something with a beat and tempo to come out to. We need a song that will get everyone fired up, please get rid of that crap song we come out to now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012