Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 06:16:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fan Engagement - Goal Music / Entrance Music  (Read 26213 times)

GM-MarkB

Re: Fan Engagement - Goal Music / Entrance Music
« Reply #60 on May 22, 2015, 05:45:03 am by GM-MarkB »
How about "Fairies Wear Boots" by Black Sabbath

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

KnottingleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 22, 2015, 07:39:38 am by KnottingleyRover »
Regarding entrance music,I like the one Micheal Van Guerwan walks out to at the premier league darts,Starts off slow then builds up with drums & a great guitar riff,instead of singing oooh Micheal Van Guerwan everyone sings we're the red & white army.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 22, 2015, 08:31:52 pm by godlike1 »
Your all missing a trick here

I think we need something that connects us to the club and reflects the club and its history among with its badge and image as an underdog that achieves against all the odds. Something that makes us feel proud about the club and I think is a little vikingesque.  I would market this as rovers theme and play it everywhere whenever rovers are nearby

The tune I'm on about is uprising by muse

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 22, 2015, 08:50:00 pm by scaley back rover »

Your all missing a trick here

I think we need something that connects us to the club and reflects the club and its history among with its badge and image as an underdog that achieves against all the odds. Something that makes us feel proud about the club and I think is a little vikingesque.  I would market this as rovers theme and play it everywhere whenever rovers are nearby

The tune I'm on about is uprising by muse

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

Or underdog by Kasabian to run out too

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 22, 2015, 11:51:55 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Music to run out to is such a tricky one as so many people have so many different tastes. Whilst I still go for Wild Rover, the tannoy doesn't work well with it. There's loads of great alternative suggestions here that would work better with the tannoy, but none hit the mark of a connection with Rovers -  arguably, Wild Rover is streets ahead on that score.

The only other one I can think of that has a Rovers connection is a bit tired in some ways - Zepp's Kashmir. It was the "run on" song at our Conf play off and at the JPT final. As soon as I heard it at the JPT final, I knew we'd win.

Musically it has the classic ominous driving tones needed, and (way better than most suggestions) the drum and heavy riff hits immediately. The lyrics work too.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 23, 2015, 12:41:31 am by PDX_Rover »
The immigrant song by Zep.... Viking lyrics...

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 23, 2015, 10:13:47 am by Yargo »
Music to run out to is such a tricky one as so many people have so many different tastes. Whilst I still go for Wild Rover, the tannoy doesn't work well with it. There's loads of great alternative suggestions here that would work better with the tannoy, but none hit the mark of a connection with Rovers -  arguably, Wild Rover is streets ahead on that score
Agree with that,if it can't be bettered why change?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on May 23, 2015, 11:45:42 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Tend to agree with BRR also. Stick with it, make it traditional and learn to sing along with it.

On a personal note, I think the fanfare, from the opening of "Fanfare for The Common Man" captures the attention. Then we can go in to Wild Rover or whatever.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 23, 2015, 11:53:01 am by Canadian Rover »
Out of the  darkness: John Parr

Classic

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 23, 2015, 12:00:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on May 23, 2015, 01:15:33 pm by nortikorner »
Black Velvet Band

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 23, 2015, 01:59:02 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Someone mentioned the squad doing a chanty type song - how about them doing Wild Rover? That way there would be an even better club connection, and the club could make a little money from it.

The intro could be more instant, dramatic, attention grabbing - heavier drum beat and crunchier heavier guitar and bass crashing in together in Zeppelin style rather than the slightly more traditional style the Dropkicks use. Otherwise the format the Dropkicks use - intro, chorus, verse etc, and the bawdy vocals works great. I think also go into "And it's Donny Rovers..." etc to nail it.

:clapping: :woohoo: :scarf: :woot: :clapping: :laugh: :woot: :woohoo: :scarf: :clapping:

<added> The vocals would have to be full on, rocking and gutsy (LOTS of beer would help!) and not the usual half hearted slightly embarressed squad singing.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 02:03:46 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on May 23, 2015, 02:49:25 pm by bobjimwilly »
Even better, how about the squad record a charity single of Wild Rover? :thumbsup:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 23, 2015, 02:53:48 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I think that's an ace idea - just please please please make the production top quality and kick their arses before they sing. It has to rock from the first micro second like thunder hitting the stadium - kerrrrang! Especially no weak singers doing a band aid type solo  :sick:

Underwood

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on May 23, 2015, 04:15:24 pm by Underwood »
No goal music.
Entrance - Send In The Boys - Milburn.

Should throw The Opener by The Courteeners in there somewhere seeing as it references Doncaster several times.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on May 24, 2015, 11:37:35 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Get a few positive songs on Eye of the tiger etc, then allow some time for our fans to build they're own atmosphere, you get completely overwhelmed by players names ''Sponsored by''!!, get one of the fans with a tannoy ramping the atmosphere up like in Germany.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on May 25, 2015, 07:54:20 am by bobjimwilly »
when Jonathan reads out the players names prior to KO I think he's dropped reading the sponsors as they are on the big screen

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on May 25, 2015, 10:53:42 am by Al4475 »
Not quite BJW,

When I was on the mic I dropped the sponsors in the final read through the other season - after discussions with Shaun Lockwood and Andy Whitham - because:-

a)the legal side of the sponsorship deal said that the sponsors names only had to be read on first read through, after said player scored a goal or when said player came on as a sub...and...

b)I didn't want to the fans to hear 'Number 1 Sponsored by Moirae - Ross Turnbull' as the players were getting pumped and ready - I wanted the fans to try and create some atmosphere, not listen to me bleating on about who sponsored who - LOL. I also liked to give the final read throughs out in front of the away end (for their lot) then get down the west to the SS.

I'm glad to see that it (the Sponsored by ......... bit) wasn't reinstated in the final read throughs by Jonathon this last season!

Oh by the way - my two links from earlier in the thread:
Last of The Mohicans (last bit): I think this would be ace entrance music - prior to WR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGkNHG64O-8 - from somewhere between 6:00-6:10 through to 8:07 (ish)

One To Another by The Charlatans: 2:37 - END
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXs8zmfqXvg

The words are something like this: Need some new ones penning! LOL but what a piece of music.

Stand by my accusations
I'll come clean I don't need no vice
I know you want to keep me waitin'
I think its funny that you might
Love is hard to leave
And it's hard to never have

Can you please crawl out of your window
You can play with all my love
Yeah yeah yeah
Box up all our records
And a head full of ideas
And a hand full of escape routes
They're going to burn you
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:32:58 am by Al4475 »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on May 25, 2015, 11:01:06 am by Colemans Left Hook »
for goal music it's got to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3nM2Ul4rLU

captain pugwash's ship was called the black pig

could say when rovers score the oppositions defence would be all at sea :chair:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on May 25, 2015, 11:46:59 am by The Red Baron »

Captain Pugwash was created by John Ryan!

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on May 25, 2015, 01:43:06 pm by streatham dave »
Threads like these every single year.  It was a thread like this when it was decided that Wild rover would be used. Now you want to change it to something else. You can't please everybody all of the time but at least wild rover has been sung at rovers for decades and is connected to the club. Pick a random song just because it is popular now and we'll be revisiting this in another 5 years if not sooner trying to change again for something that is popular then. Switching songs on a whim will only serve to make the club look like a joke. As for goal music, I  couldn't care less either way.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on May 25, 2015, 07:33:00 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Captain Pugwash was created by John Ryan!

checked my facts and you are right -- (nobody has updated wikipedia since april) nice to know there is someone sadder than me (only just)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on May 26, 2015, 02:11:22 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Not criticising Jonathan you have to read what is put to you, i think you do a good job not one i would like to attempt, you have enthusiasm for the club which comes across when you speak.
Don't change the Wild Rover, try and fit the Tony Christie Amarillo in, with the words changed to the rovers orientated version.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on May 26, 2015, 04:47:16 pm by Mike_F »
I think we should stick with the Wild Rover. Keep it up for a decade or so and it'll become part of the matchday identity for ever as kids will grow up never knowing anything else.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 16, 2015, 03:33:32 pm by PopStander »
Coming out to 'Wild Rover' is brilliant need to keep that!

With 'Goal music' I've never liked the one we have, only really warmed to the idea of a song for a player, for example Rob Jones scores 'Spandau Ballet - Gold'.
But rather have none.

Maybe bring back 'Tina Turner - Simply the best' when we win, cant beat a Belle Vue Classic!

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on June 16, 2015, 03:48:11 pm by ReadingViking »
No goal music - but for a pre match sing along Sweet Caroline style - Happy Together by The Turtles it  wouldn't need to much of a lyric change to be belting.

I can't see me loving no body but you all for my life 'ROVERS' etc

Not sure how to link ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRCe5L1imxg

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on June 16, 2015, 05:30:09 pm by Ldr »
Different code but always been a fan of the lyrics here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IAa0bsjGZI
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:37:03 pm by Ldr »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on June 16, 2015, 07:36:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The whole goal music thing is excruciatingly American. It is so alien to our sporting culture.

When your team scores, you are supposed to go f**king mental. You're supposed to scream and jump up and down and kiss strangers and smack heads with your best mate. You are supposed to be oblivious to the rest of existence for 10 seconds. The rot set in with Tim f**king Lovejoy getting everyone to do that moronic dance in time, and with Chelsea-f**king-Dagger.

What it should be like is that legendary night at Turf Moor in the Cup in 1991. Rankine put us 1-0 up against the run of play. I started going f**king mental with the lads. Turned round to see the bloke who looked like the bull-necked cropped-headed character off the Do It All adverts ("If only we knew it. How Do It All do it") running down the terrace with a face like thunder picking up everyone in his path and sweeping them down the terrace. Absolute carnage. It was like a human tsunami.

By the time we'd calmed down, Burnley had equalised and I never even realised for 15 minutes.

THAT is what scoring a goal should be like. You don't need some bleeding power ballad to make you feel it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 17, 2015, 08:39:30 am by drfchound »
Ah, happy days.

My beef is with the pre match music.
It goes on far too close to kick off.
The last five minutes before the game should be free of tannoyed music to allow the fans to get into the mood.
I know we only have a few player songs but it is impossible for the players to hear them over the sound of the blaring out music.
The ref even has to look to the touchline for it to be turned off so he can get the game underway.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on June 17, 2015, 12:46:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
How about that for a coincidence.

The Burnley scorer that day was Steve Davis.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012